Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large amount set aside for such mental well-being

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
      Anybody know of the best savings accounts? I need somewhere to put money for a good bit while I figure out what to do with it.
      All in on bitcoin

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        I suspect you might be going a bit too Sherlock Holmes on this. The builder you saw going into their house was probably asked to go in to check out the damage. A renter is hardly having a builder going into the house to do work. And even if a builder did cause the damage why would they not claim from him rather than going to all the hassle of getting a neighbour involved and making a criminally false claim.

The renter hardly cares enough to engage in a silly scam for the benefit of her landlady, but presumably she is worried about losing her deposit over something that isn't her fault.

I'd say anyway that's the most likely thing that happened. That the damage was caused by your builders. Not that I know anything about the situation apart from what you've said. And its clearly IKEAs fault, not yours. So their insurance will have to sort it out.
        she is 100% married/related to her builder.
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Wenger with another LOL team selection. I think he just put names into a hat and picked out that back 3. He also did a lucky dip for arses on the bench!

Comment

7/2 Red Star worth a punt?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              Wenger with another LOL team selection. I think he just put names into a hat and picked out that back 3. He also did a lucky dip for arses on the bench!
              Close his method is more similar to the american economic policy of selection

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                7/2 Red Star worth a punt?
                I have no idea about Red Star and how strong they are, but Debuchy hasn't started a game in about a year, and he's playing in a back 3 with Elneny and Holding. That's scary.

I quite like the front 5 (bar my hate for Walcott) so we could score, but i don't expect us to keep a clean sheet. Small punt on Red Star win both teams to score at 13/2. I honestly have no idea about RSB other than they won 12 of their last 16, and 5 of their last 6 (actually kept clean sheets in those last 5 wins) so yeah, i have no idea

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Anywhere in Dublin do a cheap suit deal for €200? Or less lol. 2 piece suit, shirt, tie, shoes, belt. Place in Tralee I know does that deal but don't fancy the spin!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                      Anywhere in Dublin do a cheap suit deal for €200? Or less lol. 2 piece suit, shirt, tie, shoes, belt. Place in Tralee I know does that deal but don't fancy the spin!
                      Give me 90 quid, i'll give you a map a torch and a loan of a shovel. Only one size available , xl ?

Comment

Arnotts Bargain basement is worth a hunt. If you'e an odd shape you'll almost certainly get a suit worth much more for that kinda range.

Are you an odd shape?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                          Anybody know of the best savings accounts? I need somewhere to put money for a good bit while I figure out what to do with it.
                          There are none.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                            Arnotts Bargain basement is worth a hunt. If you'e an odd shape you'll almost certainly get a suit worth much more for that kinda range.

Are you an odd shape?
                            I'm just odd m8.

Thanks, will check it out. Last time I wore a suit was 2015 so just want something cheap.and cheerful for an upcoming wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

P+F never told us she was going to England
                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

I'm just odd m8.

Thanks, will check it out. Last time I wore a suit was 2015 so just want something cheap.and cheerful for an upcoming wedding.
                                Pennies if you want cheap and cheerful.
                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I'm just odd m8.

I've mentioned it before but Kildare Village is worth checking out Savoy Taylor does some good deals

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                    Pennies if you want cheap and cheerful.
                                    Yeah I did check it out but you're looking at over 100 for the lot. And pure shite quality. Would rather try and get something half decent for about the 200 mark if possible.

Comment

Comment

M&S do decent enough suits at good prices.

Comment

Zara

Comment

I'd imagine a drive up North would get you a much better suit for your money. Remember some very decent mid-range suits there costing around that price.
                                            Will be in England next week anyway so will have a look. Ty
                                            Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                            M&S do decent enough suits at good prices.
                                            Lol. Missus used to work there and failed to mention ty flushie

Comment

Comment

lmao at the ref in the Everton game. Gives Ashley Williams a yellow card when he commited about 3 red card offenses. Bit of a melee between both teams and a couple of fans too. Livened up a shit game!

and then Williams goes and scores. You couldn't make it up!

Comment

Ah, if you're going to be in England then Slaters https://www.slaters.co.uk/ were decent when I was buying one back in the day.
                                                  Lovely. Just around the corner from the hotel too. Thanks.

Sound for all the help/advice. This shit wrecks my head. Looks like I could be in Kerry this weekend so may hit Tralee if things work out and I have the time.

Comment

Top Man and Next do fairly decent suits for that sort of range afaik
                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                          Top Man and Next do fairly decent suits for that sort of range afaik
                                                          Top Man clothes only fit the under fed.

waifs

Comment

Electric cooker being installed tomomorrow. Power apocalypse for the house during installation or just flip the mainstream cooker switch?
                                                            I realise the guy(or gal) doing the job will know but there are circumstances that need consideration!

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                              have an interview tomorrow for a decent job
                                                              I 100% will not be offered this job.
                                                              I definitely need these Denmark tickets now
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Anyone watch this tonight , excellent!

Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

cocaine as documentary format has been done to death.

fuck gordon ramsey

Mr Mercedes is on the poverty channels now. Looks ok but id need go back not sure what episode this is. probably a waste of time

Comment

That paperclip thing robbed my evening.
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

@Dobbo, try Burton.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                        That paperclip thing robbed my evening.
                                                                        I started it yesterday. Jesus Christ. Only up right now to play it.

Comment

I've been waiting for this day for a while. Finally it happened.
                                                                          Today I was asked that question that we all wanna here....what style business card do you want.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post

Mr Mercedes is on the poverty channels now. Looks ok but id need go back not sure what episode this is. probably a waste of time
                                                                            Watch Mr Mercedes. Is it the greatest show ever? No. It is a good show? Yes. Does Brendan Gleeson steal the show with outstanding performances? Abso-fucking-lutely. He is brilliant in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                              I've been waiting for this day for a while. Finally it happened.
                                                                              Today I was asked that question that we all wanna here....what style business card do you want.

