Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
    See a lot of leftovers talk here
    Watched first episode last night,seems like potential
    Worth sticking with it or does it do a lost?
    Certainly worth sticking with it, it's excellent. Definitely doesn't do a Lost

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Sunday worship at The Church of Fed.

2.30pm

Bow your heads in reverence.
      1 set done without incident.

Praise be to Fed.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Speaking of TV shows, Billions is probably a 7\10 only but there is an absolutely superb double-bluff story towards the end of S02. Worth it for that alone imo.

Comment

Cilic in bits, bawling his eyes out courtside.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            1 set done without incident.

Praise be to Fed.
            And two lessons done. Just the Gospel according to Saint Roger remaining.

The Greatest we have ever seen and will ever see.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  just following it a bit on twitter. what's up with him? few posts saying that he looks like he's having a nervous breakdown
                  Well, he is playing against the Supreme Deity so that's bound to be unsettling.

Putting up a bit of a show in the 3rd set tbf. No, wait - broken. That'll be that.

Comment

Thanks be to Rog.

Comment

Jim Gavin giving it the "Kildare are a quality team" spiel in the previous match interviews. How long will.the dubs continue to peddle that shite. He was almost laughing as he said it. Anything other than an annihilation will be a shock.

Comment

just following it a bit on twitter. what's up with him? few posts saying that he looks like he's having a nervous breakdown
                        He was clearly injured tbf and in the biggest game of his career

Comment

The Federers must have chosen the super aerian semen at the IVF clinic.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                            Jim Gavin giving it the "Kildare are a quality team" spiel in the previous match interviews. How long will.the dubs continue to peddle that shite. He was almost laughing as he said it. Anything other than an annihilation will be a shock.
                            It's a joke, tbh. Never likely to be a contest.

#prayforstrewel

Comment

12 mins in and.game over. Real quality team

Comment

Fair play to Kildare for keeping it respectable so far anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  Fair play to Kildare for keeping it respectable so far anyhow.
                                  Kicked some fantastic scores too

Comment

Balls - 31 counties hoping that'd be a goal for the Lilywhites.

Comment

Padraig is a serious heart breaker

Comment

That ref had a shocker imo
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                          Did you get this sorted Tara? I'd have an amatuer go at it tomorrow if you want.
                                          Thanks for the offer! Appreciate it.

Did fix it in the end. It was pretty easy once the screw came out of the wall. Needle nose pliers and bigger rawl plugs and job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                            Padraig is a serious heart breaker
                                            still in PP eway place.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                              Balls - 31 counties hoping that'd be a goal for the Lilywhites.
                                              Probably 32 counties

Comment

So what does he say? Disrespect them? I know him fairly well, was in school with him and played soccer with him up to U18. I met him last year at a funeral and said to him about the way he comes across in interviews as opposed to the person he is. He went back to an interview he gave when U21 manager slightly criticising a team they were about to plays approach in relation to kick out strategy.

It was portrayed as a lack of respect in the papers next day and he said he would never be caught out like that again. Kildare were 9 pts down after 10 minutes AND didn't drop the heads getting it back to a 4 pt deficit at half time. Dublin never looked like losing but I don't think the assessment that they are an improving side would be a shock. I don't remember Fitzmaurice saying Cork were a busted flush before the munster final. It is just how things are. Kildare draw Armagh I would be confident they will be in a quarter final and possibly face Roscommon with a good chance of reaching a semi.
                                                Last edited by horatio1; 16-07-17, 18:12.

Comment

...Proud moment alert...

...Entered a chicken wing eating contest out in bray today at the wing fest...12 entries, and I trumped the lot...Managed 18 wings in 3 minutes which I'm extremely happy with...Think I could possibly do 20 if I did it again...

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                    So what does he say? Disrespect them? I know him fairly well, was in school with him and played soccer with him up to U18. I met him last year at a funeral and said to him about the way he comes across in interviews as opposed to the person he is. He went back to an interview he gave when U21 manager slightly criticising a team they were about to plays approach in relation to kick out strategy.

It was portrayed as a lack of respect in the papers next day and he said he would never be caught out like that again. Kildare were 9 pts down after 10 minutes AND didn't drop the heads getting it back to a 4 pt deficit at half time. Dublin never looked like losing but I don't think the assessment that they are an improving side would be a shock. I don't remember Fitzmaurice saying Cork were a busted flush before the munster final. It is just how things are. Kildare draw Armagh I would be confident they will be in a quarter final and possibly face Roscommon with a good chance of reaching a semi.
                                                    It's not just him in fairness, it's any person that's asked. They said the same shite about Westmeath, think it was Philly that described them as a serious outfit. It's gone beyond a joke the amount of this is going on when we all know every game is just a formality.

