Cheltenham Day 4 Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Most bookies were paying 4 places on the day, unlikely to apply to ante post.

Sam Winner was trading at 33/1 half way around but he came from nowhere to run into fourth just a neck short of third.
    Sweet should get something back on my 200 E/W so,pretty sure Ladbrokes were paying 4th. That slip was so close to being binned, good thing i read here.
    Did Kempes place?

Comment

mixed day today

Was on Zarkander, Bob's Worth & Long Run

unfortunately was also on Dirar & Imperial Commander in a lot of bets.

net result was positive but pretty much every accum I had was looking for Dirar or Imperial Commander to come home
      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Whew got my money back from Kauto, I thought he got nabbed on the line for 3rd but thankfully he held on. I backed Long Run at Kempton but couldn't back him in this one because of his mistakes in past races at Cheltenham.
        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Fair Play to Long run, won it well in the end...thought for a minute that denman and Kauto would be battling again...
          Selection Selection Details Result
          1 Horse Racing
          CHELTENHAM
          4:40 MARTIN PIPE HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4 1/2f
          18th of Mar 2011 4:40 pm
          Win or E/W
          First Point @ 20/1 (GP)

Pending
          2 Horse Racing
          CHELTENHAM
          5:15 GRAND ANNUAL HANDICAP CHASE 2m 1/2f
          18th of Mar 2011 5:15 pm
          Win or E/W
          Shoreacres @ 7/1 (GP)

Pending
          3 Horse Racing
          CHELTENHAM
          4:00 FOXHUNTER CHASE CHALLENGE CUP 3m 2 1/2f
          18th of Mar 2011 4:00 pm
          Win or E/W
          Baby Run @ 7/2 (GP)

Pending
          4 Horse Racing
          CHELTENHAM
          2:40 ALBERT BARTLETT NOVICES' HURDLE 3m
          18th of Mar 2011 2:40 pm
          Win or E/W
          Bobs Worth @ 11/4 (GP)

Win
          5 Horse Racing
          CHELTENHAM
          2:05 VINCENT O'BRIEN COUNTY HURDLE 2m 1f
          18th of Mar 2011 2:05 pm
          Win or E/W
          Final Approach @ 10/1 (GP)

Win
          6 Horse Racing
          CHELTENHAM
          1:30 JCB TRIUMPH HURDLE 2m 1f
          18th of Mar 2011 1:30 pm
          Win or E/W
          Sam Winner @ 5/1 (GP)

thats my 1 euro lucky 63.
          come on baby run....

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
            Long run ftw
            Get in, happy enough with how the week went.

Big winners

H Fly
            Quevega
            Albertas Run
            Long Run
            Big Bucks

Big Losers

Oscars Well
            Cue Card
            Rupert
            MasterMinded
            Last edited by bohsman; 18-03-11, 16:26.

Comment

Was having a bad enough day today until Kauto broke me even.

Comment

Baby run is the lay of the meeting imo.
                11 year old in a young horses race.
                NTDs horses not in form.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                  NTDs horses not in form.
                  1607: Baby Run unseats Willy Twiston-Davies at the second last, leaving Derek O'Connor to claim his second winner of the week by some distance on Zemsky.
                  sweet mother of Jesus nothing can go right today.
                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

flying until the second last

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                      NTDs horses not in form.
                      I had the same bet. Fuck me, if it wasn't for the incompetence of the jockey I'd have been bummed there. He gave the horse a crack of the whip right as he was about to jump, completely messed up his stride and he was never gonna get over the hurdle. Mad stuff.
                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I was happy to see him fall but I'm not convinced he'd have won anyway.I love the foxhunters as its run on the Gold Cup c+d generally by 2nd rate has beens who generally features toward the head of the betting.The race is generally won by young up and coming pointers.
                        My read during the race was that he'd gone too fast and wouldn't get up the hill.I had a fml moment alright when he looked to have them in trouble after 4 and 3 out.I think the winner was going well enough to beat him when he fell though.
                        Last edited by Sirtoyou; 18-03-11, 16:32.

