O'Neill quit as Villa manager

anyone on?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
      First "cert" of the season just came in

O'Neill quit as Villa manager

anyone on?
      No,
      I reckon everyone has their rolls tied up with Santa Cruz top scorer. That's the only real cert this year!
      Last edited by The Situation; 09-08-10, 16:28.
      Profit before people.

Comment

2 more long term bets, and then I think that's me done.

Blackpool to finish bottom at 5/6

Fabregas to win PFA player of the year at 10/1

I have a feeling Arsenal could surprise people this year and actually win the title. But I think there's more value to be had in Fab at 10/1 than Arsenal at 6/1 though, as if they are to do it then Fabregas will have to have an amazing season. He's arguably already the best in the Prem and is getting better and better and I think 10/1 is a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by FMWT View Post
          2 more long term bets, and then I think that's me done.

Blackpool to finish bottom at 5/6

Fabregas to win PFA player of the year at 10/1

I have a feeling Arsenal could surprise people this year and actually win the title. But I think there's more value to be had in Fab at 10/1 than Arsenal at 6/1 though, as if they are to do it then Fabregas will have to have an amazing season. He's arguably already the best in the Prem and is getting better and better and I think 10/1 is a good price.
          I don't fancy either to happen but I do think thats an excellent bet all the same. I do agree he is probably the best midfielder in the Premier League.

I think Lampard is very likely to win it this year. If Chelsea are in contention as you would expect he is my favourite to get it. He is the same price too.
          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by FMWT View Post
            I have a feeling Arsenal could surprise people this year and actually win the title.
            Lovely team with great football but they will be lucky to make top 4 with than defence (5 goals against last Saturday) and shite keeper. They could get lucky if City go for Hart at the weekend as Given will be looking to pack his bags before tea time with Arsenal the most likely destination.

Comment

Yeah I don't fancy Arsenal to keep up the challenge this season unless they sort out their goalkeeper problem asap. Defensively, they will struggle as they are too.

Comment

IMO its Utd and chelsea to fight for the title, with arsenal, spurs and city fighting for 3rd and 4th, liverpool just off the CL pace in 6th followed by everton in a close 7th

EDIT: and if O'Neill didn't just quit I would have fancied villa to push everton a bit

Comment

want to lay me liverpool to be top 5?

evens for whatever you want to bet?
                  GAA News Website

Comment

and theres more...

Prem Handicap

2.5 pts ew Bolton (+42) @14/1
                    2.5 pts ew Stoke (+41) @16/1

Fancy Bolton to be mid table
                    Stoke with the signing of Jones have the look of a decent side
                    (might have a bit more of the stoke before saturday)

Comment

Bumpage. I was just looking at the premier league table and the relegation places. I can't see the table changing much at this end. Unless something changes dramatically, the three Ws are near certainties for relegation at this point IMO. Can't say there's much value in the market for it, but a certainty is a certainty, right?
                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                        Bumpage. I was just looking at the premier league table and the relegation places. I can't see the table changing much at this end. Unless something changes dramatically, the three Ws are near certainties for relegation at this point IMO. Can't say there's much value in the market for it, but a certainty is a certainty, right?
                        Unfortunately as much as it pains me to say it, Blackburn might end up in contention for relegation. These new owners don't seem to know what they are at. Steve Kean has now been made the permanent head coach, this guy has never been in charge of a club in his life. Allardyce even suggested in an interview that when he was sacked he was shocked that Neil McDonald was not kept on to do the job and said he would certainly be a better option than Kean which doesn't sound good.

The club captain Ryan Nelsen made his feelings known to the media about things and now Chris Samba has said he wants out. There are rumours that four first team players have handed in transfer requests. Those being Samba, goalkeeper Paul Robinson, Gael Givet and El Hadji Diouf.
                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                          Unfortunately as much as it pains me to say it, Blackburn might end up in contention for relegation. These new owners don't seem to know what they are at. Steve Kean has now been made the permanent head coach, this guy has never been in charge of a club in his life. Allardyce even suggested in an interview that when he was sacked he was shocked that Neil McDonald was not kept on to do the job and said he would certainly be a better option than Kean which doesn't sound good.

The club captain Ryan Nelsen made his feelings known to the media about things and now Chris Samba has said he wants out. There are rumours that four first team players have handed in transfer requests. Those being Samba, goalkeeper Paul Robinson, Gael Givet and El Hadji Diouf.
                          I have heard info from usual reliable source..

I hear we are very close to signing Phil Jones, any rumblings around Blackburn forums about this? His injury maybe affecting this, pretty sure we would have waited til summer anyway.

I know he is number 1 youth target and I know Blackburn knows of our interest, just been told last week its very real.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                            I have heard info from usual reliable source..

I hear we are very close to signing Phil Jones, any rumblings around Blackburn forums about this? His injury maybe affecting this, pretty sure we would have waited til summer anyway.

I know he is number 1 youth target and I know Blackburn knows of our interest, just been told last week its very real.

Thoughts?
                            He just signed a five year contract in the summer so it would cost huge money to sign him at this stage I'd say.

With the way things are at Rovers right now nothing would surprise me at the moment. The only thing is that the club has no debts right now, in fact the new owners are saying they are going to invest a substantial sum in January.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                              He just signed a five year contract in the summer so it would cost huge money to sign him at this stage I'd say.

With the way things are at Rovers right now nothing would surprise me at the moment. The only thing is that the club has no debts right now, in fact the new owners are saying they are going to invest a substantial sum in January.
                              Yeah we are opening the book again, I think its done If you say yes for 13Mish we will spend big, but won't be taken for fools.

I know he is very high on our interest list.

Haven't seen enough of him myself to comment.

Comment

Working...
                              X