This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What TV Show?

A recurring theme in the BBV seems to be "I've just finished show X, what should I watch now?".

Having put together a list of the shows people have recommended, I'm going to put up a synopsis of as many of them as possible here for people to look through when they're stuck for something to watch.

Bear in mind that I haven't seen a lot of these myself, so my "Watch this if you like" suggestions are based mostly off IMDB/TV.com suggestions so will probably be way off in places.

The "Status" heading is just to give people the heads up in case a show got cancelled half way through a season or anything like that, because there's nothing more annoying than watching a bunch of episodes of something before realising it got canned without tying everything up.

I'm happy enough to work away on this myself for a while, but if anyone wants to help out with a few you can take my template and fill it in for other shows if you like.

Here's the template, copy and paste it just as you see it here:

Code:
    [COLOR="Black"][[/COLOR]IMG][/IMG]

[COLOR="black"][[/COLOR]B]Title:[/B]

[COLOR="black"][[/COLOR]B]Cast:[/B] 

[COLOR="black"][[/COLOR]B]Genre:[/B] 

[COLOR="black"][[/COLOR]B]Description:[/B]  

[COLOR="black"][[/COLOR]B]Links:[/B] [COLOR="black"][[/COLOR]URL=delete-this-and-replace-with-IMDB-URL]IMDB[/URL]|[COLOR="black"][[/COLOR]URL=delete-this-and-replace-with-TV.com-URL]TV.com[/URL]

[COLOR="black"][[/COLOR]B]Watch this if you like:[/B]

[COLOR="black"][[/COLOR]B]Status:[/B]

[COLOR="black"][[/COLOR]B]Trailer:[/B]
    Current list of shows we have is below, please let me know of any you think should be added.

SPOILER

Alphas
    Archer
    Arrested Development
    Band of Brothers
    Battlestar Galactica
    Big Love
    Black Books
    The Black Donnellys
    Blue Bloods
    Bored To Death
    Boardwalk Empire
    Breaking Bad
    Californication
    Chuck
    Community
    The Corner
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Deadwood
    Dexter
    Downton Abbey
    Eastbound & Down
    Entourage
    Falling Skies
    Family Guy
    Firefly
    Forbrydelsen (The Killing)
    Friday Night Lights
    Fringe
    Frisky Dingo

Futurama
    Game of Thrones
    Generation Kill
    Happy Endings
    Hawaii Five O
    Homeland
    House
    How to Make It in America
    Hustle
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Jericho
    Justified
    Lie To Me
    Mad Men
    The Mighty Boosh
    Misfits
    Modern Family
    Nikita
    The Office (US)
    Oz
    The Pacific
    Pan Am
    Parks and Recreation
    Party Down
    Rescue Me
    Rome
    Shameless
    Sherlock
    The Shield
    The Simpsons
    Six Feet Under
    The Sopranos
    South Park
    Spartacus
    Spiral
    StrikeBack: Project Dawn
    Suits
    Trailer Park Boys
    Treme
    Underbelly
    The Walking Dead
    Warehouse 13
    Weeds
    The West Wing
    Wilfred
    The Wire
    Workaholics

EDIT: Can people send me a PM if images go dead or trailers are wrong or anything like that - trying to keep this as spiffy as possible. TY
    Last edited by Keane; 16-04-12, 14:25. Reason: Adding Underbelly to the list

Alphas

Title: Alphas

Cast: David Strathairn, Ryan Cartwright, Warren Christie, Azita Ghanizada, Laura Mennell, Malik Yoba

Genre: Sci-fi/Drama

Description: A group of everyday people who possess uncanny neurological abnormalities is working for a secret government agency. This elite group is able to uncover what the CIA, FBI and Pentagon cannot or will not solve.

Links: IMDB|TV.com

Watch this if you like: Heroes

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPaF_4-ZXVc
    Last edited by Keane; 20-12-11, 15:31.

Comment

Archer

Title: Archer

Cast: H. Jon Benjamin, Judy Greer, Chris Parnell, Aisha Tyler, Jessica Walter, George Coe, Amber Nash

Genre: Animation/Comedy

Description: Set at the International Secret Intelligence Service (ISIS) in New York City, suave but incredibly self-centered master spy Sterling Archer deals with global espionage; his domineering, hypersexual mother/boss, Malory Archer; his ex-girlfriend (and fellow ISIS agent), Lana Kane; her ISIS accountant boyfriend (later ex) Cyril Figgis; and a less-than-masculine code name, "Duchess".

