Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Has Raoul commented on how Ronaldo is overrated yet?
    Biding my time for an actual important game.

On the return from a work thing. Definitely well past that inflection point where free booze <<<< having to talk to work people.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Iran to scrape the win against Portugal and knock them out.

Heard it here first.
      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
        Going tomorrow, hope it's decent. Might just go for the national tho, not listened to any of the support befire
        John Grant on support was good. Didn't manage to get in any earlier to hear the others.

I'm probably the worst person to give an unbiased review as the man love for Matt Berninger runs very deep within me.

It was slightly different to other times I've seen them in that it was still bright for nearly all their songs so different to an intimate gig in Olympia/Vicar St or even The Point. It was a very relaxed and laid back atmosphere but in a good way.

He did his usual crowd invasion and made it right the way down to almost the sound stage. There was a proper mill around him. Picture is awful but he's in the middle of it all (you'll have to trust me)

SPOILER

The last song was just brilliant. One of the lads played a solo acoustic version of Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks on the guitar and the crowd sang every word to the band, not one word from them, was pretty class.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
          The 2019 world no.1 heir apparent to miss the cut is 5/2. No other bets for now.

It's like the build up to Christmas with the WC and the Open this weekend.
          Thank you TIGER. Now to throw some on Rickie Fowler. .

Ronaldo an amazing testament to self belief. What an impact. He is showing signs of tiredness . I hope they rest him

Comment

Has Raoul commented on how Ronaldo is overrated yet?
            2nd to his Federer is past it comment years ago. Was it the gin ?

Comment

FFS game over already.
              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                You've drank it in my house a few years back, it was also your introduction to Pink Grapefruit. I couldn't get it then for a few years but picked up a bottle in Gatwick a few weeks back for myself and think I posted about it in here again.
                That must have been it. Likewise got a bottle in Gatwick last week, now up at the top of the list.

Was in House last night and they were decorating Dingle gin with pink grapefruit and juniper berries. The latter felt OTT. https://www.theginguide.com/gin-garnish-guide.html

Comment

Decent recovery...

Comment

Dingle is very much down the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      That must have been it. Likewise got a bottle in Gatwick last week, now up at the top of the list.

Was in House last night and they were decorating Dingle gin with pink grapefruit and juniper berries. The latter felt OTT. https://www.theginguide.com/gin-garnish-guide.html
                      In nolita you pick your garnish. Have we pit peak gin yet?

F R O M T H E B O R O U G H S
                      MANHATTEN,
                      Blueberry, Granny Smith Apple and Thyme
                      BROOKLYN
                      Frozen Mango, Ginger and Basil
                      QUEENS,
                      Grapefruit, Pink Peppercorn and Rosemary
                      BRONX
                      Red Pepper, Lemon and Clove
                      STATEN ISLAND
                      Strawberry, Raspberry Puree and Fresh Mint
                      F R O M T H E ST R E E T
                      MULBERRY
                      Orange, Coriander and Cracked Black Pepper
                      PRINCE
                      Blackberry, Lemon and Rock Salt
                      LAFAYETTE
                      Cucumber and Lavender

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                        FFS game over already.
                        Gritty performance nonetheless. Very unlucky with those 2 tries disallowed, they'd done the hard work, shame they messed up the grounding.

Comment

Backed France +23 in running before red card. Down 21-6 at HT and I win!. Thats why France are the best country to ever play the game.

Comment

Bit mad of Oz rugby to schedule this test match for the exact time the soccer team plays its opening world cup game.

Comment

Getting a randomer from the crowd to sing Irelands Call didn't work.

Comment

Oh dear, that was poor
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Hard to believe no one bar Kearney can get a run out at full back.

Comment

Nice return from the yellow card.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      Bit mad of Oz rugby to schedule this test match for the exact time the soccer team plays its opening world cup game.
                                      And the cricket. Sports mad day down under

Comment

Scenes in the France Australia game. Great use of the VAR

Comment

More absolute scenes. Game ticking along for 55 minutes and now two penalties in two minutes.

