• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
    they were never ready for Europe
    small squad built for mid table scrapping
    6-0 final score

Comment

Looks like some decent value this week. Have gone with Derry, Mervue, Pats and Limerick.

Comment

Fingal lost 3-2, a vicotry for football

Comment

sligo look nice at 11/10. theyre more rested than drogh and playing very well. drogh flattered with their win against a very weakened fingal team

obv bohs will piss it too
          GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post

obv bohs will piss it too
            Im not booking my flights to Belgium just yet but we've gone with an attacking lineup though so 2.46 looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
              Im not booking my flights to Belgium just yet but we've gone with an attacking lineup though so 2.46 looks good.
              eek

Comment

What happened?
                leave too many gaps? your defense needs protection at the best of times

Those missing 4 games in europe in the budget? (hope not!)
                thats my rather large bet on bohs for the league fucked id imagine!

horrible

Comment

No idea what happened, 3 quick counter attacking goals conceded in the first 20 minutes. Similar to Pats away. We should have won the home leg by at least 3 anyway. Theres no excuses for not winning the league now, good enough squad to do it and no more distractions. Can see Fenlon leave and Bohs going part time at the end of the season tho.

Comment

No idea what happened, 3 quick counter attacking goals conceded in the first 20 minutes. Similar to Pats away. We should have won the home leg by at least 3 anyway. Theres no excuses for not winning the league now, good enough squad to do it and no more distractions. Can see Fenlon leave and Bohs going part time at the end of the season tho.
                    ya Fenlon will be gone id say, id imagine that defeat will affect his image though

keep the squad together through the transfer window and Bohs could/should still win the league

Pats and Shams are there to be beaten imo

will ye keep the squad together?

good luck!

Comment

If we get cash offers players will go. Realistically that will only happen with Madden and its probably too soon, Fenlon does have players ready to come in if we free up cash though.

Comment

Bohs players possibly throwing the game over unpaid bonuses?
                        Last edited by Raheny Red; 21-07-10, 10:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
                          They were actually arguing about bonuses reliant on them beating TNS. They wanted their bonus paid on the CL and UEFA cup money not just the CL money.

Comment

dundalk dnb at galways - evens is a nice 1
                            GAA News Website

Comment

really like limerick away to shels

Anyone know if heary and ryan (galway) will be available for selection or how long does clearance take? they are two major signings aswell as the forward they signed (name escapes me)
                              GAA News Website

Comment

Anyone know if heary and ryan (galway) will be available for selection or how long does clearance take? they are two major signings aswell as the forward they signed (name escapes me)
                                From talking to some lads who know more about it, there transfers went through last night so that should make them available.

By striker do you mean Stephen O'Flynn? back from Northampton and clear to play.

Comment

Me too unfortunately. We were dire against Mervue and we didn't deserve the 3 points at all.

Comment

yeh if them lads are all available then they should be very tough to beat. You can get .25 in asian market at evens, or take a punt on them outright on boyles at the moment at 11/5 wouldnt be too bad either
                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Sligo home to Dundalk is buying money. 5-6 in Ladcrooks.

Comment

im lukn to lay 1.75 or lower on that game
                                        GAA News Website

Comment

The King of Benin

Good news for anyone who goes to LOI games imo
                                          not sure if he is available tomorrow

King of Benin makes Rovers return
                                          Friday, 30 July 2010 13:18
                                          Romuald Boco has re-joined Sligo Rovers on a contract until the end of the season.

The Benin international left English League Two club Burton Albion in May.

Boco previously had a two-year spell with the Bit o' Red for the 2008 and 2009 seasons.

The 25-year-old has agreed to a second stint under manager Paul Cook in The Showgrounds having proved a popular figure with supporters during his first spell with the Bit o’ Red,

Capped by Benin on 37 occasions, Boco can play in a wide range of positions including right-back, winger and striker.

Boco is the club’s second signing in the last 24 hours after goalkeeper John Gibson moved from Dundee to Rovers.
                                          Gibson is a replacement for Brush who is having an operation on a busted hand
                                          Reserve keeper is solid imo, I know nothing of Gibson

and Fenn has retired from Dundalk, which is a shame!
                                          Last edited by Guest; 30-07-10, 14:17.

Comment

Great tipping again semibluff.

Good result for Sligo tonight.

Onwards and upwards for the last 1/3 of the season with Boco on board all the better.
                                            Last edited by applehunter; 31-07-10, 21:26.

Comment

and Fenn has retired from Dundalk, which is a shame!
                                              and Fenn has just signed for Shams, which is a disgrace!!!

