No announcement yet.

RIP 72over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May he rest in peace.My condolences goes to family and friends.Im sure I played poker in the same room some day,but,unfortunately,never had pleasure to know him...Stay strong!

Comment

Pretty sickening to see this thread, never met Dave in person but can remember two or three tournament update threads on here which weren't about the poker but were just about how much craic he was having with everyone, recognized his picture instantly.

It is devastating for a family to lose someone like this. I hope in time they can come to draw succour from knowing how well he lived and how much positive influence he had on others.

RIP

Comment

I didn't know your brother but so sorry for your loss. Judging by the comments here he obviously left a huge impression on everyone he met and was a massive part of the poker community. RIP

Comment

Sorry for your lose! Knew Dave and yourself from the early days of the IPO and the TCB forum Boyle games! A really decent fella and a great player! He will have no bother getting a first class ticket to up above! He will be having a beer and trying to get into the big game up there about now!

Comment

This is a thread I never thought I would be reading. Brian, I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. I am absolutely shocked by the news so I can't even imagine how you guys are feeling.

I met Dave when he came to visit you on a holiday when you lived in Malta. We had a sort of poker family here at the time, so when anyone's guests came over, it was like a vacation for all of us, as it gave us a reason to relax and party a bit. Dave was an awesome individual, a deep thinker, not to mention a great poker player. He will be sorely missed...

Comment

Comment

Nice touch with the donation Brian, I was mates with a couple of lads who worked with Focus when I lived in Dublin, really do great work!

Comment

I only met Dave a handful of times but he always stood out as a very caring and pleasant soul. He insisted I take a percentage of him in a big tournament in return for listening to the mixes I occasionally put in BBV. I always thought that was a completely unnecessary but very kind gesture.

Condolences to you Caf, and the rest of your family.

Comment

Such a lovely guy. Chatting to David was the highlight of a number of games I played. He was always so friendly, always open for a chat, and such a nice and friendly guy to boot. I was always delighted to see him as I knew that I had a great chat coming up. So sad to hear about it. He was truly one of the good ones.
                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Thanks for the bump I would have missed it too!

The only story I have to share is from about 10 years ago (I think it was post Irish open or some festival). We were back in Dave’s house on the quays and I watched him completely destroy some lad heads up across 4 tables of 400nl to the tune of about 8 buy ins but his main concern was that he ran out of drinks for his guests! Off we went to the train station because they would obviously still be selling alcohol at 5am!

Fell out of contact when I moved away from poker but I’ve only ever good memories of him.

Deepest condolences to you and your family’s caf

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                        A jovial gent as you'd ever meet, welled up while watching this for the first time in years I had this video saved in my YouTube favourites because of the music he chose and also it's pretty trippy watching the juggling but watch it all the way to the end for the best bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D60UlQNSd0w
                        Thanks for this Danny. The night before his cremation, we had some of his friends over to the house. We got an unvarnished coffin so that everyone could paint it and make it more like something he would have wanted, rather than a perfect casket with polished brass etc. I had my laptop sitting on top of the coffin with this video replaying. It turned out magical and made the following day so much more bearable. The drive from Naas to Dublin behind the coffin was hilarious. So many heads turning, we were worried we might have caused a crash. One guy on crutches suddenly started running after the coffin with his GF to catch it at the lights. I have a block on looking at the hundred odd photos I took of the coffin when it was finished but will post a few when I get around to looking at them as it literally was a work of art.

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                        You probably don't remember but Dave introduced me to you at a tournament in Clane a few years ago, we were playing at the same table and chatted outside. Condolences to you Brian and your family, I can't imagine the heartbreak you are going through. Dave will be missed, I hope you find some comfort in the positive comments you read, it's obvious that he made a lot of friends in the poker community and everybody liked him. RIP Dave.
                        I do remember although it was a while ago now, it must be at least 6 years. I haven't been playing much for about 5 and half years.

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                        Nice touch with the donation Brian, I was mates with a couple of lads who worked with Focus when I lived in Dublin, really do great work!
                        Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                        I'd originally missed the request for donations to Focus Ireland in lieu of flowers so just bumping it here for others in case they missed it as well. A nice gesture.
                        I have just made a donation from the donation box at the crematorium to Focus Ireland to the amount of €1,107.20. Many thanks to anyone who contributed. And of course thanks for all the messages of support. It has been greatly appreciated.

Comment

Caf really sorry to hear about inters passing, I only got news of it in the last hour. It's a real shame what a decent skin he was, always up for some fun and mischief without any badness in him. Rip David

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                            hts. I have a block on looking at the hundred odd photos I took of the coffin when it was finished but will post a few when I get around to looking at them as it literally was a work of art.
                            Sounds like he got a great sendoff Caf. I would really love to see the photos when you get around to sharing them.

Comment

I came across this song today, it made me think of David. I only met him a few times but he made a lasting impression.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Strangely enough, we saw this guy last week and it also reminded me of caf, and i drifted off for a bit remembering some of the good times.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X