Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Punchestown/Chester Festival 2011 (No Finkles allowed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
    Quevega is only a 158 rated horse at the moment.

Visually the cheltenham win was ridiculous but that was only a 149 rated run.

While she may win, anyone taking 4/6 needs there head examined.

Mourad is on 154, has better form and is 4/1.

Mik Dag is 16/1 and was a 154 rated novice hurdler.

Quevega is no value

mourad was 2 lengths behind quevaga last year when she won a shade cosily, to say mourad has better form is a bit of a joke imo, fair enough its won a couple of group 1's but they were only group 1's by name and not by quality, beating the likes of powerstation, rigour back and the likes which it should everyday. sure mik dag has to be great value at around 20's to run into some place money but i think its a bit mad tryin to look for value in a race where it'll be hard to find unless your backing w/o the fav
    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by healwayscallsmedonkey View Post
      mourad was 2 lengths behind quevaga last year when she won a shade cosily, to say mourad has better form is a bit of a joke imo, fair enough its won a couple of group 1's but they were only group 1's by name and not by quality, beating the likes of powerstation, rigour back and the likes which it should everyday. sure mik dag has to be great value at around 20's to run into some place money but i think its a bit mad tryin to look for value in a race where it'll be hard to find unless your backing w/o the fav
      He probably does, he has improved this season.

Hes won no Grade 1 races either.
      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Maximum bet Accum

Garde Champetre, Quevega, Hurricane Fly, So Young and Unaccompanied.

Get in ye good things!!!

Comment

Originally posted by healwayscallsmedonkey View Post
          Quevega has run once since beating Mourad last year. That run, in the DN mares hurdle was not as good as her win last year at Punchestown.

Mourad has improved a lot. His run in the World Hurdle is better form than Quevegas beating of a load of trees.

Therefore 4/1 as opposed to 4/5 is value. I'm not saying Quevega isn't capable of better or she won't win, I'm saying she is no value

Comment

Is there any point in putting a double on in Chester with Captain Bertie and Nathaniel?

Comment

Just to stop the flow of good tips here recently - I'll put one up.

Nabani, Chester 5.10. 2/1 best price at the min.

Comment

Belle Royale should not be double figure odds in the 1.45 at Chester. Captain Bertie is definitely worthy favourite with decent form and the plum draw but is still a little short for my liking. Belle Royale has won twice before here at Chester from stall 5 so shouldn't be too disadvantageous in stall 6 today. Won first time out this season and revised mark doesn't look too harsh so I expect improvement, fillies in form and all that. Nice E/W spot here imo.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Take your flat rubbish out of the Punchestown thread
                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Any love for crown council at 11/2?
                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Took Quevega at evens before the ensuing debate that would have put me off and followed The Situations and Carecas tips.

Comment

Come on lads, need more Punchestown tips!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                          Come on lads, need more Punchestown tips!
                          Realt Dubh will win the 6.05

Comment

Quevega is only a 158 rated horse at the moment.

Visually the cheltenham win was ridiculous but that was only a 149 rated run.

While she may win, anyone taking 4/6 needs there head examined.

Mourad is on 154, has better form and is 4/1.

Mik Dag is 16/1 and was a 154 rated novice hurdler.

Quevega is no value
                            A couple of things here though, firstly Quevega is in receipt of a 5lb mares allowance today, secondly Mullins said that Quevega was a few weeks behind her ideal prep before Chelt and she still bolted in and thirdly Quevega is similar to BB in that we really dont know how good she is in that she gives the impression that they havent reached the bottom of her at all and if she needed to find more she is well capable, personally I think she is a cracking bet.

Agree re Rigour Back Bob, got no luck in running in the World hurdle and still finished a very credible 5th and @ 10/1 w/o Quevega repersents a cracking e/w bet.

Comment

Realt Dubh will win the 6.05
                              At Punchestown?

Horse doesn't seem to exist

Comment

At Punchestown?

Its in the 18:40

Comment

At Punchestown?

Originally posted by Steveymac86 View Post
                                  Its in the 18:40
                                  Sorry, yes 6.40 race

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                    Belle Royale should not be double figure odds in the 1.45 at Chester. Captain Bertie is definitely worthy favourite with decent form and the plum draw but is still a little short for my liking. Belle Royale has won twice before here at Chester from stall 5 so shouldn't be too disadvantageous in stall 6 today. Won first time out this season and revised mark doesn't look too harsh so I expect improvement, fillies in form and all that. Nice E/W spot here imo.
                                    Late jockey change mightn't have helped but got away slow and was a few lengths adrift of the field most of the way. ul
                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                      Late jockey change mightn't have helped but got away slow and was a few lengths adrift of the field most of the way. ul
                                      Yeah never stood a chance braking that slowly. Laid the fav for a bit because he went far too short before the off so covered losses...
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Getting stuck into Mourad today.
                                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

From Mullins - Punchestown.

Bagber should win (first)

Also Quevega is in great form but Mourad has improved again since Aintree. R F/C pay too little?

Comment

Await The Dawn looked very good there. If he was a jumps horse, we would be hearing only of what race he will be running in in 10 months time.