SPOILER
                                                                              we design lots of those for people..you would be surprised at the amounts of small businesses that wouldn't even remember to put their corporate logo on the card unless you told them to.

business cards with a foiled qr code are the newest thing..go for gold

SPOILER

SPOILER

Out a qr code on that you can swipe when people come on to you ...makes them think it does something or something is happening. Or you can actually store info on a client account ...it's what you say to the person you are selling the card to.
                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 20-10-17, 06:48.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

While the BBV is giving out suit advice to dobby, I need to buy 6 white french cuff shirts for me and my groomsmen.

Since I havent worn suits to work in 5 years I am a bit out of the loop but where would people recommend to buy in bulk - since its a week away brick and mortar rather than online.

I obv want to avoid cheap see pretty much see through shirts but also would ideally not drop a fortune on them either.

Comment

P + F do you design business cards? My place may need some in the future; good rates for IPBers?

Comment

Is €5.5k a fair/realistic asking price for this car:

A colleague is selling it, bought it for €6k a few months ago and willing to take €5k. Trying to give him advice, my normal strategy when getting rid of something is to price it low to ensure a quick sale, less hassle, less waste of your valuable free time. Not sure if pricing it above the number you're willing to take is good in a circumstance when you want rid pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                            Is €5.5k a fair/realistic asking price for this car:

A colleague is selling it, bought it for €6k a few months ago and willing to take €5k. Trying to give him advice, my normal strategy when getting rid of something is to price it low to ensure a quick sale, less hassle, less waste of your valuable free time. Not sure if pricing it above the number you're willing to take is good in a circumstance when you want rid pretty quickly.
                                                                                            I struggle to see your colleague getting that, I sold an 11 320d last year for just over double which was a substantial loss, same thing quick sale.
                                                                                            People in Ireland generally dislike lots of things about that car. Convertible, tax and petrol.
                                                                                            Car finance is so easy to get right now. There are lots of really nice pre 2008 cars that are undervalued because of the tax costs.
                                                                                            If I was to guess they will get approx 3k.
                                                                                            Gorrr would probably give you a good estimate

Just to add I'd probably tell him to put it through the NCT as it's a hard sell with that amount remaining.
                                                                                            Also check has it had a timing chain done that was number one question I was asked
                                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 20-10-17, 10:11.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                              P + F do you design business cards? My place may need some in the future; good rates for IPBers?
                                                                                              Do people still use business cards outside of Japan?

I don't have any and nor do I want any

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Yeah people use business cards...as padding in their desk drawer.

That tweet hitch, I was at a build your own ramen place last week (yumo - amazing btw) and it almost feels patronising to be told how to tick boxes

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                      While the BBV is giving out suit advice to dobby, I need to buy 6 white french cuff shirts for me and my groomsmen.

Since I havent worn suits to work in 5 years I am a bit out of the loop but where would people recommend to buy in bulk - since its a week away brick and mortar rather than online.

I obv want to avoid cheap see pretty much see through shirts but also would ideally not drop a fortune on them either.
                                                                                                      TM lewin will have stock and sizes and are reasonable quality and will have a discount for over 4 shirts. I think 4 is about €100

They have a shop near grafton street dublin
                                                                                                      sigpic
                                                                                                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

I think I mentioned before that years ago I was asked by someone in HR how many business cards I needed printing and I replied 20/25 thinking I'd probably give out maybe 1 a month to customer on-site.
                                                                                                        A few weeks later 25 boxes of the bloody things landed on my desk.

Comment

Shop exclusive discounts on fine formalwear, suits, shirts and accessories for the discerning gentleman at the Savoy Taylors Guild, Kildare Village.

Sorted my Groomsmen out in there. Great quality and good value.
                                                                                                          I bought much more expensive elsewhere and regretted it. Thing got fucking destroyed.

Comment

...

Comment

I'm going to the Berlin Affiliate Conference in ~10 days. We'll hand out and receive tons of the little fuckers. Same at Sigma a few weeks later. So yeah, still in use!

Comment

I'd say I'd hand out about 100-150 business cards a year. Don't always get one back but people generally want one from me on first meeting them.

Comment

Nothing like a George monbiot article to send you to the abyss when going quietly about your day

Must say it rings true with me,remember being out on good days during the summer and noticing the lack of bees etc flying around compared to when I was a kid

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                    I think I mentioned before that years ago I was asked by someone in HR how many business cards I needed printing and I replied 20/25 thinking I'd probably give out maybe 1 a month to customer on-site.
                                                                                                                    A few weeks later 25 boxes of the bloody things landed on my desk.
                                                                                                                    I know it's facile in today's market but a friend of mine is an upholsterer who has done work for large tech buildings (Twitter/ Google etc) and got it through his website. But his bread and butter is giving a few business cards to a client or leaving them in a pub/shop/restaurant. We went to the Monaghan folk festival and as a joke I stuck up his business cards in a few places including the jacks of a pub(may have included a side not) ..he was pissing me off at the time...got loads of offers but actually got loads of work out of the area including a pub in different area of Monaghan. Start lashing those out AJ
                                                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

We're open a year and don't have any BUT have to do a number of overseas conventions, etc in the near future so probably have to pick them up. Haven't had one myself since 2010!

Comment

Was at a rather plush IT jolly in london this week, in County Hall looking over at parliament. Got taken to https://www.thened.com/for lunch, then out on the lash after. Seems that GDPR and IT training in general are licences for snake oil salesmen in suits to charge astronomical daily rates. Signed up for my seat on the gravy train v quickly indeed.
                                                                                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X