Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Online Tournament & Promotions Discussion

Old 12-06-17, 11:38   #21
ionapaul

I'm thinking of adding tickets to each event (a $10 ticket for 1st and a $5 for 2nd, good for one of the nightly network-wide MTTs) and then a personalised ticket packet for the top three players of the series:

Event PositionPrizeLeaderboard PositionPrize
1st$101st$250
2rd$52rd$100
  3rd$50
Total added per event$15  
x Number of events8  
Total prizes$120 $400

Total IPB Series prizes  $520

How does this look? I'm guessing it's not really up for discussion so we can proceed with this unless people really want the goodies distributed a different way.

I'll probably set up the tournaments later this week (to start from June 23rd) and see how we get on.

They may have to be open to everyone on GGPoker, but I won't include anything about added prizes in the lobby description so hopefully no-one else plays.

In terms of securing the added prizes, let's say that players must have an existing account on IPB by the end of this week in order to be eligible for any added prize; it should be relatively easy to police this given the nature of the IPB community.

Last edited by ionapaul; 12-06-17 at 11:40.
ionapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-17, 19:16   #22
darwinatemyhamster

Would it not be possible to password protect them?
darwinatemyhamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-17, 19:40   #23
balfejohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionapaul View Post
I'm thinking of adding tickets to each event (a $10 ticket for 1st and a $5 for 2nd, good for one of the nightly network-wide MTTs) and then a personalised ticket packet for the top three players of the series:

Event PositionPrizeLeaderboard PositionPrize
1st$101st$250
2rd$52rd$100
  3rd$50
Total added per event$15  
x Number of events8  
Total prizes$120 $400

Total IPB Series prizes  $520

How does this look? I'm guessing it's not really up for discussion so we can proceed with this unless people really want the goodies distributed a different way.

I'll probably set up the tournaments later this week (to start from June 23rd) and see how we get on.

They may have to be open to everyone on GGPoker, but I won't include anything about added prizes in the lobby description so hopefully no-one else plays.

In terms of securing the added prizes, let's say that players must have an existing account on IPB by the end of this week in order to be eligible for any added prize; it should be relatively easy to police this given the nature of the IPB community.
Looks good will sign up by Thursday
Fair play for getting this started
balfejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 13-06-17, 09:23   #24
ionapaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
Would it not be possible to password protect them?
I can't currently password protect them, but as there will be no obvious added value to any of these, I just can't see the tournaments attracting many randomers - they will appear as $5 and $10 tournament with no GTD prizepool or link elsewhere, and very small fields! In any case, I'll only award prizes to actual IPBers, will be easy to check this I hope.
ionapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 12-02-18, 15:14   #25
holdem4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris View Post
Looks good to me. Will try my best to play. Only 1 day I know I can't play. Was happy with the more Omaha and would like HORSE etc but know that's not popular and the numbers definitely dropped for those games in previous leagues.
The good Old Days
holdem4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Online Tournament & Promotions Discussion