Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
    Totally standard.
    In France. They love queueing.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I had that before in a Tesco, bint waited until everything was scanned through, asked how much then went to the ATM.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

By no means an expert supermarketeer but surely you need to be a bit less Irish here and call her out on being an arsehole as soon as she tries it a second time?

Comment

Anyone watching Evil Genius on Netflix?

Watched two eps last night, a real mindfuck. A classic whodunnit crafted really well.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Lady in front of me at the supermarket. Shop hyper-busy as everything shuts at 1pm on Sundays. She waited for all her stuff to be checked out and then just wandered off. Came back a minute or two later with some peaches. Not a bother on her.

Those were checked out.

Then she wanders off again and a minute later appears with an orange. She'd done this four times lasting at least ten minutes before I left as they finally opened another checkout.

The thing was she looked absolutely normal middle-aged, and this was just a Tesco-like store not some hippy whole foods paradise.

It appears as if this was her first time in a supermarket

At one stage I tried glancing around the queue while this was going on with a clear look of 'are we all agreed that we bash her head in if she tries to wander off again?', but everyone was just standing there unphased.
              I was thinking about cunts yesterday.

Once upon a time some dude went to the bother of digging the earth and planting seeds, he watered them and took care of them until he had vegetables.

Next thing some cunt who was too lazy to do the same stole from him, couldn't give a shit about the hard work the farmer put in, he made a decision i am going to take what you made.

The start of conflict. The world would be such a nicer place without cunts.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Watched two eps last night, a real mindfuck. A classic whodunnit crafted really well.
                Yeah, discussed recently here. Very good although i always feel these docu series are stretched out a couple episodes too long.

If you havent already seen it you gotta see The Keepers to keep the fire burning. Absolutely terrible stuff though that projects failings of the management of the catholic church.

Im really enjoying Ugly Delicious, a foodie series on Netflix.

Comment

Think I have acquired a celebrity stalker - Dublin's Lord Mayor. Every second place I go, he's there. Ugly, grumpy-looking bollix he is too. Why can't I be stalked by Scarlett Johansson?

Down in St Annes Park at the Bikefest and he's shadowing my every move.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                    Is there an Ascot tipping competition. I fancy winning it again.
                    I don't do the flat, too elitist.

Comment

Kinda seemed like the checkout persons role!
                      Nah, checkout person likely has to deal with the asshole every week and definitely isn't getting paid enough to get involved

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Think I have acquired a celebrity stalker - Dublin's Lord Mayor. Every second place I go, he's there. Ugly, grumpy-looking bollix he is too. Why can't I be stalked by Scarlett Johansson?

I wouldn't even know it was the Lord Mayor unless he was wearing his chains. Do they still get use of a D1 reg car and driver?
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                          Is there an Ascot tipping competition. I fancy winning it again.
                          Sounds like you have a load of outsiders picked

Spill

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                            I wouldn't even know it was the Lord Mayor unless he was wearing his chains. Do they still get use of a D1 reg car and driver?
                            Yeah, think he went for a Volvo this year

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                              Day 1 of double toilet training weekend blitz...

Hours in - 3
                              Scutters done - 2
                              Wet couches - 1

Chances of enjoying the football today - 0
                              Yikes we need to do that soon or kid can't go to school in September. Just haven't found the opportunity.
                              If its a boy ye have i'd get cracking now

Girl = grand

Comment

Mexico

Comment

Ozil is such a gowl

Comment

So geezer is derived from an Irish word

Daniel Cassidy’s curiosity about the working-class Irish vernacular he grew up with has turned into research that looks at how the language survived in New York as slang.

The poor Brexiters will be left with nothing when they have removed all the forgieeen stuff from their country

Comment

Some pace to the game. Germans seem to have forgotten how to defend but Mexico deservedly ahead

Comment

Some great games so far this WC. Hard to see Mexico maintain that tempo. Class first half.

Comment

Germany Brazil last 16 if the Germans don't top the group.
                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Kinda seemed like the checkout persons role!
                                            This is how they get away with it
                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

James Murphy is a king
                                              airport, lol

Comment

COYBIG

Comment

Feels like a big levelling- out in the playing field at this WC so far? Big guns struggling to break down well-organised opposition.

Comment

Tommy Fleetwood, 7 under for the day, wtf. Get a couple more Tommy

Comment

Really hope Patrick Reed goes back to back. I like unapologetic cunts!
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Planning question. There is a sports pitch at the back of my house. They are putting up a 7-10m high net which will be about 1m from my back wall. There was no notice or consultation or anything. Is this something they are entitled to do and there is nothing we can do about it?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                          Planning question. There is a sports pitch at the back of my house. They are putting up a 7-10m high net which will be about 1m from my back wall. There was no notice or consultation or anything. Is this something they are entitled to do and there is nothing we can do about it?
                                                          Lateral thinking 5star. Pigeons make an excellent meal and many will surely be entrapped in this netting.

