Best Android Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
    I have the Galaxy S and it takes ages to send an email . Is there something i need to set on it to speed up the process .
    Its the same wether i am connected to wifi or not
    who the fuck sends an email from a phone, send it like normal peeps from your pc!!
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
      who the fuck sends an email from a phone, send it like normal peeps from your pc!!
      Trying to send photos from my phone you mong

Comment

Trying to send photos from my phone you mong
        have you tried drop box yet its class!!!
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

have you tried drop box yet its class!!!
          Whats that do/for , and where do i get it

Comment

Whats that do/for , and where do i get it
            google it and download it on pc and then in app store, its a free online facility to store all your pics or documents etc! you can make them public so others can sign in and see your pics.

no matter what pc ur at anywhere in the world all your stuff is there, you can upload pics straight from ur mobile to it, its brill!!

i have put all my pics there so if anything happens to pc at least i know my pics are safe there!!
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

google it and download it on pc and then in app store, its a free online facility to store all your pics or documents etc! you can make them public so others can sign in and see your pics.

no matter what pc ur at anywhere in the world all your stuff is there, you can upload pics straight from ur mobile to it, its brill!!

i have put all my pics there so if anything happens to pc at least i know my pics are safe there!!
              Ahh photobucket is the same thing.

Comment

Ahh photobucket is the same thing.
                no i think they are different, just install the fuckin thing will ya, ask carlo think he is big into it!!!
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  Next Project:

Wifi Ftp Server
                  Get SwiFTP from the market
                  Open the SwiFTP and start it. Look for the address on WiFi URL: and remember it...

Open File Explorer on your PC, right-click on My Computer and select Map network drive...

In the Map network drive dialog box, click on "Connect to a Web site...bla bla bla..." and click Next...

Until you see it ask you to "Choose a custom network location", highlight it and click "Next"...

On the dialog where it asked to type in a network address, type in the WiFi URL from SwiFTP (add in /sdcard/ to easily start in your device's sdcard) and click "Next"...

In between, if it ask whether to log in as anonymous, you can key in your username as you've put into the SwiFTP.

On this dialog, you can give a name to your device. This will appear on your PC's File Explorer..

Click "Next" and when you're done, click "Finish"...

Now, when ever you want to access your device wireless-ly, just click on it from your File Explorer and key in your password when prompted...
                  Props for this one!!

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good app for recording phone calls. Have a couple of interviews to conduct this week and wanted to record them.

Cheers.

Comment

My phone used to alert me when I recieved an email, and used to alert me when I recieved a twitter notification. Now it does neither and i have to manually use both apps to check them. Any idea how I can fix it? Samsung Galaxy S2 btw. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                        My phone used to alert me when I recieved an email, and used to alert me when I recieved a twitter notification. Now it does neither and i have to manually use both apps to check them. Any idea how I can fix it? Samsung Galaxy S2 btw. Cheers.
                        Can you not just go to setting,.....push notifications.......check the ones you want
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

I lost my phone (Galaxy S) about a mth back .
                          Think i might have spotted it in somebody elses possession . I had a sneaky check on the phone to see if any of my numbers or apps were still there but the phone looks as if it was wiped clean .
                          Is there any other way that i or my provider can check or trace if its mine .

Comment

IMEI number
                            get the phone and type *# 0 6 # into it.
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

IMEI number
                              get the phone and type *# 0 6 # into it.
                              If i gave VFone this persons no. would they be able to tell if it was my phone by the imei no.
                              Should i have a record of the imei number somewhere?

Comment

you should have the imei on the bill/box it came in
                                No I dont think VF would get involved on that level (i could be wrong I dont work mobile)
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Anyway to purchase apps without giving credit card info, even using someone elses Google Checkout account?
                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Not sure if you can do it without a credit card, but if you download the app 4shared and search for what you want with .apk at the end of it, you can get most apps for free. Might not be strictly legal though.

