World Cup Predictions Competition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup Predictions Competition?

Only a couple of days to go, but if anyone is interested in a $10 a head, winner takes all prediction competition then express your interest here.

You can make your entry here:

and you can change each prediction up until the point of kick off, or you can enter for each round as the games become available.

Post on the thread if you are in before the first game kicks off please.

Thanks to dannydiamond who is escrowing for this, and escrow details are here:

Originally posted by dannydiamond
    In order of preference(in the interest of keeping it easy).

Boyles :- 1ForU2ForMe (email ad needed, state if you want to transfer on Boyles and i'll pm you).
    Stars :- Diamondgeeza (location Waterford)
    Fulltilt :- Jackitton

I'd ask anyone who's transferring to just post in the thread regarding which site you sent the money to and from what username( pm if preferred) and i'll thank the post to confirm.
    The winner should be able to accept payment using at least 1 (but preferably more) of the following: Stars, Full Tilt, PPP, Boyle Poker, Neteller/Moneybookers or Paypal.

I don't expect a tonne of entries, but hopefully it will be a bit of craic. The scoring in the game is something like:

4 points for a correct score (i.e. you say it will be 1-2, and it finishes 1-2)
    2 points for the correct winning margin (i.e. you say it will be 1-2, and it finishes 2-3)
    1 point for the correct winner but wrong winning margin (i.e. you say it will be 1-2, and it finishes 1-4)
    0 points for wrong result completely (i.e. you say it will be 1-2, and it finishes 1-1)

Edit: Obviously anyone can make predictions (there are a couple who have filled it out already) but you can only win the prize if you state on this thread you are in for a tenner.

btw, for those that might not realise it, you can enter your scores all in advance (although knockout fixtures not available until the teams are known) and then edit them as you go along before kickoff in each match if you wish, or you can just enter them daily only, or in advance only without editing them. As long as the system lets you edit them, edit them.
    Last edited by 6starpool; 10-06-10, 22:24.

I'm in for $10. Can transfer on Tilt, Stars or Boyles.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yeah, in for the $10, sounds like good fun.

I'll escrow if you like Dom.
      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
        Yeah, in for the $10, sounds like good fun.

I'll escrow if you like Dom.
        You sure? I think my siteban threat would have worked

If you are sure I will edit the OP. Can you put up some transfer details Danny if you are ok with it?

Comment

I like it, I'm in. Can transfer on asap on Boyle or next Monday on Stars (don't really play online) if someone escrows. Am ok with Option 2 also.

Predictions to be PMed or posted on thread???

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
            I like it, I'm in. Can transfer on asap on Boyle or next Monday on Stars (don't really play online) if someone escrows. Am ok with Option 2 also.

Predictions to be PMed or posted on thread???
            There's a built in predictions widget in the forums. See the link in the OP.
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

In for $10 deffo.
              Scoring system might need thinking/tweaking, maybe a little more (4 points) for getting the correct score as its such a harder thing to do.
              But in for $10 regardless.

Can transfer on Stars.

(I used to do these with a 'joker match' where you select the match you are most sure of as being worth double points to yourself, everyone has one joker. Don't know if your software could handle this).

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                You sure? I think my siteban threat would have worked

If you are sure I will edit the OP. Can you put up some transfer details Danny if you are ok with it?
                Yeah it's no hassle.

Boyles :- 1ForU2ForMe (email ad needed, state if you want to transfer on Boyles and i'll pm you).

I'd ask anyone who's transferring to just post in the thread regarding which site you sent the money to and from what username( pm if preferred) and i'll thank the post to confirm.
                Last edited by dannydiamond; 09-06-10, 18:10.

Comment

In for this, will ship tonight. Agree that a correct scoreline merits 4 points imo.

Comment

Will donate $10.
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Done and in for 10. Sent on stars, EnzoScifo10.
                      Last edited by EnzoScifo; 09-06-10, 18:44.

Comment

OK, I'll change so that correct score is 4 points.

Comment

Dom, I edited my post slightly to make it clearer, could you amend your amended post to reflect this, cheers.

Comment

In and in for 10

edit: $10 shipped via stars
                            Last edited by cardshark202; 09-06-10, 18:40.

Comment

$10 transferred via stars, sn domh.

Comment

Sent on Full Tilt from AndyFB.

Comment

Yeah it's no hassle.

Just noticed this.
                                  Shipped, stars, HornswaggleU

Comment

Shipped, from 4 consonant name.

Comment

I think I put in an entry (I clicked the Save button, and my results get magically saved in the background somewhere against my name, yeah?).

$10 just shipped on stars from johnpio

Comment

In, sent on stars, stackit1.

Comment

In for 10. stars, ellen cryan.
                                          "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

In and $10 shipped on stars
                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

In for the $10. I'll ship the money tonight.
                                              Excuse my ignorance but it is just the group matches? I know some of these things will automatically put up the last 16 teams based on your predictions.
                                              twitter
                                              moneybookers

Comment

Sent $10 on stars. Luckysparky

Comment

Sent $10 on Stars (BigDog..) Cheers

Comment

Pm sent babyhawk!

Comment

Pm sent babyhawk!

I'm in.

Thanks Danny, $10 sent on Stars, sn is BabyHawk911.

