Cheltenham 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheltenham 2018

Starting this a bit early as I have a question.

Sounds like a ridiculous story but bear with me.

In the Leop Inn on Saturday and my old boss was with me and he is a stone mad 65yr old Dutchman. He was randomly talking to a guy in the smoking area who gave him a tip for a horse running on Sunday in Leop. The name of the horse is Debuchet.

The story was that this thing will win on Sunday and after that the odds will be slashed for Cheltenham. Already the horse has gone from 10s to 4s for this week's run. He is 33/1 and 25/1 for the Supreme Novices and the Ballymore Novices respectively.

My Dutchman is insisting that the guy says he is running in the "6th race" of the festival, which is obvs a load of shite!

Anyone care to speculate which race he goes in?! Or when generally will bookies go NRNB?

Thanks

Any word on sayer?

Was a doubt

He is in my multiples and the bookie allowing cash out to full value of bet at moment so...

Comment

Most are NRNB now afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
        Starting this a bit early as I have a question.

Sounds like a ridiculous story but bear with me.

In the Leop Inn on Saturday and my old boss was with me and he is a stone mad 65yr old Dutchman. He was randomly talking to a guy in the smoking area who gave him a tip for a horse running on Sunday in Leop. The name of the horse is Debuchet.

The story was that this thing will win on Sunday and after that the odds will be slashed for Cheltenham. Already the horse has gone from 10s to 4s for this week's run. He is 33/1 and 25/1 for the Supreme Novices and the Ballymore Novices respectively.

My Dutchman is insisting that the guy says he is running in the "6th race" of the festival, which is obvs a load of shite!

Anyone care to speculate which race he goes in?! Or when generally will bookies go NRNB?

Thanks
        I'm a fan of the horse and have been wondering about this. No idea what the thinking is amongst connections but fwiw my impression is that he could be better over further.
        Sundays race would be very much a target in itself and is going to take a deal of winning. I suppose if he was to win Sunday it would be unlikely it wouldn't show up in the Supreme.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

lol suspended on PP
          Monalee for JLTand Invitation Only for the RSA are my other antepost bets

Usually have more by now but it's been an odd season
          Presenting percy, Samcro (wherever it runs), moonbeg notorious (ultima) are my other tentative picks
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Runs vs Samcro today.
            Should be an interesting race anyway.
            Hard to see Samcro beaten tbh
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Samcro is a class animal

Comment

Preview time
                Mullins preview
                SPOILER

Comment

Getting excited now. Haven't done much ante post as other years ...biggest one was Cracking Smart but at least was NRNB. Bets still going for me

Ontheblindeside @20's Ballymore
                  Native River @ 8's Gold Cup
                  Ballyoptic @20's RSA
                  Tiger Roll @8's X Country
                  Felix Desjy @ 16's Bumper

Anyone else any ante post or fancies?
                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                    Getting excited now. Haven't done much ante post as other years ...biggest one was Cracking Smart but at least was NRNB. Bets still going for me

Ontheblindeside @20's Ballymore
                    Native River @ 8's Gold Cup
                    Ballyoptic @20's RSA
                    Tiger Roll @8's X Country
                    Felix Desjy @ 16's Bumper

Anyone else any ante post or fancies?
                    Backed dounikos for both races he is listed for. 12s for RSA and 9 to 2 the four miler. Few accas on the shorties too with samcro in all of them for ballymore. Should be great As usual

Comment

Anyone got a list of online specails for existing and new customer's?

Comment

Sizing John out of GC

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          Sizing John out of GC
                          Native river it is so

Comment

Not sure if GAB wants his tweets linked here but he gave a strong opinion on Redicean in the first on Friday. Says he's the best juvenile he's seen since Our Conor (strong words) and he makes him his 5 star nap. I've already had a few quid on him at 5's

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                              Not sure if GAB wants his tweets linked here but he gave a strong opinion on Redicean in the first on Friday. Says he's the best juvenile he's seen since Our Conor (strong words) and he makes him his 5 star nap. I've already had a few quid on him at 5's
                              Worth noting that skybet already have money back as a free bet up to 20 quid, in the first race every day

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                Worth noting that skybet already have money back as a free bet up to 20 quid, in the first race every day
                                TY TY

Comment

Did you get 5s off a mate or something?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                    Did you get 5s off a mate or something?
                                    Boyles had him at 5's when I backed it on Sunday. Was in to 9/2 or 4/1 by Monday morning. Betfair, bet365 and betbright all had him at 5's last Sunday too

And if you wanna take the piss you should know I only do even money bets with mates
                                    Last edited by dobby; 09-03-18, 08:25.