I put my credit card details in the app store when I first got my phone and as far as I can see there's no way to delete them.. Had my 3 year old son buying apps all over the place before I realized you could pin protect it! Had to delete a smurfs game I downloaded for him cos there was an option to buy $99 worth of smurfberries!! I think I would have cried if he bought them.

Comment

I can buy a galaxy s that is blocked to do me until i get sorted with the insurance company ( they are giving me hassle ).
                                      The seller tells me i can get the imei number changed so it will work .
                                      Is this true and if so who does it .

Comment

I can buy a galaxy s that is blocked to do me until i get sorted with the insurance company ( they are giving me hassle ).
                                        The seller tells me i can get the imei number changed so it will work .
                                        Is this true and if so who does it .
                                        Damo by blocked do you mean 'blacklisted' as in an insurance job?

If yes then just call the network and tell them you have a phone that you previously lost but have now found and you want it 'un-blacklisted'

Don't think it's possible to get the IMEI number changed.

Comment

Can anyone tell me if these apps would be relevant for the ePad 7' tablet?

Comment

Originally posted by flushjee View Post
                                            Can anyone tell me if these apps would be relevant for the ePad 7' tablet?
                                            Is the ePad 72 an Android tablet?
                                            Does it have the Google Marketplace available on it?

If yes the all these apps are available on the device...

Comment

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post

If yes then just call the network and tell them you have a phone that you previously lost but have now found and you want it 'un-blacklisted'

It's possible to change the imei but good luck finding someone who will do it as you can get up to 5 years in prison for it

Comment

Not an ins job/scam

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post

Long story short

Lost phone thurs 27th oct , Called VF the nxt day to report it lost .
                                                The CS rep tried to connect me to to VF insurance but couldnt get thru so gave me the number to try . I tried to call them for 4 days and eventually got them on tues 1st nov .
                                                The rep explained to me that they were closed due to the bank hols , took my details and told me there was a 48 hr waiting period (fine by me )

Called them on thurs 3rd and they said everthing looked fine but i would have to pay an outstanding balance of €81 before they could proceed with my claim .
                                                Done that and called them back to be told i would have to ring CS to get the handset barred .
                                                Done that and was told i would have a phone in the post by the following tues. By the wed i had no phone so i called them to find out where my phone was and they told me my claim was declined because i had not reported it lost strait away and i didnt get it barred until a wk later .

Since then they have also cancelled my ins policy .

In short VF ins are cunts and VF themselves are useless cunts .

Advice to anyone is dont bother taking out insurance , its worthless .

Comment

Damo, go onto the boards.ie talk to Vodafone forum.
                                                  Explain the situation (be nice) and you should be sorted.

Comment

Damo, go onto the boards.ie talk to Vodafone forum.
                                                    Explain the situation (be nice) and you should be sorted.
                                                    Thanks for that , didnt know it existed .

Ive allready gone thru the appeals process and after exhausting it with Ace aswell .
                                                    So it's gone to the insurance ombudsman now , hopefully they can get somewhere for me .

Comment

It's in their interest to sort it once you bring it to a public forum

Comment

Can anyone recommend an app to save web articles to read later?

Perhaps one that would work with my chrome browser as well, ie articles I save on my phone I can look on computer and vice versa. Happy to pay for one if it's the best option.

Any help appreciated.

Comment

Need an app to open word document, when i transfer word documents into dropbox it wont open Microsoft word doc, thought dropbox would support this

Sorted
                                                          Last edited by TheImprover; 04-01-12, 00:04.

Comment

Dunno if this was posted, since I got my new 32 gb card for HTC, i have downloaded loads of movies and tv shows on it. half the stuff wouldnt play so I got this from app store, its brilliant love the layout. love the way you can also pinch the screen to do stuff. like zoom and volume control.

plays every file that i have tried!
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

I tried to open up a training vid on a site using my HTC and it asked me to download Microsoft Silverlight. The only download options it gave me were for Windows or Mac, and not Android so it didn't work.

