Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Joey Carbery to Munster??

Comment

Great move from an Irish perspective, needs the game time.

Just hoping Leinster can get him back in two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
        Great move from an Irish perspective, needs the game time.

Just hoping Leinster can get him back in two years.
        Will he get the game time at Munster?

They now have 5 out halves on the books with 3 signing new contracts this year.
        JJ seems the right option once he stay injury free.
        Bill Johnston was pleaded to stay with the promise of more first team games only a few weeks ago along with his new contract.
        Keatley is fine off the bench but not good enough for the big games.
        I have heard Tyler is gone/retired.

Im just not convienced Munster is the right club for his progression.

Comment

Great move for Munster. Great move for Ireland.

Meh/good move for Joey depending on your perspective.
          Not great for Leinster though.

Nobody can pretend that Joey not playing much at 10 isn't a problem if he's Ireland's second choice 10. One of his problems is his versatility tbh! Ross Byrne is a 10, and a 10 only, and is a steady solid hand who is absolutely deserving of that starting berth at Leinster this year (when Sexton away/unavailable.). Joey is definitely far more mercurial than him, and probably a better rugby player than Byrne, but I'm still not totally convinced he is a 10. I don't think that's a problem though either, no problem with a player playing 15 and working his way into the game as an industrious second option (as Joey has done plenty of times).

The positives for him of the move are 'more certain gametime at 10', more time with Murray (this the #1 benefit - especially given Murray's ability to take the kicking duties {hand & place} if required) and a chance to be in a position where there's more pressure on him to perform.

The negatives of him are the last line there, moving away from Sexton / Leinster's setup who have clearly been huge positives for his development, and moving to a team where the pack might struggle a bit more than at Leinster (not convinced yet he's able to turn a game around behind a beaten pack - see Leinster v Benetton this season - his only start at 10 in fairness though!).

From an Ireland perspective, something had to happen. And then from a Leinster perspective, if you know this, I think Joey going and keeping Byrne is more beneficial too weirdly.

Comment

Comment

Toulouse +10 (365, Hills, BetFred) looks big, especially considering the Leinster team which has just been named.
              The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

PP have a cool special for tonights match. if you bet on a player being FTS and his opposite number gets the first try, then you get the lower of the 2s odds.

Considering conditions expected in Paris tonight are pretty miserable, it should be a forwards battle, so for that reason i've gone for Ken Owens at 20/1, hoping Guirardo to be the FTS at 16s

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                  PP have a cool special for tonights match. if you bet on a player being FTS and his opposite number gets the first try, then you get the lower of the 2s odds.

Considering conditions expected in Paris tonight are pretty miserable, it should be a forwards battle, so for that reason i've gone for Ken Owens at 20/1, hoping Guirardo to be the FTS at 16s
                  Went with Maxi Medard myself! Good little special.

One thing I noticed was they pay out on the lower value? Ie in your case if you back Guirardo and Owens scores you only get 16s? seems bizarre anyone would do that.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

One thing I noticed was they pay out on the lower value? Ie in your case if you back Guirardo and Owens scores you only get 16s? seems bizarre anyone would do that.
                    My understanding is that if owens scores I get 20s,if guirardo scores I get 16s, you just need to back the higher odds of the 2

Yep, I think we're both saying the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

Presumably if his 20/1 shot gets FTS then he'll get the 20/1. It's only the consolation that is potentially a lesser price.

Comment

i think there's decent value in the top tryscorer market as PP are paying 1/5th of 7 places.

some good centres there in the 40s or 50s, it's just finding the ones who'll get enough game time

ntamack, fofana, tuilagui, even tomasso alan (80s) (who was in the top 5 last year)

Comment

time to revive this thread ahead of the world cup.

large number of bets on the outrights for me:

big position on SA to win at 9/1

top tryscorers for their country

penaud for France 4/1
                          stockdale for Ireland 7/4
                          mapimpi for SA 3/1

Handre pollard top pointscorer at 5/1

top tryscorer (pp paying 7 places)

mapimpi 18/1
                          bridge 14/1

and one for fun. Ireland to score over 3 tries in every pool match 7/2 (Scotland the only real worry in this one, but they're playing terrible rugby at the moment so i'm backing Ireland to do it)

Comment

Russia +35.5 is an absolute must-bet for me today

#chasingeuromillionsmoney
                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

This looked really good for like 10 minutes.. what a collapse

Why did we look so shite against this lot.
                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Always a risky one as the Scots were gonna be pumped to build up their points advantage if there was any possibility of a three way tie at the top. We better get that bonus against Samoa now!

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                  This looked really good for like 10 minutes.. what a collapse

Why did we look so shite against this lot.
                                  this was a game too far for Russia. dead on their feet

Comment

Scotland still just -2 faves against Japan. Joke stuff imo

First team to ever win back-to-back games to nil in RWC - absolutely flying high

Comment

Originally posted by Irisheman View Post
                                      Always a risky one as the Scots were gonna be pumped to build up their points advantage if there was any possibility of a three way tie at the top.
                                      Always? And yet you waited till near the end to impart your wisdom.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

am on wales -16 so this is not the best of starts!!!

Comment

wales -14 seems like free money now

Comment

wales -14 seems like free money now
                                            Ffs wales!

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                              Scotland still just -2 faves against Japan. Joke stuff imo

First team to ever win back-to-back games to nil in RWC - absolutely flying high
                                              Hmm, but remember about two weeks ago, Ireland completely dominated Scotland and held that magic attack to 3 points.

And it's not like Ireland are world beaters at present, right?

That being said, I do think Scotland will beat that handicap alright - but they aren't anything special.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                Hmm, but remember about two weeks ago, Ireland completely dominated Scotland and held that magic attack to 3 points.

That being said, I do think Scotland will beat that handicap alright - but they aren't anything special.
                                                yeah, the handicap does seem low, but i'm not touching that match. Japan are going to be so fired up. i just hope they win

Comment

gone for Aus -12 at HT and Aus -26 FT tomorrow. last game for both and Georgia will be exhausted

Comment

0-0 now?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                      0-0 now?
                                                      Maybe! The Scots will be raging, rightfully so.

Comment

Maybe! The Scots will be raging, rightfully so.
                                                        I felt bad for them until someone reminded me they voted for France for 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                          0-0 now?
                                                          void

Comment

Thoughts on Japan @ +15 Vs SA?

There were +16 initially.

I had Scotland at -3 in the last game but must admit I'm being more and more of a fan of the home country.

Comment

Originally posted by Irisheman View Post
                                                              Thoughts on Japan @ +15 Vs SA?

There were +16 initially.

I had Scotland at -3 in the last game but must admit I'm being more and more of a fan of the home country.
                                                              i think this is a game too far for them. love how they play, but at this stage i'd say they're physically and emotionally drained. SA will be well rested, and will want to exact revenge for 4 years ago.This will be Japan's biggest and most physical challenge to date, and as we saw they were really blowing hard in the last 20 against Scotland, so I'd definitely be on the overs side, but not with a lot of confidence either way (won't be betting other than FTS).

Comment

i think this is a game too far for them. love how they play, but at this stage i'd say they're physically and emotionally drained. SA will be well rested, and will want to exact revenge for 4 years ago.This will be Japan's biggest and most physical challenge to date, and as we saw they were really blowing hard in the last 20 against Scotland, so I'd definitely be on the overs side, but not with a lot of confidence either way (won't be betting other than FTS).
                                                                I thought exactly this for the Scotland game and was near sure that game would be a game too far for them. Their fitness seems off the chart though. They have really impressed me so far in the games that they have been fired up for (Ire and Sco).

Comment

Working...
                                                                X