What a muppet in fairness!
                                              Cannot believe Dundalk released his reg as well, guess thats what you get for trusting a cnut

Shams really working on getting back to their place as least liked club in the country

on a side note, any Dundalk fans out there who laughed at Sligo Rovers about the Turner mess, are you known to have a fondness for apples?

Comment

Limerick(to beat Athlone) into 2/5 from 8/13 on Boyles.

Knew I should have taken it when I saw it first. Doh

Comment

yeh not sure what the craic is bout fenn - ive asked few avid dundalk fans but theres def more to it than we see.

Dont think rovers did anything wrong there - they tried to sign a very good player on the free and got him - kudos. With both teams (rovers bohs) out of europe i expect the league to really take shape now. with pats falling at the wayside

i think dundalk are a little short this weekend. Not betting on it at the moment, but its a little off. theyve been miss priced alot recently and performed well but not sure it merits them to be this short

Ive backed limerick -1.25 goals in asian. Drogheda +1.25 goals
                                                  Also took waterford -.25 and cork outright
                                                  (fwiw i do these handicap bets on SBObet.com only way to get asian handicaps on first division aswell)

So in short think drogh can keep it tight. Think limerick should keep winning well, dont like shelbournes price at all and think the cork combo of callaghan cummins are really playing well and should win at home infront of the big turners cross crowd
                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Like the look of 1st division games.

Limerick
                                                    Cork City
                                                    Derry City

all to win

Throw small accum. with Sligo as well.

Comment

Originally posted by applehunter View Post
                                                      Like the look of 1st division games.

Limerick
                                                      Cork City
                                                      Derry City

all to win

Throw small accum. with Sligo as well.
                                                      You wouldnt think feckin Derry would be the ones to let ya down, had em in a double with Limerick

Comment

was at dundalk game

two terrible teams. although burns back next week should improve dundalk

some results in the first division!

fancy bohs draw no bet at evens tomorow
                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

i think 1/3 on fingal against mervue tonight is a very good bet. should be 1/5 or shorter
                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

yeh ship the 4-0

Hate doing this, but backing against fingal this friday. Theyre playing at home to dundalk. Home form is particularly poor and dundalk are expecting Burns back in the mix (most important player). Their new signings arent bad and if gaynor starts and burns steadies up the back I think the price available on them is way too big esp that fingal played an away game just last night

Also backing monaghan away to shelbourne. both these bets in asian handicaps

like rovers outright
                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

i think 1/3 on fingal against mervue tonight is a very good bet. should be 1/5 or shorter
                                                              Was that the LC or the FAI Cup?

Comment

Was that the LC or the FAI Cup?
                                                                FAI 3rd Round

Comment

yeh ship the 4-0

Hate doing this, but backing against fingal this friday. Theyre playing at home to dundalk. Home form is particularly poor and dundalk are expecting Burns back in the mix (most important player). Their new signings arent bad and if gaynor starts and burns steadies up the back I think the price available on them is way too big esp that fingal played an away game just last night

Also backing monaghan away to shelbourne. both these bets in asian handicaps

like rovers outright
                                                                  Id be wary of Burns having piled on weight while out.

Comment

Id be wary of Burns having piled on weight while out.
                                                                    he was on bench last two games

saw him warming up last game
                                                                    dint look too bad

also is alot better than what they have - will mean they can put Hats to lb and kelly back to Rb. breen was out last game with jaundice too apparently. they can only imporve
                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

he was on bench last two games

saw him warming up last game
                                                                      dint look too bad

also is alot better than what they have - will mean they can put Hats to lb and kelly back to Rb. breen was out last game with jaundice too apparently. they can only imporve
                                                                      I would be more keen to lay Fingal than back Dundalk though. I'll also be laying Monaghan away to Shels and Cork away to Derry. I just think Shels had a great win last week and mons will be doing well to put in back to back performances of the standard needed for two big away scapls in two weeks(beat Derry away last week). While this works in Derry's favour they won't want to lose again at home in particular and Cork's away form is patchy, this being a very long trek for them.

I think Limerick and Waterford both know they have to win to keep in touch.
                                                                      Limerick 1.43 away to Mervue
                                                                      Waterford 1.59 at home to Wexford both look great bets.
                                                                      Also same goes for Bohs 1.42 v Galway
                                                                      and St.Pats 1.38 away v Bray both teams need to keep up the pace.

Small win accum with PP as well

Bohs 2/5
                                                                      St.Pats 4/11
                                                                      Limerick 4/9
                                                                      Waterford 4/7

Thoughts?

Comment

Wford the dodgiest of the load. Saying that ive money up to get on them on BF also.