Comment

Cracking game in the rugby.
                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Furlong is some machine.

Comment

Comment

World cup delivering very well so far. Banger from Aguero but get in Iceland. Hup

Comment

Lawrenson on BBC for the first match, Ronnie Whelan on RTE for this game.
                                                    Hard to think of a more negative duo, might be an idea for the TV people to get people who, you know, actually like football.

Comment

Terrible penalty but decent save all the same

Comment

Hamilton and his anti Messi/pro Ronaldo retoric is fcuking painfull, he actually cant mention one without the other as for Whelan as a co-commentator lord jaysus if thats the best that RTE can get just forget about it.

Comment

Is Keith Andrews hair real?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                            Is Keith Andrews hair real?
                                                            He looks like cauliflower.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                              He looks like cauliflower.
                                                              Is he the lad with the fake tan?

Comment

Well played Rio.

Talking about Peru's defence and he says that he's sure the Norwegians will have really analysed it.

Eh, I'm pretty sure the Norwegians haven't bothered their hole doing that to be fair

Comment

Dirty rugby at its best in South Africa. Close contest, but both teams putting in the cheap shots whenever they can. Ugly but fun for the neutrals.

Comment

That's a shocking miss

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                      Dirty rugby at its best in South Africa. Close contest, but both teams putting in the cheap shots whenever they can. Ugly but fun for the neutrals.
                                                                      Will Eddie Jones make it to the RWC as coach? They’ve gone backwards at quite the rate of knots.
                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                        Will Eddie Jones make it to the RWC as coach? They’ve gone backwards at quite the rate of knots.
                                                                        I can sense your sorrow and anguish from here!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          I can sense your sorrow and anguish from here!

Spot the subtle difference

Swing low, sweet chariot Coming for to carry me home Swing low, sweet chariot Coming for to carry me home I looked over Jordan and what did I see Coming for ...
                                                                          Last edited by Solksjaer!; 16-06-18, 18:39.

Comment

For a small country (c4m) Croatia really do produce some great clusters of players...

Starting Line Up tonight - clubs....

Monaco
                                                                            Atletico
                                                                            Milan
                                                                            Liverpool
                                                                            Besiktas
                                                                            Barca
                                                                            Real
                                                                            Inter
                                                                            Hoffenheim
                                                                            Frankfurt
                                                                            Juventus

And can still boast on the bench - Real/Milan/Juve/Inter/Fiorentina

I'd take 2 of their bench for Ireland!

Comment

For a small country (c4m) Croatia really do produce some great clusters of players...

Monaco
                                                                              Atletico
                                                                              Milan
                                                                              Liverpool
                                                                              Besiktas
                                                                              Barca
                                                                              Real
                                                                              Inter
                                                                              Hoffenheim
                                                                              Frankfurt
                                                                              Juventus

Had a little poke on them @33s, massively talented, like Belgium and if either click will be real contenders imo

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                Had a little poke on them @33s, massively talented, like Belgium and if either click will be real contenders imo
                                                                                Good luck, small poke on minus 2 tonight in case they tear into it @ 5s

Comment

Thoughts on the Phil Michelson incident? Golf is up it's own arse at times

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                    Thoughts on the Phil Michelson incident? Golf is up it's own arse at times
                                                                                    Mickelson is, always has been and always will be a prick but for some reason is held up as some sort of peoples champion and a demigod of sorts, have never understood it myself, he is about as sincere as a kiss from a hooker.

The incident itself was bizzare, a combination of frustration and petulance I imagine and there will no doubt be a rule change imminent.

Comment

...
                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Mickelson is, always has been and always will be a prick but for some reason is held up as some sort of peoples champion and a demigod of sorts, have never understood it myself, he is about as sincere as a kiss from a hooker.