Comment

This could be an interesting Derby trial. Slumber for me but no bet, prices look fair.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                Await The Dawn looked very good there. If he was a jumps horse, we would be hearing only of what race he will be running in in 10 months time.
                                                As opposed to seeing him maybe twice more if he's good enough or four or five times if he disappoints.
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                  From Mullins - Punchestown.

Bagber should win (first)

Bad third. Sorry.

Comment

Mikael at 29.0 and 5.8

Comment

Laying this 8/11.

May well win but too short imo

Comment

Katie Walsh looks awful aboard Mourad

Comment

Katie Walsh looks awful aboard Mourad
                                                          How do you mean?

Comment

That was very impressive considering how speedy Davy's horse came off the bend but mostly the way she didn't even miss a stride with that mistake at the last.
                                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 05-05-11, 16:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                              How do you mean?
                                                              I mean a decent jockey would have won on Mourad there

Comment

Nonsense.

Comment

Thought she gave it a decent ride there tbh. But you posted well before the finish. Hard to say something like that when there's no horses off the bridle.
                                                                  Ted Walsh may be biased but I think he hit the nail on the head by saying there was nothing else she could have done to win that. Mourad got in a bit close to the last, otherwise it could be a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                    Just to stop the flow of good tips here recently - I'll put one up.

Nabani, Chester 5.10. 2/1 best price at the min.
                                                                    Sweet Jesus beaten after a furlong after being backed into 11/10

Got the FC there in Que race to somewhat save the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                      Thought she gave it a decent ride there tbh. But you posted well before the finish. Hard to say something like that when there's no horses off the bridle.
                                                                      Ted Walsh may be biased but I think he hit the nail on the head by saying there was nothing else she could have done to win that. Mourad got in a bit close to the last, otherwise it could be a different story.
                                                                      I posted after about 2 furlongs. Watch the race again. She did not give him a good ride.

Comment

I posted after about 2 furlongs. Watch the race again. She did not give him a good ride.
                                                                        Gotta love that rewind button on the TV. I'm still lost as to what you are saying. What did she do in the first two furlongs?

Comment

Quevega is a saint!!!

Comment

have the loots from quevega on the fly tomorrow? got very lucky there had a big 5ew on kerb appeal

Comment

#98
                                                                              Laying this 8/11.

May well win but too short imo
                                                                              silly silly

Comment

#99
                                                                                Stuck a fiver on osirixmix in the 6.40

Comment

This is possibly the best interview i've ever listened to on RTE now

Please get it on youtube some1 asap
                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                    This is possibly the best interview i've ever listened to on RTE now

Please get it on youtube some1 asap
                                                                                    I loled a lot

Comment

I loled a lot
                                                                                      so many true points! echoes what any decent punter has been saying for ages

It wouldnt often be said on the TV as people are afraid to upset the apple cart. Really really enjoyed that!
                                                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                        so many true points! echoes what any decent punter has been saying for ages

It wouldnt often be said on the TV as people are afraid to upset the apple cart. Really really enjoyed that!
                                                                                        Missed it, cliffs?

Comment

saludos 10/3 w/o captain chris, place w/o captain chris 9/4

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                            Missed it, cliffs?
                                                                                            Think I missed that interview but I saw the one before where Richard Power made a compelling case for Harrington's bumper winner

Comment

Day was saved by a 20 ew bet on Kerb appeal!

Nice racecourse and a great atmosphere all day.

Comment

Have the loots from Quevega on Hurricane Fly and then put a few pound on So Young as well!

Comment

What do we think of the 4.55? A mate goes out with a Wexford trainer. She apparently used to own thegreatjohnbrowne and Noel Meade was onto her to say it has "a great chance" today.

Is this woth noting? surely any fav in Puch with AP in the saddle has "a great chance"?

Comment

Harris Tweed/Hurricane fly double.

Ahtoug in the 3.30 @ 9/4.

Laid SNA too in the 2.55 Chester.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Expecting MrGoodenough to win the first race today.
                                                                                                      It's a very different sort of race, always one of my favourite races of the year I'd normally not be getting stuck in to anything in it but today is going to be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        It's a very different sort of race, always one of my favourite races of the year I'd normally not be getting stuck in to anything in it but today is going to be different.
                                                                                                        lets hope so. if it comes in my weekend is paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          I just got a phone call about this one. I was just coming on to see what people thought of it so good to see some confidence here for it too. Off to take the 4/1 on offer on Ladbrokes.

Comment

4/1? I got it at 7/2 and it's in to 10/3 on paddy power

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                              9/2 on BetFred

they have a few special prices on Punch today

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                Ye I got 4/1 there with laddies, 7/2 with Boyles and 10/3 pp.

Fwiw the best way to see where the best prices are is here:

You can check out all the runners and riders on the At The Races racecard which has everything you need to know including latest form, tips, statistics and breeding information plus latest odds and betting from a selection of leading bookmakers.

Comment

Jesus, did not expect that. Pretty spectacular tbf.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                    Jesus, did not expect that. Pretty spectacular tbf.
                                                                                                                    I've been waiting 18 months to see that

Comment

Was very impressive, but the two upfront did themselves no favours, and the rest are boats, was it a case of him quickening or everything else just stopping?

Comment

It was a G3 at Chester, still has a long way to go to repair his tarnished reputation imo

Comment

He could turn out like Yeats.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X