Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
    Selby is a goner imo
    Yeah he's not played well this morning at all. McGill has only had to play solid, and opened up a 4 frame lead. If Selby was facing a top 16 player, he wouldn't even have 6 frames on the board.

Comment

Don't write Selby off, he will come out tonight and buzz. 3/1 is a decent price.

Also Trump will win this year, be a nice boost to the form of a certain someone. Be worth a fortune at stud if I was a racehorse

Comment

Starvin Marvin in the audience today? Don't know what he looks like but I'll keep an eye out anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          Starvin Marvin in the audience today? Don't know what he looks like but I'll keep an eye out anyway.
          He's there for the mark Allen game, he looks like a hobo with Mach 3 head and bin laden beard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
            He's there for the mark Allen game, he looks like a hobo with Mach 3 head and bin laden beard.
            How dare you.
            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
              How dare you.
              Which part was wrong

Comment

Which part was wrong
                I look awesome.

None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

So I was spot on with my description

Comment

A young Dutchy Holland.

Comment

Robertson has been the best player so far by a street. Should be favorite, 4/1 is a gift

Comment

Outstanding stuff from Trump so far this morning. Playing out of his skin.

Murphy v McGill on the other table seems to be a high quality game too. Good snookering this morning after yesterday's washout.

Comment

Hawkins surely worth a stab at 50's+ in the outright. Obv has it cut out against Robbo but he's ranked number 5 for a reason, goes under the radar but form in this tourney last few years has been magnificent. Will be in the easier semi on paper if he progresses so can lay out at I'm guessing 5.0 if he makes a final against Ronny or Judd.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                            Hawkins surely worth a stab at 50's+ in the outright. Obv has it cut out against Robbo but he's ranked number 5 for a reason, goes under the radar but form in this tourney last few years has been magnificent. Will be the the easier semi on paper if he progresses so can lay out at I'm guessing 5.0 if he makes a final against Ronny or Judd.
                            Just load on Robertson. I guarantee success

Comment

Bingham at 6.6 is not too shabby either to beat Ronnie

Comment

Bah Hawkins, that was a big frame to lose. Some horror show shots with the rest from both lads in this session.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                  Bah Hawkins, that was a big frame to lose. Some horror show shots with the rest from both lads in this session.
                                  3 big frames to lose

Comment

Should be 10-3, he's throwing it away.

Needs to get out of this 8-8 and get his head together for tonight.

Comment

Those two shots. Hawkins lost his head here.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                        Highest Break

Murphy 10/1 SJ
                                        Bingham 33/1 Coral
                                        Hull 100/1 Coral
                                        Providing it doesn't get beaten, will it be 1/2 the odds now that Bingham has tied Robertson with 145 highest break?

Comment

Providing it doesn't get beaten, will it be 1/2 the odds now that Bingham has tied Robertson with 145 highest break?
                                          99% it's half your stake at the full odds.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                            99% it's half your stake at the full odds.
                                            100% unless another 145 comes in

Comment

100% unless another 145 comes in
                                              Meant 99% sure. Its all the one anyway there is a maximum incoming imo possibly from young Juddly while he's spanking Ronnie/Bingham

Comment

Shouting hold at both Hawkins and Bingham now
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Could do with Bingham taking out a couple of these century opportunities here. The 2nd last red where he played for the pink was totally the wrong shot to keep the break going and get over the century line

Comment

Could do with Bingham taking out a couple of these century opportunities here. The 2nd last red where he played for the pink was totally the wrong shot to keep the break going and get over the century line
                                                    Where ye watching this, stream?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                      Red button, BBC.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                        Was watching on Eurosport.

Red Button as OPR says, or BBC live using Hola

Comment

bet365 stream all the matches on their live streaming too. You only need a balance in Sports wallet to watch.

Comment

Robertson is just ridiculous at making centuries. 11 so far. Amazing stuff

145, 143, 142, 141, 133, 130, 129, 119, 115, 115, 109

Comment

Some standard in the evening session here, Eventual loser will be pretty unfortunate.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Put a century accum bet on the 3 matches today, and Hawkins/Robertson Over 2.5 centuries was 8/15

Comment

Terry Griffiths remains ridiculously impartial (and always has in previous years) considering he's Hawkins coach.

