Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
    @Mellor

Ever play in the Merrion or the Fitz?? I think I have been to the star once in but not bray drimnagh ? I think JP used to do stuff there? I dealt once to get experience.(wasn't very good but they were ever so sweet..very nice people players and staff
    The Merrion, No.
    The Fitz, Yes. Was there in January and chopped a small rebuy

That is assault. It makes no difference it's an airline. Totally wrong.
    Looked like airport security rather and airline employees, but not sure.
    United might dodge retribution entirely

I'd imagine that the painter is not as unknown as the vendor/auction house believed.
    I expect at this stage that they've hit up the unsuccessful bidders for information on it.
    Last edited by Mellor; 11-04-17, 02:50.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            An image from a 'we're totally not a police state, no siree' US police conference yesterday

Looks like something out of a low budget sitcom. It's like the budget was tight so they had to buy their own balaclavas. The guy on the left appears to have bought one without eyeholes.

Comment

I haven't played much poker recently ...and am probably the worst player on IPB....
              SPOILER
              edit worst players in history of poker ...i am the eddie the eagle of poker
              There already is a well-known poker player in Dublin by that very name.

There has even been a verb derivation of his moniker.

"What happened to you, you had all the chips?"

"Oh, I got eagled."

"Makes sense,"
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ryanair and Aer Lingus never overbook flights. Don't think any European airline do, so maybe it's an EU law. Think it's a particularly US phenomenon. They do it with hotels in the US too, which I'm fairly certain they don't do in Europe either
                The Hungarian airline (Magyar?) were notorious for it. I remember trying ro return from Budapest back in about 2003 from a very rampant 10 days in the Tatras and Budapest itself. The plane was overbooked. Not by 10 seats, no. They had literally sold every seat twice.

Result: I got €400 and a night in a five-star hotel with an all you can eat\drink voucher on the banks of the Danube. Called up my local friends and we attempted to drink the hotel out of booze. Went to airport at 6am the next morning after zero sleep only for it to reoccur. Another €400 and spent the next 24 hours in recovery sleep in the same hotel. Marvellous.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  Flights gradually going up in price is their business model - they would be destroyed if you could wait it out and get cheap flights on the day. Longterm its better for them to fly with a few empty seats rather than become known for being susceptible to last minute chancers.
                  I discovered an interesting twist to this when super last minute booking flights to amsterdam in December. Booking two days ahead was approx 140 per person. Booking a single day ahead was 65.
                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Comment

I thought this was dripping with irony, if also depressingly typical of our low standards in public life...

The Indo has a minor pop at a guy who has defrauded vulnerable folk and still faced no jail time or even a criminal trial for that matter.

Today the Irish times gives free publicity to his son (in light of all the advertising they are doing no doubt).
                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                        Today the Irish times gives free publicity to his son (in light of all the advertising they are doing no doubt).
                        Sound advice too
                        This also means making a decision on the family home. Murphy is considering selling the family home in Dublin when it’s time to move, although this will depend on whether or not his children will need it as a base.
                        And if you do want to keep a base, it doesn’t always mean the family home. Murphy knows of a couple who sold their house in south Dublin and bought a mobile home in a seaside resort in north Dublin, close to the airport, for €30,000-€40,000.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

On a similar note, would anyone rate the chances of Deirdre Foley spending a night in jail for her antics with the Clerys redundancies any better than the 0.001% I make it.

Great little country all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            On a similar note, would anyone rate the chances of Deirdre Foley spending a night in jail for her antics with the Clerys redundancies any better than the 0.001% I make it.

She pushed her luck and crossed the line so that's put her on the radar for something that many others have gotten away with. Now the state is moving for political reasons to be seen to act and therefore she's facing charges.

The CHC case is theft and fraud pure and simple and 8 years ago now and apart from not being able to act as directors the lads have faced zero consequences either civil or criminal. A number of their victims are dead at this stage...
                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Sound advice too
                                Just to be clear - I'm referring to John and Johnny Mullholand not Murphy.

I personally think downsizing is a great idea when people get older BUT not for the benefit of the kids but for yourself!! Retire earlier and with more liquid assets - no brainer.

Comment

Just reading that stuff about the airline last night.

I can't believe Strewel said that just because he is a doctor he should not have had the "shit beaten out of him" and that if he was another profession it would be fine. Shocking.

*I can do hyperbole too

Comment

That's a well known tactic for laundering drug money no?
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                      Looks like something out of a low budget sitcom. It's like the budget was tight so they had to buy their own balaclavas. The guy on the left appears to have bought one without eyeholes.
                                      It's better than that. It's a call out video, go shite in a bucket drug lords!
                                      TAVARES, Fla. - A Central Florida sheriff is sending a stern warning to heroin dealers: "We're coming for you. Run!"