Comment

Last bet of the day. Shoreacres 10euro e/w

Comment

did they pay 4?

Comment

Well that was a profitable festival. I turned €300 into €440, so a very reasonable return.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Picked the last winner this morning talked myself out of it by off time. Sigh!
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Not so profitable for me, -€43.69 over the week. Put a big bet, well big for me, on the second last winner @ 9/2 to get me back and Oscar Delta e/w helped too. Probably the first winner I have ever backed at Chelt! I guess it's the most profitable Chelt for me to date, until next year!

Comment

I want to have Long Runs babies, get the fuck in you hero.
                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Just over 50% ROI, delighted considering it was looking like a disaster after Wednesday

Comment

decent week all told

Bets Placed €1,175
                                        Winnings €2,400
                                        Net Profit €1,225

If only it was as simple as that every week

Comment

Cheers for the tips, reviews etc all round btw, dont think I picked out a single winner by myself.

Comment

Hadnt my worst Cheltenham finished down $100 , would of been alot worst only for Quevaga and Big Bucks. Apart from the betting side of things really was a great meeting.

Comment

bad last day. not a single winner or place.

thankfully thursday saved my arse, so overall losses of around 100 for the 4 days

Comment

Happy with my return

Up €100 at the end of the 4 days and that includes a two day session of drinking. Think I won around €500 off the racing, mainly due to a drunken e/w bet on Zarkander. Sizing Europe (w/o big two), Quevega, Carlito Brigante (e/w) and Hurricane Fly were my best bets. Biggest losers were Cue Card, Time for Rupert and So Young. This was my first proper betting festival and really just went off the tips here so thanks for that.

Comment

best festival ever for me

the story
                                                  tuesday
                                                  went to work on with €10 in my pocket so put the tenner on hurricane fly and a fiver free bet that i got in the sun on some other ould nag. went home on tuesday night with €45
                                                  wednesday
                                                  the wife wanted in so stuck her for €10 buyin and went home with €105 she was in town later that evening and got a tip for the last race and scooped €45
                                                  thursday
                                                  lodged the €150 online to pp spun it up to €180
                                                  friday
                                                  several crazy bets and the wife went a bit mad backing 2and 3 horses in every race i finally calmed her down after the gold cup and persuaded to give me the purse strings saved the day by backing sir des champs in the 4:40 so happy days

final tally of the week €210 leaving a profit of €180
                                                  is that a roi of 600%?

Last edited by Angry-Ball; 18-03-11, 20:09.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                    We got one punter sweating hard on Sam Winner in the opener.

how much did this guy scoop in the end?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                      how much did this guy scoop in the end?

nothing on the first 2, but the lucky 15 comes in at £1875 as far as i can make out!!

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                        nothing on the first 2, but the lucky 15 comes in at £1875 as far as i can make out!!
                                                        1st paid out £3290.63
                                                        2nd paid out £1096.87

3rd paid out £4500 about

thats if boyles paid out 4th place on sam winner like most others did

Comment

Originally posted by corkie123 View Post
                                                          1st paid out £3290.63
                                                          2nd paid out £1096.87

3rd paid out £4500 about

Are PP paying out on Sam Winner?

I had Sam Winner and Kauto Star both to place @ 5/1
                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

For a gambling site, this place is full of after timers.

Comment

Noel, not specific to your situation with the big acca but would the big firms ever look at buying out of those bets or just lay it off on the exchanges

Comment

Originally posted by Richie Lawlor View Post
                                                                Noel, not specific to your situation with the big acca but would the big firms ever look at buying out of those bets or just lay it off on the exchanges
                                                                Im really interested as to ye guys who gamble a bit what is yere move if ye have that ticket on thursday evening. Do ye let it run? How much would ye settle for etc.....
                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by corkie123 View Post
                                                                  1st paid out £3290.63
                                                                  2nd paid out £1096.87

3rd paid out £4500 about

made a mistake here, the 3rd paid £2975, nothing on first 2.

Comment

Originally posted by sadmemories20
                                                                    Such a very amazing link!
                                                                    Thanks you for the post.
                                                                    Great first post.
                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Working...
                                                                    X