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                                        In for the $10. I'll ship the money tonight.
                                                        Excuse my ignorance but it is just the group matches? I know some of these things will automatically put up the last 16 teams based on your predictions.
                                                        it is for them all. The QF fixtures wont be up until they are known, same for later rounds.

Comment

In for this, will pick n ship shortly

Comment

Can I get your email address please? Wanna ship on boyles.
                                                            eoghanlyons.com

Comment

shipped, hectorjelly on stars

Comment

Originally posted by UraiseIfold View Post
                                                                Can I get your email address please? Wanna ship on boyles.
                                                                Pm sent!

Comment

Shipped Danielsan

Comment

Pm sent!
                                                                    Just shipped on Boyle. UraiseIfold or SilentShout.
                                                                    eoghanlyons.com

Comment

just shipped on stars

Comment

btw, for those that might not realise it, you can enter your scores all in advance (although knockout fixtures not available until the teams are known) and then edit them as you go along before kickoff in each match if you wish, or you can just enter them daily only, or in advance only without editing them. As long as the system lets you edit them, edit them.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                          You should invite people from a certain other establishment what couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery.

Comment

I'll be back in before kickoff tomorrow lads and will post a list of entrants and prizepool etc.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Shipped on stars

Comment

#40
                                                                                I'll be back in before kickoff tomorrow lads and will post a list of entrants and prizepool etc.
                                                                                5star, i'll post up a list of everyone that transferred to me later on.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  I'm still definitely in for this. Lodged money on Boyle but at a funeral in middle of nowhere yest and today. Will tf about 6.00 when home if that's ok. Filled in two predictions for today's games before so should be ok. DD can you PM your email for the transfer? Cheers.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    I'm still definitely in for this. Lodged money on Boyle but at a funeral in middle of nowhere yest and today. Will tf about 6.00 when home if that's ok. Filled in two predictions for today's games before so should be ok. DD can you PM your email for the transfer? Cheers.
                                                                                    Pm sent!

Comment

#43
                                                                                      6 got the first match correct score. Nice start lads.

Rigger, White Knight, NuckChorris, tonc76, ArmaniJeans and Ballymore Chris all on 4 pts.

Hotspur and loose cannon with 2 pts each.

The rest of us on 0pts.
                                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Looks like i'm the only one to go with 0-0 for Fra-Uru

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Balls, considered it, went for 0-1.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Here's a list of all players who have transferred the $10 to me.
                                                                                            There have been a couple who have said they def want in but haven't transferred, it's 5stars call on that i'm only collecting the money!

Let me know if i've missed anyone.

dannydiamond
                                                                                            cardshark202
                                                                                            5starpool
                                                                                            EnzoScifo
                                                                                            thedini
                                                                                            Rigger
                                                                                            hotspur
                                                                                            ArmaniJeans
                                                                                            AndyFB
                                                                                            KevIRL
                                                                                            White knight
                                                                                            Feet Magic
                                                                                            eagleeye
                                                                                            babyhawk
                                                                                            hectorjelly
                                                                                            UraiseIfold
                                                                                            Flushdraw
                                                                                            tonc76
                                                                                            loose cannon

19 players, $190 prizepool.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                              Looks like i'm the only one to go with 0-0 for Fra-Uru
                                                                                              Nice one Tony, i'm yet to score!

Comment

#48
                                                                                                predicted the draw, but not the score. happy to get off the mark.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                  predicted the draw, but not the score. happy to get off the mark.
                                                                                                  As above.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Scores so far

Last edited by Flushdraw; 11-06-10, 22:26. Reason: Edited to make picture a little smaller

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Just shipped on Boyle there, sorry for the delay.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Just shipped on Boyle there, sorry for the delay.
                                                                                                        Got that, but it's 5stars game, so it's up to him about late entries and the like!

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          sjfljdasfkjdasjfdas

Forgot about this today, would have had 2 points and maybe 4, was deffo going for South Korea but never really thought about what score to put in.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Armanijeans and Ballymorechris off to an absolute flyer.
                                                                                                            Flushdraw's form improving.
                                                                                                            KevIRL and ziggin&zaggin moving up the ranks.
                                                                                                            Rigger stalling, along with everyone else.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                                                                                              Armanijeans and Ballymorechris off to an absolute flyer.
                                                                                                              Flushdraw's form improving.
                                                                                                              KevIRL and ziggin&zaggin moving up the ranks.
                                                                                                              Rigger stalling, along with everyone else.
                                                                                                              As Rigger says...

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Balls, completely forgot about the 2 games this afternoon, really need to add to my one point and all.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Out of interest how does the scoring work in the knockout games.
                                                                                                                  For example say its 0-0 after 90 minutes, 1-1 after 120 minutes and 5-3 after the penalty shootout.

As a punter I'd expect 90 minute score to count, but I know the official FIFA result does be the 5-3.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                    Out of interest how does the scoring work in the knockout games.
                                                                                                                    For example say its 0-0 after 90 minutes, 1-1 after 120 minutes and 5-3 after the penalty shootout.

As a punter I'd expect 90 minute score to count, but I know the official FIFA result does be the 5-3.

Another 4 pointer? You're a sicko!

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                      Another 4 pointer? You're a sicko!
                                                                                                                      4 pointer in first game, 2 pointer in second.
                                                                                                                      Don't worry, it'll be like the sheep games for me again - an early lead then a catastrophic midgame collapse.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        How did anyone predict a ghana win there? ffs

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X