Of course i am. It's in the very first line of the OP
    Lol, but you'll take Pedro then.
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

This is an interesting one.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
        Lol, but you'll take Pedro then.
        Yes because I specifically used that example because he is know as that and it wouldn't have been up for discussion once it started. Same with Sanchez and same with Brazilian players. If I had remember Rodriguez at the time I would have specified it was his surname but it should be straight forward anyway imo, or so I thought. Benzema to get a hat trick anyway tonight and it won't matter. Won't even see it because I'm just started heading back to Donegal

Comment

Lot of contradictions there.

Also, paying top 3, probably will matter.
          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Whatever Mick. Getting boring now with you trying to pick holes. You'd swear I've something to gain out of it and you're trying to angle the rules. Anyway not interested anymore. Shit is more hassle than it's worth when I'm only trying to give people some interest and gaining nothing from it myself. No internet access on the bus. Will worry about it when the tournament is over if it comes to it.

Comment

Before tournament started I would of definetly thought it would go by Rodriguez
              Id say just go with what bookies say
              PB

Comment

Kids name is Rodriguez, that's what pops up on all the live reports/scoring sites, you angling cunts

Edit: everyone of them list him as Rodriguez. Live score, sky sports centre, live score addicts, flash score, Goal.com.

His name is Rodriguez
                Last edited by Wesley Harms; 30-06-14, 14:35.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

The rule was surname. This is the problem.

His name is James David Rodríguez Rubio. He is simply known as James.

Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior is simply known as Neymar.

There is plenty more examples, some on this thread.

The Surname rule doesn't work if Neymar isn't classified as ''S''. Shouldn't be one rule for one and not for another. This wouldn't be happening if he was a superstar of the game, everyone would just call him James and not think twice about it.

Ask Megatron to ask some Bookie rulemakers opinion and go with that.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

The Surname rule doesn't work if Neymar isn't classified as ''S''. Shouldn't be one rule for one and not for another. This wouldn't be happening if he was a superstar of the game, everyone would just call him James and not think twice about it.

CHD in talking sense shocker
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

FWIW I never heard of this guy before the tournament (I may as well be Satnav here) and I would say the name is Rodriguez.

My friend backed him pre tourney (Big footy fan) and said I have backed "Rodriguez" from Colombia. He knew who he was and used Rodriguez. All the commentary so far has used Rod and its not the same as Neymar IMO. As said above all team listings use Rodriguez... its clear cut to me.

I'm mostly just commenting to say give Tony a fucking break. He is clearly not angling and what he says should go. He has organised multiple things like this in order to give the rest of us a sweat and gets nothing for it.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                          FWIW I never heard of this guy before the tournament (I may as well be Satnav here) and I would say the name is Rodriguez.

My friend backed him pre tourney (Big footy fan) and said I have backed "Rodriguez" from Colombia. He knew who he was and used Rodriguez. All the commentary so far has used Rod and its not the same as Neymar IMO. As said above all team listings use Rodriguez... its clear cut to me.

I'm mostly just commenting to say give Tony a fucking break. He is clearly not angling and what he says should go. He has organised multiple things like this in order to give the rest of us a sweat and gets nothing for it.
                          It is like Neymar. It's exactly like Neymar. Commentary has said James. His jersey has always had James. FIFA have been using James and Rodriguez. If he was a superstar like Neymar it would be different so really it is all James Rodriguez' fault

Only Mick is winding up FD. If I was involved I'd be happy to have him make a ruling tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                            Kids name is Rodriguez, that's what pops up on all the live reports/scoring sites, you angling cunts

Edit: everyone of them list him as Rodriguez. Live score, sky sports centre, live score addicts, flash score, Goal.com.

His name is Rodriguez
                            Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

As said above all team listings use Rodriguez... its clear cut to me.
                            For what its worth, tournament organisers FIFA are using JAMES on their match reports, so its definitely not the case that all team listings are going with Rodriguez.

On the other hand they use RODRIGUEZ on their Top Scorer page, which arguably could be the fairest way to decide it.

Comment

I hate it when CHD is right.

Comment

I didn't plan on even replying back here, but after people coming on saying CHD was right, i don't agree.

It's not the problem, it's the rule and it works perfectly well for what this competition is about.

But he's not simply knows as James, he's simply known as Rodriguez if you ask me. Like the rest of the Colombian squad, he has a first name and surname.

Yep that's true, and for the purpose of this competition, it was already specified he would go by Neymar.

Yeah i outlined tons of which are similar to James, and would not be counted.

I'm not trying to prove the world right. For the purpose of this competition, it's surnames, or in the case of Brazilians where they go by one name, that's it. James Rodriguez goes by both names, but his surname is what's being used.

I asked a few bookies already, and none of them did the market and wouldn't give an answer. The ones that did said they have him listed as J.Rodriguez or James Rodirgues. None said James. 888 said they would have him as H for Hames

In all the World Cup markets, he's listed as J.Rod, James Rodriguez, but i've not seen James. For the Brazilians, it's their Neymar, Fred, Jo, Oscar names that are listed.