The incident itself was bizzare, a combination of frustration and petulance I imagine and there will no doubt be a rule change imminent.
                                                                                        his style of play is the reason.

no bigger prick than Alex Higgins, he was worshiped

Comment

Most hookers have a no-kissing rule fwiw
                                                                                          Not if you spend enough lad.....some of them will even marry you, I know loads of lads that are married to whores!!

Comment

Most hookers have a no-kissing rule fwiw
                                                                                            GFE

Comment

...

Comment

Went to local for a bit of Nosebag; quality bucket of Wings, 3 pints of hipster beer, 2 old fashioneds, 2 ciders, pil-pil prawns,potato skins,cheesecake and baileys coffee. 100 levers Inc tip. #weareback
                                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                  Went to local for a bit of Nosebag; quality bucket of Wings, 3 pints of hipster beer, 2 old fashioneds, 2 ciders, pil-pil prawns,potato skins,cheesecake and baileys coffee. 100 levers Inc tip. #weareback
                                                                                                  15
                                                                                                  20
                                                                                                  18
                                                                                                  12
                                                                                                  8
                                                                                                  8
                                                                                                  8
                                                                                                  7

tip more imo.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

This golf is mad.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                      This golf is mad.
                                                                                                      Has turned into a bit of a farce to be honest

Comment

Monaco
                                                                                                        Atletico
                                                                                                        Milan
                                                                                                        Liverpool
                                                                                                        Besiktas
                                                                                                        Barca
                                                                                                        Real
                                                                                                        Inter
                                                                                                        Hoffenheim
                                                                                                        Frankfurt
                                                                                                        Juventus

Started with a bang as a new country on the scene and disappointed ever since.

Produce great players that never seem to click since 1998 I think?

Comment

Stenson being interviewed on Sky.
                                                                                                          "I'll be careful on this interview because I said Fuck on the other one".

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                            Started with a bang as a new country on the scene and disappointed ever since.

Produce great players that never seem to click since 1998 I think?
                                                                                                            Think they've been mugged a couple of times.
                                                                                                            Dodgy decisions against hosts Brazil in the opener 4 years ago.
                                                                                                            And the quarter final against Turkey in Euro 2008 - I can remember something happening but not sure exactly what.

Comment

Not if you spend enough lad.....some of them will even marry you, I know loads of lads that are married to whores!!
                                                                                                              Practising or non practising?

Comment

Why aren't I informed when my posts are deleted?

Comment

May start paying me for running the droolers.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                                    Why aren't I informed when my posts are deleted?
                                                                                                                    If you wouldn't post like an idiot they wouldn't need to be deleted.

Comment

...

Comment

Lady in front of me at the supermarket. Shop hyper-busy as everything shuts at 1pm on Sundays. She waited for all her stuff to be checked out and then just wandered off. Came back a minute or two later with some peaches. Not a bother on her.

Those were checked out.

Then she wanders off again and a minute later appears with an orange. She'd done this four times lasting at least ten minutes before I left as they finally opened another checkout.

The thing was she looked absolutely normal middle-aged, and this was just a Tesco-like store not some hippy whole foods paradise.

It appears as if this was her first time in a supermarket

At one stage I tried glancing around the queue while this was going on with a clear look of 'are we all agreed that we bash her head in if she tries to wander off again?', but everyone was just standing there unphased.
                                                                                                                        Should have fired off a few zut alors and a couple of sacrebleus.
                                                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Lady in front of me at the supermarket. Shop hyper-busy as everything shuts at 1pm on Sundays. She waited for all her stuff to be checked out and then just wandered off. Came back a minute or two later with some peaches. Not a bother on her.

Those were checked out.

Then she wanders off again and a minute later appears with an orange. She'd done this four times lasting at least ten minutes before I left as they finally opened another checkout.

The thing was she looked absolutely normal middle-aged, and this was just a Tesco-like store not some hippy whole foods paradise.

It appears as if this was her first time in a supermarket

At one stage I tried glancing around the queue while this was going on with a clear look of 'are we all agreed that we bash her head in if she tries to wander off again?', but everyone was just standing there unphased.
                                                                                                                          Totally standard.
                                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X