Make 2k by the end of January 11 playing $30 HUSNGs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make 2k by the end of January 11 playing $30 HUSNGs

I was going to start this on January 1st, but reckon I could do with a head-start. I'm barely scraping a roll for these at the mo. Reckon my work is gonna be cut-out for me. Will try to do this in 600 games, but will probably take more. 1-tabling. Will try to play around 20 game a day, but will play more when I'm feeling good so I can take days off etc.

wish you the best of luck with this will be posting a thread myself along the same lines

Comment

1 tabling would be soul destroying imo.
      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
        1 tabling would be soul destroying imo.
        It's not too bad heads up. I would have 2-3 max if I was doing it though. GL OP.

Comment

1 tabling and being disciplined HU is ridic hard imo, small profit is doable doing this though.

Grind Grind Grind

Comment

Best of luck with this, I would agree with trying to play more than 1 table if you can.

Comment

Can't beat HUSNGs 2 tabling, tried it many times. Agree discipline will be difficult and it will be quite soul destroying one tabling, but moneys money, and 2k extra this month would be quite handy to me, I'll be withdrawing all profits.

Played a few games and downswinged, so I'm gonna concentrate on the 20s for a while longer, then start my challenge, as I originally intended, on the 1st Jan.

Comment

Play what your comfortable with imo, it will be the most +EV line to take.

At least your not becoming a comedian.

Best of luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
                  Can't beat HUSNGs 2 tabling, tried it many times. Agree discipline will be difficult and it will be quite soul destroying one tabling, but moneys money, and 2k extra this month would be quite handy to me, I'll be withdrawing all profits.

Played a few games and downswinged, so I'm gonna concentrate on the 20s for a while longer, then start my challenge, as I originally intended, on the 1st Jan.
                  Not sure what your ROI is on HU sngs but the $30 HUgames aren't too easy on ipoker (presuming that's where you plan on playing). What's your sn incase anyone wants to follow?

If you're looking for $2k profit, as opposed to €2k it's slightly easier but you're giving up $900 in rake straight away over 600 games, so you'll need to win 350 from 600 to make the $2k

Comment

You're right it's Ipoker, I have 50%rb. Don't want to give away my screenname just yet.

My ROI is probably around 8-9%, so if I run to that, it'll take upwards of 700 games.

Yeah the $30s seem to play a bit tough, would you recommend playing on one of the big two instead?

And yeah, I meant to say $2K winnings (exclusive of RB)
                    Last edited by Bodybuilder; 28-12-10, 19:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
                      You're right it's Ipoker, I have 50%rb. Don't want to give away my screenname just yet.

My ROI is probably around 8-9%, so if I run to that, it'll take upwards of 700 games.

Yeah the $30s seem to play a bit tough, would you recommend playing on one of the big two instead?
                      I wouldn't limit myself to playing only $30 because they don't run really frequently and there's not a huge player pool. Mixing up $20s and $30s would be fine but i think you might need to overlap the odd game and 2 table sometimes as you can't always wait til you're finished to jump in another $30 game or else you'll be sitting on your own for half the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        I wouldn't limit myself to playing only $30 because they don't run really frequently and there's not a huge player pool. Mixing up $20s and $30s would be fine but i think you might need to overlap the odd game and 2 table sometimes as you can't always wait til you're finished to jump in another $30 game or else you'll be sitting on your own for half the time.
                        To be honest I got the idea for this thread from a simular one on 2+2 where a guy acheived the exact challenge I set out. He too was a single-tabler, and played exclusively $30s. I hear what you're saying about there be a lack of action at HUSNGs on Ipoker at the 30s, I'm considering moving my loot to FTP.

Comment

sorry for being so negative but I think you need to revise your goal a small bit becuse as things stand the figures suggest that you have a < 10% chance of reaching it

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                            sorry for being so negative but I think you need to revise your goal a small bit becuse as things stand the figures suggest that you have a < 10% chance of reaching it
                            Are you basing this opinion on ability? Time? Action on ipoker? Other?

Comment

Give me 9.5/1 he makes it?

Comment

Please revise your figures, it's definitely do-able

But lack of action on Ipoker could be killer.

Comment

gl with this

been playin hu sng's myself of late and one table mostly(turbos not as bad), but that is due to my broken wrist and awkwardness of sitting at the desktop,
                                  http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think it's certainly do-able.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                      Are you basing this opinion on ability? Time? Action on ipoker? Other?
                                      ok well ignoring rake for the minute he needs to win 67 30's or 100 20's more than he loses. now these are the facts that Iv got from his posts

1. he says that by his estimate it will take btween 600 - 700 games assuming he keeps his current ROI of 8-9% (take into account most good players at these stakes opperate around 6-7% long term IIRC)

2. he says he is a loser when he 2 tables so assuming he cant play more than 1 if he wants to keep 8%

3. on average each game will last 15 minutes. thats 4 games an hour. to play 650 games in a month that will be an average of over 5 hours per day. (even if every game only lasts 12 minutes thats still over 4 hours per day every day)

4. In relation to the above 5 hours a day may become 6/7 if ROI goes down. granted it will only be 2/3 if it goes up

5. the dry run lasted 2 hours where he lost and had to drop down (possibly irrelivent point but may be an indicator as to where he lies edge wise in relation to others at these stakes)

Comment

Bubbleking, I agree with a lot of your points, and do consider myself an underdog for this challenge, but I feel I will make a really good go at it. But if I don't make the 2k it's not the end of the world.

Here's my graph, probably gonna quit for today, played alright, obviously ran well, tilted badly in one match against a LAG reg, but only really spewed off one BI.

Comment

Working...
                                        X