Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caught a look at myself in the mirror in the pub, I look like I just dropped all the lsd in the world

Comment

Do i need to stick my dirty aftertiming 66 to 1 4,0 image up or can ye just abuse me anyway. Lol was a free bet .

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
        Caught a look at myself in the mirror in the pub, I look like I just dropped all the lsd in the world
        Oooh and it's €2.30 a shot where I am at mo, so the lsd might have been healthier

Comment

I believe the expression is “stick that up yer gash yee shower a cunce”

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
            Do i need to stick my dirty aftertiming 66 to 1 4,0 image up or can ye just abuse me anyway. Lol was a free bet .
            Do it. Sicken the haters plz.
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Trip report : Bi - Polar Disorder Hypomania v Manic depression.

For the purpose of the report the following levels apply:

100 = Euphoric state ( Always ends with a visit to a pschyciatric hospital maximum duration of 5 days/Nights

75 = Elevated State ( Only way I have found to control this is to meditate the life out of it. I get into a deep deep meditative state starting with an hour long sunrise meditation followed by a 2 or 3 hour walking meditation by the time I finish a sunset meditation I'm tired but unable to sleep. This phase usually lasts 3-5 days at the end of which those close to me are aware that I am in elevated state. My FB activity explodes and sometimes I need a place to dump shit. See snooker thread. I pissed a few of the regulars off on that thread over the last 10 days or so and I hope this trip report goes some way towards explaining how and why it happened.

50 = Normal ( I'm not there yet I'm still at about 60 . A good nights sleep tonight will see me back at 50 tomorrow )

25 Manic Depressive state ( I've been here for Five years now since I returned from DZB in west cork . This state is ugly and not for the faint hearted. The longer you stay in this state the worse it gets. Inability to shower or bathe my pb is 5 months .... Inability to brush your teeth pb 3/4 weeks involves sleeping on a couch under a duvet fully clothed and repeat and rinse..... Inability to change underwear and socks etc.

I went from 25 to 75 in the last 14 days. (Just wish it hadn't taken 5 years )

I went up to Greencastle to a 75 yr old retire guard who is an alcoholic He has been flat out at it since September last year his drug of choice is brandy . He started his detox this morning in preparation for his operation next week. The contrast between the life I've had for the last 5 years resulted in the two level jump in the mood levels .

Conclusion : Full blown hypomanic episode number 7 is still on the horizon where it belongs. I'm tired and will eventually sleep tonight. I'm in my parents house after a 2 hour bath during which I shaved off every hair on my body that I could see or reach. The last hair to go will be the eyebrows which I won't do until I go back to Greencastle for good in two weeks time. The Inishowen Meditation Centre is situated on the beach adjacent to Greencastle Golf Club. IPBers in the top half of the country will start to see signage shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                  Do it. Sicken the haters plz.
                  https://m.(.)imgur.com/a/ltIZvZZ6

Feck . Can someone fix this image . Blind with the reading glasses .

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 07-05-19, 22:33.

Comment

That corner Liverpool scored world have been rehearsed wouldn't it?
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      I don't know but it was fkin brilliant

Comment

No!

Actual, not worked on, actual football

The auld school stufffff

Would be called a moment of genius if it was art or the likes

Comment

No way. Just the young lad Trent absolutely focused while nobody else was paying attention. Even Origi wasnt looking when he whipped in the ball, just finished it on instinct. Really hard to describe how amazing that goal is. Phenomenal stuff

Comment

Said it was just an instintivice piece of play in an interview after the game. (5.20 asked the question)

Just listen to the atmosphere as the referee blew the final whistle to confirm Liverpool's 4-0 second-leg comeback over Barcelona to reach the Champions Leag...

Opr

Comment

Spare a thought for poor Dobby who lost a ticket for a ticket for the European Cup Final tonight.

At least I saved him €300 by talking him out of booking the flights over the weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                No way. Just the young lad Trent absolutely focused while nobody else was paying attention. Even Origi wasnt looking when he whipped in the ball, just finished it on instinct. Really hard to describe how amazing that goal is. Phenomenal stuff
                                Just quoting cause I want to thank a Dobby post twice

Considering reading one once is usually a chore, thanking it twice is a bit of a stretch

Comment

@limpwhacker do you take medication to control it? (also thought at beginning it was a Liverpool related post and was curious where the match euphoria rated on manic scale).

