Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    Derry hardly a tough prospect these days. Didn't they drop down to division 4?
    Yeah if Kildare can't beat Derry they have absolutely no business playing football this summer.

That being said London would have been a nice handy one to get your season back up and running.
    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
      Imagine taking a moral stance to your own detriment in society, must be quite tough. I can't imagine it, unsung heroes

You need to get on that small minority dictator train.
      Just ignore the fact that most of your plant food is created using bone and blood meal fertilizer
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
        Yeah if Kildare can't beat Derry they have absolutely no business playing football this summer.

That being said London would have been a nice handy one to get your season back up and running.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
          I remember when Meath were considered good at football
          Sean Kavanagh on the Sunday Game:

"I hear Colm O'Rourke is looking for Longford to be split in two now"

First time I've ever really loved a Tyrone man.

Comment

Anyone looking for a ticket for LCD Soundsystem in Malahide Castle next week?

Comment

're kildare

Wasn't oneill the trainer on some tv program who had the players wearing the virtual ocular shite in training? Players would wear thin with that bollixology fairly fast. If I'm not mistaken he left Kerry because he wanted a bigger say in how the team played even though he was hired as their physical trainer. Got a bit above his station I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                're kildare

Wasn't oneill the trainer on some tv program who had the players wearing the virtual ocular shite in training? Players would wear thin with that bollixology fairly fast. If I'm not mistaken he left Kerry because he wanted a bigger say in how the team played even though he was hired as their physical trainer. Got a bit above his station I reckon.
                I'd imagine that could be for TV though, I doubt any intercounty team is employing VR regularly.

That said GAA teams are definitely embracing a more analytical approach to the game which I wouldn't oppose.
                If there is something that offers a potential edge why not employ it or at least offer it?

Comment

Kerry have fallen off a cliff in terms of physical preparation since he left imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                    Kerry have fallen off a cliff in terms of physical preparation since he left imo.
                    Was just gonna say that. But like careca said he wanted more say in the team. I'd have loved to see him stay in the Kerry camp. We know now he's a shite manager but he's a fantastic fitness coach. We used to have the Kerry team in the hotel I worked for after training meals. His attention to detail was scary. He'd be in with the chefs inspecting everything.

Comment

just did my first "Escape the room" with the family. smashed it with 4 minutes to spare. Really good fun but it flies by. Hard to believe this mission only had a 40% success rate as it wasn't particularly tricky.

will definitely do more.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                        just did my first "Escape the room" with the family. smashed it with 4 minutes to spare. Really good fun but it flies by. Hard to believe this mission only had a 40% success rate as it wasn't particularly tricky.

will definitely do more.
                        Details? If it means I can imprison family in a locked room, deffo in.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Details? If it means I can imprison family in a locked room, deffo in.
                          cluequest in London (kings cross). You're locked in a room with a mission to do before escaping. usually one hour.Lots of clues, keys, codes to find or work out, and a number of rooms (ours had 3) to open up and work your way through.

Loads of them in London, no doubt quite a few in Dublin also (Tar probably knows the best ones). There are some easier ones just for kids, so technically you can just lock your kids away and be fine about it!

Comment

...World cup predictions competition...

...Thinking of running a predictions competition for the World cup, provided there is enough interest in it...Plan is to give points for correct results, correct scores, last 16 at etc...Probably be a decent bit of work but happy to run it myself and update every day or 2 to keep it interesting...Reckon €30/40/50, whatever suits...
                            ...Only thing is, I'd like to send it to someone before it's official just to get a 2nd eye to make sure the points awarded are grand before I run it...
                            ...So if interested thank this post...
                            Last edited by luckforsome; 28-05-18, 15:59.

Comment

Where the recommended IPB suit shop these days?

Wedding in a couple of weeks but would also like it for client meetings etc.

Budget of about €350/€400.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                ...Thinking of running a predictions competition for the World cup, provided there is enough interest in it...Plan is to give points for correct results, correct scores, last 16 at etc...Probably be a decent bit of work but happy to run it myself and update every day or 2 to keep it interesting...Reckon €30/40/50, whatever suits...
                                ...Only thing is, I'd like to send it to someone before it's official just to get a 2nd eye to make sure the points awarded are grand before I run it...
                                ...So if interested thank this post...
                                I want to do one for work too, and looked at so many different options online but none can do what i want it to do for group selections. I'm guessing it is going to be a lot of manual work, but if you find something easy, let me know Otherwise it will be off to Excel i go to make something!
                                Last edited by Flushdraw; 28-05-18, 17:06.

Comment

A sweepstake with a few options for winning would be good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                    Pretty sure he came up with Finkel. Quiet, shy nice lad.