Watch this if you like: Arrested Development, Get Smart

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpYiR5L9COw

Comment

Arrested Development

Title: Arrested Development

Cast: Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Will Arnett, David Cross, Tony Hale, Jeffrey Tambor, Jessica Walter, Ron Howard

Genre: Comedy

Description: Level-headed son Michael Bluth takes over family affairs after his father is imprisoned. But the rest of his spoiled, dysfunctional family are making his job unbearable.

Watch this if you like: Archer, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office (US), Seinfeld

Status: Cancelled after 43 episodes over three seasons. Currently scheduled for a ten episode catch-up series in 2012, ahead of a planned feature film to follow.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oIk04OQ1Ec
        Last edited by Keane; 20-12-11, 15:32.

Comment

Band of Brothers

Title: Band of Brothers

Cast: Damian Lewis, Donnie Wahlberg, Ron Livingston, Frank John Hughes, Scott Grimes, Rick Gomez, Kirk Acevedo, Michael Cudlitz

Genre: Drama/War

Description: Band of Brothers is a 10-part miniseries produced by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks for HBO. The miniseries follows Easy Company, an army unit during World War II, from their initial training at Camp Toccoa to the conclusion of the war. The series is based on the book written by the late Stephen E. Ambrose.

Links:
          IMDB.com|TV.com

Watch this if you like: The Pacific, Generation Kill

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ehwsOL04og

Comment

Battlestar Galactica

Title: Battlestar Galactica

Cast: Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff, Jamie Bamber, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park, James Callis

Genre: Sci-Fi

Description: A re-imagining of the original series in which a rag-tag fugitive fleet of the last remnants of mankind flees pursuing robots while simultaneously searching for their true home, Earth.

Links:
            TV.com|IMDB.com

Watch this if you like: Stargate, Star Trek, Babylon 5

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvYVR6XXsHA

Comment

Big Love

Title: Big Love

Cast: Bill Paxton, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Chloe Sevigny, Ginnifer Goodwin, Amanda Seyfried.

Genre: Drama/Family

Description:The series revolves around a family's struggles to live their polygamous lifestyle while keeping it a secret from the outside world.The series revolves around Bill Henrickson, his three wives (Barb, Nicki,and Margene) and their (combined) nine children. Henrickson lives with his family in three neighboring houses in Sandy, Utah, a suburb of Salt Lake City.

Watch This If You Like: Six Feet Under, Brothers and Sisters

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y9c2Sfo1hM

Comment

Black Books

Title: Black Books

Cast: Dylan Moran, Bill Bailey, Tamsin Greig

Description: Bernard Black runs his own bookshop even though he doesn't much like people who buy books and hates having customers. Next door to Bernard's shop is the Nifty Gifty gift shop run by Fran, probably Bernard's only friend in the world. When Bernard's accountant goes on the run Bernard employs stress victim, Manny to help in his shop. This leads to a series of surreal adventures around the shop

Links: IMDB.com|TV.com

Watch this if you like: The IT Crowd, Peep Show

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk2GkqB_aRY
                Last edited by Keane; 17-10-11, 09:08.

Comment

Cheers for doing this dude, legend

Can you post a blank template in your op and I'm sure I will help you out with this at some stage.

I will sticky it now as well.
                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Template added to OP now.

Comment

The Black Donnellys

Title: The Black Donnellys

Cast: Jonathan Tucker, Olivia Wilde, Billy Lush, Tom Guiry, Peter Greene

Genre: Crime/Drama

Description: The Black Donnellys follows the exploits of four young, working-class Irish brothers. Their involvement in organized crime in New York City will put their life at risk and they will do anything to protect each other from the hostility between them and the others New York families who want their territory.

Watch this if you like: The Sopranos, The Shield

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anjRkzHEtyU

Comment

Blue Bloods

Title: Blue Bloods

Cast: Donnie Wahlberg, Bridget Moynahan, Will Estes, Len Cariou, Tom Selleck

Description: Blue Bloods follows the lives of the multi-generational Reagan family (Tom Selleck as Frank Reagan, Bridget Moynahan as Erin Reagan, Donnie Wahlberg as Danny Reagan) and their dedication to the New York City Police Department. Although being a tight-knit family, you may find that the Reagans have very different ideas of how to gain justice. But they have one thing in common: they'll stop at nothing to see justice served; because their occupation is more than just a job, it's the family business.

