Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
    5's Airlie beach is a smashing ew bet.
    I spent a week in Airlie Beach back in 2007. Nice place.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Track has been watered. They usually overdo it, then declare the ground good-to-soft when in fact it is soft. Use caution.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Anyone think Vaniteux is a nice ew in the Ryanair? Would probably have finished 2nd to Douvan in last year's Arkle if he didn't come down at the 2nd last. Sizing John eventually second and is a leading fancy for GC tomorrow. 25s about Vaniteux.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
          Anyone think Vaniteux is a nice ew in the Ryanair? Would probably have finished 2nd to Douvan in last year's Arkle if he didn't come down at the 2nd last. Sizing John eventually second and is a leading fancy for GC tomorrow. 25s about Vaniteux.
          ya i think hes a price and he has some solid form here over the years. I took 16s ew w/o UDS.

Comment

1 bet today for good measure in 2.10
            location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
              was just thinking it was one of the best I'd seen when James Best pops up.

Presenting Percy looks a nice bet for the Pertemps
              ...Hope you followed this horse DP...

Comment

was just thinking it was one of the best I'd seen when James Best pops up.

Presenting Percy looks a nice bet for the Pertemps
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Nice segment on ITV with Pipe and AP reminiscing about the rows they had.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Woobee, Woobee, Woobee

Comment

Harry for plenty of loots
                      and Let's Dance to pay for the creche
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

Harry for plenty of loots
                          and Let's Dance to pay for the creche
                          Mass bar brawl in Devitts mid race. Missed the finish catching my pint. GAA pubs be mad.

Comment

Balls deep in Let's Dance.

Comment

Whats Happening ew

Comment

Satnav

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                  Satnav
                                  Me and Horatio had some crack in pp. Told him back a horse, oh gwan he goes. Fucking race went on forever. Him real negative, me real positive going on about the secret and to stop!
                                  Horse wins we fucking hugging and roaring about pp like two retards lol.

Was good crack
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Don't think I've ever heard a horse described as a "each way bet to nothing" more than Airlie Beach.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                        Don't think I've ever heard a horse described as a "each way bet to nothing" more than Airlie Beach.
                                        you knew

Comment

Vincy 1900 Dundalk free money

Comment

Fancy Lorendano in the 7.30 Dundalk

Comment

ship ship

Comment

Hopeful that the Lord's walk can win the next.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                  ship ship

I was offered him as a yearling for 15K and a lad that was taking 33% pulled out.

Comment

I was offered him as a yearling for 15K and a lad that was taking 33% pulled out.
                                                    hindsight is a great thing in fairness.
                                                    BUt still must feel like a kick in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                      hindsight is a great thing in fairness.
                                                      BUt still must feel like a kick in the ass.
                                                      Yep, once he started working it shot up to 60k but good luck to Paul.

Comment

Some gamble on Indian Tomahawk in the last.

50s to 14s.

Last in his last 3 races.

Comment

Mega fortune tomorrow.
                                                          Seems very overpriced @ 10s

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                            and I can confirm that his owner had exactly zero money on him, some lads are too smart by half and love a good old conspiracy theory.
                                                            I think that's a little unfair. If you are playing with limited info, following market trends is a well established approach.

Comment

Having a mare (pun intended).
                                                              Not 1 winning bet in Cheltenham so far. Pick Altior day one, but stuck in in a treble.

Top it off, I was left a $50 on the terminal in the bookies. Dumbass.

Need to seriously call upon in the luck of the Irish on Paddy's day.
                                                              NAP donations accepted, via PM or on thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                Some gamble on Indian Tomahawk in the last.

50s to 14s.

Last in his last 3 races.
                                                                and I can confirm that his owner had exactly zero money on him, some lads are too smart by half and love a good old conspiracy theory.
                                                                I think that's a little unfair. If you are playing with limited info, following market trends is a well established approach.
                                                                Meh, merely pointing out the gamble, it was in no way a tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                  Meh, merely pointing out the gamble, it was in no way a tip.
                                                                  Don't back a horse owned by gab unless he's told everyone he owns it.

