Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF is van gerwen doing

Comment

at times he looks unbeatable but then decides he cant hit a double to save his life..

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
        Im quite sure the character in Family Guy was based on Bunting!
        Fantastic spot.

Comment

King needs to cop on...spoilt fucking child up there..MVG is a young guy and is gonna give a shout...its the final for gods sake.

Comment

Battle of the bottlers!

Comment

see king complaining about MvG celabration no wonder every one boos him where ever he plays

Comment

MvG can't lose from here.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                  MvG can't lose from here.
                  dont jinx it dude.

Comment

King is a prick again in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                      King is a prick again in my eyes.
                      Big style, he said it in the interview beforehand that he didnt like MVG's celebrations and was pretty much a knob all the way through. Lifted 50k and not happy..fuck off with yerself.

Comment

Get in there MVG and Shane Lowry not too shabbby a weekend for the auld betfair account

Comment

he is prick but of course hes not happy its the title that counts

Comment

so he blames the crowd for losing lol

Comment

lol King

Comment

Grand Slam of Darts kicking off at the weekend. A couple of tough groups and Waites can be sickened that he's drawn with Taylor after winning and get the RU spot in 2 of the last 3 years. Don't see any group betting yet but highlighted who i think will be the 2 to come through each group. Any players expected to cause any waves? No idea who will come through from Group H!

GROUP A Phil Taylor (1) Scott Waites Mark Webster Co Stompe

GROUP B Michael van Gerwen (8) Robert Thornton Ted Hankey Steve Beaton

GROUP C Simon Whitlock (5) Kevin Painter Dean Winstanley James Hubbard

GROUP D James Wade (4) Jan Dekker Mervyn King Arron Monk

GROUP E Adrian Lewis (2) Gary Anderson John Part Tony O'Shea

GROUP F Andy Hamilton (7) Paul Nicholson Brendan Dolan Barrie Bates

GROUP G Wes Newton (6) Terry Jenkins Wesley Harms Martin Phillips

GROUP H Christian Kist (3) Raymond van Barneveld Mark Walsh Wayne Jones

Comment

Is it round robin format tony?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                    Yep, each player plays each other and the top 2 go through to the knockout stages. That's how it's always been so doubt it will have changed

Comment

Was just looking at last years and the year before, and it's slightly strange KO format.

Winner of A plays RU of B
                                      RU of A plays winner of B and so on..

and the winners meet in the Quarters so you can play the guy from your group again in the 2nd KO round. Bit silly imo

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                        Was just looking at last years and the year before, and it's slightly strange KO format.

Winner of A plays RU of B
                                        RU of A plays winner of B and so on..

and the winners meet in the Quarters so you can play the guy from your group again in the 2nd KO round. Bit silly imo
                                        You got a link to where you get your info on format etc? Cheers

Comment

They've had the knockout draw that way every year and its beyond retarded really, don't know of any other sport which would do it that way. Turns it into 4 mini-competitions really with the winners meeting in the semis.

What it does guarantee is that No1 and No2 seed will always be in separate halves of the bracket, Sky loved potentially setting up their Taylor v Barney final though obviously Barneys slipped now and Taylor v Lewis final is their dreamboat.

Comment

this is a tourney where anybody can win it, very short format first to 5 legs in group stages, anybody at this level can beat anybody, obv as the tourney goes on,and the matches get longer the better players will come out on top... so if taylor can be beat early, there has to be value in e/w....... am looking at whitlock, nicholson, king and thornton as my e/w bets

Comment

Originally posted by burkeyoa View Post
                                              You got a link to where you get your info on format etc? Cheers

Comment

barrie bates quailified LOL

no women this year??? (thank christ)

plus, get a price on christian kist not to win a match, cert, no.3 seed?? having a laugh, what has he done since beating hankey(who has played this years tour and earned what exactly??)

