Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aintree tipping competition

Same as the Cheltenham version:

1. €50 entry fee. Winner takes 100% of the prize pool. You must pay in advance via bank transfer (PM for details if you don't have already). Don't whinge about this, everyone has online banking these days.

You are only entered when your money hits my account. My account is with AIB so if your isn't, you should probably pay 3 workings days before the off to ensure entry. AIB to AIB should be instant.
    I will pay out the prizepool immediately following the Festival to your bank account.

2. You get 1,000 fantasy euro to wager on the upcoming Aintree festival (Note; this is from 7-9 April i.e. Thursday to Saturday. Winner is obviously the person with the largest fantasy 'bank' at the end of the week.

3. Max bet per race is 100 fantasy euro. Win or each-way bets only (no place only bets). Minimum bet per race is 20 fantasy euro. You do not have to bet in every race. You can back more than one horse in a single race (up to a total stake of 100 in that race) but multiple selections can only add up to 100 fantasy euro max in that race. No doubles\trebles etc.
    The Place portion of any Each Way bet will be paid at 1/4 the odds of the S.P., number of places paid to be as per the bookies rules on the race.

3. You must wager a minimum of 250 fantasy euro per day of racing (unless you start the day with less in your bank)

4. All bets for each day's racing must be nominated in this thread by 1pm on each day of racing. If you have not posted by then, you will be presumed to have placed no bets for that day. One post per entrant per day. You can edit your post up to 1pm as much as you like, any editing after 1pm will result in forfeit of 750 fantasy euro and your bets for that day being null and void.

5. All bets are at official starting prices.

6. All my decisions are final and any disagreement is pointless.

7. I will post an updated League table each evening after the day's racing.

8. If you select a horse that is subsequently declared a non-runner (and do not amend your post before 1pm), your stake is automatically transferred to the favourite in that race. In the case of joint or co-favourites, it will transfer to the horse with the lowest racecard number.

9. I am a generous old bollix so all races will be Double Result (i.e. FPP and RoR).

Happy punting.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

I'll donate yet again. Ship funds tomorrow.

Comment

in

Comment

sent

Comment

In. Will ship tomorrow. Thistlecrack won't be 25/1 this year unfortunately.
          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Shipped

Comment

Shipped, Ref - Keith Aintree

Comment

Last year.

Dominant performance by Frossach.

Comment

Sent, cheers.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Sent
                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Oops, forgot about this also sent.

Comment

runners and riders so far (i.e. cash landed):

nicnicnic
                        White Knight
                        The Situation
                        LPlate
                        The Improver
                        Pat Mustard
                        Jibzzzz
                        Raoul Duke III
                        elbows

€450 in the pool so far
                        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 31-03-16, 13:24.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

1 stack of high society please, im in.

Comment

In also. Will ship 2moro if I get a chance

Comment

Sent there from ptsb prob be in yours tomorrow or mon

Comment

Runners and riders so far (i.e. cash landed):

nicnicnic
                                  White Knight
                                  The Situation
                                  LPlate
                                  The Improver
                                  Pat Mustard
                                  Jibzzzz
                                  Raoul Duke III
                                  elbows
                                  Rounders
                                  careca

€650 in the pool so far with three days to go. (Gazman and HH in transit)

Comment

Rounders poem sold me
                                    monies sended
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

In

Comment

€750 in the pool so far with three days to go.

Comment

Unless anyone has any serious objections, I am introducing a new rule:

Mimimum bet size = 20 (20 win or 10 e\w)

Comment

In money sent

Comment

In-Cash lodged in branch so you should have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                                In money sent
                                                Welcome back Champ.

Comment

W"in"ning
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...I'm in...No idea why because I'm 0 for 13 in these things...but win this and it'll cover my ff... will ship tonight or tomorrow...

Comment

€950 in the pool so far with three days to go.

Assuming everyone ships obviously but looking good for a four-figure payout.

Comment

In , will ship tomorrow a.m.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                          ...I'm in...No idea why because I'm 0 for 13 in these things...but win this and it'll cover my ff... will ship tonight or tomorrow...
                                                          ...Shipped just now...I should get a starting bank of 1100 because I'm kak...

Comment

How does one do a table for selections

Comment

nicnicnic
                                                              White Knight
                                                              The Situation
                                                              LPlate
                                                              The Improver
                                                              Pat Mustard
                                                              Jibzzzz
                                                              Raoul Duke III
                                                              elbows
                                                              Rounders
                                                              careca
                                                              New Approach
                                                              Strewelpeter
                                                              luckforsome.....
                                                              mdoug
                                                              Hitch
                                                              Frossach
                                                              NoRiverRequired

€900 in the pool so far with two days to go. Gazman, GAB and horatio in transit bringing us to
                                                              €1050.