Watch this if you like: The Good Wife, Justified

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3CzE68-Y6g

Comment

Bored To Death

Title: Bored To Death

Cast: Ted Danson, Jason Schwartzman, Zach Galifianakis

Genre: Comedy/Crime/Mystery

Description: Jonathan Ames (Jason Schwartzman), a struggling Brooklyn writer with a drinking problem, tries to cope with his recent breakup with his girlfriend by reinventing his life. On a whim, Ames decides to emulate his idol novelists Dashiell Hammett and Raymond Chandler by posing as a private detective and offering his services through an online ad. Soon enough, he takes on various cases of unwitting clients, satisfying some while failing others.

Watch this if you like:Party Down, Eastbound & Down, Parks and Recreation

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEM5B4P8PIg

Comment

Is the Black Books image showing up for people? It seems to be fine on my desktop but looks blocked from my mobile which seems weird...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              Is the Black Books image showing up for people? It seems to be fine on my desktop but looks blocked from my mobile which seems weird...

doesn't show for me

thanks for doing this, some good series listed already

Comment

You should just try and grab the images from Wikipedia when possible.

Comment

SPOILER

Last edited by Keane; 17-10-11, 09:11. Reason: Rescue Me and Shameless added to OP

Comment

Title: Firefly

Cast: Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher, Summer Glau, Ron Glass

Genre:Sci-fi/Western

Description: Five hundred years in the future, a renegade crew aboard a small, spacecraft tries to survive as they travel the unknown parts of the galaxy and evade warring factions as well as authority agents out to get them.

Watch this if you like: Battlestar Galactica, Stargate Universe, Anything Joss Whedon has ever done.

Status: Cancelled (after 1 Season) Movie released after series: Serenity

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obBer...eature=related
                                    Last edited by Keane; 24-10-11, 14:25. Reason: Add TV.com link
                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Was Blue Bloods not meant to be crap?

Comment

No idea - never watched it, it's got Tom Sellick so it must be somewhat awesome though

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                          Was Blue Bloods not meant to be crap?
                                          It's actually pretty decent.

Comment

If any of ye are stuck for something to watch and have not seen it check out Spiral. I loves my quality tv drama and would rank this one very highly. By all acounts the french are very proud of it and its best described as a cross between The Wire and La Haine. Apologies for the shody-ness of my post!

Comment

Boardwalk Empire

Title: Boardwalk Empire

Cast: Steve Buscemi, Michael Pitt, Kelly Macdonald, Michael Shannon, Shea Whigham, Aleksa Palladino, Michael Stuhlbarg, Stephen Graham

Genre: Period/Crime/Drama

Description: Based on Nelson Johnson's book Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times and Corruption of Atlantic City, this HBO drama project tells the legendary tale of the gambling mecca's origins.

Watch this if you like: The Sopranos, Brotherhood, Southland

Status: Ongoing (currently in Season 2)

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5fpNXPVG1k

Comment

Breaking Bad

Title: Breaking Bad

Cast: Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Betsy Brandt, RJ Mitte

Description: Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) stars in this drama focused on a mid-life crisis gone bad for an underachieving high school chemistry teacher who becomes a drug dealer after he discovers that he has lung cancer

Watch this if you like: Mad Men, Criminal Minds, Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy

Status: Ongoing (Season 4 complete - Season 5 planned as final season).

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--z4YzxlT8o

Comment

Californication

Title: Californication

Cast: David Duchovny, Natascha McElhone, Pamela Adlon, Madeleine Martin, Evan Handler, Madeline Zima

Genre: Comedy/Drama

Description: David Duchovny is the lead in this comedy about a book writer always running into trouble with sex, drugs and women, while struggling to maintain a relationship with his ex-girlfriend and trying to raise his daughter in a less than normal environment for a teenager

Watch this if you like: Hung, Nurse Jackie, Shameless

Status: Ongoing (Season 4 complete - Season 5 planned for release in January 2012)

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ7yaQhXJAI
                                                  Last edited by Keane; 26-10-11, 22:28.

