Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Arsenal look like a different team. Top class today and first to everything..will win this comfortably

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Whats that about? His ex working with his rival could be a bit complicated.
        Just goes to show how incestous it is between “journalists “ and politicians here.political journalists are just access junkies that’s all.glad he’s not gonna be on radio anyway,he was tough listening

Comment

Amazed porter didn’t get his jaw broken given the allegations. Would be a Legit response to what he allegedly did

Comment

Whats that about? His ex working with his rival could be a bit complicated.
            Ex-rival.

Now minion.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              DING DING! Arsenal playing very well.
              As a spurs fan who's brother in law and a lot of guys in my mini league have Kane as captain it's a small bit of comfort in a game it fought we would win easily enough.

Erickson obv wore his shoting boots out during the week but it sounds like Kane missed a few he would expect to take any other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Probably, tonight's everyday wine is Chateau Pipeau Richotey

Grand stuff, say it was about €12 in la France. Drinks like a €35 shop-bought St Emilion here - €70 in a restaurant. Dip into a box and see what comes out is usually the policy until I get down to the last 60 bottles or so.

All about the valoo. Oddly enough, I'd say I'm more discerning with white wine these days than red.
                It's hard to go wrong with a Bordeaux Sup - This has been my everyday wine for a while now and it's very good although you do need to let it open up a bit before drinking which can require a little planning in advance.

What whites are you drinking at the minute? You've always loved whites from Graves, no? I'm in a bit of a NZ Sav Blanc rut at the minute, not that it's necessarily a bad thing but think I need to branch out a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                  As a spurs fan who's brother in law and a lot of guys in my mini league have Kane as captain it's a small bit of comfort in a game it fought we would win easily enough.

Erickson obv wore his shoting boots out during the week but it sounds like Kane missed a few he would expect to take any other day.
                  Kane was very well marked. Any time he had a shot there was Arsenal players throwing themselves at him. Top defending. Also he seemed to have a slight limp when he was running and his thigh was heavily strapped so not 100% fit. Son just missed an absolute sitter with 5 left to make an interesting finish

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    Just goes to show how incestous it is between “journalists “ and politicians here.political journalists are just access junkies that’s all.glad he’s not gonna be on radio anyway,he was tough listening
                    Who he
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Who he
                      O Donoghue

Comment

Brutal day for Ruby Walsh, couple of falls then bounces back with a winner, then falls again and looks like a broken leg.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Comment

It's been mentioned before but Amazon have great customer service.

My kindle broke a couple of weeks ago and I had bought a few books since the start of the year that I'm yet to read.

I definitely enjoy physical books far more and I could really tell the difference the past few weeks so I thought I'll chance my arm and ask Amazon would they be willing to exchange the kindle books i havent read yet for physical books.(dont know if they can even tell if its been read).

They got back to me and said no to the exchange but refunded me for the 20 or so books I've bought this year even though I've read 10-12 of them.(120GBP)
                            Last edited by Guest; 18-11-17, 15:20.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                              Joe Rogan's podcast is amazing, the voice of a lot of the mid 20s and 30s male population I would wager.
                              Heelllooo freak bitches...

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                Rogan's podcast can be very good depending on the guest. He does try to explore a lot of topics and the length of the podcast leads to pretty open & interesting conversations. Duncan Trussell & Russell Brand would be two guests that provided good content as an entry point!
                                Been an avid listener for 3 years, Randal Carlson #606 about the history of world climate is excellent.

Bill Burr was a great episode too.

Also, Joe's kicking skills are legit.

Joe Rogan's insane taekwondo kicks w/ Eddie Bravo.These clips were taken from various episodes of "Mastering the System" by Eddie Bravo.
                                Last edited by gorrrr72; 18-11-17, 15:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                  Brutal day for Ruby Walsh, couple of falls then bounces back with a winner, then falls again and looks like a broken leg.
                                  That's what he gets.
                                  Hup Ray.
                                  "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                  "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Amazed porter didn’t get his jaw broken given the allegations. Would be a Legit response to what he allegedly did
                                    Jaysis it seems everyone knows a story about someone else that he's groped. What a fucking scumbag. Also amazing he hasn't been knocked out. Maybe he has.

Comment

LOL England so lucky there

Comment

Nigel wouldn't put up with this shite from Farrell

Comment

Nigel wouldn't put up with this shite from Farrell
                                          Australia won't be buying the officials any drinks anyway.

England look to have gone backwards since last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                            It's hard to go wrong with a Bordeaux Sup - This has been my everyday wine for a while now and it's very good although you do need to let it open up a bit before drinking which can require a little planning in advance.

