Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good day for screeners

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      What's the terms of our trump bet again Raoul?
      Dinner in Shanahans!

If he makes it through the full term, I pay.

PP think you're looking good. 1/2 jolly.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

It's highly likely that the semi final will be Racing vs Leinster, will racing keep the game in paris, i cant remember where they hosted games before?

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
          It's highly likely that the semi final will be Racing vs Leinster, will racing keep the game in paris, i cant remember where they hosted games before?
          they played in Bordeaux, no idea where they would go this year, although beating toulouse will not be so easy

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
            they played in Bordeaux, no idea where they would go this year, although beating toulouse will not be so easy
            I've got that weekend off and she is willing to travel so would be nice if we randomly went somewhere and the game happened to be on

Comment

good day for screeners
              Is Widows out?

It and Stan and Ollie are just about the only things I'm looking forward to seeing from this years crop.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Is Widows out?

It and Stan and Ollie are just about the only things I'm looking forward to seeing from this years crop.
                yes it is. stan and ollie isn't though. More for the kids but grinch is out and so are mortal engines

Comment

Is Widows out?

I saw the Favourite last week and thought it was very good FWIW. The three main actresses are top class in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                    I saw the Favourite last week and thought it was very good FWIW. The three main actresses are top class in it.
                    My wife took her 80 year old very religious mother to see it when back in america, neither had any real idea about it, by all accounts things were awkward during the scissoring scenes

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                      In a different world, where it was obvious to everyone else on public transport, in the car beside you, etc... what content you were consuming (say in the near future, whatever you were listening to on Spotify was displayed on a hologram above your head), how much would that impact your listening/viewing/reading choices? Your choice of entertainment goes from being a private matter to something public and thus something you could use to provide a signal about your values and so on.

Just a weird thought I had myself on the Luas to work earlier; I sometimes feel like listening to 'comfort food for the ears' in terms of very easy listening music on my commute in, instead of the podcasts or music I usually listen to. But it struck me that I wouldn't have liked everyone on the tram to know that I had 'Desperado' by the Eagles on the go! In a world where my choice would have been public I definitely would have foregone the easy listening stuff for a more Music King worthy selection

#wednesdaymorningthoughts
                      I'm preparing for this guys gig tonight and I'm not sure I want people seeing the lyrics over my head

https://www.marcrebillet.com/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marcrebillet/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marcrebillet/Twitter: https://twitter.com/m...

He's doing a gig every day in different countries for a month and makes a video before each gig, yesterdays shows it's hitting him a bit hard

https://www.marcrebillet.com/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marcrebillet/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marcrebillet/Twitter: https://twitter.com/m...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Dinner in Shanahans!

If he makes it through the full term, I pay.

PP think you're looking good. 1/2 jolly.
                        Ah, I was hoping it was impeachment. Ok cool.

Comment

yes it is. stan and ollie isn't though. More for the kids but grinch is out and so are mortal engines
                          Anything without Korean subs on it?

Comment

Yeah I thought it was brilliant.

Comment

Ah, I was hoping it was impeachment. Ok cool.
                              The 'will Trump resign?' market went from 3s to 6s last week, after Mueller intervened.

It's really the 'do you think Mueller has a smoking gun big enough to take him down?' market so I might have a dabble and watch the swongs.

He'd want to be wrapping up sharpish though.

Comment

i thought they messed it up tbh. first half is great, second half is woeful

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                Anything without Korean subs on it?
                                only mortal engines has korean subs. all the others are clean

Comment

The fog on the Tyne is all mine.
                                  Won tickets on the radio . St Patrick's Cathedral tonight Should be an interesting evening . Bit before my time but isn't all the best music.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                    The fog on the Tyne is all mine.
                                    Won tickets on the radio . St Patrick's Cathedral tonight Should be an interesting evening . Bit before my time but isn't all the best music.
                                    Bring Gazza with you
                                    It’s his favorite tune in the toon

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                      Bring Gazza with you
                                      It’s his favorite tune in the toon
                                      He won't go. No booze at the venue . Strange venue but I bet the acoustics be amazing

Comment

He won't go. No booze at the venue . Strange venue but I bet the acoustics be amazing
                                        Saw both The levellers and Billy Bragg there over the last few years. Nothing appealed to me this year. "Irish up" a take away coffee to keep the cold away.

Seating is unreserved, so get in early and you may snag a pew.

