Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
    Let's all take time to remember that no matter what happens Sean Gallagher will continue the work he has done for the Irish people over these last seven years...
    Not sure if you've heard of Buff but he's a hurling mad Kerry man and a bit of a gobshite but he generally means well. Nails it here imo

Comment

Pat just told the country the president cannot be charged with a crime.

We need President Batman
      Last edited by DeadParrot; 17-10-18, 22:04.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

OK groovy gang, here's a problem which you have zero power to solve. How are you going to solve it? Note that I'm going to remind you that you have no power to do anything you suggest.

Go!
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
          This is the Pat Kenny debate. If he wasn't in the spotlight he'd be fucking disgusted. This whole shitshow is about him. Ni Riada made a false equivalence when she brought up Mandela and Pat didn't like being challenged. Thou Shalt Not Challenge the Pat.
          His comment and attempted gotcha over security in derry vs Belfast.
          Surely he knows that the president is subject to security protocols that can change daily.
          The need for him to inject himself into the narrative is so petty.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
            Pat just told the country the president cannot be charged with a crime.

We need President Batman
            Yeah...

That's not true.
            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

That girl over Joan's shoulder was too distracting.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Hammarby legend Kennedy Bakircioglu celebrates dreamgoal in his last season by drinking beer thrown in from the stands

Kennedys mål och framför allt målfirande vid måndagens hemmaseger blev en världsnyhet. Den engelska sportkanalen BSTV Sports begav sig till Stockholm för att...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  You do see how you are describing google taking advantage of their monopoly power - the very thing the EU is trying to prevent causing even more problems? You seem to be blaming Europe for Google being a monopoly. The point isn't about unbundling Chrome, which obviously everyone wants, its that now there is unbundling on principle, so Google can't just load some future abusory app as required on phones and thus competition has a chance. They have to genuinely win market share. And whatever the cost is will be negligible.
                  Google are a dominant force but they don’t have a monopoly.

Apple developed their own proprietary operating system, IOS, and sell more units than any other brand. Microsoft entered the market with Windows Mobile but failed mainly because of the “app gap” where independent software producers chose not to develop products for that platform.

Manufacturers like Samsung use Android because in commercial terms it benefits them to avoid the costs associated with building/testing/marketing their own operating system when they have access to a free platform with existing market penetration.

I just find this clash between two very different but powerful forces, commerce and government, interesting when each can have such significant impact on our daily lives.

My post wasn’t intended to take sides or lay blame, merely to present the news and provide a little background.

Comment

If Dustin had run he'd surely have run rings around most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                      I wonder how KevIrl feels about it.

Its very easy to offend people these days but I think he's scored some fans
                      He has my vote anyway. Could be the man implement a final solution to the scourge of knackers.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                        He has my vote anyway. Could be the man implement a final solution to the scourge of knackers.
                        He's a complete chancer.
                        His only platform seems to be sure we all hate knackers right?
                        How a campaign of targeting a particular section of society in a presidential election is seen as a valid strategy shows how populism is being adopted and the distain he has for the rest of us.
                        From the bottom of my soul, fuck him. The fucking prick

Comment

I'll say a prayer for you Kev.

Comment

- Run for president
                            - complain about travelers
                            - lose presidential race by gigantic margin
                            - Run for TD spot in Donegal
                            - profit

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Anyone done sentiment analysis of text before? I guess it might be too off-beat a thing to be doing. I have some questions!
                                I'm guessing something like this using casey/knacker/#pkdebate/housing/traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                  - Run for president
                                  - complain about travelers
                                  - lose presidential race by gigantic margin
                                  - Run for TD spot in Donegal
                                  - profit
                                  Will loose a TD race but Europe could be on the cards

Comment

Comment

He's a complete chancer.
                                      His only platform seems to be sure we all hate knackers right?
                                      How a campaign of targeting a particular section of society in a presidential election is seen as a valid strategy shows how populism is being adopted and the distain he has for the rest of us.
                                      From the bottom of my soul, fuck him. The fucking prick
                                      Anybody that has has dealings with travellers does not need Casey's fact based thoughts to dislike this fine group of oeiple.

Comment

Comment

Thats the one! I can get it to give me positive, neutral, negative sentiment for pieces of text, just not sure how it is doing it , or if it does something fancier than what I'm using it for

Comment

This looks interesting. A Year of Living Danishly. Kinda a country you wouldn't really know much about despite it being a near neighbour.
                                            Speaking of books, I just finished Superhuman Life at the extremes of our capacity. Found it a very good read.