No ortolans sadly.

Comment

Surely it makes sense to have the net there to stop the balls being kicked into your garden and random people going in to get them. Also reduces potential damage, broken windows etc. Presume that's the rugby club?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                              Surely it makes sense to have the net there to stop the balls being kicked into your garden and random people going in to get them. Also reduces potential damage, broken windows etc. Presume that's the rugby club?
                                                              Baseball club. Given the skill of the people playing, and the fact that adults only seem to play there in July, there is very little risk to the windows and certainly no one climbing in to get balls.

It'll be fairly unsightly. I'm now a nimby it seems.

As far as pigeons go, I hate them with a passion, the noisy cunts.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Probably is. No harm asking if anyone knows.

Comment

Comment

Fire baseballs at it when there's a game on to fuck with their heads.

Not sure where you'll get baseballs though. Decathlon would have them but you'd have to drive to Belfast.

Comment

Baseball club. Given the skill of the people playing, and the fact that adults only seem to play there in July, there is very little risk to the windows and certainly no one climbing in to get balls.

It'll be fairly unsightly. I'm now a nimby it seems.

As far as pigeons go, I hate them with a passion, the noisy cunts.
                                                                          I'd still rather the fence

Comment

I'd still rather the fence
                                                                            You'd know you rent. I'd rather an unspoilt view.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Do they have planning for it? pretty sure they have to as looked at a similar thing in dun laoghaire area a while ago. Can report it to The council enforcement section. Pm me location and will have a check when I'm in work tomorrow

Comment

Seems in the UK these types of additions usually fall under a category called 'Permitted Development Rights' and are normally implied to be allowed when a sportsground is initially given permission. Don't know if its same in Ireland, but I'd imagine it is a bit similar.
                                                                                  Exempted Development here and doesn't work the same way as UK system. You can provide sports playing fields to a point without planning but once you get onto fencing, floodlights, car parking, etc you 100% need permission.

Comment

I should have read all of the posts before responding

Currently giving advice to a client re class 33 and playing pitches. The way the regs are worded you would think you can build playing pitches pretty easily but when look at how ABP interpret it you have to carry out very limited site works to avail of the exemption which is pretty much impossible if you need to excavate or level off an area to provide a pitch. Taking advantage of work I've already billed here �� planning is a mess tho

Comment

Fleetwood has this surely?

Comment

For the day that was in it yesterday
                                                                                        Kate Bush - Flower of the mountain (originally titled the sensual world) - Director's Cut Le ParcLaurent Hilaire and Isabelle Guérin.Choreography Angelin Pr...
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                          Fleetwood has this surely?
                                                                                          Doubtful with Brooks on the fairway on the par 5.
                                                                                          But anything is possible here, only takes one bad shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I mention it in here last week. Just an insane case from the beginning.
                                                                                            It actually gets more baffling as it continues

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                            Yeah, discussed recently here. Very good although i always feel these docu series are stretched out a couple episodes too long.
                                                                                            Yeah. I watched the stiarcase and felt they dragged out the end. About 3 episodes too long in total.
                                                                                            I guess they needed to add 3 new episodes this year in order to pitch it. 1 would have been enough.
                                                                                            Last edited by Mellor; 17-06-18, 23:50.

Comment

They need planning permission. 100%.
                                                                                              Should be easy to check if they have it via council website.
                                                                                              Out of interest, I read this - which is the full list of things that are exempted from planning permission, and the nearest it might be covered as an exemption is under Class 40 on page 23:

Doesn't precisely fit as doesn't say 'sportsground' specifically. And then again Class 33 on page 21 allows:

but only if:

And yours is comfortably above 2 metres tall.

That darned planning system is a mess...
                                                                                              Even if Class 33 said sportsground it wouldn't apply to a 10m net. That's additional works, not maintenance or incidental use.

And I think you misread class 40. The shrine is mention class 40(b). The height/area limits only apply to that section.

Development consisting of the laying
                                                                                              out and use of land—
                                                                                              (a) as a park, private open space or
                                                                                              ornamental garden,
                                                                                              (b) as a roadside shrine, or
                                                                                              (c) for athletics or sports

Comment

You'd know you rent. I'd rather an unspoilt view.
                                                                                                Not that it matters but I'm not renting fwiw.

Comment

Not that it matters but I'm not renting fwiw.
                                                                                                  Really? Well I take it back then. Settled out here for the longer term then.

Comment

On a slightly related topic, is there a standard period of time that you should allow a seller to consider an offer?

I made the offer a week ago, I believe there was 3 parties involved at the time. I'm unsure if the other 2 are still involved.
                                                                                                    I'm not in a major rush but obviously don't want an offer lingering there that won't be accepted if I can look elsewhere, it's under asking by 3% if that makes much difference.

Comment

Pretty standard in All Horse-Trading not to break silence after making an Offer. Weakens your position bigly.
                                                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Wormwood is the best true crime series on Netflix. Don't even know if I would class it as true crime, it has so much going on.