I like Rovers price also. Think Lim should win too

I agree about it all apart from laying monaghan. Maybe raheny red can tell us more about them??
                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

I agree about it all apart from laying monaghan. Maybe raheny red can tell us more about them??
                                                                          Hmmm I don't know too much about Mon U but they are doing the business this season it seem. Still unbeaten away from home which is great for the first division considering all the travelling involved. Shels so far have really been a Jekyll and Hyde type side this year. It's very hard to back them or against them as you never know whose going to show up. We've won our last two games 3-0 and 4-0 but our last home game we got trounced 4-0. Our home form is pathetic. I wouldn't bet at all on this match but if had to pick one it would have to be Mon U DNB @ evens with Powers and Hills.......just don't be surprised if it's a 4-0 win to either side

Comment

Hmmm I don't know too much about Mon U but they are doing the business this season it seem. Still unbeaten away from home which is great for the first division considering all the travelling involved. Shels so far have really been a Jekyll and Hyde type side this year. It's very hard to back them or against them as you never know whose going to show up. We've won our last two games 3-0 and 4-0 but our last home game we got trounced 4-0. Our home form is pathetic. I wouldn't bet at all on this match but if had to pick one it would have to be Mon U DNB @ evens with Powers and Hills.......just don't be surprised if it's a 4-0 win to either side

Unbeaten in 18 games away from home and they have been awarded 8 pens in their last 8 games apparently.................

Comment

cheers for replying

yeh im on monaghan in asian handicap +.25 which means if its a draw i win half my stake. Im backing this at 4/5. thats with sbobet.com if anyone interested

hope limerick still keep winning easy!
                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

What's everyone's thinking on Finn Harps tonight? They're away to Longford and priced at 2/1.

Looking back over their results this season barring games against Derry they've won every game on the road when they haven't had to travel for more than circa 2.5/3 hours.

Obviously wouldn't be lumping on but 2/1 seems to be value. Any specific injuries I'm not aware of?
                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

wouldnt read too much into the distance they have to travel. The three closest teams to them (ignoring derry) just happen to be the three worse teams in the league (with athlone reasonably close to being the fourth)

harps seem to have a mixed bag of injuries

meanwhile this literarry genius who writes for ltfc website seems to have been sick the day in school were they taught him about paragraphs

If both teams were of equal standing - which they seem to be, then home advantage taken into consideration harps should be just below 2s

I wouldnt get involved myself two pretty bad unpredictable teams. Maybe just lay longford if you want
                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Anybody fancy over 2.5 in the shels mons game at evens? Looks about a fair price. Over 2.5 very short in Lim Mervue game at 1.6 but I still fancy it bein a 5 or 6 goal job whatever way they go.

Layed Cork @5.9
                                                                                    Monaghan @ 3.05
                                                                                    S.Fingal @ 1.72 I think Fingal are way too short, Mons is by far the dodgiest one.

Did the Limerick/Waterford/Pats/Bohs acca on Betfair its paying over 3/1.
                                                                                    Last edited by Aya14; 13-08-10, 21:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                      Anybody fancy over 2.5 in the shels mons game at evens? Looks about a fair price. Over 2.5 very short in Lim Mervue game at 1.6 but I still fancy it bein a 5 or 6 goal job whatever way they go.

Layed Cork @5.9
                                                                                      Monaghan @ 3.05
                                                                                      S.Fingal @ 1.72 I think Fingal are way too short, Mons is by far the dodgiest one.

Did the Limerick/Waterford/Pats/Bohs acca on Betfair its paying over 3/1.
                                                                                      Didn't see those results coming for Pats/Bohs.

Also wtf at Derry wheels coming off?

Comment

went for ucd in the asian hc in the match this evening versus sligo although i really like sligo.

Anyone see Kilduff play much? i think he's really top class
                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

The early red in the Shels/Mon U game ruined any chance of an away win. The Monaghan players are vermin and half of them should have been locked up for a few nights.

Comment

The early red in the Shels/Mon U game ruined any chance of an away win. The Monaghan players are vermin and half of them should have been locked up for a few nights.
                                                                                            Top quality highlights here if nayone is interested: http://vimeo.com/14154902

Red card - 1:40

Goals: 3:20, 4:20, and 8:50. The second goal wouldn't look out of place in La Liga, world class goal.

Comment

cheers! i got proper spunked by sligo last night!

amond is a machine
                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

gluton for punishment - going for a large bohs win - 2goals +
                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

gluton for punishment - going for a large bohs win - 2goals +
                                                                                                  Why?