Yes it's the same for Kerry in Munster and yes I'm sick of Fitz and the like peddling the same shite about Clare, Tipp, Cork etc. It's just today was a tipping point when about 4 articles popped up on my timeline one after the other all with different people saying Kildare are a good team and Dublin will have to be in top form bla bla bla.

7 in a row is a fine achievement.

Comment

It's not just him in fairness, it's any person that's asked. They said the same shite about Westmeath, think it was Philly that described them as a serious outfit. It's gone beyond a joke the amount of this is going on when we all know every game is just a formality.

Yes it's the same for Kerry in Munster and yes I'm sick of Fitz and the like peddling the same shite about Clare, Tipp, Cork etc. It's just today was a tipping point when about 4 articles popped up on my timeline one after the other all with different people saying Kildare are a good team and Dublin will have to be in top form bla bla bla.

7 in a row is a fine achievement.
                                                      Like I said what do they say that won't be misconstrued as disrespect?

It's all a game they play. Bookies had it at - 9 amazing how many times they get it bang on. Happy birthday bro.

Comment

Like I said what do they say that won't be misconstrued as disrespect?

It's all a game they play. Bookies had it at - 9 amazing how many times they get it bang on. Happy birthday bro.
                                                        Ty. Start posting about AW ponies again. Always backed your fancies ew which was a nice little balance booster

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                          ...Entered a chicken wing eating contest out in bray today at the wing fest...12 entries, and I trumped the lot...Managed 18 wings in 3 minutes which I'm extremely happy with...Think I could possibly do 20 if I did it again...
                                                          I was out there yesterday.
                                                          Bit of a missed opportunity the whole event I felt. Lines were crazy and strangely there didnt seem to be that many places doing wings. Also queued a fucking age for ribs and chicken BBQ and as I got to the top it sold out.
                                                          I had a look at the wing eating contest, I think the winner had 15 yesterday.
                                                          Really regretted not entering as felt I could have walked that Congrats, fewer things in life more manly than outeating other menat I

edit: What I did discover yesterday is hollows and fentimans ginger beer.
                                                          Fuck me, I've avoided that for ages thinking it was some crap hipster thing.
                                                          It's fantastic stuff altogether
                                                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 16-07-17, 19:40.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                            Good to see you treating the digestive system well after last years happenings

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Snowfall any good ? TV show based on the rise of crack cocaine in LA in 1983.
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Crypos taking some hammering at the moment. I don't know enough about this Segwit thing to tell if it is related to fears over that or not. Anyone know enough about it to give an opinion on what is likely to happen?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                        Snowfall any good ? TV show based on the rise of crack cocaine in LA in 1983.
                                                                        Watched the first two. Nothing great and certainly more style than substance but fun, turn your brain off stuff with a cool soundtrack.

Opr

Comment

Kildare draw Armagh I would be confident they will be in a quarter final and possibly face Roscommon with a good chance of reaching a semi.
                                                                          The winners of the qualifiers will be in an open draw to meet either Kerry or Roscommon, wont they?

If Kildare keep playing to the form they have been showing they would have to be favs against any of those teams except Kerry and I'd fancy them to beat them.

Dublin are playing at a different level, without scumbag Connolly to drag them down into a display of gutter thuggery they are pure class.
                                                                          If this team with all their financial and demographic resources do not go on to win at least 6 in a row and or 8/10 it will be a failure.
                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 16-07-17, 21:17.
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Kildare draw Armagh I would be confident they will be in a quarter final and possibly face Roscommon with a good chance of reaching a semi.
                                                                            Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                            The winners of the qualifiers will be in an open draw to meet either Kerry or Roscommon, wont they?
                                                                            Kildare can only play Tyrone in the quarter finals.
                                                                            Its the Aside/Bside thing. Kildare are in the B which is Leinster and Ulster winners/runners-up and can't play Dublin in the quarters as no provincial final repeats allowed. Would then meet Dublin (or team that beats Dublin in 1/4) in a semi-final.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                              Crypos taking some hammering at the moment. I don't know enough about this Segwit thing to tell if it is related to fears over that or not. Anyone know enough about it to give an opinion on what is likely to happen?

