Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker

Old 06-12-18, 17:40   #45701
elbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
I work for a property developer. Hate paying legal fees, however, having seen the hassle that poor conveyancing has caused the company, and the costs associated with remedying the problems, it is not an area i'd cut corners.

You'll only know the issues when they arise in a few decades time as you look to sell the property.

Unrelated note, broke my dominant hand, had surgery and screws inserted. Irish healthcare system has not treated me well...
When we sold our house a couple of years ago it turned out there were planning issues in relation to the extension the previous owner had built.

Nearly resulted in us losing out on our new house.

Could have ended up costing us a fortune but luckily I found someone to sign off on the extension.

Lionel Hutz might be ok but for the sake of an extra couple of grand why take the chance.

Last edited by elbows; 06-12-18 at 17:42.
elbows is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 06-12-18, 17:53   #45702
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Bear in mind the obvious point that paying more doesn't equate to getting better service. But maybe paying more to the right solicitor does. There are no quality ratings on solicitors. Presumably they're also insurance bonded in case of bad service, regardless of amount paid?
Hitchhiker's Guide To... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 17:58   #45703
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Those leftist controlling fcktards have now made dick measuring analogies verboten

Quote:
A SENIOR director with video game giant Electronic Arts (EA) says he was fired for allegedly telling a female colleague he was not "going to pull my dick out and put it on the table" next to another woman colleague "to see who has the bigger dick".
2 Thanks From:
Old 06-12-18, 18:04   #45704
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Seems the net effect one year later of Trumps $1.5 trillion borrowing from the poor to give to companies has been a fall in stock prices. That guy has all the smarts.
Old 06-12-18, 18:16   #45705
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post
When we sold our house a couple of years ago it turned out there were planning issues in relation to the extension the previous owner had built.

Could have ended up costing us a fortune but luckily I found someone to sign off on the extension.

Lionel Hutz might be ok but for the sake of an extra couple of grand why take the chance.
Coincidentally, we met Elbows in Beshoffs seconds after he posted this and got the full tour of the legendary potato room. I was impressed, not sure the kids grasped the momentousness of what they were seeing.
Old 06-12-18, 18:20   #45706
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
Those leftist controlling fcktards have now made dick measuring analogies verboten
I was doing some mandatory manager training today (like online shite, but you have to do it on pain of dismemberment). The very first scenario concerned a manager who had taken his team out on the lash the night before and had a smeaking suspicion he might have behaved inapprpriately towards the attractive new hire....awkwardness and moral dilemnas ensue.

It was like a 2 out of 10 on the scale of potentially bad shit. Americans are so straight-laced it's nuts. No swearing in meetings either.
Old 06-12-18, 18:23   #45707
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Was the correct answer:

1. Promote her to a level that the awkwardness dissipates
2. Resolve to only hire uggos from this point forward
Old 06-12-18, 18:24   #45708
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

Just out for dinner and got our bottle of Rioja in a cooler with ice....we are back.... #tigertwo

PS is Rigger still alive?

2018 Live Irish Poker Rankings

Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 19:21   #45709
Wombatman

Why link conveyancing fees to the property value? Is more work required the higher the property price or something?
Old 06-12-18, 19:22   #45710
elbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
Coincidentally, we met Elbows in Beshoffs seconds after he posted this and got the full tour of the legendary potato room. I was impressed, not sure the kids grasped the momentousness of what they were seeing.
It was great to meet the Duke clan and finally show off our wonderful potato room.
Old 06-12-18, 19:24   #45711
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
It was great to meet the Duke clan and finally show off our wonderful potato room.
"it smells of potato" was the gist of the feedback.

Although they did point you in the direction of expansion opportunities, which I thought showed some entrepreneurial spark.

"why don't you make crisps?"
Old 06-12-18, 19:26   #45712
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice75 View Post
Fairly sure I remember meeting him in the summer, lurking suspiciously outside the NCI.
Old 06-12-18, 19:43   #45713
dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice75 View Post

Yeah. Went for tea and cake last week.

He's just informed me he has a steak at home. He didn't say if he's cooking it or not.
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 06-12-18, 21:00   #45714
MrsFlushdraw
5 Star Mammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
Bear in mind the obvious point that paying more doesn't equate to getting better service. But maybe paying more to the right solicitor does. There are no quality ratings on solicitors. Presumably they're also insurance bonded in case of bad service, regardless of amount paid?
Do you remember a few years back there was a site out there called something like rateyoursolicitor? I think it got taken down, but did read a good bit on it when I was working in a Solicitors. Some nasty stuff left on it.
MrsFlushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 21:27   #45715
Kayroo
Pedantophile
Tetris Champion, Asteroids Champion

Quote:

Yeah this is basically exactly what I was going to say.

Solicitor only seems like a waste of money if he does a great job. What was all the fuss over. Sure, you could do it yourself and it might seem like it worked but down the road if you have an impaired title or planning issues or you didnít register it properly or you failed to create a mandatory registration or any of a huge number of possible things. I have done enough applications to fix title or opinions to clarify title issues to know that doing this yourself is a bad idea.

That being said, I misunderstood the quote you originally gave. Including outlays thatís probably closer to 3k. Thatís closer to being right. 3-6k all in would be the average Iíd say.
Thanks From:
Old 06-12-18, 21:37   #45716
5starpool
Administrator

We paid 2755 for our house purchase which was a new build and no sale by us involved, so on the more straightforward end of the scale.
Old 06-12-18, 22:18   #45717
Trippie

Season 2 of Ms. Maisel starting off just as good as the first.
Trippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 22:53   #45718
Tar.Aldarion

Send a message via MSN to Tar.Aldarion Send a message via Skype™ to Tar.Aldarion
I guess who you go for really depends on how complicated it could be (if you can gauge that?), obviously if there was an extension you would want that looked into in particular.

I was told by all and sundry to get a solicitor for my PIAB application. Maybe the average lout should get one but to me, having seen what is involved, it was just a waste of 3-4 grand. I can see why, in general, it was advised for people to get one. After a PIAB adjudication is contested is when a legal team are much more useful.
Old 07-12-18, 08:51   #45719
Kayroo
Pedantophile
Tetris Champion, Asteroids Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
I guess who you go for really depends on how complicated it could be (if you can gauge that?), obviously if there was an extension you would want that looked into in particular.

I was told by all and sundry to get a solicitor for my PIAB application. Maybe the average lout should get one but to me, having seen what is involved, it was just a waste of 3-4 grand. I can see why, in general, it was advised for people to get one. After a PIAB adjudication is contested is when a legal team are much more useful.
If it's likely to go past PIAB or if you think there's a reasonable chance of it then you don't want to torpedo your claim by an innocent error in the PIAB stage. But for small claims or injuries doing it yourself is perfectly reasonable.
Old 07-12-18, 08:52   #45720
ionapaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippie View Post
Season 2 of Ms. Maisel starting off just as good as the first.
Think I managed to watch 2 1/2 episodes of the first season (are there 4 in total?); didn't stop because it wasn't enjoyable, rather our Amazon Prime subscription ran out and I haven't bothered getting a torrent, the wife saw the entire first season so less reason to do so. Thought it was excellent!
ionapaul is online now   Reply With Quote

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker