$10m Gtd Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$10m Gtd Opinions

Was going great until this hand, villain was playing very LAG in recent rounds.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 600/1200 Blinds 120 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t39130)
    BB (t21576)
    UTG (t68935)
    UTG+1 (t7488)
    MP1 (t47774)
    Hero (MP2) (t60179)
    MP3 (t13312)
    CO (t88030)
    Button (t41333)

Hero's M: 20.90

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, Q
    3 folds, Hero bets t2678, 1 fold, CO calls t2678, 2 folds, BB calls t1478

Flop: (t9714) 7, 9, Q (3 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets t6123, CO calls t6123, 1 fold

Turn: (t21960) 2 (2 players)
    Hero bets t12000, CO calls t12000

River: (t45960) Q (2 players)
    Hero bets t22200, CO raises to t44400, Hero calls t17058 (All-In)

Total pot: t124476
    sigpic

are you after starting a thread just so you can say

"look at me, i have 125k in the sunday mill"

SPOILER
    if not BBV that way----->

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
      are you after starting a thread just so you can say

"look at me, i have 125k in the sunday mill"
      he lost, hes out
      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
        he lost, hes out
        i edited accordingly

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

May just be me but your flop and turn bets seem very big?? I wouldn't be folding at any stage and would have to call it off on river

Comment

Assuming we've no stats:

Smaller on flop

Smaller on turn

Prob check shove river to let him bet his missed draws
            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
              Assuming we've no stats:

Smaller on flop

Smaller on turn

+1 on all above

he also shoves weaker queen if he has on river too. check all the way
              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

224 hands
                Stats for him on CO
                VP$IP 33% (24)
                Call Open 31% (13)

Flop V's PFR

Fold to CB 64% (11)
                Turn
                Fold to CB 0% (1)
                River
                Fold to CB 0% (1)
                sigpic

Comment

Assuming we've no stats:

Smaller on flop

Smaller on turn

Pretty much this. I'd OPR him for what's best on the river though. If he's a winning player he should fold his draws on the turn so b/c is better imo.

Comment

I might bet a bit bigger on turn to shove the river myself. Played it completely standard. If he had you beat, well sick cooler, don't worry about it. Hands where you lose with trips and the second best kicker versus a boat or trips TK are fairly boring and there is generally nothing to discuss in them.
                    Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
                      I might bet a bit bigger on turn to shove the river myself. Played it completely standard. If he had you beat, well sick cooler, don't worry about it. Hands where you lose with trips and the second best kicker versus a boat or trips TK are fairly boring and there is generally nothing to discuss in them.
                      Was just fairly peed last night after getting a good stack. I was going to fold pre but decided on that hand maybe it was time to loosen slightly and gather a few chips.
                      I was wondering if it was a monumental FU or I hand I just couldn't get away from.......
                      sigpic

Comment

so what he have?
                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                          so what he have?
                          AQ obviously

Comment

I was thinking it was gonna be something sick like 77 or Q9
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                              AQ obviously
                              think he had 99,was railin at the time

Comment

c/shove >>> b/call.

Your line thus far is fairly strong and reps TP+, so when you bet again on the river he cant pay you off with very much and cant bluff-rep Qx either since you've fairly pot-committed yourself.

Whereas a good LAG will turn even his medium strength hands into a bluff here a huge % of the time when you check back since its pretty tough for you to call with anything given he reps AQ/KQ/QJs/QTs/set pretty well, so you now extract value from most if not all of his range (max value if he bluff-shoves most of the time, which is not unlikely given your PSB-sized stack behind).
                                "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Assuming we've no stats:

Smaller on flop

Smaller on turn

His flop bet sizing is fine IMO. The flop is very wet and it's multiway. He needs to charge those draws.

OP, 15k on turn and shove river. Easy game.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                                    c/shove >>> b/call.

Your line thus far is fairly strong and reps TP+, so when you bet again on the river he cant pay you off with very much and cant bluff-rep Qx either since you've fairly pot-committed yourself.

Whereas a good LAG will turn even his medium strength hands into a bluff here a huge % of the time when you check back since its pretty tough for you to call with anything given he reps AQ/KQ/QJs/QTs/set pretty well, so you now extract value from most if not all of his range (max value if he bluff-shoves most of the time, which is not unlikely given your PSB-sized stack behind).
                                    Like this play but it is the Million and a 62k field at that and it was actually hard to find good LAG's on your table last night. If he had a good OPR I love this play if not I'd have bet about 4500 on flop, 9500 on turn and obviously valuetowned myself on the river. UL

Comment

Thanks all for feedback. My betting line was strong as Andy suggested to block draws as I didn't have a monster hand.
                                      At the time I seemed to rush the river bet without thinking through. Given I had shown strong with bet sizes on the flop and turn there wasn't much I was beating. QJs maybe QTs. I was thinking at the time if he had AQ or set on the turn he was most likely going to re-raise me with the draws out there.
                                      My bet on the river was probably the only thing I would change after mulling over it, check, shove. Would have ended all the same though...... Roll on the 20th annviersary
                                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                      X