Comment

forbrydelsen (The Killing)

Starring Sofie Gråbøl, Lars Mikkelsen, Bjarne Henriksen.

Genre: Police procedural

Description: Police investigation into the murder of one young woman, consists of 20 one-hour episodes following the single case from beginning to end through the ups and downs of a complex investigation

Watch this if you like: High quality well written drama with lots of tension, cliffhangers and red herrings. Make sure you watch the version that is subtitled by BBC4 and not a very poorly subtitled version thats going around, also avoid the pisspooor American remake.

Status: Second 14 episode series with Sofie Gråbøl has been produced and will be showing on BBC4 soon

Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IZUWkghFeQ&
                                                    Last edited by Keane; 24-10-11, 14:23. Reason: Add in TV.com link
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Chuck

Title: Chuck

Cast: Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Adam Baldwin, Joshua Gomez, Sarah Lancaster

Genre: Comedy/Action/Drama

Description: Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect) plays Chuck Bartowski, a nerdy computer tech who has a database of government secrets downloaded into his brain. Chuck soon finds himself recruited by John Casey (Adam Baldwin), a veteran NSA Agent who now works with the CIA, for espionage work with his new partner (and first date in 10 years) Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) - leading Chuck to live a split life of computer geek and secret CIA missions

Links: IMDB.com|TV.com

Watch this if you like: Californication, Greek, Scrubs, Entourage

Status: Ongoing (Season 4 complete - Season 5 planned as final season)

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA1kFpoZEzg

Comment

Community

Title: Community

Cast: Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Yvette Nicole Brown, Alison Brie, Donald Glover, Ken Jeong, Chevy Chase

Description: NBC presents a comedy is about a group of misfits attending the Greendale Community College. Jeff Winger (Joel McHale), a lawyer who has his degree revoked, goes back to college and forms a study group. Jeff and his fellow study group members, over time, learn more about themselves, as well as each other

Watch this if you like: It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Party Down, 30 Rock

Status: Ongoing (currently in Season 3).

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBCE9oIuN24

Comment

The Corner

Title: The Corner

Cast: T. K. Carter, Khandi Alexander, Sean Nelson

Description: The Corner tells the true story of men, women and children living amid the open-air drug markets of West Baltimore. It chronicles a year in the lives of 15-year old DeAndre McCullough (Sean Nelson), his mother Fran Boyd (Khandi Alexander), and his father Gary McCullough (T.K. Carter), as well as other addicts and low-level drug dealers caught up in the twin-engine economy of heroin and cocaine.

Watch this if you like: The Wire, Boardwalk Empire, Brotherhood

Status: Complete (six-part miniseries)

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaB_FN3j6x0

Comment

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Title: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Cast: Larry David, Cheryl Hines, Jeff Garlin, Susie Essman

Description: Having evolved from the 1999 HBO special Larry David: Curb Your Enthusiasm, this series proves how seemingly trivial details of one's day-to-day life--a trip to the movies, a phone call, a visit from some trick-or-treaters--can precipitate a "Murphy's Law" chain of misfortune to hilarious effect. Like George Costanza in Seinfeld, the protagonist of Curb Your Enthusiasm has a knack for getting himself into uncomfortable situations that end up alienating him from peers and acquaintances.

Watch this if you like: Arrested Development, Seinfeld, Entourage

Status: Eight seasons completed, a ninth possibly to come

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIepKA36SB8
                                                            Last edited by Keane; 25-11-11, 13:27.

Comment

Deadwood

Title: Deadwood

Cast: Timothy Olyphant, Ian McShane, Molly Parker, John Hawkes, Jim Beaver, Brad Dourif, Paula Malcomson, William Sanderson

Genre: Crime/Drama/History/Western

Description: In an age of plunder and greed, the richest gold strike in American History draws a throng of restless misfits to an outlaw settlement where everything - and everyone - has a price. Welcome to Deadwood...a hell of a place to make your fortune.

Watch this if you like: The Wire, Justified, Oz

Status: Discontinued after three 12-episode seasons

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfMSxf6P_AM
                                                              Last edited by Keane; 26-10-11, 22:30.

