Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragging one of the brothers in laws along to Bill Burr, doubt it's his kind of thing but meh.
    Had a check up in the hospital this morning. They took me off one of the drugs, as my heart rate is now down to 50 BPM. Otherwise seemed happy with the ECG and bloods.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...See Kate Spade died today...Always so sad when you hear of a suicide, shows that even having millions doesn't mean everything...Would normally make some pun about name, but not when it's like this...

Comment

Having millions means nothing when it comes to your happiness or your mental health.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Draw for World Cup sweepstake here - http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...98&postcount=1

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
            Draw for World Cup sweepstake here - http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...98&postcount=1
            FML

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
              FML
              Tell me about it

Comment

Redraw

Comment

Funking for first red card

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    Interesting that she is challenging the lack of checking residency. Even if something comes out of it that that issue is resolved would be good.

When will we know if this will delay abortions?

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                      Interesting that she is challenging the lack of checking residency. Even if something comes out of it that that issue is resolved would be good.

I suppose you could say they are technically delaying it already - the government can't go to the Aras to get the referendum result signed until all the cases are cleared. Hence no legislation can be brought.

Here are details on the other cases (3 in total) that were lodged before the deadline.
                      Three separate applications have been initiated seeking permission to bring petitions challenging the result of the referendum to repeal the Eighth Amendment.

Whilst the Joanne Jordan one strikes me as fairly lolworthy the other two look somewhat more grounded in legalese anyway - but I've no idea how quickly they can be addressed or whether they have any actual merit.
                      Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 05-06-18, 19:19.

Comment

Unless we close the borders it definitely wont.

Comment

Unless we close the borders it definitely wont.
                          I should have stated that clearer will this delay legal abortion in Ireland for no reason as we already have abortions for the risk of the mothers life.
                          Last edited by jack90210; 05-06-18, 19:32.

Comment

I should have stated that clearer will this delay legal abortion in Ireland for no reason as we already have abortions for the risk of the mothers life.
                            So if it's delayed long enough, wimmin who were going to have an abortion will find it's too late then have the kid , grow to love it , then switch sides and campaign against abortions.
                            This will annoy the yes campaign much like an exsmoker complaining about fags there will be inner fighting and kids will get hurt. The YRA will splinter into the YNLA and the real YRA and before we know it the pubs will be closed on Good Friday again.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Thanks! Whats the benefit of the docking station vs just plugging the laptop into the screen with HDMI by the way?
                              One cable can do the monitors,speakers,ethernet cable and extra USN ports.
                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                I suppose you could say they are technically delaying it already - the government can't go to the Aras to get the referendum result signed until all the cases are cleared. Hence no legislation can be brought.

Here are details on the other cases (3 in total) that were lodged before the deadline.
                                Three separate applications have been initiated seeking permission to bring petitions challenging the result of the referendum to repeal the Eighth Amendment.

Whilst the Joanne Jordan one strikes me as fairly lolworthy the other two look somewhat more grounded in legalese anyway - but I've no idea how quickly they can be addressed or whether they have any actual merit.
                                Children’s Referendum was 3 years.

Marriage equality was a couple of months.

The State got their act together after the last time Ms Jordan tried this one and similar to the marriage equality referendum there are real life consequences for delay so I’d imagine a pretty quick hearing before the President of the High Court and then leap frog appeal to the Supreme Court who will clear the decks for this and hear it quickly.

If it goes into the Court of Appeal it could take 2-3 years to be heard
                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                  Dragging one of the brothers in laws along to Bill Burr, doubt it's his kind of thing but meh.
                                  Had a check up in the hospital this morning. They took me off one of the drugs, as my heart rate is now down to 50 BPM. Otherwise seemed happy with the ECG and bloods.
                                  I was lying in bed a couple of weeks back and noticed my fitbit was registering about 45-47BPM, that kind of freaked me, thought it was an error on my fitbit so I checked my pulse manually and it was REALLY that slow.

Have my heart app on the 30th of June, so will see what they are going to do with my artery. I def have a problem anyway as they called me.

Comment

Some pretty eye opening observations

http://www.thejournal.ie/eighth-amen...42527-Jun2018/

Comment

Some pretty eye opening observations

http://www.thejournal.ie/eighth-amen...42527-Jun2018/
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Nostalgia

Comment

Alastair Down recalls the horse's incredible 2007 Hennessy Gold Cup win in a general appraisal of the staying chaser's wider achievements. Video produced by ...