Comment

€10 tickets for Leinster vs Bath 15/12 on sale now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                Anybody that has has dealings with travellers does not need Casey's fact based thoughts to dislike this fine group of oeiple.
                                                And Nigerians are scammers, Muslims are savages and all Asian people are good at maths.

It's a fucking jokeshop Mick, you cannot run for president of a country by attacking an already marginalized section of it's people.
                                                He's a barstool populist and the sooner he's ostracized the better imo.
                                                "He's speaking his mind" and "saying what we are all thinking" is what I honestly expect to hear over the next few days.
                                                There was vacuum of this brand of populism in Ireland. I guess we have caught up now

Comment

Hmm, can't find any, wonder if they are all gone already?

Edit: got 'em after trying a few times. The usual crappy seats way up in the gods Thanks for the notice on this!!!
                                                  Last edited by ionapaul; 18-10-18, 09:59.

Comment

Rooooooooooneyyyyy

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                      Hmm, can't find any, wonder if they are all gone already?
                                                      me neither

Comment

Thats the one! I can get it to give me positive, neutral, negative sentiment for pieces of text, just not sure how it is doing it , or if it does something fancier than what I'm using it for
                                                        Wow, that sort of stuff is cool. Just makes me very concerned for those of us who work with words or are in the creative space, how long do we get before the AIs and bots come for our jobs?!

Comment

Thats fantastic, even if they are making up the stuff about the planned celebration
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

For all those who love the poor marginalised Travellers. Would you like it if a random family were selected to live next door to you? How would you feel if cars were broken into soon after? What would you assume?

I bet the truth will revear something about your own true feeling on them but sure there will be no admissions here today. Right?

Speaking from experience , a large % of the travellers I’ve met do not respect private property, be it land, cars or whatever they can get their hands on. I’m sure the rest are grand though, tis just a way of life.

Comment

Comment

For all those who love the poor marginalised Travellers. Would you like it if a random family were selected to live next door to you? How would you feel if cars were broken into soon after? What would you assume?

I bet the truth will revear something about your own true feeling on them but sure there will be no admissions here today. Right?

Speaking from experience , a large % of the travellers I’ve met do not respect private property, be it land, cars or whatever they can get their hands on. I’m sure the rest are grand though, tis just a way of life.
                                                                I'd be very worried if a large family of travellers moved in alongside me.

Having said that I'm very aware that no part of the reason I have a nice life and a good job while so many of them have no work, no prospects and no interest is because I am genetically superior and/or was born with a different moral compass and work ethic.

We're all mostly good contributing members of society here and yet we still have loads of problems and difficulties. How well do we all think we would be doing if we had the misfortune of being born on a halting site?

Like, how exceptional does a random traveller born in Ireland today have to be to have a genuine chance of getting a degree, being hired to a good job and at some point in the future being allowed into a shop or pub? And remember if he was sitting beside you you still wouldn't know he had a job or a degree so you would still probably be calling him a knacker in your own mind.
                                                                Last edited by Keane; 18-10-18, 11:34.

Comment

Comment

Comment

As it happens I did have a family of travellers living right next door to me for about over a year and they were better neighbours than either of the families of scumbag Dubs who were living in the same house before or after them.
                                                                      One of the Dublin families brought a continuous supply of junkies to the house who were directly responsible for a huge increase in break ins in the area. One day I found a scummer crashed in a soft ditch with a needle hanging out of his arm.

Comment

Comment

This looks interesting. A Year of Living Danishly. Kinda a country you wouldn't really know much about despite it being a near neighbour.
                                                                          No 2 Son has been living, working and studying there for about 6 years now, I don't think we'll be seeing him back here anytime soon. Accommodation in Copenhagen is an even bigger hassle than Dublin but mostly he finds it a great place to live.

Comment

Comment

I've used https://www.qsrinternational.com/nvivo/what-is-nvivo in the past but I didn't have lots of involvement in the software. I know the person who worked with me on it thought this was far and away the best they tried.

Comment

me neither
                                                                                Gone now but website was being funny and didn't show them first 3 or 4 times I refreshed the page looking around at different tickets. Had to click on "all tickets" and hope they showed up.

Comment

Wow, that sort of stuff is cool. Just makes me very concerned for those of us who work with words or are in the creative space, how long do we get before the AIs and bots come for our jobs?!
                                                                                  I guess there was lads who said the same about the printing press back in the day.

The people who hand wrote books all lost their jobs, ended up in the poor house and died horrible deaths- you are right to be terrified.

People are always talking about recruitment as an industry that will be automated by AI. Large chunks of the labour intensive stuff will and is being automated but selling will remain a human game.

In your side I would see huge potential to automate research and collate information - as the amount of crappy content and data grows faster than verified information this will become critical. Interviews, deciding what’s pertinent and sitting with the business to decide what message they are actually wanting to put out will be human for a long time.