It is like Neymar. It's exactly like Neymar. Commentary has said James. His jersey has always had James. FIFA have been using James and Rodriguez. If he was a superstar like Neymar it would be different so really it is all James Rodriguez' fault

Only Mick is winding up FD. If I was involved I'd be happy to have him make a ruling tbh.
                                But i don't think it's like Neymar, nevermind exactly like it. Commentary also said Rodriguez, like the Colombian broadcasters who would know him best. You're well enough informed about football to know that a player that gets sold for about €45m a year before the world pretty much is a superstar already in world football. 95% of the population probably only know who he is since the World Cup started. If someone asked you last year if that James guy is a good player, i'm sure you would ask, James who? That wouldn't happen with Neymar. I'm just going to give the money to hornswaggle to hold, and i'll let him decide what to do

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                  On the other hand they use RODRIGUEZ on their Top Scorer page, which arguably could be the fairest way to decide it.
                                  http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statist...al-scored.html
                                  Would go with that.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statist...al-scored.html
                                    Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                    Would go with that.
                                    I've actually wrote to FIFA to ask them if they can clarify it, and i mentioned the above too.

Comment

Only one way to settle this. Now we wait.

Comment

I will call him whatever he wants if he gets this top goalscorer...

Comment

Interesting one this.

I think fwiw, using Brazilians as comparisons isn't the right way to go about things. Brazilians specifically are accepted for 'being known' as a certain name (be it nickname, surname, first name, bit of a first name, few letters thrown together, a superhero etc). That Brazilian standard is not evident for any other nationality, so comparing to Neymar etc isn't fair imo.
                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

FD fwiw I'd call it Rodriguez in this.

I'll keep it simple, I'm sure your head is wrecked with this but the James side has a point. I did say it was interesting first then posted my opinion. As I've said, Your call is good here and I'd be happy if involved, but the James side has a valid argument.

I'm not in this so I'll shut up.

What I'm trying to say is I wasn't attacking FD. FU eoghan

I'm also saying the surname rule is retarded and wrong.
                                            Last edited by CHDad; 01-07-14, 01:48.

Comment

Late claims from B.

Comment

Dear Tony,

Thank you for your enquiry.

The players is officially known as "James RODRIGUEZ" by FIFA. "JAMES" is his shirt name.

We trust this information will be of use to you.

Kind regards,

FIFA Communications & Public Affairs

Fédération Internationale de Football Association
                                                FIFA-Strasse 20 P.O. Box 8044 Zurich Switzerland
                                                Tel.: +41-(0)43-222 7777
                                                contact@fifa.org

www.youtube.com/fifatv

Comment

Lukaku started his scoring streak last night so it's all academic
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Curious to see what the question was, could you post an aul screenshot of that?
                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                      Curious to see what the question was, could you post an aul screenshot of that?
                                                      There's no angling here Rigger btw, and definitely no favouritism. I've met you a few times and think you're a sound bloke, and i'm not idea who Zippppppppy is so, so if i wanted anything other than a fair outcome, you'd image i'd push for James. I got shit all the time for the Heads Up leagues that i ran, and for BCOOPs or whatever, but at the end of the day i always just try to make sure the right outcome is reached, regardless of who it's in favour of. If you want to send me your email, i'll forward you on the email. Here it is anyway.

SPOILER

Comment

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Funking for a few James goals just for maximum Rigger pain

Comment

Goal goal goal goal goooooooaaaaaaallllllll
                                                              PB

Comment

As it stands :

1st - $430
                                                                2nd - $230
                                                                3rd - $60

------------------

1st - Rodriguez 6 goals ($430)
                                                                2nd - Mueller 5 goals ($230)
                                                                =3rd - Messi 4 goals($30)
                                                                =3rd - Neymar 4 goals ($30)

Comment

Final results

1st - $430 (€322.50)
                                                                  2nd - $230 (€172.5)
                                                                  3rd - $60 (€45)

--------------------------------------

1st - Rodriguez - (Zippppppppy147 - €322.50)
                                                                  2nd - Muller - (JohnOB - €172.50)
                                                                  3rd - Neymar/Van Persie/Messi - (New Approach/Bohsman/JohnOB - €15)

Well played for those that made some money. As per the Objectives Sweepstake Thread, i received money from people on all platforms, so let me know what your preferred payment method is. Pre Skrill, Stars, Boyles and maybe AIB. I'll try my best to sort you out by your preferred choice though.

Comment

Stars please. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

1st - Rodriguez - (Zippppppppy147 - €322.50)
                                                                      2nd - Muller - (JohnOB - €172.50)
                                                                      3rd - Neymar/Van Persie/Messi - (New Approach/Bohsman/JohnOB - €15)
                                                                      Money shipped to Zipppppppy and bohsman on Stars. Will sort of John on Boyles tomorrow.

Comment

That's everybody sorted now. glgl

Comment

Working...
                                                                        X