Comment

It's whatever a fucking clock in the morning and I'm still gigging away like a fucktard, eventually the doorman will have to fuck me out despite the club selling laughing gas on tap

Not drunk mind, too happy to get drunk

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                      It's whatever a fucking clock in the morning and I'm still gigging away like a fucktard, eventually the doorman will have to fuck me out despite the club selling laughing gas on tap

Not drunk mind, too happy to get drunk
                                      Klopp is a beautiful bastard.
                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                        @limpwhacker do you take medication to control it? (also thought at beginning it was a Liverpool related post and was curious where the match euphoria rated on manic scale).
                                        I was taken to my first psychiatrist when I 12. Met my second when I was 17 after slitting my wrists and genuinely wanting to bale the fck out. I had been in active addiction for 10 years at that stage . I carried out the first of 40/50 bank robberies at the age of 15 the net was closing in at 17 or so I thought. We lived over a bank and there was no cctv back then. Didn't encounter my next psychiatrist until i was 37. Hadn't gambled for the intervening 15 years got married had 3 kids. I undertook a 3 year project to diversify away from the packaging business into the secure storage business . I was under enormous pressure for the entirety of the project which overran by 9 months. Had my first full blown hypomanic episode which resulted in 5 days and nights in Bolton psychiatric hospital. The day my wife collected me told me that she didn't think our marriage would survive this. It was over within 12 months. We divvied it up and she bought a house with hers I spunked off 150k within 12 months declared myself bankrupt in the U.K. and returned home to a Heros welcome as you can imagine at my parents house. I had brief interaction with psychiatrist obviously with hypos 2-6. My last and final psychiatrist was in Monaghan . I attended for two years . I took epilum olonzapine and anti depressants . Two years down the line both of us agreed that there was absolutely no change. I binned the meds and her about 2/3 years ago. I completed 1 of a 4 year counselling in cit in cork when I was there. Picking up where I left off in September in Derry. Hope this answers your ?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                          on the 0-100 scale match euphoria 80-85 imo

Comment

I slept like a new born after I posted the trip report . I got up when I woke had a cup of tea and a couple of slices of toast and did a half hour listening meditation as I smoked a fag out the window and am going to sleep now. Next time I wake up the mini hypo as I describe them will have passed.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                              Klopp is a beautiful bastard.
                                              He kinda is, isn't he? Mucho charisma.

Can't be a real German, must have been fathered by an Italian sailor\Georgie Burgess.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by JamieCarra View Post
                                                Spare a thought for poor Dobby who lost a ticket for a ticket for the European Cup Final tonight.

At least I saved him €300 by talking him out of booking the flights over the weekend!
                                                Meh. A deal is a deal. Enjoy Madrid

Comment

The sour grapes are killing my taste buds this morning. Despite the fact I got my 2nd ever 66 to 1 shot up (55s plus price boost) I still feel dirty for backing them. (which is more than the millions of pool crazy feckers posting on social media last night did) . I told some guys in work to do likewise but they were still brooding over Kompanys goal. I can’t believe people didn’t suspect this was coming. Barca are worse travellers than the the nighmares of IRLKEV.

So a sizable bet has gone on Ajax to win it. Meanwhile to all the middle aged men washing the jizz off themselves this morning. Spare a thought for Mrs Dalglish getting hopped on by mouldy King Kenny last night. Nobody ever thinks of the victims of these events.

Comment

this is awesome

Watch "Desktop 2019.05.07 - 14.04.16.01.mp4_1" on Streamable.
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Water's gone punk.

With $1.6 million in fresh seed funding led by Science Inc., co-founder and CEO Mike Cessario is ready to bring Liquid Death, his direct-to-consumer canned water startup, to prime time. That's right: Despite the name, Liquid Death is nothing but good old fashioned H2O, served in a tallboy can.

Cessario is familiar with eye-catching marketing, having worked on viral promotions for Netflix original series like "House of Cards," "Stranger Things," and "Narcos." He tapped into his background playing in punk and heavy metal bands to come up with Liquid Death, because "nothing's better than water at murdering your thirst."

"When we first started, we wondered why is it that products and [consumer packaged goods] products have to play by these 1950's bland and boring rules, while other entertainment things can play by much more fun rules," Cessario told Business Insider.

The former Netflix creative director's new venture is backed by tech notables including Dollar Shave Club founder & CEO Michael Dubin, Twitter co-founder Biz Stone, and Jen Rubio, co-founder of buzzy luggage startup Away. Tuesday's round brings Cessario's total raised to $2.25 million.