Comment

Boyles had him at 5's when I backed it on Sunday. Was in to 9/2 or 4/1 by Monday morning. Betfair, bet365 and betbright all had him at 5's last Sunday too

And if you wanna take the piss you should know I only do even money bets with mates
                                      NOt taking the piss. It sounded like you just backed it last night and I wanted a piece of 5/1!

Good luck with it.

Comment

Wetherby's
                                        Last edited by DeadParrot; 09-03-18, 15:05.

Comment

Find Sky Bet a decent bookie. They reeled me in with the Masters offer a couple of years ago. Still here.

Comment

What is that link... no file only random malware installers
                                            Last edited by DeadParrot; 09-03-18, 12:08.

Comment

it's the 200 odd page wetherbys guide
                                              are you looking at the right thing?
                                              maybe your malware sw blocks filesharing sites?

edit sorry...edited you post instead of quoting

Comment

Na, its a malware installer!

Comment

Ah yeah,I know what its supposed to be, I got it since from another source but that zippy files link is not downloading the Wetherby's file its hotlinking to one of those video installer malware yokes.

Comment

Ok i've updated link in OP.
                                                    No idea what that is as when I click it, I dont get an installer

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      Ah yeah,I know what its supposed to be, I got it since from another source but that zippy files link is not downloading the Wetherby's file its hotlinking to one of those video installer malware yokes.
                                                      *sorted!

Cheers DP
                                                      Last edited by Guest; 09-03-18, 17:32. Reason: *

Comment

Ok i've updated link in OP.
                                                        No idea what that is as when I click it, I dont get an installer
                                                        pretty sure it's always the same with zippyshare. Your first click opens a new tab and installer. close it delete it, re click the download link and it takes you to the document.

Comment

This is the one weekend a year I wish away. Have mainly covered singles and upwards on faugheen 6s, presenting percy 3s, rhinestone 8s, UDS 5/2 and Our Duke 14s with a few other random pokes here and there. PP/UDS double and/or Our Duke single and I'm happy. Can't wait.

Comment

On the blind side gone another ante post bites the dust.

Comment

Isn't it about the time of year for somebody to post up how "Horse X" will win "Race Y".
                                                              Only for GAB to reply that they are talking bollox and don't have a clue. First poster then pisses off in a huff.
                                                              Good times

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                Show me the last time I did this?
                                                                Last year cheltenham thread
                                                                May have been a bit dramatic in the description above. Exact phrase was watching too much sci-fi. Quality in-depth breakdown here.

Hope it didn't come across like I was having a pop btw. I'm always thrilled to get your insights to cheltenham and racing generally. And I know I'm not the only one who appreciates the free info you put out here.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                Nice to see you getting into your preCheltenham online dustup GAB. Part of the tradition here at this stage. Hopefully followed soon by your traditional ante-post good thing?

Comment

Wasn't suggesting it was ever without substance or lacking analysis. Apologies if I gave that impression.
                                                                  As I said your pre-cheltenham analysis has been a highlight of previous years.

Comment

What you linked to was plenty of analysis from me. Not me dismissing anybody without substance and not me saying to anybody that they are talking bollox and don't have a clue. The sci-fi comment is in the context of a very large post alongside.
                                                                    Stop being cantankerous and give them a winner FFS.

Comment

Comment

Douvan and Ruby go Champion Chase.

It's Cheltenham eve, fucking love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                          Douvan and Ruby go Champion Chase.

It's Cheltenham eve, fucking love it!
                                                                          Some of the comments about this are hilarious.
                                                                          People are extremely dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                            Some of the comments about this are hilarious.
                                                                            People are extremely dumb.
                                                                            Twitter is made for this.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Im obviously looking at this crooked but how is Summerville Boy 10s in the opener?

Comment

#40
                                                                                the fake injury was a good lol

Comment

#41

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Of which horse?
                                                                                    @MORTENEYE had a fake racing post profile and said ruby re-injured himself this morning.
                                                                                    Cue mass rts and panic and eventual account suspension

Comment

#43
                                                                                      My reading of this Altior situation is that there’s no reason he should be fine come Wednesday. Reasonable view to have?

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Whoops, I meant “shouldn’t” in my initial post! I think it was Brendan powell I read on twitter saying it should be grand...

Thanks for your thoughts and backing up that view though!

Comment

#45
                                                                                          My Tent out of Champion Hurdle. Thought it might snag a place.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Getabird sounds like a Dublin based dating App or escort agency.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              footpad getabird and apples jade will be a combo on a lot of tickets today

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Footpad slickest novice I have seen in a long time, hopefully somebody will stick their neck out again at 11/10
                                                                                                La Bague au Roi ew at 7s
                                                                                                Mister Whitaker at 15/2 in the last, course winner on soft who could have gone up a lot more than 8lb for the last day
                                                                                                Also backing Cogry and Mossback for a small interest.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  €90 on Getabird, Footpad, Buveur and Apples Jade.