Comment

Some of ye don't go in the BBV and I thought ye would like this from tonight

Bit O'legendary stuff from the Bit O'Red tonight
                                                                                                    and i don't even mean beating Shams 2-1 in the semi-final of the league cup

Shams fans unveal a banner at half time

THE BITTER RED

and get a good laugh off most of the crowd (not what they wanted )

couple of mins later Sligo score to go 2-1 up and the Sligo Forza Rovers lads who had obviously been looking at the Shams forum unveil a banner that says
                                                                                                    Shams lads went a bit quiet after that

ooh and fair play to Mons
                                                                                                    chance to fcuk up in a final again against a first division team

Comment

to oscar -

Few reason.

Think theres way too much over-reaction to bohs last two performances. They conceded weak goals against galway and just couldnt convert themselves and the derby game is a game rovers were expected to win anyways.

bray got an unreal result against st pats. there cant be anything taken away from this - but for pat to talk in his interview "yeh good performance by the lads - although im not happy with conceding the two goals but rome wasnt built in a day" Come now - what shite are you spouting. I just thought others were over reacting to these two combined factors too much

Bohs missing players is often a better thing than is hyped. the players who come in are generally as good as those they replace, and the will to remain in the team often gets a super performance from them.

I backed bohs away to bray at 1/3 after their loss to TNS outright as i thought this was value.
                                                                                                      Bohs were now at home for this fixture and the price on BF had drifted to 2/7 (and the handicap line drifted accordingly to the match odds) so I made this a correct bet

The amount you allocate for home and away for each division - and then more so for some individual teams is alot more than the correct ratings move you'd have to see following a few disapointing/encouraging results.

Hope that explains my logic behind it anyways. I won half my stake in the end (had -1.75) and small bit on match odds

Now to read match report see how lucky i was
                                                                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Cant believe I didnt back Bohs/monaghan double could see Bohs winning handy and mons kicking lumps out of Dundalk.

Well done el shambo, that P.Amond just keeps banging em in should Rovers win the league he could end up back there.

Getting excited by Derry's visit friday night, theres been ad's on local radio/papers all week.
                                                                                                        Jackman park expecting there biggest crowd of season which if its 800+ will be intimidating for Derry because fans are so close to the pitch.

Comment

Our season is over. We are begging players to rip up their contracts for next season and have told players we cant guarantee them their wages this season. Not exactly the team building spirit you want for your team to go out and win 3-0.

Comment

Our season is over. We are begging players to rip up their contracts for next season and have told players we cant guarantee them their wages this season. Not exactly the team building spirit you want for your team to go out and win 3-0.
                                                                                                            good job 2-0 was enough so
                                                                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                                              Jackman park expecting there biggest crowd of season which if its 800+ will be intimidating for Derry because fans are so close to the pitch.
                                                                                                              2 men and a dog is intimidating down in that place

Absolutely loving what's happening up in Dalyer these days, I'll return the favour of dancing on their death bed.

Comment

Absolutely loving what's happening up in Dalyer these days, I'll return the favour of dancing on their death bed.
                                                                                                                Go fuck yourself. Pity Monaghan didnt cause a bit of damage.

Comment

Fingal lost 3-2, a vicotry for football
                                                                                                                  2 men and a dog is intimidating down in that place

Id say this is more your pace
                                                                                                                  Discussion forums for League of Ireland and Republic of Ireland football fans.

Comment

Go fuck yourself. Pity Monaghan didnt cause a bit of damage.
                                                                                                                    Touch a nerve

Id say this is more your pace
                                                                                                                    www.foot.ie
                                                                                                                    There already, full of numpties and mongs.

No idea why you quoted my first two quotes

Comment

Might be my heart ruling my head but I think Limerick are big @ 2.66 v Derry given both teams current form etc.

Monaghan at 1.62 at home to Longford looks a nice price.
                                                                                                                      Finn Harps at 1.4 at home to Salthill is very fair price .
                                                                                                                      Shamrock will have way too much for a resurgent Bray so I'll be sticking them in multiples at 1.25.

I don't know what to make of Bohs away to Dundalk at 1.96 it would have been 1.6 a mere 5 weeks ago for sure.

U.C.D are not playing great football at the moment but can still give a decent a/c of themselves against Fingal.

So its a win single Limerick @ 2.66
                                                                                                                      Lay S.Fingal @2.16

and 1 treble and 3 doubles
                                                                                                                      Monaghan @ 1.62 Finn Harps @1.4 and Shamrock @ 1.25

Comment

there was 1/2 available with powers mid week on harps. gone now

yeh like the monaghan bet. the bohs game wouldnt be that short away - maybe 4/5 but nothing shorter

fancy fingal to win their - although avoiding that game

your treble looks nice

im on monaghan and rovers myself - will prob do a little on bf too
                                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

prob lay st pats too
                                                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X