Is there a way to download it, or if i have something else downloaded in it's place, will it just use that to open it instead?

Will try Michelle's link below if that's the case.

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                              Dunno if this was posted, since I got my new 32 gb card for HTC, i have downloaded loads of movies and tv shows on it. half the stuff wouldnt play so I got this from app store, its brilliant love the layout. love the way you can also pinch the screen to do stuff. like zoom and volume control.

plays every file that i have tried!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                I tried to open up a training vid on a site using my HTC and it asked me to download Microsoft Silverlight. The only download options it gave me were for Windows or Mac, and not Android so it didn't work.

Is there a way to download it, or if i have something else downloaded in it's place, will it just use that to open it instead?

No siverlight on android unfortunately, if only there was becasue thats why skygo uses
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

did it work tony?
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

very strange problem with my android HTC desire S

I recently put some new numbers in my phone... I got a message today from someone and the number wasn't known but when I opened the message it was from someone in my phone book and we had sent several previous messages which are all there.. But for some reason it is not associating the name with the number... most older numbers seems to work but it's definitely not picking up the numbers when these people call either..

any ideas?
                                                                    Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                      did it work tony?
                                                                      nah Michelle, no joy. The program is only looking for Silverlight and nothing else so can't use anything else to watch the video unfortunately for me

Comment

Originally posted by Macspower View Post
                                                                        very strange problem with my android HTC desire S

I recently put some new numbers in my phone... I got a message today from someone and the number wasn't known but when I opened the message it was from someone in my phone book and we had sent several previous messages which are all there.. But for some reason it is not associating the name with the number... most older numbers seems to work but it's definitely not picking up the numbers when these people call either..

any ideas?
                                                                        The phonebook system on the HTC is a pile of shite imo. I often get messages from unknown numbers that are in my phonebook. I also deleted a number from my phonebook/facebook etc and it came through as the number/name. My brothers number is a torture. I've tried deleting it (as above), entering it as 086, 00353 but i still can't reply to a message he sends me. It's just a buggy buggy system imo

Comment

Maybe try Skyfire Browser or Opera? They process the website on their server before they send it to your phone, that might process the silverlight video. I know it used to work with windows mobile phones that didnt natively support flash video years ago
                                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

nah Michelle, no joy. The program is only looking for Silverlight and nothing else so can't use anything else to watch the video unfortunately for me
                                                                            i think they are working on silverlight for android i remember reading up about it when trying to get skyplayer goin! they are workin on a skygo app too if anyone is waiting, about the only spot iphone is winning at the moment
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Guys I have the Sony xperia 10i and am trying to get the app FilmOn Tv but wont show up in the market, a mate of mine has it on his smart phone and seems to be running fine, wondering if its my hands set or the app its self ???
                                                                              https://twitter.com/WesoFarrell

http://www.pmvtrust.ie/

Comment

Can see FilmOn TV in the Market on my SGS II I've been using it on my phone for a while now, good App

Comment

Any suggestions on wat I need/can do,
                                                                                  Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by bottom feeder View Post
                                                                                    Guys I have the Sony xperia 10i and am trying to get the app FilmOn Tv but wont show up in the market, a mate of mine has it on his smart phone and seems to be running fine, wondering if its my hands set or the app its self ???

Comment

Keeps saying this item is not compatible wit your device ? Any other apps that more or less does the same thing ?

Comment

Must be the handset Wes. Works fine for me on my Galaxy Nexus, and also on my old Desire. I don't know any similar apps though I'm afraid.

Comment

Has anybody ever used tracking apps/remote wipe apps anything along those lines? I rang my phone 20 minutes or so after I realised it was stolen & it went straight to voicemail it had a sim and screenlock doubtful they got to any of my info, but the person would have access to the memory card, nothing bad on it just pics I would of liked to keep of my family/friends is there anyway to protect the SD card from future accidents.