I want to do one for work too, and looked at so many different options online but none can do what i want it to do for group selections. I'm guessing it is going to be a lot of manual work, but if you find something easy, let me know Otherwise it will be off to Excel i go to make something![/QUOTE]
                                    ..I've made one for my self, but is on Excel and it is manual entry, none of That pivot shite that's used by RDIII...I had actually sent you a pm about asking for your opinion on it, still waiting on a reply ...

Comment

in for this distinctly inferior competition offering
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                        Where the recommended IPB suit shop these days?

Wedding in a couple of weeks but would also like it for client meetings etc.

Budget of about €350/€400.
                                        Moss bros dundrum sc not bad

Comment

The battle is on for conscientious objections in the abortion legislation. Hopefully a full list of the doctors agreeing to perform these procedures will be available.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                            I'm going to Skellig Michael on Monday, gonna hit for KY tomorrow, any suggestions of somewhere to stay tomorrow evening that isn't Killarney. Somewhere quaint where I might get a few drinks and a local session or something like that would be ideal. I am tight on time tomorrow but if there was somewhere cool to stop en route id consider it so am open to suggestions?
                                            Where did you end up? How was the Skellig trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              One million in non-sequential fivers.
                                              "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                              "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                Hopefully a full list of the doctors agreeing to perform these procedures will be available.
                                                Ok, I'll bite, why would that be required? How's your investigation into voter fraud going?

Comment

The battle is on for conscientious objections in the abortion legislation. Hopefully a full list of the doctors agreeing to perform these procedures will be available.
                                                  So you can threaten them?

Comment

Well I wouldn't be threatening anyone as that is illegal.

I would however be using my right to spend my money where I want.

Comment

Well I wouldn't be threatening anyone as that is illegal.

I would however be using my right to spend my money where I want.

Well how about a list of the objectors? It would be shorter. Then you could have a bit of positivity in your life and focus on who you want to give money to instead

Comment

There was some GP on the radio this evening getting a bit hysterical and claiming that himself and 'hundreds' of other GP's would give up their careers in medicine if they were required by the proposed conscientious opt out clause to refer patients who wanted abortion services on to a colleague who would provide the service instead.
                                                        He was fairly left flapping in the wind when the interviewer told him that the IFPA were proposing to publish a list of doctors and clinics who would provide the legislated for services.

Comment

College medical students will need to be protected as well.

Comment

...Ok so now have 172 people interested in the world cup prediction comp, so it's a go...Couple of amateur questions...
                                                            ...I have all the info on an excel sheet, what is the best way to distribute this, is it through email or is there an option to send excel on IPB...
                                                            ...Also, I still need one kind soul to double check my scoring system as it may be shite...

Comment

...Also, fair play to Karius playing for Liverpool on a Saturday then Ireland tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                A sweepstake with a few options for winning would be good too.
                                                                25euro a head with the following prizes, any interest? Open to suggestions..

Winner 200
                                                                runner up 100
                                                                Fastest goal 100
                                                                First red card 100
                                                                Most goals scored 100
                                                                Most goals conceded 100
                                                                Knocking England out 50
                                                                Nationality of Golden boot 50

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                  Well how about a list of the objectors? It would be shorter. Then you could have a bit of positivity in your life and focus on who you want to give money to instead
                                                                  It doesn't really make a difference really but generally you don't list providers of things by who doesn't do it but by who does do it.

Comment

This is the one I run in work. Might still tweak a bit.

€10 euro entry to be submitted with selection no later than Wed 13th June 4pm

1-10 Winner takes all
                                                                    11-20 Top two 65% 35%
                                                                    21+ Top 3 60% 30% 10%

How to enter
                                                                    1. Pick one team from each of the four sweep groups below
                                                                    2. Pick one goal scorer from each of the four sweep groups below (has to be from group not necessarily the team you picked)
                                                                    3. Predict the number of Goals Scored in the tournament including goals scored in extra time and third place playoff but not penalty shootouts
                                                                    4. Predict the number of Red Cards shown in the tournament
                                                                    5. Predict the number of Yellow Cards shown in the tournament

Scoring
                                                                    Team

1 pt for runner up in group
                                                                    2pts for winning group
                                                                    1 pt for last 16 win
                                                                    1 pt for qtr final win
                                                                    1 pts for semi-final win
                                                                    2 pts for final win
                                                                    2 Pts if you picked the team\one of the teams that scored most goals
                                                                    -2pts if you picked a team that gets no points in group stages
                                                                    -2pts if you picked one of the teams the conceded most goals

Player
                                                                    1 pt for every goal scored by a player you picked
                                                                    1 pt if you pick they player that wins the Golden Boot
                                                                    -1pt if one of your players gets only one yellow card in a game
                                                                    -2 pts if one of your players gets a red card in a game

Predictions
                                                                    3 pts for closest to correct number goals scored, 2 pts for next closest, 1 point for next closest.
                                                                    3 pts for closest to correct number of red cards, 2 pts for next closest, 1 point for next closest.
                                                                    3 pts for closest to correct number of yellow cards, 2 pts for next closest, 1 point for next closest.
                                                                    -3 pts if your predicted number of goals predication is out by 25 or more goals.