Forget PartyPoker, THIS is my Irish Open satellite.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Footpad and Apples jade 5/2 with PP online Max 20

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      it'll be a good day and start to the week if buveur d'air and apple's jade get there!!

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        bit late but offers...

Bookie Offers.

Bookmaker: Betway
                                                                                                        Offer: If your horse loses in the first or last race at Cheltenham each day, we’ll refund you with a Free Bet up to £/€10.
                                                                                                        Offer Link: https://promo.betway.com/en/promotio...promoid=134430

Bookmaker: Paddy Power
                                                                                                        Offer: Place a bet of up to €10 on any of the races on the first day at Cheltenham, and get your stake back as a free bet if the SP favourite wins the race.
                                                                                                        Offer Link: https://promos.paddypower.com/promot...e=MBSCHELTDAY1

Bookmaker: SkyBet
                                                                                                        Offer: Money Back As A Free Bet If You Lose - up to £20 - 1st Race every day of the festival
                                                                                                        Offer Link: https://m.skybet.com/promotions

Race Specific Offers

Bookmaker: Coral
                                                                                                        Offer: Get Money Back as a Free Bet up to £/€25 if your horse fails to win in the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle.
                                                                                                        Offer Link: http://www.coral.co.uk/sports/offers

Bookmaker: Ladbrokes
                                                                                                        Offer: Double your Winnings as a Free Bet up to £50 if your horse wins the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle.
                                                                                                        Offer Link: https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/p...ovices-hurdle/

Bookmaker: William Hill
                                                                                                        Offer: Place a bet on the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle at Cheltenham, and if your horse wins or places in the race (finishes in the first 3), we’ll double your winnings in cash up to £100.
                                                                                                        Offer Link: https://promotions.williamhill.com/o...ngs-cheltenham

Bookmaker: GentingBet
                                                                                                        Offer: Get a £20 Free Bet on your first settled losing bet of £/€20 (£20 E/W) or more on Day 1 of the Cheltenham Festival (Tuesday, 13th March).
                                                                                                        Offer Link: https://msports.gentingcasino.com/pr...977.1520549841

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          bit late but offers...

Bookie Offers.

Offer: If your horse loses in the first or last race at Cheltenham each day, we’ll refund you with a Free Bet up to £/€10.

Offer: Place a bet of up to €10 on any of the races on the first day at Cheltenham, and get your stake back as a free bet if the SP favourite wins the race.

Offer: Money Back As A Free Bet If You Lose - up to £20 - 1st Race every day of the festival

Race Specific Offers

Offer: Get Money Back as a Free Bet up to £/€25 if your horse fails to win in the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle.

Offer: Double your Winnings as a Free Bet up to £50 if your horse wins the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle.

Offer: Place a bet on the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle at Cheltenham, and if your horse wins or places in the race (finishes in the first 3), we’ll double your winnings in cash up to £100.

Offer: Get a £20 Free Bet on your first settled losing bet of £/€20 (£20 E/W) or more on Day 1 of the Cheltenham Festival (Tuesday, 13th March).
                                                                                                          will hill has a better one. put £20 on the first race and get £10 free bet on each of the other races

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            bit late but offers...

Bookie Offers.

Race Specific Offers

B365- bet €50 on any race and get a free €50 in the championship race that day
                                                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              for those looking for something later
                                                                                                              Ruby's record in the Bumper over the last few years has been very good, especially when considering Patrick gets the plum Mullins rides for the race:

2010 - Al Ferof - 2nd at 8/1
                                                                                                              2012 - Pique Sous - 3rd at 12/1
                                                                                                              2013 - Briar Hill - 1st at 25/1
                                                                                                              2014 - Shaneshill - 2nd at 7/2
                                                                                                              2016 - Bacardys - 3rd at 16/1
                                                                                                              2017 - Next Destination - 4th at 10/1

LiveLoveLaugh @ 10/1 ??

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                for those looking for something later
                                                                                                                Ruby's record in the Bumper over the last few years has been very good, especially when considering Patrick gets the plum Mullins rides for the race:

2010 - Al Ferof - 2nd at 8/1
                                                                                                                2012 - Pique Sous - 3rd at 12/1
                                                                                                                2013 - Briar Hill - 1st at 25/1
                                                                                                                2014 - Shaneshill - 2nd at 7/2
                                                                                                                2016 - Bacardys - 3rd at 16/1
                                                                                                                2017 - Next Destination - 4th at 10/1

LiveLoveLaugh @ 10/1 ??
                                                                                                                Good angle, but it’s not a bumper.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                                  Good angle, but it’s not a bumper.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    that was way too close for comfort!!!

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      forgot to put any actual money on de plotting shed...watch it win now

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Crazy that Samcro and Elegant Escape battled out a point to point and both likely/potential winners today.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X