Channel 4 Racing presenter Nick Luck reminisces about Denman's superb 2008 Gold Cup victory, describing himself as a "fully paid-up member" of Paul Nicholls'...

Comment

Thanks! Whats the benefit of the docking station vs just plugging the laptop into the screen with HDMI by the way?
                                            Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                            One cable can do the monitors,speakers,ethernet cable and extra USN ports.
                                            Pretty much what Mocata says. I have this setup at work. Laptop connected to USB dock and 2x 24" monitors on a movable mount. I'm due a laptop upgrade after summer so the USB dock will be replaced with a USB-C/thunderbolt one and maybe better monitors if the budget allows.

SPOILER

Comment

Noma opening up today for reservations, guts of a grand for dinner for two with wine pairings though.

Comment

Did you make that gig last night? Seems to have gotten good reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                  Noma opening up today for reservations, guts of a grand for dinner for two with wine pairings though.
                                                  The tutors from Killybegs went there a few years back. After their 35 courses they walked over to Burger King and got fed!

Comment

They have to be taking the piss a little 955DKK for juice pairing?

In other restaurant related news, the Ivy are hiring like gangbusters and are holding interviews in an adjoining area to my office.
                                                    Interesting stuff listening to the interview process for a high end restaurant
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Going to be in Copenhagen next month but am not at all tempted at those prices.
                                                      Whats a good alternative there for a man of limited means such as myself?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        Going to be in Copenhagen next month but am not at all tempted at those prices.
                                                        Whats a good alternative there for a man of limited means such as myself?
                                                        My wife and I went here last September: http://www.kiin.dk/

Supposedly the only Thai restaurant with a Michelin star outside of Thailand? In any case, the food and experience was wonderful, if somewhat expensive, but having eaten in a good few places in Copenhagen over the years everything there is expensive! Plus this restaurant is literally around the corner from Brus, one of the best craft beer bars in a city full of craft beer

Comment

David Drumm found guilty. The wheels of justice are just too slow in this country but at least they managed to get their shit together on what appeared a very clear case of fraud to me. So many more have gotten away though...
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                            David Drumm found guilty. The wheels of justice are just too slow in this country but at least they managed to get their shit together on what appeared a very clear case of fraud to me. So many more have gotten away though...
                                                            Great!

Hopefully he gets more than 6 months in an open prison but I wouldn't hold my breath....
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Genuinely shocked by that result, I suppose that not giving evidence was as close to a guilty plea as you were ever going to get from him.

Drumm allegedly was a horrible bully and was prone to making outrageous and bizarre threats to external regulators and anyone who tried to question or examine the emperor's new clothes.

Comment

Anyone following/notice Subsets campaign to change licencing around large scale artworks in Dublin city. It's called Grey area project.
                                                                Petition below is next step for them to try and keep the city colourful, get her signed.

airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Great!

Hopefully he gets more than 6 months in an open prison but I wouldn't hold my breath....
                                                                  Genuinely shocked by that result, I suppose that not giving evidence was as close to a guilty plea as you were ever going to get from him.

Drumm allegedly was a horrible bully and was prone to making outrageous and bizarre threats to external regulators and anyone who tried to question or examine the emperor's new clothes.
                                                                  Just wait for the civil claims now. I wonder who is the directors insurance provider? Although fraud probably lets the insurer off the hook...that will be interesting if investors can find a deep pocket to go after.

How can you be shocked Strewelpeter? The defence was pretty weak I thought. No real alleging of regulator support for the action, no rebuttal to the tapes, hard for a jury of lay people to buy the line he was doing his job when the tapes showed nothing but contempt for everyone.

Still no sign of outright fraud at Custom House Capital being punished or other various notorious white collar crimes. We really need to resource the investigation and prosecution in this area and start doing some hard work.
                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

TBH I didn't follow the case closely, it was only given our record at prosecuting the likes of Drumm that I expected him to walk.

Comment

TBH I didn't follow the case closely, it was only given our record at prosecuting the likes of Drumm that I expected him to walk.
                                                                      You and the legal profession = Lazare and the Catholic Church.

In fairness we all have our foam at the mouth topics...

Comment

Sad middle aged man alert!

Finally got my smart home temperature monitoring and zoning and alarm system installed and accessible via Alexa. Husqvarna are promising integration of the automower with Alexa in September. A few Phillips hue lights and some digital locks on the garage and doors and a bit more integration on the media side of things and I’ll really have my smart home stuff coming together. Need to get a robot vacuum cleaner though...