Note: If two people are closest to correct total then they get 1st + 2nd pts / 2 = 2.5 and third get 1 pts. So on for lower ties i.e. if three people are closest to third then they get .33 pts each.

Sample Entry
                                                                    Group 1 Team: Brazil
                                                                    Group 1 GS: Messi

Group 2 Team: Poland
                                                                    Group 2 GS: Robert Lewandowski

Group 3 Team: Egypt
                                                                    Group 3 GS: Salah

Group 4 Team: Iran
                                                                    Group 4 GS: Son Heung-min

Number of goals scored: 180

No. Red Cards: 10

No. Yellow Cards: 200

Sweep Groups

Sweep Group 1

Brazil

Germany

Spain

France

Argentina

Belgium

England

Portugal

Sweep Group 2

Croatia

Uruguay

Colombia

Russia

Poland

Denmark

Mexico

Switzerland

Sweep Group 3

Egypt

Sweden

Nigeria

Senegal

Serbia

Peru

Iceland

Australia

Sweep Group 4

Japan

Costa Rica

Iran

Morocco

South Korea

Tunisia

Panama

Saudi Arabia
                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

It doesn't really make a difference really but generally you don't list providers of things by who doesn't do it but by who does do it.
                                                                      If you had a sister/cousin/niece who had an abortion and you knew about it would you still speak to them? What if they were raped and wanted an abortion? How would you judge them then? If you would still speak to them, then why would you judge doctors for providing a legal service to people who need or want it?

Comment

Had considered getting into it with Jack again and then this popped into my head

SPOILER

I just wonder Jack, for clarity, are you saying you wouldn't go to a GP who prescribed abortion pills?

Comment

Plenty of people boycott things for ethical reasons. I would if I had the choice without sacrificing quality of my own treatment etc.

As regards sister/cousin/niece question of course you wouldn't ignore them I would just hope no one I know would ever feel like that was their only option.

Saw an interesting thing on a different forum (don't agree with it as I am pro life obv) but it basically goes along the lines that because a woman can choose not to be a parent and to abort a baby without any consent from a man, a man should have the ability to also decide not to be a parent and not be involved with the baby and have no financial obligation to it. Haven't heard it mentioned in that way before but if choice is what is important to the Yes voters it would seem fair it is to both sexes from their point of view.

Comment

Plenty of people boycott things for ethical reasons. I would if I had the choice without sacrificing quality of my own treatment etc.

As regards sister/cousin/niece question of course you wouldn't ignore them I would just hope no one I know would ever feel like that was their only option.

Saw an interesting thing on a different forum (don't agree with it as I am pro life obv) but it basically goes along the lines that because a woman can choose not to be a parent and to abort a baby without any consent from a man, a man should have the ability to also decide not to be a parent and not be involved with the baby and have no financial obligation to it. Haven't heard it mentioned in that way before but if choice is what is important to the Yes voters it would seem fair it is to both sexes from their point of view.
                                                                            What are your thoughts on the issue Jacko?

Comment

What are your thoughts on the issue Jacko?
                                                                              Originally Posted by jack90210 View Post

Comment

Originally Posted by jack90210 View Post

Grand so! We are all agreed that it's a bullshit position with no logical, legal or moral basis.

That ends that discussion so.

Comment

Grand so! We are all agreed that it's a bullshit position with no logical, legal or moral basis.

That ends that discussion so.
                                                                                  Well if you are "pro-choice" it would appear fair to extend the choice to both sexes.

Comment

Well if you are "pro-choice" it would appear fair to extend the choice to both sexes.
                                                                                    No, not at all. What makes you say that?

Comment

No, not at all. What makes you say that?
                                                                                      Well why is it ok for one sex to decide they don't want to have a child but not for another if they don't want to have a child? (Obviously in the context of an abortion not for health/rape reasons etc etc).

Comment

Well why is it ok for one sex to decide they don't want to have a child but not for another if they don't want to have a child?
                                                                                        That’s a truly terrible false equivalence. If a man could carry the baby then you’d have a better point. Or rather a better semi-rhetorical question that sounds reasonable if you don’t think about it too hard or apply any form of logic to it.