SPOILER
                                        Last edited by oleras; 23-01-19, 17:15.
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                          Saw both The levellers and Billy Bragg there over the last few years. Nothing appealed to me this year. "Irish up" a take away coffee to keep the cold away.

Seating is unreserved, so get in early and you may snag a pew.

SPOILER
                                          Cheers Ole 2. Considering the vintage of the crowd I'll probably stand . Don't wanna leave some old granpa like SP hunched against a holy statue.

Comment

Great to see the stance Ulster rugby took on the Zebo issue. Very well played and sets a great precedent for any other numpties

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                Bohemian Rhapsody came up today, currently downloading this copy. No idea of quality.

SPOILER
                                                I think this may be one of the best quality downloads I've ever got. Absolutely perfect

Comment

Not sure if anyone else knew him IRL but sadly infrequent poster "Rasher" passed suddenly on Sunday. He leaves behind a 10 month old and 4 yr old. Shocking stuff. He was a great man, still can't get my head around it.

RIP Barry

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                    Not sure if anyone else knew him IRL but sadly infrequent poster "Rasher" passed suddenly on Sunday. He leaves behind a 10 month old and 4 yr old. Shocking stuff. He was a great man, still can't get my head around it.

RIP Barry
                                                    Only knew him from his infrequent Denmark related posting. That's terribly sad news.

Comment

Disappointing gig.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                        anybody get tickets for The Gloaming at NCH?
                                                        I was given some in December, unlikely there will be any spare will let you know if there are.

The last year I missed getting some I found that face value ticket exchange site very good for them.

Comment

They just don't make movies like this anymore

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Or trailers!

Comment

Oh dear Conor Mcg.oh dearie me .

Comment

Oh dear Conor Mcg.oh dearie me .
                                                                What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                  What is it?
                                                                  Some video I've seen on WhatsApp coupled with some story I heard in the Black Forge in Drimna. Not linking obviously but he appears unhinged to say the least.

Comment

He’s off his rocker. The more I hear the more I’m convinced that he’s a highly unsavoury character. Which is a shame, because I bought into a lot of the hype I suppose.
                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Today I have my by now annual scream of horror as I wonder what is wrong with my life that I am not at Gowran today

Comment

Some video I've seen on WhatsApp coupled with some story I heard in the Black Forge in Drimna. Not linking obviously but he appears unhinged to say the least.
                                                                        Don't make me say it

Comment

Today I have my by now annual scream of horror as I wonder what is wrong with my life that I am not at Gowran today
                                                                          Manky enough day for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                            Manky enough day for it!
                                                                            Perfect IMO

Poxy RTE showing it but not on the player WTF

Maybe I'm doing something wrong

Edit : Its there now
                                                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 24-01-19, 13:59.

Comment

Some poor bastard decapitated on the M50 Finglas slip.

Saw a pic of it and haven't been right since.
                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Wtf happened ? Not a request for the picture

Comment

Just saw a video of it. Things that can’t be unseen.

Male unknown age, driver of other car was diabetic & blood sugars dropped causing him to cross lane & spin/crash both cars into barrier, patient that was decaped had no seatbelt on, truck driver who filmed video has been arrested by Gardaí
                                                                                  Last edited by elbows; 24-01-19, 15:21.
                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I live about 10 miles away and was thinking the same thing. Feck sake work really get in the way
                                                                                    sigpic
                                                                                    Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                      Just saw a video of it. Things that can’t be unseen.

Male unknown age, driver of other car was diabetic & blood sugars dropped causing him to cross lane & spin/crash both cars into barrier, patient that was decaped had no seatbelt on, truck driver who filmed video has been arrested by Gardaí
                                                                                      You do wonder why the hell people video this sort of thing, it’s revolitng. I haven’t seen the video (nor want to) so maybe it was a dashcam which is understandable, but FFS don’t share it. I think even the most normal of people have an unnatural fear of missing a video of something instead of just living through it and moving on.

Comment

Am currently 75 minutes into a business review and we're only on slide 7 of 55.

Somebody shoot me

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                          TV ad breaks appear as blank black screens on Player.
                                                                                          They only got it going just in time for the Galmoy

Had a few quid on Alpha des Obeaux with no more than a saver in the place market , where's #RubyAtTheLast when you need it
                                                                                          Haven't seen Twitter yet but I'm sure young James will want to keep well away from it after dropping his whip at the last, I don't think he was ever going to get past the winner again but he'll probably spend a long time thinking he might have.