I have €50 from some genius who gave a reference of 'AINTREE'. Presume it is one of you three in transit lads, can you please own up to it?
                                                              Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 05-04-16, 08:34.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                How does one do a table for selections
                                                                Read CHD's guide

Comment

send me on BIC and IBAN

or paypal is quicker (and I'm lazy)
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Shipped with usual ref.

Comment

In. Sent.

Comment

I declare this thread open for trash talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          I declare this thread open for trash talking.
                                                                          GFY!

Comment

nicnicnic
                                                                            White Knight
                                                                            The Situation
                                                                            LPlate
                                                                            The Improver
                                                                            Pat Mustard
                                                                            Jibzzzz
                                                                            Raoul Duke III
                                                                            elbows
                                                                            Rounders
                                                                            careca
                                                                            New Approach
                                                                            Strewelpeter
                                                                            luckforsome.....
                                                                            mdoug
                                                                            Hitch
                                                                            Frossach
                                                                            NoRiverRequired
                                                                            Gimmeabreak
                                                                            Dice

€1000 in the pool so far with two days to go. Gazman, Dead Parrot, luckforsome and horatio in transit bringing us to
                                                                            €1200.

Which is already more than the Cheltenham pool.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                              GFY!
                                                                              Subtle.

I think you're due in this. In the same way rounders and Elbows are.

Value.

Comment

#40
                                                                                In depending on whether you have the same bank account as the last one of these i was in as i can't find my bank card reader. (PM'd you)

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

nicnicnic
                                                                                  White Knight
                                                                                  The Situation
                                                                                  LPlate
                                                                                  The Improver
                                                                                  Pat Mustard
                                                                                  Jibzzzz
                                                                                  Raoul Duke III
                                                                                  elbows
                                                                                  Rounders
                                                                                  careca
                                                                                  New Approach
                                                                                  Strewelpeter
                                                                                  luckforsome.....
                                                                                  mdoug
                                                                                  Hitch
                                                                                  Frossach
                                                                                  NoRiverRequired
                                                                                  Gimmeabreak
                                                                                  Dice

€1000 in the pool so far with two days to go. Gazman, Dead Parrot, luckforsome and horatio in transit bringing us to
                                                                                  €1200.

Which is already more than the Cheltenham pool.
                                                                                  Hmmm. Had luckforsome in twice.

Correct total still €1200 with Ed included.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    What's the bank account deets?
                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                      What's the bank account deets?
                                                                                      Sent.

Note the new rule.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Thursday selections

Last edited by TheImprover; 07-04-16, 09:39.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                                                                          Thursday selections

Sizing John 100 win
                                                                                          Ivanovich Gorbatov 100 win
                                                                                          Cue Card 100 win
                                                                                          On The Fringe 100 win
                                                                                          Viconte Du Noyer 50 e/w
                                                                                          I was going to post this later but you beat me to it. Can you please post your picks as a table?

It's really easy to do and saves me lots of time.

Type your picks into a spreadsheet (use Google Spreadsheets).

Copy into a post here.

Wrap with TABLE tags. Easy Game.

There's a link earlier in this thread on how to do it.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            All monies received

24 runners face the starter.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Mine should be with you now?

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by gazman59 View Post
                                                                                                Mine should be with you now?
                                                                                                Yep, got it thanks.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Last edited by Frossach; 06-04-16, 20:36.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      620 bet
                                                                                                      Last edited by mdoug; 06-04-16, 23:01.
                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Reminders!

1. Post your bets in this thread as one post - edit as much as you want up to 1pm

2. Spell the horses names properly .

3. Post your picks as a table. That means use a spreadsheet application, copy into your post here and wrap in the TABLE tag.
                                                                                                        Column 1 = race number i.e. R1, R2, R3 etc
                                                                                                        Column 2 = horse's name
                                                                                                        Column 3 = W or EW
                                                                                                        Column 4 = bet amount

4. Don't make me post this guy

Good luck

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Last edited by careca; 07-04-16, 07:59. Reason: Added one R7

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Yay it worked 22 years in IT had to be of some value

Now to figure out how to do it from the phone on Sat !!

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Drinking wine in preparation for a hard few hours study. Some funky long shots coming up.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                Yay it worked 22 years in IT had to be of some value

Now to figure out how to do it from the phone on Sat !!
                                                                                                                Download Google Spreadsheet app or just copy someone else's table and edit

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  so 'EW' instead of 'E/W' please

and spell the horses names right

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                      Drinking wine in preparation for a hard few hours study. Some funky long shots coming up.
                                                                                                                      funny, that's exactly what I'm doing

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 07-04-16, 08:41.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X