What whites are you drinking at the minute? You've always loved whites from Graves, no? I'm in a bit of a NZ Sav Blanc rut at the minute, not that it's necessarily a bad thing but think I need to branch out a bit.
                                            Riesling, white Bordeaux (yes Graves, also Pessac-Leognan. Bergerac great value), Picpoul de Punet, Muscadet, Loire chenin....

Comment

Dying for someone to deck Itoje. Is it just me or is he a Grade A wanker? Always talking shit to the opposition.

Comment

Adams to announce his retirement tonight apparently.

Hopefully SF make Mary Lou the new Presidente. She's a massive turn-off for voters.

Comment

Hopefully SF make Mary Lou the new Presidente. She's a massive turn-off for voters.
                                                  And Adams isn't?
                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Don't think I've ever opened a bottle of white wine at home other than sauternes.

Comment

RIP Malcolm Young.

One of the greatest rhythm guitarists and band leaders in rock n' roll.

Comment

Good to see Jordi Murphy back in green. Deserves a good run.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                          Highly doubt it, unless it a "il be stepping down in Nov 2020 type effort
                                                          He won't be there for the next election. I think it'll be much sooner.

Not that SF will have anything so democratic as a leadership election. Slab and the AC will pick the next front man\woman behing closed doors.

Comment

Wait, wha?

Chris ODonoghue is gay and is Leo's ex?

Huh?
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                              Wait, wha?

Chris ODonoghue is gay and is Leo's ex?

Huh?
                                                              Think it's just Donoghue.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                Think it's just Donoghue.
                                                                Oh yeah. Really surprised by that, my gaydar is usually finely tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                  Oh yeah. Really surprised by that, my gaydar is usually finely tuned.
                                                                  I'm just as surprised. If that makes you feel any better

Comment

Ireland not beating Fiji like a ginger stepchild seems weird too.

Comment

Down to the last of the vinyl. The Sugarcubes 'here today tomorrow next week', doubt it was ever played more than thrice

Released: June 1989Directed by: Óskar Jónasson / Thorgeir GunnarssonSong written by: The SugarcubesSong produced by: Derek Birkett & The SugarcubesThe Sugarc...

Comment

Ireland not beating Fiji like a ginger stepchild seems weird too.
                                                                        We may well be the ginger stepchildren today.

Pretty poor.

Comment

The Jam playing the Batman Theme deserves honourable mention too

Comment

Gerry doesn’t like people who get up early to go to the gym before work
                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 18-11-17, 20:43.

Comment

We may well be the ginger stepchildren today.

Pretty poor.
                                                                              Raoul, I'm using you as a segway to this pointless post as it's hockey related. Are you still involved at underage level?

No bus today as only one team were travelling so I somehow 'volunteered' to take on a 300km round trip for an under13 match. Two cars, 4 twelve year olds each(they play 8 a side). After about 15 minutes I stopped chatting and let them to it, it was clearly the way to go.
                                                                              We arrive to our hosts with barely a team and no subs(our keeper has tonsilitis and his stand in for the day was a forward who had never played in goal.
                                                                              We were greeted by 20+ lads all ready to play and clearly bigger than our primary school kids.
                                                                              Game kicks off and I find out from one of our host's parents that the majority of the kids we're playing are in first and second year. We go 3 down in the first half with them rotating players at will( this is ok as it's understood that everyone gets a game) but storm back to 3-3 during the second period only for the fresh legs of the opposition to eventually prove to be too much in a 6-4 first defeat of the season.
                                                                              Our lads were a little dejected on the journey home but I was immensely proud of them given the circumstances. As hard as I was pushing the moral victory line they weren't having any of it, I admire them for that but still like!
                                                                              Anyway pointless post over, enjoying my beer now while my lads googling field hockey tactics( I shit you not).

Comment

Good shout.comrade ferris not going for re-election either

Comment

Anyone remember why Frank Cluskey resigned as minister for Trade etc in 1983?

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                    Raoul, I'm using you as a segway to this pointless post as it's hockey related. Are you still involved at underage level?