Come on the Hawk!

Comment

Hawkins hasn't come down off last night's high. Missing far too many easy balls this afternoon.

Comment

Hawkins hasn't come down off last night's high. Missing far too many easy balls this afternoon.
                                                                      Yeah he looks wrecked. Lucky one there though. I'd snap a 5-3 overnight Murphy lead if offered.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Bingham at 6.6 is not too shabby either to beat Ronnie
                                                                        :-) Shame Robertson is a typical aussie sheila

Comment

14 more tons to tie the record, 15 to beat it in possibly another 93 frames max but likely 70 ish. So a ton every 5 frames. Seems doable as long as trump keeps his form

Comment

14 more tons to tie the record, 15 to beat it in possibly another 93 frames max but likely 70 ish. So a ton every 5 frames. Seems doable as long as trump keeps his form
                                                                            Was Evs on BF to break the record before today's game but would have liked a better price than that. Still have Trump to score most centuries so he needs 6 to pass out Robertson but don't want Murphy to keep hitting them!

Comment

The first 4 frames were a bit of a disappointment, hopefully it kicks into gear now.

Comment

Been switching a bit over the last 2 weeks between BBC and Europsort (I don't think i'll be visiting Eurosport again though)

Of all the regular commentators, who would be your favourite? Based on who i think calls the action the best/talks relevance, I think my list would be something like:

Stephen Hendry
                                                                                Ken Doherty
                                                                                Terry Griffiths
                                                                                Dennis Taylor
                                                                                Mike Hallett
                                                                                John Virgo
                                                                                Neal Foulds
                                                                                .
                                                                                .
                                                                                .
                                                                                Willie Thorne
                                                                                .
                                                                                .
                                                                                .
                                                                                .
                                                                                Joe Johnson

Davis/Parrott don't really commentate enough and i've ignored all of Eurosports sidekicks that aren't former professionals.

Comment

Foulds
                                                                                  Hendry

Everyone else

Comment

Foulds
                                                                                    Hendry

Everyone else
                                                                                    And below everyone else is Taylor, Virgo and then Johnson even lower again

Comment

Hendry Foulds and Doherty all very good, the rest are much of a muchness except for Johnson who is dreadful. Agree with FD regarding how unbiased Griffiths is, especially during the Robertson Hawkins match. Virgo is a bit different too which is not a bad thing.
                                                                                      Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

I haven't thought much of Foulds this season. Maybe it's because he's lumbered with Johnson, Phil 'I'll just read out stats from the internet all day long' Yates, and a couple of other nobodies.

Taylor is pretty good and calling the game tbf. He's a good co-commentator to have alongside a Hendry/Doherty that will be a bit more technical.

I always enjoy Griffiths. He's a little dreary, but generally very good in the box.

Virgo/Thorne still commentate like it's 1984 and forget the game has moved on, but Virgo can bring a bit of life into the game.

Johnson is just the nut worst. The amount of shots he calls wrong, mistakes he makes and just his general overview of the game leaves an awful lot to be desired.

Comment

Willie Thorne is an absolute cnut..... That is all

Comment

Disastoruous first mini morning session for Barry. No way back for him from this score.

Opr

Comment

Trump has played pretty terrible in this match so far. I think he's lucky to be only 2 frames behind. Just can't understand why he keeps smashing balls in when it's not the correct shot. Looks good when it comes off, but it's failed more than it's worked so far. He needs to settle down a bit and try to get ahead to get some confidence up because it's lacking, and he wouldn't get neat Murphy playing like this.

Getting out here at 8-8 would be a dream.