But try and make out an argument without framing it as a question and we can work from there if you like.

Comment

That's an astonishing admission to make for someone so deeply entrenched in their position.

Game over Jack.

Comment

That's already the position - any man who gets pregnant will also be able to get a termination within the limits of the eventual legislation.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                              That's an astonishing admission to make for someone so deeply entrenched in their position.

Game over Jack.
                                                                                              Well if 100% of the doctors in the country decide to do it I am not going to die because of it because that would be just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                That's already the position - any man who gets pregnant will also be able to get a termination within the limits of the eventual legislation.
                                                                                                That isn't possible.

The question is about a man who just decides they don't want to have a child and don't want to pay for it for example because they enjoy their current lifestyle.

Comment

I have never put anyone on ignore...but, Jack, you are killing my monday night buzz, been working weekend nights mate...leave it out.

At this stage, the healthy argument stuff...tis done, you are becoming a troll, start a thread and keep it in there, this anti shit is getting old, ruining my BBV

You came across as the other voice during the debate, and gave as good as you got. Its over...move on, noone wants to debate you anymore.

Noone better echo chamber this either, some cunt comes in spouting racist stuff that is racist, fuck "his voice" and lets try to teach them the error of their ways...wrong is wrong.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                    Stayed in Caitins in Kells. Grand spot, room over the pub. 4 grand drinks and slept like a baby. Down to Portmagee first thing this morning for the boat to Skelligs.

All I will say is put it on your list of things to do and do it. Great trip. Some drive down there but some trip.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjVf3_SH...=bigcitybanker
                                                                                                    The sleigh head drive is wonderful when the sun is shining, like today !
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

I am not going to die because of it because that would be just stupid.
                                                                                                      66.4% of voters agreed with you. Congratulations, you just made the repeals side strongest argument.

Comment

Well if 100% of the doctors in the country decide to do it I am not going to die because of it because that would be just stupid.
                                                                                                        66.4% of voters agreed with you. Congratulations, you just agreed with the repeals side strongest argument.

Comment

That isn't possible.

The question is about a man who just decides they don't want to have a child and don't want to pay for it for example because they enjoy their current lifestyle.

Comment

Give it over Jack, you've spent months insisting that you don't agree with abortion in any scenario. Do you actually expect people to believe you suddenly changed your view entirely and now actually want to award men lifestyle abortion on demand. Come off it. You are much smarter than those childish arguments.

The fact that you would even make such a statement means that you never actually understood what the referendum was about. The issue was bodily autonomy not whether or not you somebody wants to be a parent. Human being deserve the right, fundamentally, to control of their own bodies. ArmaniJeans's comment about pregnant men might have been tongue in cheek. But it's accurate. Give a man the option to enforce an abortion, gives him control over another persons body. That is not 'fair and equal', it's literally the direct opposite of what was achieved - regardless of the final act being the same.

"Now that assisted suicide is legalised, we should be allowed to kill our elderly relatives when they become a burden"

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                              Give it over Jack, you've spent months insisting that you don't agree with abortion in any scenario. Do you actually expect people to believe you suddenly changed your view entirely and now actually want to award men lifestyle abortion on demand. Come off it. You are much smarter than those childish arguments.

The fact that you would even make such a statement means that you never actually understood what the referendum was about. The issue was bodily autonomy not whether or not you somebody wants to be a parent. Human being deserve the right, fundamentally, to control of their own bodies. ArmaniJeans's comment about pregnant men might have been tongue in cheek. But it's accurate. Give a man the option to enforce an abortion, gives him control over another persons body. That is not 'fair and equal', it's literally the direct opposite of what was achieved - regardless of the final act being the same.

"Now that assisted suicide is legalised, we should be allowed to kill our elderly relatives when they become a burden"
                                                                                                              It wouldn't appear there is appetite for this debate so I will leave it after this but just to note I already said I didn't agree with it and there was absolutely nothing in my posts about forced abortions.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2057875996 Thread I saw it on. Just to point also you don't necessarily have to agree with something to debate it, its pretty much how debating societies work.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_abortion

///
                                                                                                              Last edited by jack90210; 29-05-18, 01:25.

Comment

Also, Jack I'm not trying to be condescending by saying you didn't understand the issue. It might not be genuine, but an position you are adopting. The same misunderstanding of the issue was largely the downfall of the entire no campaign. They focused too much on murdering non-existent babies and the like. Maybe they had no other choice, as I'm not sure if there is a valid counter to bodily autonomy.