Comment

Jibzzzz I absolutely was not having a pop at you. I must have got 20 calls/texts yetsterday about the horse all laced with a conspiracy theory of some sort, ex O'Callaghan horse, turning up for new trainer, during Cheltenham, great time to go for a coup etc etc etc.. I told each one in turn not to back him and I'd say more than half of them thought I was being coy and proceeded to back him anyway. Go figure!
                                                                    Who is usually responsible for these gambles???? Bookies???.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser soze View Post
                                                                      gamblers who punt on any info . (bit like meself)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                                                                        We've all been there.

Comment

Jibzzzz I absolutely was not having a pop at you. I must have got 20 calls/texts yetsterday about the horse all laced with a conspiracy theory of some sort, ex O'Callaghan horse, turning up for new trainer, during Cheltenham, great time to go for a coup etc etc etc.. I told each one in turn not to back him and I'd say more than half of them thought I was being coy and proceeded to back him anyway. Go figure!
                                                                          To be fair I'm sure it being close to half the rating of previous winning mark added fuel to the fire.

Although assuming if previous connections got nothing from him there is some sort of problem (psychological or other) there, and you just took a cheap punt that a new trainer could revive some of his ability?
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                                                                            It's not just that they punt, they tell all their mates too. I really wouldn't underestimate the power of a rumour. Have seen it happen many times.

I've a distinct memory a day in the Stanley Racing in Coolock where every cunt in Dublin came in and bet on this horse called Headfort Road. Apparently it was a text message that went proper viral. It started the day at 16/1. There must have been 5 grand on it in our shop alone by the off, but it was all in fivers and tenners. Someone had got the name wrong at some point so half the bets were for Head For The Road. It was madness.

Needless to say it trotted home last.

Comment

Only day of betting this week so hit me with your fancies people...

Comment

Lads fiddling with other horses prices via betfair & MIG punters

Comment

Its important to distinguish between a horse shortening in price and a "gamble". Its so easy now to shorten a horse up from big prices for fuck all, then randomers see a few spots of blue on oddschecker and the price can crash.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                    Its important to distinguish between a horse shortening in price and a "gamble". Its so easy now to shorten a horse up from big prices for fuck all, then randomers see a few spots of blue on oddschecker and the price can crash.
                                                                                    How would a punter distinguish? Other than the speed at which a price changes?

Comment

2:10 race, thinking winter escape, any big reason not to?
                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                        2:10 race, thinking winter escape, any big reason not to?
                                                                                        Yes and a very good one..........I have it backed 😂

Comment

So you are saying it's time to double down..
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

130 land of hope and glory
                                                                                            250 death duty
                                                                                            410 on the fringe

and various 3,4 and 5 fold

Comment

1.30 mega fortune.
                                                                                              14:10 Air Horse One
                                                                                              14:50 Death Duty
                                                                                              15:30 Djakadam
                                                                                              16:10 Onthefringe getting my money today

Comment

Also a fave accum
                                                                                                With death duty, DDS, on the fringe and djakam

Comment

https://www.sunbets.ie/ is a new one on me? I just seen it advertised on oddschecker. They have a 100% deposit bonus up to 100 quid. It seems to work exactly like the Bet365 one. Turnover the initial deposit twice to withdraw. Might add a few quid to tanks for today

Edit - You need to enter MATCHED100 when making the account.

Opr
                                                                                                  Last edited by Opr; 17-03-17, 14:06.

Comment

Death Duty, On The Fringe dbl

Sizing John each way for the gold cup

Comment

Douvan had a fractured pelvis apparently

Comment

What price was Mullins top trainer Thursday morning does anyone know?
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Thank fuck for top 5!
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

10/1. Which wasn't great at the time.

Comment

29 matched on BF

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                Douvan had a fractured pelvis apparently
                                                                                                                Can't understand why he wasn't pulled up. Mullins even said after the race he thought Ruby might have pulled him up.

Also I can't understand why no media seem to have asked the question why wasn't he pulled up?

I thought at the time he should have pulled Killultagh Vic up to.

Comment

If Sizing John comes home here I'm in dreamworld

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                    Death Duty, On The Fringe dbl

Sizing John each way for the gold cup
                                                                                                                    Get up the fucking yard!!!!!

Another winner in the gold cup. Another profitable Cheltenham.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                      If Sizing John comes home here I'm in dreamworld

Comment

Any streams to watch this horses? 1000/1 shot in the next race, like those odds.
                                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                                                          Any streams to watch this horses? 1000/1 shot in the next race, like those odds.
                                                                                                                          TV3 player.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X