Comment

Dexter

Title: Dexter

Cast: Michael C. Hall, Julie Benz, Jennifer Carpenter, Lauren Vélez, David Zayas, C.S. Lee, James Remar, Erik King

Genre: Crime/Drama/Mystery/Thriller

Description: Dexter is a forensic blood spatter expert for the Miami Dade Police Department. He is the main support for his sister. He has a steady girlfriend, with two kids who adore him. He also has an active "night life". Based on a code instilled in him by his foster father, Harry, he hunts down people who have escaped justice and makes sure they don't get away with a crime again.

Watch this if you like: Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, Twin Peaks

Status: Ongoing (currently in Season 6)

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6_qsTCBns8

Comment

Downton Abbey

Title: Downton Abbey

Cast: Hugh Bonneville, Jessica Brown-Findlay, Laura Carmichael, Jim Carter, Brendan Coyle, Michelle Dockery

Genre: Period Drama

Description: Downton Abbey is an ITV drama set in 1912 about the Crawley family and their servants

Watch this if you like: The Tudors, Upstairs Downstairs, The Borgias

Status: Ongoing (currently in Season 2)

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M3moEeErr8

Comment

Title: The Shield

Cast:
                                                                    Regular: Michael Chiklis, Walton Goggins, Jay Karnes
                                                                    Season-long cameos: Anthony Anderson, Glenn Close, Forest Whitaker

Genre: Crime/Action

Description: The Shield breaks the conventional formula of the cop genre. It plays out in a tough, morally ambiguous world in which the line between good and bad is crossed every day. The series focuses on the tension between a group of corrupt but effective cops and a captain torn between bringing them down and advancing his own political ambitions.

Watch this if you like: The Wire, Sopranos

Status: Complete (7 seasons)

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOHXl8GMdrc
                                                                    Last edited by Keane; 25-11-11, 13:28. Reason: Image was broken

Comment

Eastbound & Down

Title: Eastbound & Down

Cast: Danny McBride, Steve Little, Katy Mixon, John Hawkes, Andrew Daly, Jennifer Irwin

Description: Created by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, this half-hour comedy follows a former professional baseball player who returns to his hometown in the South to take a job as a substitute gym teacher.

Watch this if you like:Bored to Death, Party Down, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Status: Ongoing (Season 2 complete - Season 3 planned as final season)

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hvlZPML1b4
                                                                      Last edited by Keane; 20-12-11, 13:28.

Comment

Suppose I should put up Underbelly which I really like. Each season concentrates on a different crime syndicate/era, they are all based on true stories too. Its an Autralian tv show.

Found the first ep. on youtube. Its NSFW for sure after the opening oration.

SPOILER

A great thing about this show is that you don't have to watch season 1 first. Even if you don't want to watch the whole lot of it I'd recommend that first episode and a brilliant performance by Vince Collosimo as Alphonse 'The Black Prince' Gangitano. This series set me off on a new book trail about Australian crime.

The second season runs from the late 70s to the mid-eighties and it revolves around the drug supply trade. If you asked me what would make you watch this season I'd say Anna Hutchison who is the hotness. Its an excellent season don't get me wrong but I just like Anna Hutchison a lot. Here is a preview.

SPOILER

Anna Hutchison
                                                                        SPOILER

Probably my favourite season is Season 3 and its called the Golden Mile. Its set in the King's Cross area of Sydney and one of its characters is John Ibrahim who has never been prosecuted to this day. They make him out to be a bit more innocent than he is perceived in a book I've read since watching this.

Preview here.
                                                                        SPOILER

Currently running is Underbelly Razor which I've just started watching. I'll give a rundown on that at a later date. There has also been a couple of tv movies on different criminals.
                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Entourage

Title: Entourage

Cast: Kevin Connolly, Adrian Grenier, Kevin Dillon, Jerry Ferrara, Jeremy Piven, Debi Mazar

Genre: Comedy/Drama

Description: Vince Chase is a sexy young actor whose career is on the rise. To share the fun of his ride to the top of Hollywood and keep him grounded, Vince looks to Eric, Drama and Turtle, his childhood buddies from Queens. Together, they'll navigate the highs and lows of Hollywood's fast lane, where the stakes are higher, and the money and temptations greater, than ever before. But that certainly will not stop them from having fun the whole way through

Watch this if you like: Californication, Freaks & Geeks, Weeds

Status: Complete (eight seasons).

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj7BQhawdJw

Comment

Can people let me know if any of the image links are broken on their connection please?