No bus today as only one team were travelling so I somehow 'volunteered' to take on a 300km round trip for an under13 match. Two cars, 4 twelve year olds each(they play 8 a side). After about 15 minutes I stopped chatting and let them to it, it was clearly the way to go.
                                                                                    We arrive to our hosts with barely a team and no subs(our keeper has tonsilitis and his stand in for the day was a forward who had never played in goal.
                                                                                    We were greeted by 20+ lads all ready to play and clearly bigger than our primary school kids.
                                                                                    Game kicks off and I find out from one of our host's parents that the majority of the kids we're playing are in first and second year. We go 3 down in the first half with them rotating players at will( this is ok as it's understood that everyone gets a game) but storm back to 3-3 during the second period only for the fresh legs of the opposition to eventually prove to be too much in a 6-4 first defeat of the season.
                                                                                    Our lads were a little dejected on the journey home but I was immensely proud of them given the circumstances. As hard as I was pushing the moral victory line they weren't having any of it, I admire them for that but still like!
                                                                                    Anyway pointless post over, enjoying my beer now while my lads googling field hockey tactics( I shit you not).
                                                                                    Good job.

I coach my daughter's age group, 5th\6th class girls. Doubt they listen to me much though.

Comment

I was 8. But wasn't he some uber-leftie type?

Comment

I was 8. But wasn't he some uber-leftie type?
                                                                                        Yeah, always thought of him as an Irish Michael Foot. Just curious about the resigning part, as that's something Irish politicians just don't do.

Comment

Bad day for music from opposite ends of the spectrum. Matter of hours for teen heartthrob David Cassidy and Malcolm Young gone earlier. Coincidentally both had dementia.

Comment

Yeah, always thought of him as an Irish Michael Foot. Just curious about the resigning part, as that's something Irish politicians just don't do.
                                                                                            Something to do with the precursor to Bord Gais, guess FG wanted it to run more efficiently and he was protecting the workers from that efficiency.

Don't thnk its that unusual for Labour politicians to resign from ministerial office mid coalition, didn't Ro Shortall do it recently enough.

Comment

Just saw a picture of that FG lad who had to resign over abusing women on social media,had never heard of him before but if you had shown me a picture of him a week ago I would have instantly said he’s a former young Fine Gaeler (he used to be head of it). He just has that look

Comment

Seems Al Porter is gone ,that’s a fairly dizzying rise and fall. More stories to come tomorrow apparently.id imagine this train is gonna keep on rolling

Comment

Seems Al Porter is gone ,that’s a fairly dizzying rise and fall. More stories to come tomorrow apparently.id imagine this train is gonna keep on rolling
                                                                                                  Jeez. I'm hoping I didn't drop the hand on anyone here. Emmet and Hitch and then Satnav would be the most likely victims.

Comment

How was the pub quiz?

Sounded a hoot

Comment

Good job.

I coach my daughter's age group, 5th\6th class girls. Doubt they listen to me much though.
                                                                                                      They probably don't if the conversation from my lot in the car was anything to go by. I was told their coach got the tactics wrong, they had no interest in my observations.
                                                                                                      It was genuinely magic to see such passion though, made the day worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                        A Porter in the hospital ? Hardly news .

That's the joke Willie.

Comment

I'm actually surprised by the Al Porter allegations. Obviously I don't know him but he just didn't seem the type. Thought he always came across as a good egg. If they are true, especially the hospital one, that's him finished with a pretty short career.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                            Last edited by BennyHiFi; 19-11-17, 01:36.

Comment

Jeez. I'm hoping I didn't drop the hand on anyone here. Emmet and Hitch and then Satnav would be the most likely victims.
                                                                                                              Funnily enough, today is the six year anniversary of some ipb outing or other.
                                                                                                              A load of semi compromising pics just showed up on my Google notifications.
                                                                                                              I honestly cannot remember taking any of them. Some old faces and some faces that were already old back then
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...
                                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                  I'm actually surprised by the Al Porter allegations. Obviously I don't know him but he just didn't seem the type. Thought he always came across as a good egg. If they are true, especially the hospital one, that's him finished with a pretty short career.
                                                                                                                  His whole sthick I’m queer depressed and from Tallaght fuck him.

Comment

Having lunch with Bertie in the local greasy spoon. 'That man used to be the boss of the country, so behave yourself' has done a good job of keeping the kids in line.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                      Having lunch with Bertie in the local greasy spoon. 'That man used to be the boss of the country, so behave yourself' has done a good job of keeping the kids in line.
                                                                                                                      You're having lunch with him or you're having lunch and he happens to be in the same place?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                        You're having lunch with him or you're having lunch and he happens to be in the same place?
                                                                                                                        Let's assume zuutroy is now Bertie's personal pilot and spiritual advisor (hence the Sunday luncheon).

That seems to be the most likely scenario here.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                          Sat about 2 ft away beside me and we engaged in pleasantries so I'm counting it as the former. Quite an endorsement of their fry, to be the choice of luminaries like us.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X