Apps like THIS or THIS any input greatly appreciated.
                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Astro File Manager is working ok on the Wildfire S but its not letting me move files I put on it for personal ringtones/alerts.

Comment

...
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                Astro File Manager is working ok on the Wildfire S but its not letting me move files I put on it for personal ringtones/alerts.
                                                                                                Unsure what you mean here, I use astro if you re phrase maybe I can help
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

If its just general moving you want ie cut/paste you hold your finger on file you want to move and click move on mini menu then, go to desired location and there's a paste button along the top
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Has anybody ever used tracking apps/remote wipe apps anything along those lines? I rang my phone 20 minutes or so after I realised it was stolen & it went straight to voicemail it had a sim and screenlock doubtful they got to any of my info, but the person would have access to the memory card, nothing bad on it just pics I would of liked to keep of my family/friends is there anyway to protect the SD card from future accidents.

Apps like THIS or THIS any input greatly appreciated.
                                                                                                    Does HTC Sense on the Wildfire not do all this for you anyway? I know it does on my Desire HD, not sure if that's the case for all HTC phones though.
                                                                                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                      No experience of them, but they both look excellent. Think might get the paid one - Cerberus? That would have been so handy to have had the other one on the day, although you'd nearly need a backup phone to track the GPS signals on the stolen phone?
                                                                                                      I tried the Plan B one on my new phone and it worked, located it to with 50 meters.

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                      If its just general moving you want ie cut/paste you hold your finger on file you want to move and click move on mini menu then, go to desired location and there's a paste button along the top
                                                                                                      Yeah been doing that but the folder I want to copy it into I keep getting an error message basically saying I don't have permission, yet I can move files that are already on the phone to other folders.

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                      Does HTC Sense on the Wildfire not do all this for you anyway? I know it does on my Desire HD, not sure if that's the case for all HTC phones though.
                                                                                                      I'm kinda lost with this one?

Comment

I'm kinda lost with this one?
                                                                                                        With my phone you can log into HTC sense online and track the phone, lock it, set it so it can only ring one number and display a message etc, didn't you also get a HTC phone? Good chance you can do similiar if so.

Comment

With my phone you can log into HTC sense online and track the phone, lock it, set it so it can only ring one number and display a message etc, didn't you also get a HTC phone? Good chance you can do similiar if so.
                                                                                                          I always thought the HTC Sense was just the GUI, details on this thing you are talking about links etc?

Comment

I always thought the HTC Sense was just the GUI, details on this thing you are talking about links etc?
                                                                                                            Yeah confusingly they give this the same name for some weird reason...

https://www.htcsense.com/ is the link, I think you just sign up as a new member there. Once signed up, if it's the same as my phone, it'll do all the remote tracking and things from the website.

Comment

Yeah confusingly they give this the same name for some weird reason...

https://www.htcsense.com/ is the link, I think you just sign up as a new member there. Once signed up, if it's the same as my phone, it'll do all the remote tracking and things from the website.
                                                                                                              Never knew that cheers for the heads up man

Comment

D'oh I picked my old phone instead of my new phone, do you know how to change it?

Comment

Haven't a clue unfortunately, assume it's an easy enough process somewhere in the settings though

Comment

Is there any app that will take articles I favourite on twitter and send them to my kindle?

Seems to be an iPhone app that does it but not one for Android.

Comment

sorted :-)
                                                                                                                      Last edited by TheDrunkenOne; 21-02-12, 11:12.

Comment

On the Right Hook yesterday they were talking about an android app called Film On plus. Apparently you can get all the English channels live on it and some sports channels.
                                                                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

looking for an app to install on my daughters phone (blackberry) that will send a copy of her sent and recieved texts to my phone or my email.
                                                                                                                          also her phone is constantly locked so i would be looking for ideas on how to install it without her knowing.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X