Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    Fella, don't make the mistake of pissing away good quality Pagan rituals just because the Catholics co-opted them

*For a start, used right they are proof that it's all bollox... that and the chocolate etc

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Ah get over yerself! We have been celebrating the coming of spring for thousands of years longer than the church has been around.
      GFYL would have done

GFYL

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
        It’s a long time since I’ve seen anything as cringeworthy as the two boys obsession with Daniel Negreanu. Trying to score off him at every opportunity. I don’t like the man either but it’s humiliating to watch them carry on like small children
        Will run for a while yet id say

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          That's a great explainer!
          They publish some great videos tbf.

Here's one on Chinese dominance that you'll enjoy:

SPOILER

Comment

Somebody is going to get killed 'driving' one of those stupid electric toy scooters in town.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
              One of my favourites was regarding the bank accounts. The Treasurer of the FAI was asked about the number of bank accounts held by the FAI. He thought they had one bank account. After a lot of consultation, they advised they actually had 24 bank accounts. Twenty fucking four. But the Treasurer only thought there was one..
              I think it's weird he said 1 account, rather than "I haven't a clue". But it's not weird that he didn't know how many.

If I was asked on the spot how many bank accounts I have I wouldnt know.
              6-8?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                ^^ That black hole video shows Mauna Kea volcano in Hawaii. I haven't seen or heard that name since a childhood picture encyclopaedia I had which revealed it to be the tallest mountain in the world, but much of it is below the sea. A mile taller than Everest.

I don't know why I was so taken with it. It must have had a nice colourful photo.
                I had a similar encyclopaedia that made the same claim about underwater mountain being taller than Everest. Never really understood that one. Everest isn't floating on the water. If you measure from the bottom of the Indian Ocean it's surely taller.

There is a volcano in Equcador whose peak is further from the centre of the earth. Thstvone has a claim imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  Somebody is going to get killed 'driving' one of those stupid electric toy scooters in town.
                  They are infuriating.
                  Not regulated at all and it's literally going to take someone to get killed or seriously hurt before anything is done.
                  They crawl along. Pushing every cyclist possible into traffic. Hate them

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                    They are infuriating.
                    Not regulated at all and it's literally going to take someone to get killed or seriously hurt before anything is done.
                    Saw a Garda confiscate one yesterday on Long Mile Road, chap had been using the cycle lane. Not sure on what grounds he can do so tho?

Comment

I bought one for curiosity sake. Terribly uncomfortable way to travel, horrendously built, and virtually impossibly to change a tube if you get a puncture. Good fun if you remove the speed limiter though.

Comment

All over Tel Aviv, restrictors removed as Zuutroy mentioned.

I haven't seen them in town yet but have they started attaching phone holders on them here?
                        Very popular accessories in Tel Aviv, people texting away on them.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                          Saw a Garda confiscate one yesterday on Long Mile Road, chap had been using the cycle lane. Not sure on what grounds he can do so tho?
                          They don't meet any of the regulations set out for use of a mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place. This has been the case for a long time. There's no grey area... they simply aren't (currently) legal to use on the public road.
                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

There's a couple of them on my cycle route in the mornings. Both have their restrictors removed and go ridiculously fast. One of the geniuses doesn't wear a helmet.

Also have a guy with a uniwheel a fair bit

Comment

Julian Assange out of the embassy, arrested, and expected to appear in magistrates court in the afternoon.

Comment

a big problem with those scooters it that the driver is not able to make hand signals safely, not that the type of cunce that drive them would anyway
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                  They don't meet any of the regulations set out for use of a mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place. This has been the case for a long time. There's no grey area... they simply aren't (currently) legal to use on the public road.
                                  Saw a thing on TV the other night where one was stopped by Guards and the wanker driver took extracts from the Road Traffic Act out of his pocket , started quoting them at the Guards and they let him off, driving away on his scooter in the bike lane!

Comment

One guy was explicitly told by the DoT that they were legal and posted his communications online.

Comment

a big problem with those scooters it that the driver is not able to make hand signals safely, not that the type of cunce that drive them would anyway
                                      Yeah, genius this am bombing along and swerving in/out in exaggerated fashion. Almost got creamed by a taxi.