Cessario's "straight edge" contemporaries were looking for a water brand that spoke to them, instead of to "Whole Foods yoga moms," as he puts it. Straight-edge punks are completely sober, Cessario said, but still otherwise all-in on the punk lifestyle.

"Red Bull blurs the lines, are they an energy drinks company or action sports brand?" Cessario said. "You just don't see that in the health space and with the healthy brands. I don't drink soda or energy drinks, and neither do most of my friends."

Liquid Death is only available online. Interested customers, punk and not, can purchase the sustainably-sourced Austrian water in 12-packs of tall boy cans. Cessario explained that, although straight-edgers were who his company initially designed for, he's still selling a product — that is, water — that appeals to any demographic.

"Initially some of our thinking was, we wanted to take more inspiration from the beer category because one thing we know in marketing is if you want younger people to want something you have to market to people in their 20s because teens want the thing they can't have," Cessario said. "At first we knew the easiest crowd for us is anyone into heavy metal, punk rock, and that kind of world because they immediately get the joke and get the humor and have never seen anything like it. What makes this appealing for such a large group is that it feels like a niche thing."

Aside from Liquid Death's marketing, Cessario believes the punk community will also appreciate the brand's eco-conscious stance. According to Cessario, aluminum cans are cooler looking than boxed or bottled water, and also more environmentally friendly. Liquid Death plans to donate $0.05 from every can sold to help clean up plastic garbage from the ocean.

"If you think about it, it makes sense, everything metal and punk is extreme," Cessario said. "Being vegan is extreme, protesting the deforestation is extreme. There are more vegans at a heavy metal show than Taylor Swift show. We are by far the most sustainable option for packaged water, which is a big driver for why people want to buy from us."

After only two months on the market, Cessario said his team will continue to focus on plain non-carbonated canned water but is open to the idea of taking on other popular water brands like Hint and LaCroix in future expansions.

"In 2019, if you want to communicate this is small and craft you have to look and sound and do things that a big company would never do," Cessario said. "Everything we've done so far has been so scrappy, and we're excited to continue scaling our efforts, especially marketing."
                                                      Thirst-killing mountain water. Eco-friendly cans. Available only at Amazon and http://www.liquiddeath.com ---------------------------DIRECTOR: WILL CARSOLAWR...

Not satire.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                          Cheers. Absolutely love Taskmaster. As a family, it's our favorite TV show.
                                                          Only started watching it a month ago.
                                                          Definitely worth catching up with for anyone who hasn't seen it.

New series starts tonight on Dave at 9pm, not the most appealing cast at first glance though.

Comment

Hitch have you actually got into the meat and bones of that show? The first episode was decent but it really decended after that and I think I barely made it to the 3rd episode.

First episode of New HBO mini series about Chernobyl is very good.

On April 26, 1986, the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine, Soviet Union suffered a massive explosion that released radioactive material across Belarus,...

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              Making enquiries about a replica Eames chair. I feel it is my destiny.

Ordered.

Definitely on a seating-related\new gaff buzz at present as have one of these bad boys arriving tomorrow. Allegedly for the kids, muhahahaha.

Just need a garden recliner now and my ass should be well catered for in all departments.

Comment

Annette Obrestad is now a makeup youtuber.

Opr

Comment

Liverpool FC's heroics in the Champions League against Barcelona showed that, even when "your European opposition have got you beat," Britain can still prevail, Prime Minister Theresa May said

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    I thought this was a made up joke quote

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr

Comment

How do you get the HBO stuff here? Black Monday looks a bit like trading places from the advert...

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                        Annette Obrestad is now a makeup youtuber.

Opr
                                                                        No amount of make up would help there I'm afraid.....

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                          No amount of make up would help there I'm afraid.....
                                                                          Pretty shitty comment. Basically something you expect to read from the bottomfeeders commenting on youtube.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                            How do you get the HBO stuff here? Black Monday looks a bit like trading places from the advert...
                                                                            I still torrent most of the shows I watch. It is a pretty easy painless way to get them even if you haven't done it before. I am sure there are a mutitude of streaming sites that you can watch them on too. Just google, reddit + streaming tv shows sites to find the latest ones.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                              Pretty shitty comment. Basically something you expect to read from the bottomfeeders commenting on youtube.

