No announcement yet.

AA in a 2-5-10 NLHE live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno what all this nonsense is about. Really the important point to take home here is that I was right at the start of the thread.

Comment

Funny thread.

Reminds me of creationist arguments, deluded idiocy versus logical intelligence.

Do you believe in god Brady?
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by RedJoker View Post
        Board: Kh 9c 9s
        Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
        Hand 0: 64.280% 64.28% 00.00% 339804 18.00 { 99, AKs, A9s, KJs+, K9s, Q9s, J9s, T9s, 96s+, AKo, A9o, KJo+, K9o, Q9o, J9o, T9o, 96o+ }
        Hand 1: 35.720% 35.72% 00.00% 188820 18.00 { AA }

(35.72% x $472) + (64.28% x -$200)

= $168.6 - $128.56

= +$40
        Isnt the calculation a bit more complex than this though? Should we not also have a seperate ev calculation here with the shortstacked bb included to calculate our ev in the side pot also? Even if we give the bb a range of just Kx it would bring down our equity quite a bit. I would attempt the calc but I'm not sure how tbh.

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

2,052,519 games 0.015 secs 136,834,600 games/sec

Board: Kh 9c 9s
        Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
        Hand 0: 26.901% 26.90% 00.00% 552093 57.67 { AcAs }
        Hand 1: 64.821% 64.15% 00.67% 1316698 13758.17 { 99, AKs, A9s, KJs+, K9s, Q9s, J9s, T9s, 96s+, KJo+, K9o, Q9o, J9o, T9o, 96o+ }
        Hand 2: 08.278% 07.61% 00.67% 156115 13797.17 { AKs, KTs+, AKo, KJo-KTo }
        "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Yeah, that ev calc wasn't meant to be taken seriously or as a reason for playing the hand a certain way. It was just to illustrate the flaws in brady's argument.

Comment

la
            Last edited by Guest; 03-04-21, 07:59.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
              I dunno man if your being smart to be honest but yeah sure i dont care online screen name is meatyfubu on stars only site i play
              I hope you don't rely on your income from stars.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                EDIT: Only saw the first page when I posted that, and missed all the drama!

While there is actually a logical case to be made for better spots if you are severely underrolled for a game and you have big edge. This is similar to how if you have big edge in a freezeout, then making a call which is greater than neutral EV by an infinitesimally small amount is clearly incorrect. This can be extended up to cash games on a limited roll. Concept is that used in calculating bet sizes in sports betting.

So if gorrrr is playing far underrolled here, there is a genuine argument to be made for waiting for a better spot.

This is why you shouldn't be playing underrolled though, cos you'll have to pass up +EV spots sometimes, thus decreasing your overall edge.

I'm actually not disagreeing with RJ, and not agreeing with blaaaah/brady et al, just making a non-consequential nitpicky point.
                Only saw this thread just now, gold.

Again I'll add the caveat, RJ is obv 100% right.

But TG's points reminds of a conversation a while ago. While its not correct to pass up +ev, is it valid for a risk averse ( as in op due to being under rolled ) or tilt prone player to manage/ avoid marginal spots so as to protect his ability to perform to his best and maintain a winning overall game as a result.

Hope that makes sense and apologies for adding more of the mundane to this cracking adventure.

By the way RJ really enjoyed your 3 betting stuff on LP. Maybe as a peace offering you could donate a free month on LP to the offended.
                "Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                  I hope you don't rely on your income from stars.
                  haha thats class i love a loser with no decent comment to make, my experiences have shown me that a person who makes a comment like that doesnt make money i would love to see your stats man if you have any or are u 1 of the guys who says ''well i dont really play online''

Comment

Comment

haha thats class i love a loser with no decent comment to make, my experiences have shown me that a person who makes a comment like that doesnt make money i would love to see your stats man if you have any or are u 1 of the guys who says ''well i dont really play online''
                      Hi Brady,
                      Thanks for the support in my decision in this hand but if this is not a level then you will be absolutly slated.
                      Personally I thought your stars account has some nice cashes so I didn't see the need for the sarcasm directed at you.
                      Lay off lads.

Comment

This post wins the thread.
                        Last edited by Lazare; 27-05-10, 14:57.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

This is the best statement in IPB history so far imo.

Peters stats won't be hard to find, there everywhere.

Comment

ah c'mon now, you were going well for a while, but now you're clearly just a level.

Comment

Look i dont care if pistol peter has millions of dollars in online winnings i dont know who the guy is and i dont care i just think hes a bit of a sad loser posting such a comment just think it was un called for!!!! But its ok its just typical of the pricks who post on this forum so its not surprising

Comment

Sorry pistol peter just found out who u are and have come to the conclusion that eh your still a prick posting that comment but congrats on being such a well known player cos if ya need your hole licked in the future im sure you will find more than a few willing people from this forum to do it

Comment

OK brady23, you can get lost now. It's grand calling all IPB users pricks etc. but it's not OK to single anyone in particular out.

Banned for 2 weeks, I'm sure it doesn't bother you.

Sorry to ruin everyone's fun, but it's getting old now.
                                  Last edited by Ste05; 27-05-10, 18:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                    OK brady23, you can get lost now. It's grand calling all IPB users pricks etc. but it's not OK to single anyone in particular out.

Though it was probably inevitable, its sad really. I'm genuinely gonna miss the colour he brings to threads.
                                    "Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post

Ahh fk it STE , let him back on . Ive only noticed this thread and he hasn't got a chance to get angry at me yet

Comment

Note to self......FFS come into the theory section more often....
                                        "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

beware ste and his big foam finger

Comment

Working...
                                          X