[SEE FULL VIDEO AT BOTTOM OF STORY]

More News Headlines
                                      Video shows passenger dragged off United flight
                                      Central Florida deputies crack snake jokes on Facebook
                                      Man streams own police chase on Facebook Live
                                      In a video posted Friday to the agency's Facebook page, Lake County Sheriff Peyton Grinnell told dealers his undercover agents have already bought heroin from them, adding that officials are "simply waiting for the arrest warrants to be finalized."

Flanked by four agents wearing black hoods and masks, the sheriff told dealers to "enjoy looking over your shoulder and constantly wondering if today is the day we will come for you."
                                      Flanked by four agents wearing black hoods and masks, a Central Florida sheriff sends a stern warning to heroin dealers.
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                        I thought this was dripping with irony, if also depressingly typical of our low standards in public life...

The Indo has a minor pop at a guy who has defrauded vulnerable folk and still faced no jail time or even a criminal trial for that matter.

In fairness, that is a nice little nugget of information
                                        Another concern for many people is accessing their pension from abroad especially the State pension. According to the Department of Social Protection, your state pension can be paid into a bank account anywhere in the world.
                                        I mean, its not very relevant, anyone who is in a position to move out of the country I guess is not worried too much about the state pension but still

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                          Just reading that stuff about the airline last night.

I can't believe Strewel said that just because he is a doctor he should not have had the "shit beaten out of him" and that if he was another profession it would be fine. Shocking.

*I can do hyperbole too
                                          Misrepresentation more like

I said because he cooked up a half decent excuse to be left on the plane

Comment

like a boss

[
                                            All that food, plus 6 oysters.
                                            The restaurant denies that the lobster was overcooked.

Comment

About the same as the chances that the heads of pwc and KPMG end up slipping out in mount joy which is where they should be

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                About the same as the chances that the heads of pwc and KPMG end up slipping out in mount joy which is where they should be
                                                Why just them? Why not E&Y and Deloitte?

What your beef with them anyway?
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                  "POKERHAND DONT!"

Subscribe now for more Family Guy clips: http://fox.tv/SubscribeFOXWatch Family Guy on Hulu: https://www.hulu.com/series/3c3c0f8b-7366-4d15-88ab-18050285978e...

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                    Why just them? Why not E&Y and Deloitte?

My beef is summed up in this insanely optimistic 2009 guardian article where some idealistic fool imagines the big 4 might be held to account for their failures in the lead up to the financial crisis. https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.theg...nancial-crisis

Nothing changed ,these guys are still extracting huge fees for doing nothing,they have cost and will keep costing me and all taxpayers many multiples of what bus eireann and Irish rail ever will.,they are still regulating themselvesthey never had to go into hiding like the bankers,their families never had to lie about their fathers job out of shame like bankers families did.just keep ticking along sponsoring entrepreneur of the year and rugby events like they are respectable members of society.
                                                    It's an often expressed view on these boards that people can't wait for driverless cars to come in so that bus drivers and train drivers can slink off and die in a hole.we don't need to wait for advances in A.I to replace KPMG and The rest,just put a load of chimps in a room flinging shit at spreadsheets,job done.
                                                    KPMG were madoffs auditor

Comment

My brother got the job as Head Pro in Howth Golf Club. (Officially announced today). Great to have him back in Dublin
                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                        My brother got the job as Head Pro in Howth Golf Club. (Officially announced today). Great to have him back in Dublin
                                                        Lovely fair play to him.

Nice little track.

Should we organise an IPB golf outing? I could do it in my new club Corrstown and hopefully get a decent price? The treasurer is an IPB'er!
                                                        Last edited by eoghan104; 11-04-17, 14:03.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                          In fairness, that is a nice little nugget of information

I mean, its not very relevant, anyone who is in a position to move out of the country I guess is not worried too much about the state pension but still
                                                          On the contrary
                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Lovely fair play to him.

Nice little track.

Should we organise an IPB golf outing? I could do it in my new club Corrstown and hopefully get a decent price? The treasurer is an IPB'er!
                                                            That's a great idea. Never played Corrstown.
                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                just keep ticking along sponsoring entrepreneur of the year and rugby events like they are respectable members of society.
                                                                On that point every time the 6 nations rolls around I'm always surprised RBS are still the main sponsors coming up to 10 years after their spectacular implosion. I think they are still fully owned by the British state and losing money. I would have expected a fuss to be kicked up over what seems a questionable use of money.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                  That's a great idea. Never played Corrstown.
                                                                  You would be a good man for organizing and getting threads started.

I think you should do just that!