Opr

Comment

Can anyone who has Sam/jbravados phone please pass on my to him and ask him to get in touch. I'm in Dublin on Friday.
                                                                                Last edited by 6starpool; 08-05-19, 18:06. Reason: Edited to remove phone number

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                                                                  Can anyone who has Sam/jbravados phone please pass on my to him and ask him to get in touch it's Brian I'm in Dublin on Friday.
                                                                                  Would suggest you delete your phone number and just send him a PM

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                                                                    Can anyone who has Sam/jbravados phone please pass on my to him and ask him to get in touch it's Brian. I'm in Dublin on Friday.
                                                                                    Sent it to him there

Comment

There isn't enough outrage over virgin media's theft of Wednesday night Champions league from poor saorview viewers.
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                        Sent it to him there
                                                                                        I've deleted his number from the post as you've sent it.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                          There isn't enough outrage over virgin media's theft of Wednesday night Champions league from poor saorview viewers.
                                                                                          And sky viewers too. Buncha cunce.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                            Not for those of us paying a tenner a month for virgin. Been an absolute delight. Their group stage coverage of showing every minute of every game was top class

Comment

Am pretty sure Chernobyl is been shown on Sky Atlantic if people have that. Not sure about Black Monday but think they have a lot of HBO stuff

Ajax one up on the night. Virgin Media Sport, free as part of the basic Virgin TV package has been amazing this season. Every minute of every group game.

Comment

Also, just forked out 1700 quid on wine for the wedding.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not the end of the world and I managed to get a very good deal (about 35% reduction on RRP) on some nice wines but it still brought a tear to me eye spending 1700 quid on wine knowing I'm only going to get to drink about 45 quids worth of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                  Am pretty sure Chernobyl is been shown on Sky Atlantic if people have that. Not sure about Black Monday but think they have a lot of HBO stuff

Ajax one up on the night. Virgin Media Sport, free as part of the basic Virgin TV package has been amazing this season. Every minute of every group game.
                                                                                                  4-0 @ 40 3-0 @ 20s

Comment

4-0 @ 40 3-0 @ 20s
                                                                                                    You get on that? Nice sweat if you did.

3-0 down to 4/1, 4-0 down to 10/1

Comment

Also, just forked out 1700 quid on wine for the wedding.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not the end of the world and I managed to get a very good deal (about 35% reduction on RRP) on some nice wines but it still brought a tear to me eye spending 1700 quid on wine knowing I'm only going to get to drink about 45 quids worth of it.
                                                                                                      Hopefully you'll have a few bottles left over at the end of the night and be tipping away at them the year after. Seems to be the way of these things.
                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Jongens, het is Schpursch

Comment

4-0 @ 40 3-0 @ 20s
                                                                                                          What bet did you do yesterday? Liverpool to get through or 4-0 to Liverpool? Was it 50-1? Some muppet at work was saying 500 to 1 which made me lol

Comment

So CL Final is Fenway Sports Corporation FC vs Ajax (barring a bigger miracle than last night).

One club owned by, well Fenway Sports Corp. The other 73% owned by its members.

One club's roster populated by footballing mercenaries who doubtless couldn't have pointed to Liverpool on a map prior to signing. The other almost fully populated by young players nursed through a superb underage system.

Seems an absolute no-brainer for any sports fan with a shred of integrity who to shout for.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                              What bet did you do yesterday? Liverpool to get through or 4-0 to Liverpool? Was it 50-1? Some muppet at work was saying 500 to 1 which made me lol
                                                                                                              10 on liverpool to win 4-0 55s boosted to 66 to 1. Cashed out though when the 4th went in, 350

Comment

You get on that? Nice sweat if you did.

3-0 down to 4/1, 4-0 down to 10/1
                                                                                                                bit o sweat, can die with a Spurs goal but the game needs it

and thats it, ok come on Spurs
                                                                                                                Last edited by Solksjaer!; 08-05-19, 20:17.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                  Only started watching it a month ago.
                                                                                                                  Definitely worth catching up with for anyone who hasn't seen it.

New series starts tonight on Dave at 9pm, not the most appealing cast at first glance though.
                                                                                                                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taskma...ries)#Series_8
                                                                                                                  I actually bumped in to The creator of the show on Monday at topgolf in Watford and almost shouted "it's little Alex Horn"

Comment

Bejaybers

Comment

best comeback ever

Comment

Hotspur ripping out the pages of his mindfulness book and chewing furiously

Comment

Champions league just fucking delivers. This is unreal

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X