Optimal Seating Short Handed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optimal Seating Short Handed

Hey all, came across an interesting situation I’d like some extra opinions on.
    I regularly play short handed online, 3/4 player cash games and I started to consider where the best position to be seated is regarding having position on the regs or fish.

Let’s take an example,
    Seat 1 - open
    Seat 2 - reg
    Seat 3 - open
    Seat 4 - fish
    Seat 5 - open

Where do you sit and why?

How good or aggressive is the reg? If he will stay out of your way then seat 5 is best, the better and more aggro he is the better seat 3 becomes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
      How good or aggressive is the reg? If he will stay out of your way then seat 5 is best, the better and more aggro he is the better seat 3 becomes.
      Yeah villain is pretty good/agro. Will definitely 3b wide and can overbet turns/rivers postflop etc.
      The situation that got me questioning this is:
      BTN - reg
      SB - hero
      BB - fish

BTN raises, and I found myself folding a lot more than I would have liked, even when we do flat we are OOP the entire hand, and if we 3b the BB folds.
      So felt like 1/3 of the time I'm missing action.

In the opposite situation, if:
      BTN - fish
      SB - hero
      BB - reg

we can then 3b the SB wider to get HU with the fish. Even when the hand goes 3 ways, the reg may not get too out of line when the fish has still to act behind them.
      And when the BTN folds - we can overfold the SB and give up some equity and not worry too much about it.

Comment

Working...
      X