Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Card Trick

No Limit Holdem

player A straddles player B re straddles, player C opens and player D reraises.

When the action gets back to player B he realizes that he has 3 cards in front of him.

Is his hand dead?
    twitter
    moneybookers

Misdeal no?
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
      No Limit Holdem

player A straddles player B re straddles, player C opens and player D reraises.

When the action gets back to player B he realizes that he has 3 cards in front of him.

Is his hand dead?
      Without thinking action has taken place
      i dont know what to do with the guys hand who has 3 cards muck them i say and get on with the hand.

Comment

shove

Comment

Im reliably informed that what you do is the following:

Dealer mixes up the 3 cards all face down then picks one card.

That card is shown to all the other players and becomes the first burnt card.

Play carries on as normal.
          twitter
          moneybookers

Comment

Seems fair enough imo
            NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

As far as I know, his hand is dead and the hand plays out.

Comment

I would have thought the same as Connie. I've seen a similar situation in the BB before (he had only 1 card) and his hand was ruled dead due to previous action in the hand, so I don't see how this is any different.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                  As far as I know, his hand is dead and the hand plays out.
                  Seems a bit harsh.

Comment

A misdeal can only be declared if significant action has not occurred. Significant action is considered: three folds, three checks, two calls, a fold and a call, or a bet and a raise or a call and a fold.

^ From The Irish Standardised Poker Rules.

At this point the hand is dead as a bet and raise has occured. If the player had brought it to the dealers attention straight away then it's a misdeal.

So now that the players hand is dead, when it comes time to burn a card and deal the flop does the dealer just deal tha flop and not burn a card?

Comment

Originally posted by Liono View Post
                      A misdeal can only be declared if significant action has not occurred. Significant action is considered: three folds, three checks, two calls, a fold and a call, or a bet and a raise or a call and a fold.

At this point the hand is dead as a bet and raise has occured. If the player had brought it to the dealers attention straight away then it's a misdeal.

So now that the players hand is dead, when it comes time to burn a card and deal the flop does the dealer just deal tha flop and not burn a card?
                      Nice post, where can I get a set of these rules please?

What is the first rule in that book? Is it the rule that says all poker decisions should be grounded in the fairest possible decision?

I'd def kill his hand if it was repeated behavior, but if it's the first time it occurred, imho it would be harsh to kill his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by curleywurley View Post
                        Nice post, where can I get a set of these rules please?

What is the first rule in that book? Is it the rule that says all poker decisions should be grounded in the fairest possible decision?

I'd def kill his hand if it was repeated behavior, but if it's the first time it occurred, imho it would be harsh to kill his hand.
                        Cheers, you can get a copy from pokerireland.ie i think. Not 100% sure what the 1st rule is off hand.

If his hand isn't killed and one of the cards is used as the first burn, how do you decide which one is used as the first burn and would you now return the first two bets as these players made the bets without knowing what the first burn is and they now do? Or would the bets stand?

Comment

I beleive this is the rule here but their is a serious flaw in it as I can think of at least 10 players off the to top of my head I know personally who do not look at their cards until the action is on them

i.e. just gathers their cards then places a card protector on them.

I beleive this rule is unfair & the above "mix the 3 & expose one" ruling should be used.

Some people might say its not fair for the guys who have raise/ re-raised as now that card is exposed it might weaken their hand like if a J was the 3rd card from his hand & that was exposed to all and the re-raiser has JJ but if it was a normal hand and the dealer exposed the first burn by mistake it is still the first burn.

Comment

This is what I do.

It would be very unfair for player to have a dead hand before he has even had the chance to act on his cards.

If the player was to call the restraddle and see the flopbefore bringing it to the dealers attention his hand would be dead at this stage.
                            €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
                            Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
                            €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
                            CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

What are these?? Where can one get a copy?

Comment

I think player B's hand is dead. It's the players responsibility to see if he has three cards or not.

If more than two players have acted it cannot be a mis-deal.

If player B looked at his hand and realised he had a joker in it, what would be the ruling? I assume his hand would be dead?

Comment

Originally posted by Gowl View Post
                                  I think player B's hand is dead. It's the players responsibility to see if he has three cards or not.

If more than two players have acted it cannot be a mis-deal.

If player B looked at his hand and realised he had a joker in it, what would be the ruling? I assume his hand would be dead?
                                  It's the dealers job to make sure that the deck is not fouled Why would a players hand be dead due to dealer error?

If action has already taken place the hand must play out and I would give him the burn card to replace the joker same rule as if a card was exposed during the deal.
                                  €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
                                  Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
                                  €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
                                  CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

Working...
                                  X