With some of them I can see them at my computer but can't on my phone so a heads up if they're down for anyone would be helpful.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Falling Skies

Title: Falling Skies

Cast: Noah Wyle, Moon Bloodgood, Drew Roy, Jessy Schram, Maxim Knight, Seychelle Gabriel, Peter Shinkoda

Genre: Action/Sci-Fi/Thriller

Description: Written and produced by Robert Rodat and Steven Spielberg, this show takes place after an alien race has wiped out the majority of the human population. A group of soldiers band together to try to stand up against the alien force.

Watch this if you like: Terra Nova, Survivors, Outcasts, Super 8, The Andromeda Strain, Heroes

Status: The series was renewed on July 7, 2011, for a second season of 10 episodes due to air in summer 2012.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CILkO-NCL8c
                                                                              Last edited by Keane; 20-12-11, 15:43.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Family Guy

Title: Family Guy

Cast: Seth MacFarlane, Alex Borstein, Seth Green, Mila Kunis, Mike Henry

Genre: Animation/Comedy

Description: Peter and Lois have three kids - the youngest is a brilliant, sadistic baby bent on killing his mother and world domination. Chris, like his father, is obese, has a low IQ and no common sense. Meg desperately tries to be part of the popular crowd, and is coldly rebuffed. Their talking dog Brian keeps baby Stewie in check while sipping martinis and sorting out his own life issues.

Watch this if you like: South Park, Robot Chicken, The Simpsons, Drawn Together, Aqua Team Hunger Force

Status: Ongoing (Currently in its tenth season)

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbdU_x4PlU
                                                                                Last edited by Keane; 20-12-11, 15:43.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Excellent thread David.
                                                                                  NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
                                                                                    Excellent thread David.
                                                                                    Anything for the few thanks sure

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Friday Night Lights

Title: Friday Night Lights

Cast: Kyle Chandler, Connie Britton, Gaius Charles, Zach Gilford, Minka Kelly, Adrianne Palicki, Taylor Kitsch

Genre: Drama/Sport

Description: In the small town of Dillon, Texas, football is everything. The team to beat is the Panthers, who are coached by newbie Eric Taylor. Coming back after winning the State Championship, the Panthers will need all the help they can get once the next football season arrives, amidst all the personal dramas and injuries.

Watch this if you like: One Tree Hill, Make It Or Break It

Status: Complete (Five seasons)

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU6pKnGJTwM

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Fringe

Title: Fringe

Cast: Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, Lance Reddick, Kirk Acevedo, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole

Genre: Drama/Horror/Mystery/Sci-Fi/Thriller

Description: FBI agent Olivia Dunham and Peter Bishop are faced with a rapidly spreading unexplained phenomenon of the threatening kind. In an attempt to stop the spread, they enlist the assistance of Bishop's estranged father, the institutionalized scientist Dr. Walter Bishop.

Watch this if you like: Flash Forward, Supernatural, The 4400, Dollhouse, Harper's Island, The X-Files

Status: The series is currently in its fourth season, which premiered on September 23, 2011

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_rG4tIJsck
                                                                                        Last edited by Keane; 21-12-11, 17:14.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Watch Fringe if you liked the X-Files IMO. I forgot about Flash Forward, what a dreadful letdown of a show. Nice compilation of the shows Keane

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Question regarding "the killing". I downloaded 20 episodes, but only first ten are english? Then it's Danish or something from episodes 11-20.
                                                                                            Last edited by Four of a Kind; 22-12-11, 03:22.
                                                                                            NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
                                                                                              Question regarding "the killing". I downloaded 20 episodes, but only first ten are english? Then it's Danish or something from episodes 11-20.
                                                                                              Not sure tbh Carlo, try PMing Strewelpeter - he knows about it afaik.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Suits

Title: Suits

Cast: Gabriel Macht, Patrick J. Adams, Rick Hoffman, Meghan Markle, Sarah Rafferty, Gina Torres, Vanessa Ray

Genre: Comedy, Drama

Description: On the run from a drug deal gone bad, Mike Ross, a brilliant college-dropout, finds himself a job working with Harvey Specter, one of New York City's best lawyers.