Opr
                                                                              Wouldn't claim to know enough but that never stopped me guessing

If segwit doesn't activate soon there will be a fork where it can happen.
                                                                              I think there are a lot of people worried that a fork will happen and do damage ending of any hope of it becoming the mainstream.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                Kildare can only play Tyrone in the quarter finals.
                                                                                Its the Aside/Bside thing. Kildare are in the B which is Leinster and Ulster winners/runners-up and can't play Dublin in the quarters as no provincial final repeats allowed. Would then meet Dublin (or team that beats Dublin in 1/4) in a semi-final.
                                                                                Cheers, I thought that was the case until Horatio confused me

Makes sense as Kerry Roscommon play the day after our qualifiers

Couple of tough games against Northern teams will show us what they're made of.

Comment

GOT season 7 episode 1

SPOILER
                                                                                  A no surprise wow followed by some hmmmm moments and a ooooohhh at the end

Comment

...

Comment

I'm Sorry.

Only 2 episodes so far but lol moments.
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        If Kildare keep playing to the form they have been showing they would have to be favs against any of those teams except Kerry and I'd fancy them to beat them.

Comment

So job has "forgotten" about my contract which expires nextt Friday
                                                                                          Next 48 hours should be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                            Surely a chance to try football tactics in real life scenario. .. pretend a rival company is in for your services in order to secure a pay bump.

SPOILER
                                                                                            does not constitute real advice, but if it works, I demand 10% of your fee increase
                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Spent the last two days up in Galway at the Film Fealdh.

They put on a great event up there and Galway is a great city.

Managed to squeeze in 25 short films, a feauture documentary and three feature length films plus an odd drink or two...

Highlight of the short films was Wave which went on to win The Tiernan McBride Award which is an Oscar Qualifying Award. Out of the feature length films, Dunkirk was very good but Bad Day For The Cut stole the show, absolutely great flick.

The documentary was Elain, which I knew nothing about before going into it but it was done very well.

Comment

Was does one get as godfather a 2 year old boy that has pretty much everything this days? Kid is white
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

Are there drugs that make you work harder on your backhand due to the level of competition ? or drugs that injure your 3 main rivals ? . Are there drugs that make you plan your schedule better so as to take 6 months off to stay fresh. There I did it.

Comment

hate Lewis Hamilton . Why cant i be nice like PSV.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                        Was does one get as godfather a 2 year old boy that has pretty much everything this days? Kid is white
                                                                                                        Take him to the zoo for the day and give his parents a break.

If you enjoy the experience, you can take mine any time you like.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Reading a book on ethics, as am teaching a new course on finance ethics starting in September. Anyway, it got me thinking; does the bible ever say why god only had the one kid? Presumably he has supersperm if he can impregnate Mary from a distance. So why stop at just the one kid who despite his superpowers can't even stop mere humans killing him? You'd surely want to give it another go and hope the second kid worked out better.
                                                                                                              Jesus was a roaring success IMO. I mean, his first miracle was turning water into wine. Imagine discovering you've got all these powers, and accouncing them by making sure a top notch pissup doesn't end early. Those urns they used were no joke - they reckon he produced about 5000 bottles of wine for the party. Must have been some wedding.
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

There was always something fishy about some of his miracles IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                  Surely a chance to try football tactics in real life scenario. .. pretend a rival company is in for your services in order to secure a pay bump.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  does not constitute real advice, but if it works, I demand 10% of your fee increase
                                                                                                                  Surely everybody does this as a matter of course?

I did it on least 3 occasions. It's high risk/high reward though you need to be either very sure of how strong your position is or be ready to walk if needed.
                                                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                    There was always something fishy about some of his miracles IMO.
                                                                                                                    Nah, he just used his loaf.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                      In a shill for my new place, the guys are looking for a few contract sql dba's if you fancy looking at something else.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                        In a shill for my new place, the guys are looking for a few contract sql dba's if you fancy looking at something else.
                                                                                                                        His rate is 600 per day m8, plus 50 per day for me as his verified agent.

Comment

You must be tantalisingly close to your annual two fingers to Irish wine taxes? Anything fun on the itinerary apart from finding the holiday site and relaxing?
                                                                                                                          2....more....days.....of work. Get through those without committing any major acts of violence is the plan.

Not much on the agenda. Eat plenty of foie gras. Some kayaking on the Vezere maybe. Other than that, turn off the phone and relax!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X