Comment

Life insurance question. Cover of 400k for 72 per month. Is that good or not?

Comment

...

Comment

Interesting about Copenhagen. Was speaking to someone at work who was saying she pays €3,300 a month for a two bed apartment in Paris, 60sqm. There's a slight tendency to overestimate how bad Dublin renting is. I'd imagine London is a nightmare too, Amsterdam famously so.
                                                                                        I bet she lives smack bang in the middle of Paris in one of the best arrondissement. We rented out our 1 bedroom, 55 Square meter flat for EUR 1350 and that was in the 11th which is pretty central but obviously not 5th 6th or 7th. Basically, that's a lifestyle choice.

Re London, we rent a 3 bedroom 90 Sq m, in camden for £2150, which is more than what we were paying for a 4 bedroom house in foxrock which was probably twice the size of this one.

Comment

Typical SP reply. I could have prescribed it.
                                                                                          Źzzzzz I doubt every word of it.

Comment

Scumbag dub . That statement alone reveals the level of hypocrisy lurking in SPs posts.

Are all Dubs scumbags? If not ..gotcha.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                              Depends. Do you live next door to a traveller ?

Comment

Zuut2. ffs that makes waaaaay more sense.

Honestly, how else were people using cheese graters? Feel like I'm missing something here, the gif shows the most obvious use ever, no?

Comment

Depends. Do you live next door to a traveller ?
                                                                                                  Thankfully not.

Comment

Honestly, how else were people using cheese graters? Feel like I'm missing something here, the gif shows the most obvious use ever, no?
                                                                                                    Upright obviously, rather than on it's side.

Comment

That is not how i have been using them

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                        we have about 800k+hospital for 125 a month so probably yeah

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

The correct way is surely to have it upright whilst holding the top. you know. The way 99% of us do.

Sure it might be a little untidier. But a lot safer. Unless you have it on a wet tea towel maybe.

Comment

I'd say 999 out of a 1000 have been using the grater upright.
                                                                                                                Wow, I never would have thought that - I'm the 0.1% exception to the rule

Comment

Think she might have said the 7th alright. Not particularly to be in a fancy place, but because its beside the international school the kid goes to.
                                                                                                                  It's still one of the most expensive parts of Paris though. She could be 800 mètres away in still what is a great neighborhood and spend half that.

Comment

I use it upright but after deciding that sideways was stupid because some falls through the holes on the bottom, so just grate it upright onto the food.

Interesting about Copenhagen. Was speaking to someone at work who was saying she pays €3,300 a month for a two bed apartment in Paris, 60sqm. There's a slight tendency to overestimate how bad Dublin renting is. I'd imagine London is a nightmare too, Amsterdam famously so.
                                                                                                                    I used to pay for my apartment here and my gfs apartment in Amsterdam for a few years, up until about 2 or 3 years ago, on a grads salary at first, two one beds. How times have changed! Both Amsterdam and London are better than here (although Amsterdam has weird fees involved in getting a place), the standard of apartment is way higher in general from what I've seen and there is way more choice. Here you can go around to some place for a grand or more and it be an absolute hole as standard, and you don't even get it as there are queues for it. My brother is a feckin' fledgling actor on social welfare in London, has a great place that took him a couple of days to find recently, in Clapham. Not too far from where my other student brother lives (admittedly a little hyperbole there, he's not poorly off), he's more central in Stockwell and his apartment is class, it's really wealthy there for some reason but the rent is affordable while actually buying the apartment would cost 1-2 million. It makes way more sense to rent in london than here, since the huge rent to purchase cost ratio here is madness. Yet landlords think they got it tough somehow (I've paid two thirds of my apartments full price in rent in 6 years, I looked up the sale price).
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 18-10-18, 14:14.

Comment

Scumbag dub . That statement alone reveals the level of hypocrisy lurking in SPs posts.

Are all Dubs scumbags? If not ..gotcha.
                                                                                                                      But he didn't say that. He said his neighbours were scumbag dubs. Like one of mine is.

Dublin is riddled with scumbags anyway.

Comment

Wow, I never would have thought that - I'm the 0.1% exception to the rule
                                                                                                                        I'm with Paul on this. I've always used it sideways too. We have other ones that attach to a plastic bowl, so it's always sideways for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                          But he didn't say that. He said his neighbours were scumbag dubs. Like one of mine is.

Dublin is riddled with scumbags anyway.
                                                                                                                          Why say Dubs? Just scumbags would do. It fits his agenda. I'm surprised you can't see that. Everywhere has scumbags .

Anyway I've him marked as a spoofer Johnny.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X