Wasted my ONE TIME on that one.
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Saw a thing on TV the other night where one was stopped by Guards and the wanker driver took extracts from the Road Traffic Act out of his pocket , started quoting them at the Guards and they let him off, driving away on his scooter in the bike lane!
                                        so they are legal?
                                        Might get one so
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                          Julian Assange out of the embassy, arrested, and expected to appear in magistrates court in the afternoon.

rough looking 47
                                          Already conspiracies about the Vidal book he's carrying
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I highly doubt your company has two bank accounts. Most individuals even have three-four bank accounts when you take into account savings. Mortgages usually have a separate account number - so *technically* that's another bank account. For companies often loans are run through separate bank accounts. There will probably be some reserves bank accounts, such as for accumulating VAT and tax due. They just don't seem like extra bank accounts as they are run off the main account. I'd say that's what happened today - they use one main bank account, and like in your case that's probably what he was thinking of - and then the lawyers had a word and said 'well technically...'
                                            I stand corrected - We have 3 bank A/c's. I was talking to the FC this morning and there was a look of horror on his face when I told him the FAI have 24. He couldn't get his head around why any organisation, especially of that size would have that kind of number
                                            Last edited by Lao Lao; 11-04-19, 12:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                              They are infuriating.
                                              Mrs Lao Lao has been banging on about them for a few months now and about how they would be great to cut her 35 minute commute by foot to about 10 minutes by scooter although she reckoned she'd get the piss ripped out of her in work for using one.

Had done zero research on them but was thinking of getting her one for her birthday later this year but may also throw in a life insurance policy while I'm at it, it'd be like a present for us both

Comment

You can have mine complete with front wheel puncture for a bargain price.

Comment

Throw in a life insurance policy and you have a deal!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Everyone here uses those scooters. Depends, as with all these things, how careful drivers clogging up the roads with their cars are.
                                                      Lots of abandoned ones in Paris that the tourists discard after the battery runs out. Seem like a bitaskit.

Comment

Comment

100% Definitely, anything over 5/6 hours is worth considering premium economy. Its the first area to get bumped up to business as well if economy is oversold.
                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Best option to watch the live content thats only available US on the Masters site. Think i bought tunnelbear last year but can't fully remember or anything handier ?

Comment

All knowing BBV, can anyone recommend a service that will do up my CV for me?

I've been in the same job for almost six years and it is time for a change of job and industry! I struggle to talk about myself and the wishy washy accomplishments achieved during the course of my time with this company.

I'm more than happy to pay a company or an individual to spend the time talking to me, asking the pertinent questions and returning to me with as good a CV as is possible, I just would rather choose a company based on a referral.

Thanks
                                                              Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Also regarding the earlier talk of bank accounts, we have 68 bank across split across 22 legal entities, less than 40 people are employed in the company

The CFO would be aware that there is a lot of bank accounts, but maybe not the exact figure.
                                                                Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Dead stray cat in the garden. Who ya gonna call?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                    Satnav, she'll dump it in the bin for ya... Or is that only live ones?

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                      Best option to watch the live content thats only available US on the Masters site. Think i bought tunnelbear last year but can't fully remember or anything handier ?
                                                                      sorted tunnelbear it was

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                        100% Definitely, anything over 5/6 hours is worth considering premium economy. Its the first area to get bumped up to business as well if economy is oversold.
                                                                        What's the upside if you're a shortarse?

Comment

Sports currently half price... Just saying. For 6 months.
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

I presume for €300 extra return cost on a ten hour flight that premium economy is worth it? It's on an American Airlines 787 if that makes a difference.
                                                                            Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                            I'm not going to object if someone else is paying but I think its the greatest pricktease racket of all time and haven't ever been in a PE seat that I would have payed any extra for myself.
                                                                            Can't remember all of the PE seats I've been in (never with American) but BA and Virgin stand out as having remarkably little to offer over economy.
                                                                            Airmiles and the very remote possibility of getting bumped up are the only possible advantages IMO comfort edge is miniscule and the concept is designed to salve the ego's of the golf club types who feel physical pain when forced to sit with the plebs and not have anyone to look down on
                                                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 11-04-19, 16:34.

Comment

If anyone has a VLC player and wants a link to Masters I can give

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                What's the upside if you're a shortarse?
                                                                                Less people sharing area with you, hugely reduced risk of a fat yanks bingo wings resting against your head. Isnt as bad a bang of BO as in economy after 10 hrs.

