Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a little help on the river to read your hand..ruling

Live tourney 50e f.o

relatively early on, I was at the table beside the one where this happened so dint see the action first hand but doesn't really matter I dont think, essenstially

Board reads something like:
    73xx3
    on river;
    Player 1 checks
    Player 2 checks and announces two pair

Player 1 folds- throws his hand face down forwards

Player next to player 1 (not in pot) says "you have two pair too"

player 1 re checks board, reaches and turns up his hand up (which hadn't yet been properly mucked by dealer and shows 7x for 7's and 3's

player 2 then shows deuces for 2's and 3's but wants the pot though he's too vociferous about it...correct ruling????

Myself and 1 or two others when the debate piped up said cards speak and they could be identified etc etc, and since any player can technically ask to see any hand that gets to showdown I thought the 7x hand should scoop the pot and this indeed happened.

FWIW, and I know it's come up before, but I think announcing 2 pair and not turning up your hand in this type of spot while not awfully bad or anything and it I know it's technically true is still poor form for me(?)

What do people think of speaking up after in advertently spotting a players mistake like in this instance?

I have always hated people who say they have two pair in this kind of spot

Comment

Texas Holdem is a poker game where the best 5 card hand wins..announcing 2 pr is announcing your hand. Don't see any problem with it.

My understanding of the rule is that if the player in the hand asks to see he hand it becomes live but before anyone else asks to see it the hand must be declared dead.
      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
        announcing 2 pr is announcing your hand.
        no its not

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
          Texas Holdem is a poker game where the best 5 card hand wins..announcing 2 pr is announcing your hand. Don't see any problem with it.

My understanding of the rule is that if the player in the hand asks to see he hand it becomes live but before anyone else asks to see it the hand must be declared dead.
          Agreed its the same as if five hearts are on the board and player one announces flush, so what player two is gonna muck because he doesnt have a higher heart than the board?
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kie Diddy View Post

What do people think of speaking up after in advertently spotting a players mistake like in this instance?
            Best hand should win the loot. If someone at the table sees a mistake they should point it out.

Comment

best hand wins so long as the person doesn't say fold or the cards touch the muck.

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
                no its not
                Huh? Am I missing something?

Comment

It doesn't provide enough information for your opponent to determine (in all cases) whether they won the hand or not, therefore it is not, imo, declaring your hand

If the board is 2244K and you say two pair are you announcing your hand?

Comment

It doesn't provide enough information for your opponent to determine (in all cases) whether they won the hand or not, therefore it is not, imo, declaring your hand

If I have AQ, then yes, it is. To borrow a Kayroo'ism, technically correct is the best kind of correct. Your hand is the best 5 cards from your hole cards and the community cards, if that transpires to be 2244A from your example then calling 2 pair is correct for what your hand is.

Comment

No its not Fuzzy, saying I've ace high is in that case.

Now ffs I presume we've both got better things to be doing than having this argument?

Comment

yes

best hand wins at showdown, I believe this is the rule being used these days. If the hand can be identified, the best hand wins at showdowns. Saying fold = hand dead, cards mixed in with the muck = hand dead, everything else, hand is live.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                          If I have AQ, then yes, it is. To borrow a Kayroo'ism, technically correct is the best kind of correct. Your hand is the best 5 cards from your hole cards and the community cards, if that transpires to be 2244A from your example then calling 2 pair is correct for what your hand is.
                          If you are playing someone stupid enough to fold a "two-pair" hand in this scenario then i'm afraid the stupid tax must be collected.

Comment

Working...
                          X