X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDA rules

new TDA rules were published this week:

Some light bedtime reading for me tonight

I was speaking Matt Savage a few months ago about a ruling change so hopefully its in there.
    €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
    Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
    €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
    CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

Originally posted by JP Poker View Post
      Some light bedtime reading for me tonight

I was speaking Matt Savage a few months ago about a ruling change so hopefully its in there.
      mostly seems to be clarifications on existing rules and some recommended procedures.

SPOILER
      The butler did it.

Comment

Did they end up changing the first-card dealt rule in the end?

Comment

I probabally shouldnt but here we go :

The flop is dealt and betting appears to be complete , burn turn .....wait im in the hand says last to act . Dealer error so we are putting the exposed card back into the stub and shuffeling to give it a chance to come again .before that we burn and put the river down .

Q.....Do we use the River as the turn or in its intended spot on 5th street ,with the new turn taking the open spot .

Liam
          Atlantis Events Beat The Boss Saturday 7th Mar @5pm €5,000 Gtd The Dolmen Carlow

Comment

It remains the river, placed face down on 5th street.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantispoker View Post
              I probabally shouldnt but here we go :

The flop is dealt and betting appears to be complete , burn turn .....wait im in the hand says last to act . Dealer error so we are putting the exposed card back into the stub and shuffeling to give it a chance to come again .before that we burn and put the river down .

Q.....Do we use the River as the turn or in its intended spot on 5th street ,with the new turn taking the open spot .

Liam
              You shuffle the lot, here's why:
              Procedure 1 (preserve the river)
              you have trip sixes, and you believe your opponent has trip 7's
              the turn comes the case 6, and then someone says i didnt bet. so it must be shuffled back in.

one procedure is to place the river face down "preserving it" and shuffle the turn into the deck.

The new turn is dealt and it's a 7. Now you know 100% that the river cannot be a 6. as the only six is still in the deck. you dont know what the river is but you know what it is not so you fold. The procedure has changed the out come of the hand.

Procedure 2 (shuffle all the cards)
              The other procedure is to put the early turn(the 6) back into the deck and shuffle (not preserving the river)
              When the 7 comes on the turn there is still a chance that the 6 can come on the river.

The fairest way to rectify errors like this is to maintain the % of the game, by preserving the river you affect the %.

Both procedures are in use in major tournaments, use which ever you think is fairest. The TDA will probably recommend the shuffle all the cards option.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                It remains the river, placed face down on 5th street.
                Yep thats what i would have said and done , however if you leave it as the river, put up a new turn and its not the same as the old turn , then we know that the river deffo isnt whatever the old turn was .if ya follow .

Were as putting the River into 4th street suffeling the stub inc old turn , when we show the turn which is a card that was due to be in play we are still no wizer about the river which could well be the old turn or not
                As I read the TDA this is the way they intend it to be done .
                Atlantis Events Beat The Boss Saturday 7th Mar @5pm €5,000 Gtd The Dolmen Carlow

Comment

Originally posted by AlCapwnU View Post
                  Did they end up changing the first-card dealt rule in the end?
                  29: At Your Seat
                  A player must be at his seat when the first card is dealt on the initial deal or he will have a dead hand. A player not then at his seat is dealt in, he may not look at his cards, and the hand is immediately killed after the initial deal. His blinds and antes are posted and if dealt the bring-in card in a stud-type game he will post the bring-in*. A player must be at his seat to call time. “At your seat” means within reach of your chair. This rule is not intended to condone players being out of their seats while involved in a hand. [*Note: In stud, house rules may require additional card(s) be dealt to the killed hand in certain situations

Comment

Working...
                  X