Comment

I already said I didn't agree with it and there was absolutely nothing in my posts about forced abortions.
                                                                                                                  I was referring to these posts; I took it that "decide they don't want to have a child" = have an abortion. I missed the earlier post about financial support. Apologies.
                                                                                                                  Criticism of no campaign in general applies though.

Well why is it ok for one sex to decide they don't want to have a child but not for another if they don't want to have a child? (Obviously in the context of an abortion not for health/rape reasons etc etc).

A paper abortion is an entirely separate issue, and it is wrong for it's own reasons. Seeing as we both disagree with it, isn't it a moot point.

Comment

Ivanka Trump’s fashion and homewares business received initial approval from the Chinese government for five trademark applications days before her father announced a U-turn in policy on ZTE, a Chinese telecoms firm that has admitted breaking US sanctions on Iran and North Korea.
                                                                                                                    They are not even trying to pretend that this presidency is about anything else but lining their own pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      They are not even trying to pretend that this presidency is about anything else but lining their own pockets.
                                                                                                                      Link?
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Heading to Primavera tomorrow, best festival i've been to. My current timetable:

Weds 30th:

8-9.30 - Spiritualized (Auditori Rockdelux)
                                                                                                                        9-9.45 - Wolf Parade (apple stage)
                                                                                                                        10.15-11.45 Belle and Sebastian (apple stage)

Thurs 31st:

19.25-20.30 - Sparks (apple stage)
                                                                                                                        19.25-20.10 - Karen Gwyer (Bacardi Live)
                                                                                                                        20.35-21.25 - Kelela (Ray Ban)
                                                                                                                        20.50-22.00 - Dustin O Halloran (Auditori Rockdelux)
                                                                                                                        22.00-23.30 - Bjork (Seat)
                                                                                                                        23.25-00.25 - Jlin (Bacardi)
                                                                                                                        23.40-01.10 - Nick Cave (Mango)
                                                                                                                        00.40-01.40 - Vince Staples (Ray Ban)
                                                                                                                        01.45-02.45 - Nils Frahm (apple stage)
                                                                                                                        02.50-03.50 - Four Tet (Ray Ban)
                                                                                                                        04.00-05.30 - Koze (Ray Ban)

Fri 1st:

12.00-18.00 - Floating Points (Aperol)
                                                                                                                        14.00-15.00 - Stranger Things (Auditori de Barcelona - offsite)
                                                                                                                        19.00-21.00 - Liminal Soundbath (Warehouse)
                                                                                                                        19.10-20.10 - The Breeders (Mango)
                                                                                                                        20.20-21.20 - Father John Misty (Seat)
                                                                                                                        21.20-22.30 - Mogwai (apple stage)
                                                                                                                        21.30-22.45 - The National (Mango)
                                                                                                                        22.35-23.25 - Thundercat (Ray Ban)
                                                                                                                        22.40-23.25 - Ibeyi (Pirchfork)
                                                                                                                        23.30-01.00 - Daphni (Desperados)
                                                                                                                        00.00-01.00 - Mike D (Bacardi)
                                                                                                                        00.40-01.40 - Cigarettes after Sex (Ray Ban)
                                                                                                                        01.00-02.30 - Honey Dijon (Desperados)
                                                                                                                        02.15-03.15 - Arca (Pitchfork)
                                                                                                                        04.00-05.30 - The Black Madonna (Ray Ban)
                                                                                                                        04.00-05.30 - Hunee b2b Antal (Desperados)

Sat 2nd:

14.00-15.00 - Stranger Things (Auditori de Barcelona - offsite)
                                                                                                                        19.00-21.00 - Liminal Soundbath (Warehouse)
                                                                                                                        19.20-20.20 - Lift To Experience (apple stage)
                                                                                                                        20.25-21.25 - Ariel Pink (Ray Ban)
                                                                                                                        21.15-22.15 - Lykke Li (Mango)
                                                                                                                        21.30-22.30 - Slowdive (apple stage)
                                                                                                                        22.25-23.40 - Lorde (Seat)
                                                                                                                        23.50-01.30 - Arctic Monkeys (Mango)
                                                                                                                        00.10-01.10 - Oneohtrix Point Never (Bacardi)
                                                                                                                        01.30-02.30 - John Hopkins (bacardi)
                                                                                                                        02.00-04.00 - John Talabot (Desperados)
                                                                                                                        04.10-04.55 - Lindstrom (Pitchfork)

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                          Link?
                                                                                                                          On May 7, 2018, Ivanka Trump’s business received “registration” approval from the Chinese government for five trademark applications. An additional trademark also received “first trial” approval on May 6.

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 29-05-18, 08:58.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X