Comment

This is so good

IN a bid to keep up with other airlines that it admires and aspires to be like, budget flight providers Ryanair have announced that they will be following United Airlines example, when it comes to dragging …

Comment

reddit
                                                                      SPOILER

hmmm bbcode is poor for gifv
                                                                      Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

You would be a good man for organizing and getting threads started.

I think you should do just that!
                                                                        I thought you were volunteering that's why it was a great idea.

If we have it in Howth I could probably get a deal of some sort on green fees and prizes

Comment

The people on that plane weren't offered $800 in cash, it was in airline credit where you could use $50 of it per booking, and expires in 12 months. It was fairly worthless to them all I imagine (Who is going to fly with them 16 times in a year?). Somebody did ask for $1600 and they just got laughed at.

The excuse they used for picking the doctor was he paid the lowest price for his ticket, that sure means he was one of the first to buy a ticket, makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                            The people on that plane weren't offered $800 in cash, it was in airline credit where you could use $50 of it per booking, and expires in 12 months. It was fairly worthless to them all I imagine (Who is going to fly with them 16 times in a year?). Somebody did ask for $1600 and they just got laughed at.

The excuse they used for picking the doctor was he paid the lowest price for his ticket, that sure means he was one of the first to buy a ticket, makes no sense.
                                                                            Yeah it really looks like the staff followed the airline's (horrifically stupid) policies to the letter.
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

They had a special on whole duck's at the store here yesterday, marinated it in an orange,ginger & chilli brine and then had it in the Weber smoker since early this morning. Collected the drippings for chips later.

Comment

New series of Peter Kays Car Share tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                  United defended themselves by redefining the word random

airline representatives chose four passengers to leave the plane at random based on ticket class, frequent flier status and check-in time.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                    New series of Peter Kays Car Share tonight.

I liked the first episode of Car Share but couldn't get past episode 2.

The trip to Spain is a way better waste of time IMO
                                                                                    Coogan and Brydon's show is probably the most boring show that has ever been made, they are doing the same shtick and telling the same joke over and over, but it is very funny and the food and landscape porn is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                      Yeah it really looks like the staff followed the airline's (horrifically stupid) policies to the letter.
                                                                                      rumour is CEO sent an email yesterday praising the staff for handling a difficult situation well and in line with procedure...
                                                                                      or so the internet says

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                        or so the internet says
                                                                                        Victim blaming/shaming has also started. Because internet.

Comment

The trip to Spain is a way better waste of time IMO
                                                                                          Doesn't have to be either or Slight preference for The Trip myself, but they're both two of the better comedies around.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

I like this increased volume of people calling United a bunch of cunts.

Comment

Bomb went off on Dortmund team bus. 1 injured. Wow

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                Being reported as a firework also. Game off anyway

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                  Explosion m8. We have enough tabloids
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Good old Spicer.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                      You're no fun

Comment

Its a pretty close run thing between DPRK and USA for the most utterly retarded fuckwits running a country.

Jesus wept

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                          Indonesia news knows what's going on
                                                                                                          Ledakan terjadi di hotel tempat klub Borussia Dortmund menginap di Hochsten Jermannbsp - International - Okezone News

Comment

He's right, Hitler didn't use chemical weapons in warfare.

Comment

Its a pretty close run thing between DPRK and USA for the most utterly retarded fuckwits running a country.

Jesus wept

AIPAC about to go nuts presumably. Not to mention Trump's (Jewish) daughter and son-in-law.

Adios Spicey! It was always a matter of time but certainly went out on a high.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                Neither did Assad.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                  Doesn't have to be either or Slight preference for The Trip myself, but they're both two of the better comedies around.
                                                                                                                  Tonight Coogan Brydon and Kay can all take a back seat

Better Call Saul 3×01 Mabel 720p

has landed

Comment

Tonight Coogan Brydon and Kay can all take a back seat

Better Call Saul 3×01 Mabel 720p

has landed
                                                                                                                    Spoiler alert. An incredibly dull season opener I'm afraid.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                      Neither did Assad.
                                                                                                                      What kind of probability would you assign to his defence that the Sarin was on site and released by the bombing ?

Its hard to see how he would possibly hope to have benefited by letting loose with sarin unless he was desperate to get Trump to hit out

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                        Srsly
                                                                                                                        OK I get it using Zyklon B in the concentration camps was an act of peace.

because y'know Newspeak, Trump is a genius. War is peace. Getting tremendous things done. Lets kill hundreds of children by stoking Anti Vaxx hysteria. Oh look a child died on TV so now we should bomb Syria

Comment

Have Dortmund in a bet. Presume it just stays the same bet with the game going ahead tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X