Comment

I'm not going to object if someone else is paying but I think its the greatest pricktease racket of all time and haven't ever been in a PE seat that I would have payed any extra for myself.
                                                                                  Can't remember all of the PE seats I've been in (never with American) but BA and Virgin stand out as having remarkably little to offer over economy.
                                                                                  Airmiles and the very remote possibility of getting bumped up are the only possible advantages IMO comfort edge is miniscule and the concept is designed to salve the ego's of the golf club types who feel physical pain when forced to sit with the plebs and not have anyone to look down on
                                                                                  We flew Heathrow to LA last year in PE, (I did want to try upstairs on the A380 tbf) but it was 95% for space reasons. 2 of us sitting in a row with room to get in and out made moving and stretching easier. I am size of a gorilla so the space factor maybe benefits me more than slighter folk.

Comment

Where do you live? DSPCA in Dublin obvs. ISPCA or local council if anywhere else I guess

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

For dead animals? Would you not just bury it
                                                                                          If it was my animal, yes. Didn't sound like it was Zuutroys so not his problem.

Comment

Have access via my mates SkyGo account. Sweet.

Hasn't worked for me in a couple of years but working perfectly on the new laptop.
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                              If it was my animal, yes. Didn't sound like it was Zuutroys so not his problem.
                                                                                              Unless it's microchipped it is his problem. Bury it. I think you're supposed to put it 1.2m down, but half that is plenty imo.
                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                Unless it's microchipped it is his problem. Bury it. I think you're supposed to put it 1.2m down, but half that is plenty imo.
                                                                                                Meh, effort of that. Call someone or lob it in next door lol

Comment

...

Comment

Anyone read Neuromancer - thoughts?

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/888628.Neuromancer
                                                                                                    Modern classic, hugely influencial, people absolutely rave about it.

Didn't think much of it myself! But I would admit it is probably worth a try as I'm the only one who seems to hold this opinion.

Comment

The fact that it's kicking about 40 years and has multiple awards is a good sign. I've only ever heard that it's great but haven't read it. I think it created the cyberpunk genre? It won't hold you by the hand, it's high paced confusion. The writer "justified that choice by saying that the rate of new technology, new environments etc. is so high (and ever accelerating) that nobody reads manuals etc. - you just try to run with it and hope to catch up as you go. This is true also with Neuromancer.".

That kind of style reminds me of Gardens of the Moon, where I had no fucking idea what was happening but as you go on in the series and understand more it is amazing.

Choosing a book for my bookclub atm, thinking of something like Sapiens should be a safe bet but dunno.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 11-04-19, 19:12.

Comment

...

Comment

Tiger needs a hair transplant

Comment

Got the Qwertees 'mystery selection' where you don't know what you're getting but it's only €4 a t-shirt. Rather fantastic selection of six tees that wouldn't have gone out and picked. +1
                                                                                                            I found myself lately turning away from qwertee style tshirts as my wardrobe hasn't much changed in style since my mid twenties (graphic tee and shirt). I'm finding myself more and more in an environment where my style of dress is not discouraged but I feel sometimes like I need to prove meself in a meeting full of blazers and suits. I'm already kinda on the back foot not being part of the rugby schools crowd that seems to be ubiquitous in my current arena.
                                                                                                            I'm not happy with the fact that I found myself recently admiringly fingering a pair of chinos in M&S and cooing over a nice Oxford shirt.
                                                                                                            I'm becoming everything I ever hated
                                                                                                            Last edited by DeadParrot; 11-04-19, 20:39.

Comment

I went to see Pet Sematary tonight so I would advise being careful where you bury it (and not to see the film either).

I apologise for the drop in quality but a possible Tyler Durden sighting last night at College Green around 7:40pm. Was using a being with a child as a cover to cast doubt. But I am on to him. As ever stay frosty Where Was Tyler Durden fans!

Comment

Are they still saying kuuuuuch or are they now booing him for being a stingy cunt?

Comment

Hectorjelly wrote a good post about Neuromancer in the book thread

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                      Hectorjelly wrote a good post about Neuromancer in the book thread
                                                                                                                      Can't see it? See one where he said it was his favourite book and he's read it 10 times though

Comment

...

Comment

Just had a look,Lads those Qwertee t shirts are horrendous. Slogan t shirts are just a bad bad decision, full stop. You would look far more professional wearing a sports jersey, especially something like the beautiful new Paul galvin designed Kerry away jersey , a look equally at home in the boardroom or on an evening of cocktails with a big client

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X