Comment

How is Wade still favourite to beat King tonight? King is safely through and only needs a couple of legs to secure top spot in the group, while Wade needs to win 6-0 i think to get in ahead of Monk. Wade beat Dekker 5-1, but i'd beat Dekker 5-1 the way he's playing! King also beat Dekker 5-1, and Monk 5-3 with the latter beating Wade earlier. I make King favourite here

Comment

How is Wade still favourite to beat King tonight? King is safely through and only needs a couple of legs to secure top spot in the group, while Wade needs to win 6-0 i think to get in ahead of Monk. Wade beat Dekker 5-1, but i'd beat Dekker 5-1 the way he's playing! King also beat Dekker 5-1, and Monk 5-3 with the latter beating Wade earlier. I make King favourite here
                                                    Wade will hop off King imo

Comment

Originally posted by sixtwo View Post

plus, get a price on christian kist not to win a match, cert, no.3 seed?? having a laugh, what has he done since beating hankey(who has played this years tour and earned what exactly??)
                                                      Kist was clearly using a HUD in his matches

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                        Wade will hop off King imo
                                                        Wade won't even want to be out there. He'll just want to get off the stage as soon as he can. If he loses the first leg, King will take him 5-1/5-2

Comment

Flushdraw

Comment

Flushdraw

Really thought King should have been fave for that game the way the players were playing and what results they needed. Had a double on Monk/King and an accum on Thornton/Taylor/Whitlock/MVG

Edit - lol at putting Taylor in an accum
                                                            Last edited by Flushdraw; 13-11-12, 21:47.

Comment

What a performance by Waites

Comment

What a performance by Waites
                                                                Didn't miss a dart!

Comment

I've never seen anything like what Hankey just did in that leg!

Comment

I've never seen anything like what Hankey just did in that leg!
                                                                    He looks like he's been on the drink and using the eye as an excuse

Comment

Originally posted by afex View Post
                                                                      He looks like he's been on the drink and using the eye as an excuse
                                                                      Buckled!

Comment

For those who missed it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Ha AJ. The chopped version is posted above to save sitting through almost 20 mins of torture!

Comment

Was just googling and saw he twittered this

Ted Hankey ‏@TedHankeyDarts
                                                                            I need to apologise to all my fans out there I was shocking I have had the flu since sun night and couldn't see out my left eye #verysorry

Comment

Treble tonight pays about 9/2

Anderson to beat Lewis, Hamilton to beat Nicholson and Newton to beat Jenkins. Thoughts?

Comment

Hankey should've pulled out, that was embarrassing.

'Paddy Power have today refunded just over £2,000 to punters who backed Ted Hankey in last night’s Grand Slam of Darts group match against Michael Van Gerwen.

Hankey, looked (ahem) well off the pace missing the board twice and only averaging a shocking 59 which is the lowest three-dart average in television history.

The former two-time world champion finished legless in a 5-0 hammering by Mighty Mike who now faces Phil Taylor in the next round.

A spokesperson for Paddy Power said “Having looked at the footage it’s clear to us that Hankey was aiming at the wrong types of doubles, those who backed him never got a run for their money and the only fair thing to do is to refund them their stake.”

Hankey certainly looked out for the count as Michael Van Gerwen stormed to a convincing victory'.

Comment

Treble tonight pays about 9/2

Anderson to beat Lewis, Hamilton to beat Nicholson and Newton to beat Jenkins. Thoughts?
                                                                                  I do like it but one thing I've learned over the years is never ever punt on the Acca killer Terry Jenkins. No matter which way I go, he will fuck me

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                    I do like it but one thing I've learned over the years is never ever punt on the Acca killer Terry Jenkins. No matter which way I go, he will fuck me
                                                                                    Same goes for punting for and against Newton! Anderson is up 1st, Hamilton is up 6th and then Jenkins is on next. If i get that far, i may lay off a little and freeroll the match just to make sure!