Comment

I agree but it seems to be his way though and hes not one for changing. He missed getting into a final a couple of years ago because of the smashing and lack of canniness. But Bingham playing a very mature game, very comfortable in his own skin.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                  I agree but it seems to be his way though and hes not one for changing. He missed getting into a final a couple of years ago because of the smashing and lack of canniness. But Bingham playing a very mature game, very comfortable in his own skin.
                                                                                                  Yeah he said in an interview that he's going to play 'his way' because he feels under more pressure playing shots he doesn't feel comfortable with. Just think he's taking it to the extreme at times, especially with a few of those balls along the cushions. This can still go the distance.

Comment

Crazy frame with Bingham giving away 32 in fouls so far. If Trump can nick this and get out 13-11 that will be huge for him.

Comment

Crazy frame with Bingham giving away 32 in fouls so far. If Trump can nick this and get out 13-11 that will be huge for him.
                                                                                                      Bingham had a little joke after he finally hit the red when I'm not even sure he realized that was his last attempt before he would require snookers. He seemed to lose a little focus after he went 13-9 ahead. The way Judd played in that session it is an absolute steal for him to share it and stay only two behind. He really looks to be having trouble controlling his emotions as while his demeour has remained fairly calm, judging from his game he looks to be tiliting hard at times.

Opr

Comment

What started off really shit, has turned out pretty good!

Bingham 54/1 Betfair
                                                                                                        Laid off at 5/1 and some at less than 2/1 just incase Murphy steamrolls him. Still a nice sweat

Most Centuries

Bingham 49/1 Betfair
                                                                                                        Unless he plays out of skin, this ins't going to happen!

Highest Break

Murphy 10/1 SJ
                                                                                                        Bingham 33/1 Coral
                                                                                                        Looking good. Bingham joint top with 145, so that's a good result at the moment. A 147 from Bingham would go down well, but i'm not going to complain!

Hull v Murphy Over 1.5 centuries 11/10 BWIN
                                                                                                        I had this as a loser and logged into Bwin today for something else and saw the money resting in my account. Didn't realise Murphy got a century in the last. Happy days!

Would be really happy for Bingham to get a win. Been backing him a bit this season after he seemed to really like the new format and has been playing some good stuff. He might have the upper hand in some of the scrappy frames, but he can't afford to give Murphy a big lead tomorrow. This final could be a lot better spectacle than some people are expected. Go Bingham!

Comment

Corner pockets seem a bit forgiving to me.

Comment

Some serious snatching still to be done in this final, Bingham showed plenty of signs that it's not going to be easily won tonight, twitches a couple in that frame.

Comment

Love it. Journeymen are alive in all sports!

Comment

I remember he missed I think a pink or a blue for a 147 last time I watched snooker seriously, at the time he wasn't even young and yet the prize money for the 147 would have been twice his career earnings up to then, incredible to think that he's come back maybe a decade later to win it.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                                  Love it. Journeymen are alive in all sports!
                                                                                                                  He held it together well. The best final for a long time!

Collected on Bingham at 24/1 in the end so can't complain, good man! High break not settled yet with Coral, but they are always terribly slow. I owe that man a drink

Comment

Last person to beat Bingham at the crucible, Ken Doherty, oh the difference a year makes

Comment

World Rankings after the World Championships.

Is your World Ranking based solely on ££ won?

Comment

World Rankings after the World Championships.

Is your World Ranking based solely on ££ won?
                                                                                                                        Effectively yes, only exception is if you get seeding protected through to the last 80/64/48 of a tournament and lose your first match then you only get a portion of the applicable pounds for ranking purposes. Most of the tournaments are everyone starting at R128 now so becoming less of a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          Effectively yes, only exception is if you get seeding protected through to the last 80/64/48 of a tournament and lose your first match then you only get a portion of the applicable pounds for ranking purposes. Most of the tournaments are everyone starting at R128 now so becoming less of a factor.
                                                                                                                          ty AJ

Wasn't quite sure how it worked, but seems a little meh. If Murphy won the final, he would be WR2 and Bingham WR6 as opposed to the other way around but not sure if there's a better formula. It's effectively trying to force players to play smaller ranking events for less money than if they rested up and played non-ranking or promos for more money.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X