Watch this if you like: Person of Interest, Pan Am, Fairly Legal, White Collar, Franklin and Bash

Status: Approved for 2nd Season

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOi7_d3GOFI

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Frisky Dingo

Title: Frisky Dingo

Cast: Adam Reed, Christian Danley, Kelly Jenrette, Kate Miller, Killer Mike, Amber Nash, Scott Lipe, Stuart Culpepper, Mike Bell

Genre: Animation/Comedy/Sci-Fi

Description: Supervillain Killface is finding that in theory, destroying the world seems like a lot of fun, but in actual practice, it is a very dull and complicated process. There are many boring details to work out such as media buys, budgets and marketing. Every great villain needs a nemesis. Enter billionaire playboy Xander Crews. As the superhero Awesome X, Xander seems to be doing everything he can to stop Killface, but actually he just wants to make it look that way so his action figure line stays in business.

Links: IMDB|[http://www.tv.com/shows/frisky-dingo/]TV.com[/URL]

Watch this if you like: Sealab 2021, Aqua Team Hunger Force

Status: Complete (two seasons)

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5k4V49DVIU

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Thanks great thread!

Comment

#51

Title:Leverage

Cast: Timothy Hutton, Gina Bellman, Aldis Hodge, Christian Kane, Beth Riesgraf

Genre: Mystery, Crime, Action

Description: Robin hood type theme, where a group of thiefs and con men steal from the rich and powerful and give back to the needy

Links: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1103987/

Watch this if you like: Lie to Me, Burn Notice, Criminal Minds

Status: Approved for 5th Season

Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5e5TiyDu08
                                                                                                      http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

#52

Title: Homeland

Cast: Claire Danes, Morena Baccarin, Damian Lewis,

Genre: Conspiracy, Political, Mystery, Thriller

Description: Marine Sergeant Nicholas Brody returns home eight years, after going missing in Iraq. Carrie Mathison, a driven CIA officer, suspects he might be plotting an attack on America.

Links: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1796960/

Watch this if you like: can't really think of any tv series that are similar, but if you like psychological thrillers and stuff like that you will like this

Status: Approved for season 2

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4-KYAWPKzY
                                                                                                        http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Bump.

What are people watching these days that's good?

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Sharp objects was good, Ozark back too and first 2 eps have been same as the last season so if liked that switch it back on. Have watched first couple of eps of succession, has a lot of promise.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              The handmaids tale is class, the mechanisimo(something like this) on netflix is okay too - just okay.

Sharp objects is new to me so that's something to look forward to. I also need more shows so keep em coming!
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Castle Rock is very good.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Hadn't heard of Sharp Objects, looks worthy of a spin. Watched a good few eps of Ozarks and liked it at the start but got sick of it when it never really seemed to take off.

I've watched about half the first season of the Handmaid's Tale - it's so good but tough viewing. Castle Rock looks like I might be interested as well, will add it to the list.

I have been on a bit of a sci-fi buzz lately and have really enjoyed Altered Carbon and Star Trek Discovery. Have previously watched the first season of The Expanse. That was pretty good so may give the second season a go. Watched the first two eps of 12 Monkeys and it didn't seem that great.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Hadn't heard of Sharp Objects, looks worthy of a spin. Watched a good few eps of Ozarks and liked it at the start but got sick of it when it never really seemed to take off.

I've watched about half the first season of the Handmaid's Tale - it's so good but tough viewing. Castle Rock looks like I might be interested as well, will add it to the list.

I have been on a bit of a sci-fi buzz lately and have really enjoyed Altered Carbon and Star Trek Discovery. Have previously watched the first season of The Expanse. That was pretty good so may give the second season a go. Watched the first two eps of 12 Monkeys and it didn't seem that great.
                                                                                                                    I'm half way through the terror, based on the Dan Simmons book of the same name. Pretty good/grim so far, but read the book first.

If you haven't seen it, Taboo is excellent and season 2 is epxected (not sure when).

Personally thought Ozark season 1 was awful

Comment

#59

I didn't enjoy Season 2 of The Expanse as much as the first. Haven't watched season 3 yet..

Binged watched manhunt:unabomber on netflix recently... Really enjoyed it.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Bump.

What are people watching these days that's good?
                                                                                                                        Blitzed through Westworld over the weekend. It's pretty much Dollhouse/Deadwood combined. You don't really understand wtf going on till near the end, really good.
                                                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X