The geolocation reminder on forgetting to set the alarm and heating up the house on the way home in the winter is cool!

Comment

You and the legal profession = Lazare and the Catholic Church.
                                                                          A young lad of great importance to me is meeting with one of our bewigged friends today and more or less having to entrust his entire future to this one mans competence and sincerity in dealing with a complex problem.
                                                                          Its an awful lot to ask when one wrong word from his man could and the lad could lose everything.

Comment

Sad middle aged man alert!

Finally got my smart home temperature monitoring and zoning and alarm system installed and accessible via Alexa. Husqvarna are promising integration of the automower with Alexa in September. A few Phillips hue lights and some digital locks on the garage and doors and a bit more integration on the media side of things and I’ll really have my smart home stuff coming together. Need to get a robot vacuum cleaner though...

The geolocation reminder on forgetting to set the alarm and heating up the house on the way home in the winter is cool!
                                                                            who did you go with?
                                                                            Hive/Climote etc?

What looking at doing something similar
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

A young lad of great importance to me is meeting with one of our bewigged friends today and more or less having to entrust his entire future to this one mans competence and sincerity in dealing with a complex problem.
                                                                              Its an awful lot to ask when one wrong word from his man could and the lad could lose everything.
                                                                              That sounds comparable to any number of professions

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                who did you go with?
                                                                                Hive/Climote etc?

What looking at doing something similar
                                                                                A crowd called Smart zone who are the Irish franchisee for Alarm.com. The benefit of using them is that Alarm.com are a huge player in this space and integrate a lot of stuff including alarms, heating, video, lights, solar and other future innovations. They also integrate with Amazon and google etc and are spending plenty on improving their proposition continually. Apps, voice control, Amazon skills etc. .

The concern I had with Hive etc is that you may end up stranded with stuff that doesn’t work with other bits and pieces. A big global economic player in this space is a better long term bet in my view but maybe you have the energy and commitment to integrate it all yourself. I’ve taken the easier approach to these things as I get older.

It didn’t cost much so far due to an Aviva insurance discount and the government grant. But as I add more bits from here that will be coming out of my pocket. There will definitely be some energy bill savings too.

Comment

...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                      They have to be taking the piss a little 955DKK for juice pairing?

In other restaurant related news, the Ivy are hiring like gangbusters and are holding interviews in an adjoining area to my office.
                                                                                      Interesting stuff listening to the interview process for a high end restaurant
                                                                                      Don't know anything about the juice, but knowing them it's likely freshly foraged/fermented/infusioned/some other labour intensive process. Whether it's worth it...
                                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 06-06-18, 17:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                        Did you make that gig last night? Seems to have gotten good reviews.
                                                                                        Yeah was class alright. Plenty of people I knew couldn't give away tickets so you got out early.

Last time I saw them they did the "we've more time than expected, you're getting more tunes" with a "New York I love you" encore. Guessing that's pretty regular then?

Comment

Looking for names for swapsies in my Panini World Cup sticker album!

Comment

Was due back from Barcelona today, bit of freak weather means I'm now stuck til Friday. Generally worse places to be stranded but weather due to be crap again tomorrow and airline has put us in a hotel in a shithole tourist resort (Capella)

Comment

Just wait for the civil claims now. I wonder who is the directors insurance provider? Although fraud probably lets the insurer off the hook...that will be interesting if investors can find a deep pocket to go after.

How can you be shocked Strewelpeter? The defence was pretty weak I thought. No real alleging of regulator support for the action, no rebuttal to the tapes, hard for a jury of lay people to buy the line he was doing his job when the tapes showed nothing but contempt for everyone.

Still no sign of outright fraud at Custom House Capital being punished or other various notorious white collar crimes. We really need to resource the investigation and prosecution in this area and start doing some hard work.
                                                                                              Surely the external auditors will have a case to answer after signing off on those shenanigans?
                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                Was due back from Barcelona today, bit of freak weather means I'm now stuck til Friday. Generally worse places to be stranded but weather due to be crap again tomorrow and airline has put us in a hotel in a shithole tourist resort (Capella)
                                                                                                Well tell Met Espana to sort it out before next week please
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Going to Puy du Fou next week. Allegedly the best theme park in France and second most visited after Disneyland. Can't fully make out what it is or if it could possibly be fun from bits I have worked out. Will report back!
                                                                                                  I haven't heard a single bad review about this place. We almost took tix today as they're giving free tix away for their anniversary. The night events are meant to be brilliant as well, but not really for kids after a long day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                    Looking for names for swapsies in my Panini World Cup sticker album!
                                                                                                    Real or virtual album? It's gone digital dude

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                        Real or virtual album? It's gone digital dude
                                                                                                        Ah here Ted, I want out.