Comment

If you wouldn't post like an idiot they wouldn't need to be deleted.
                                                                                                          If that was the rule you'd be a very busy man, you bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                            On a slightly related topic, is there a standard period of time that you should allow a seller to consider an offer?

I made the offer a week ago, I believe there was 3 parties involved at the time. I'm unsure if the other 2 are still involved.
                                                                                                            I'm not in a major rush but obviously don't want an offer lingering there that won't be accepted if I can look elsewhere, it's under asking by 3% if that makes much difference.
                                                                                                            They can take a good while waiting/hoping for another offer to come in. If there's no word back this week I'd put a deadline on your offer.

Comment

@Tar, I'm sure you've done it but Borough Market is well worth a trip. Preferably after a long walk along the Thames.

Just had a gander in there myself and it's great. Sadly, my pie vendor was sold out of game pies.
                                                                                                              I was there around the same time as yourself, after a trip to the Tate Modern. It's a really great market, my stall (Big V ) was alas sold out too. My mother was over for my brothers play so I brought her along, as there is no greater sight than her brow beating sellers of goods. I watched her get a man selling huge swathes of bread for £7.50 to yield it for £2, she's a force of nature. I was the real loser carrying around a boulder of bread that was 2.5KG (I actually weighed it).

Speaking of the Tate, I saw this drawing of Lazare there

London is wonderful, was at the theatre for four nights (Book of Mormon, Harry Potter for two nights running and These Rooms@Shoreditch Town Hall with my brother in it - fantastic!), Two concerts (got a tout down from £60 to £10, after me own mother I am), a dozen markets, as many museums and 20+ restaurants. Somehow managed to avoid swimming even though everybody suggested it, and now I clearly need it.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 18-06-18, 11:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                London is wonderful, was at the theatre for four nights (Book of Mormon, Harry Potter for two nights running and These Rooms@Shoreditch Town Hall with my brother in it - fantastic!), Two concerts (got a tout down from £60 to £10, after me own mother I am), a dozen markets, as many museums and 30+ restaurants. Somehow managed to avoid swimming even though everybody suggested it, and now I clearly need it.
                                                                                                                How did you get the tickets for Cursed Child?

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post

Ring up the estate agent and tell them you’ve an offer in on another house and it’s been accepted. Tell them you have a preference for this house but you’re happy to buy the other one if they aren’t ready to sell. Ask for an answer by cob tmrw.
                                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                    How did you get the tickets for Cursed Child?
                                                                                                                    Walked into the box office and asked for returns, got the best seat in the house for £115, just keep checking the website either as they constantly go up online as they are returned (for £40-£300), as I was sitting on my own I could get the upper range tickets for a lower price. They have returns every day. It was rather tarnished by sitting next to a child and mother until my glowering got them to move to the next seat over. Play was amazing though. It's pretty handy to get tickets if you are in London on the day you want to go.

For the book of Mormon they have a lottery at the theatre every day for front row seats, if you win you get a ticket for £20 instead of up to £150 so I did that for a couple of days until I won. I was so close I was put off by how sweaty the main actor was.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 18-06-18, 11:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                      Walked into the box office and asked for returns, got the best seat in the house for £115, just keep checking the website either as they constantly go up online as they are returned (for £40-£300), as I was sitting on my own I could get the upper range tickets for a lower price. They have returns every day. It was rather tarnished by sitting next to a child and mother until my glowering got them to move to the next seat over. Play was amazing though. It's pretty handy to get tickets if you are in London on the day you want to go.

For the book of Mormon they have a lottery at the theatre every day for front row seats, if you win you get a ticket for £20 instead of up to £150 so I did that for a couple of days until I won. I was so close I was put off by how sweaty the main actor was.
                                                                                                                      Ah perfect timing. I wanna head to book of mormon in a couple of weeks, should I buy now or would it be cheaper on the day? On a monday
                                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

We have friends who are trying to buy in Dublin after being in Malta last 5 or so years. Seems like houses are like hens teeth. Been looking since January, put countless offers in and still can't get one. Just a standard 3 bed, but want to be in either Templelogue or a part of Walkinstown.

Are schools that good in Templelogue? They had to use the parents address just to get into the school. Was the one she went to as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                          Ah perfect timing. I wanna head to book of mormon in a couple of weeks, should I buy now or would it be cheaper on the day? On a monday
                                                                                                                          Monday should be quiet enough but the show sells out most of the time, if you definitely need to see it on a certain day just buy it now. It'll get more expensive closer to the day if it is starting to sell out as all the plays have dynamic pricing for tickets. If you have a while to faff around like me doing lotteries for cheaper then that's the way forward. If you were going another day the matinees tend to have free seats on the day. Same as with Harry Potter there does tend to be returns but you have to queue for them for Book of Mormon from what I saw.

Enjoy, it's hilarious.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 18-06-18, 11:43.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X