Comment

77 all out against The Windies.
                                                                                            Good to see the England Test Team getting back into their old familiar ways after being consistently good for so long.

Comment

Anyone have both Google mini and echo? Finding the latter worse and worse at recognition, very tempted to make a switch (being able to Google stuff would be nice too)
                                                                                              I've found the Google mini better overall. As a speaker it's a different planet. If you switch to US English it has continued conversation which is a very good feature.
                                                                                              Didn't realise the mini didn't have an audio output, bit of a game changer

Comment

Didn't realise the mini didn't have an audio output, bit of a game changer
                                                                                                you can connect it to another speaker using bluetooth

SPOILER
                                                                                                Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is in pairing mode.
                                                                                                Head to the Devices tab inside the Home app on your phone.
                                                                                                Tap Settings in the overflow menu.
                                                                                                Scroll down to Default music speaker and tap Pair Bluetooth Speaker.
                                                                                                Tap the name of the speaker you want to pair your Google Home with.

Comment

Working away in city centre today. Walking back to my van after a delivery and I see this ragamuffin coming my way. Brightened my day up no end.

SPOILER

Comment

Junior Dobby Santos. I read that in a brazilian accent.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                      Working away in city centre today. Walking back to my van after a delivery and I see this ragamuffin coming my way. Brightened my day up no end.

SPOILER
                                                                                                      I remember when he used to brighten up all our days

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                        77 all out against The Windies.
                                                                                                        Good to see the England Test Team getting back into their old familiar ways after being consistently good for so long.
                                                                                                        WI doing their best to match them. 18 wickets in the day.

Comment

you can connect it to another speaker using bluetooth

SPOILER
                                                                                                          Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is in pairing mode.
                                                                                                          Head to the Devices tab inside the Home app on your phone.
                                                                                                          Tap Settings in the overflow menu.
                                                                                                          Scroll down to Default music speaker and tap Pair Bluetooth Speaker.
                                                                                                          Tap the name of the speaker you want to pair your Google Home with.
                                                                                                          Yep, it's just handier and better quality through a cable.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 25-01-19, 01:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                            You do wonder why the hell people video this sort of thing, it’s revolitng. I haven’t seen the video (nor want to) so maybe it was a dashcam which is understandable, but FFS don’t share it. I think even the most normal of people have an unnatural fear of missing a video of something instead of just living through it and moving on.
                                                                                                            I’m sure most of us are in a WhatsApp thread where there’s that person who lives to share such videos
                                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Millennials are snapping up Tesla shares after its layoffs

"Shares have plunged 17% following the announcement, but investors on Robinhood, a free-trading app popular among younger traders, are piling into the stock."

Always good to know who's on the other side of the trade

Comment

Fell asleep reading Zuckerbergs latest pronouncement, waffle
                                                                                                                Regulate the shit out of them and break Facebook, insta and WhatsApp up
                                                                                                                He’s he’s had his chance, break them up now, utterly toxic company who have massively degraded society.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                  I’m sure most of us are in a WhatsApp thread where there’s that person who lives to share such videos
                                                                                                                  WhatsApp groups are awful full stop but yeah theres always at least one.
                                                                                                                  Was treated to a video of a man being mounted by a boar in a WhatsApp group I’m part of recently, like it’s not even a group where porn and gore is ever posted as it’s a group with near 30 of various ages but some lad still thought yep this lad screaming as he gets drilled by a fucking boar will really add to the conversation

Comment

Anyone do the 538 personality test? If you follow this link it'll do an IPB group to compare against the national averages

The Big Five is the way most psychologists test personality. See your score on different traits like extraversion and agreeableness and then find how your personality compares with that of the average American.

Comment

LOL Brexiteers

He's just some uber twat that writes for the daily mail but he doesn't really do well when faced with reality

Comment

Anyone do the 538 personality test? If you follow this link it'll do an IPB group to compare against the national averages

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...knTzber4a2fjRW
                                                                                                                        Huh, I'm an asshole, go figure
                                                                                                                        There's always particular flaws in these models.
                                                                                                                        Those that overly weigh the impact of their words on others would answer questions that people who dont give a fuck differently, what is "full of energy", what is an artistic interest and what classes as few

etc etc etc
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...knTzber4a2fjRW
                                                                                                                          Is that not just another version of the completely meaningless Briggs Meyer bullshit?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X