Comment

I like O'Shea 4/6 to bt Part

Comment

lol from the darts forum on boards

Comment

FU Anderson

Comment

FU Anderson
                                                                                            I can never punt the first game in any accums at these evnts with loads of matches, always goes wrong I find

Comment

Wow Mardle called the Dolan match perfectly before play started 5-0.

Comment

Wow Mardle called the Dolan match perfectly before play started 5-0.
                                                                                                Mardle is a clown.

Comment

ahhh paul nicholson...the poster boy of sky over-hyping average sportsmen.

Apparently wearing shades and talking complete shite about being able to beat anybody on his day is "contraversial"..
                                                                                                  Last edited by Jaysoose; 14-11-12, 21:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post

Apparently wearing shades and talking complete shite about being able to beat anybody on his day is "contraversial"..
                                                                                                    Key match for Dolan there though, looked for a bit like it could have ended in a shoot out between him and Nicholson

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post

Pretty clever by Nicholson though.

2 months of good form and a deep run in the Worlds would get him a PL spot since Sky pick 4 of them now.

Comment

At the moment the Order of Merit Top 4 is Taylor, Lewis, Wade, Anderson.
                                                                                                        Taylor Lewis are definite to stay in the Top 4, and Wade is long odds on to do so.
                                                                                                        Anderson is very vulnerable though as he needs to match his runners up spot in the World Two years ago to keep his ranking.

Quite plausible that Newton will overtake him, so you'd then have MVG, RVB, Anderson and Whitlock all needing wildcards, so there isn't really a space for Nico unless Sky are willing to leave one of those 4 out. (Not sure RVB actually deserves a slot but suspect they'll give it to him).

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDC_Order_of_Merit
                                                                                                          Taylor Lewis are definite to stay in the Top 4, and Wade is long odds on to do so.
                                                                                                          Anderson is very vulnerable though as he needs to match his runners up spot in the World Two years ago to keep his ranking.

Quite plausible that Newton will overtake him, so you'd then have MVG, RVB, Anderson and Whitlock all needing wildcards, so there isn't really a space for Nico unless Sky are willing to leave one of those 4 out. (Not sure RVB actually deserves a slot but suspect they'll give it to him).
                                                                                                          Can see them only having 1 Dutch tbh, if Barney has another stinker at the Worlds then MVG will be in. Long way to go obv as the Worlds will have a big say but if it was decided right now I'd reckon the 4 WCs would be Whitlock, Newton/Anderson, Hamilton and MVG

edit, just copped 1 of Newton/Anderson would be in the top 4
                                                                                                          Last edited by KevIRL; 14-11-12, 22:53.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDC_Order_of_Merit

MVG and RVB walk in. Dutch audiences.

Nico had a chance the previous two years. Great form on the floor and deep runs on the stage.

This season he hasn't a chance tbf.

Comment

Ya what CHD said, Barney is a massive draw still, I think they almost have a wildcard to Van Der Voort last year after his walk on went stratospheric, so that will tell you how much they value the Dutch audience

Comment

Monk/MvG upset double tomorrow

Comment

15 euro on MVG to beat Taylor tonight. 2/1 with PP.. One of the top form players at the moment and 2/1 is a fair enough price imo

Comment

Monk +3.5
                                                                                                                    MvG +2.5
                                                                                                                    Thornton +1.5

For my stupid treble of the night.

Comment

Taylor -2.5 legs @ 2.10 to beat MVG, Taylor will be out to quieten the young upstart and show that he's still boss.

Also having a bet on Thornton to beat Waites @ 2.46, Waites obviously playing well after beating Taylor but Thornton is also in great form and over the longer format I expect him to him to get the job done and that's a great price.

Comment

Yeah Thornton should get the job done.

Waites can win this whole thing though, Thornton is just really tough to beat.

Comment

Winstanley all serious bizniz, Monk laughing.

Stupid kid needs to wake up, Winstanley will buckle if he puts few legs together.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X