Anywhere got odds on Tiger to miss the cut in the Open. Lumpage imo

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                          Surely the external auditors will have a case to answer after signing off on those shenanigans?
                                                                                                          Well if this was the US or UK you’d have people bankrolling claimants for a share of the award. I’m not sure it’s as simple and risk free here but it’s a big prize so I’d imagine a number of civil cases are pending.

Comment

Out of 3 cars we planned to see in NI on Mon, two were sold before we got there and the other showed up as finance outstanding. Rang your man about it and he gave me the whole ah that's nothing to worry about, it's all sorted just not fully processed on the system. You can request to contact the bank on motorcheck, did that and got a text back confirming it still had money owing on it. Avoided going near it obv.

Got a call today from the garage that sold one of the others telling me he just got one in. Car is perfect, mint condition low mileage.

Again motorcheck says finance outstanding confirmed by the bank.

Texted him and he gave me the same spiel as the other guy. Saying nothing to worry about as he's licensed with FCA. Told him I couldn't do a deal without seeing a clean check.

What's up with that? Two of them we checked. Is it a scam or is there some reason they're able to sell them with finance?
                                                                                                            Both portakabin type places btw.

Comment

Really?! I'd say there's only a tiny amount of professions with that scale of responsibility.
                                                                                                              I guess the point I was making is you wouldn't expect to have the same level of mistrust in professions equatable.
                                                                                                              I mean you wouldn't say the same thing about a surgeon or pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                Out of 3 cars we planned to see in NI on Mon, two were sold before we got there and the other showed up as finance outstanding. Rang your man about it and he gave me the whole ah that's nothing to worry about, it's all sorted just not fully processed on the system. You can request to contact the bank on motorcheck, did that and got a text back confirming it still had money owing on it. Avoided going near it obv.

Got a call today from the garage that sold one of the others telling me he just got one in. Car is perfect, mint condition low mileage.

Again motorcheck says finance outstanding confirmed by the bank.

Texted him and he gave me the same spiel as the other guy. Saying nothing to worry about as he's licensed with FCA. Told him I couldn't do a deal without seeing a clean check.

What's up with that? Two of them we checked. Is it a scam or is there some reason they're able to sell them with finance?
                                                                                                                Both portakabin type places btw.
                                                                                                                Pm me names of any traders ye like and I will find out if they are kosher. Plenty of mates into cars and enough non-dodgy ones up round Newry not to need to take any chances. Kehoe cars would be a well known Nissan dealer who do Uk to ROI imports.

After a lot of research I went with the honeywell evohome heating system. A valve and thermostat on each Rad to call for heat, unreal having room by room control, also decent Google home integration, I use IFTTT for the geo-fencing. Just had the niece over and she started an Irish dance party on Spotify and set the lights blinking green, all from Google home. It's a league above Alexa compared to some of my mates setups.
                                                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                  Ah here Ted, I want out.

Anywhere got odds on Tiger to miss the cut in the Open. Lumpage imo
                                                                                                                  Lot of driver holes on that course. Will be watching from behind the sofa.

Comment

Yeah was class alright. Plenty of people I knew couldn't give away tickets so you got out early.

Last time I saw them they did the "we've more time than expected, you're getting more tunes" with a "New York I love you" encore. Guessing that's pretty regular then?
                                                                                                                    Well they didn't put on extra time in the Olympia last year. They came on early last night and played for two hours and a quarter in the end so there was a genuine amount of extra effort!

Thought it was fantastic overall, his vocal was as bad as I've ever seen it but it didn't matter somehow.
                                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

My parents were on the opposite end of this, can't get a flight until Sat night now and not sure they will go.

Tough year for them both, losing a sibling so hoping it works out for them.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                                        Pm me names of any traders ye like and I will find out if they are kosher. Plenty of mates into cars and enough non-dodgy ones up round Newry not to need to take any chances. Kehoe cars would be a well known Nissan dealer who do Uk to ROI imports.
                                                                                                                        Cheers man, pm sent.

Comment

Due to fly from Malta to Bologna on Friday for a wedding. Fucking flight cancelled, no reason. Mad panic and with the help of Iago, new ones booked.

I need a fucking drink!
                                                                                                                          Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 06-06-18, 20:52.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X