What about me? Can I play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about me? Can I play?

Blinds 5K/10K. UTG raises to 25K with a stack of 250K. Folded around to SB who goes all in for 100K. Dealer forgets about BB player (who has 300K) and gestures to UTG. UTG says call and tables his hand and then SB tables his hand. "Then BB says What about me? I haven't acted." It all happens really fast
    Last edited by Vegas Events; 20-06-13, 10:54.
    sigpic IPO 2019, 23rd to 28th October - Irelands favorite Poker Event. More info Here

not 100% sure but doesn't play continue onto the bb is what I thought after the mistake.
    https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

You get all your options back, if you decide to fold, utg call stands, if you change the action ie call, utg has all their options again.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
        You get all your options back, if you decide to fold, utg call stands, if you change the action ie call, utg has all their options again.
        Don't think this is right. if SB and UTG have both tabled their cards and you now put the action on the BB who shoves. The SB now has information on the SB and has unfair information.

It is up to all players on the table to keep track of the action and the dealer alone should not be accountable for this.

Action back to BB who has all actions open to him.

If the BB reships for more than 100K, The UTG player can decide to continue to play the hand or forfeit the called amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas Events View Post
          Blinds 5K/10K. UTG raises to 25K with a stack of 250K. Folded around to SB who goes all in for 100K. Dealer forgets about BB player (who has 300K) and gestures to UTG. UTG says call and tables his hand and then SB tables his hand. "Then BB says What about me? I haven't acted." It all happens really fast
          Bolded parts are the only relevant parts. the bb has allowed 2 people to act here without stopping the action. He forfeits his hand.

While the dealer is there to help the action progress the ultimate responsibility comes down to the players to protect them selves, this includes pointing out in due time that they have been omitted.

Action is not limited to call raise and fold, he has let (deliberately or not) 3 separate actions (a call and 2 players showing down) to pass by and has gained an advantage because of this.

Comment

Working...
          X