NFL Fantasy 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL Fantasy 2012

Just setting up a thread to see what interest we have for 2012.

We had 10 players last year. I think it was $20 apiece.

Obviously those from last year get first dibs but we have room for more. We've still got two months until the start of the season but it'd be nice to have everything set up earlier this year and hopefully get a draft date well in advance that suits everybody.
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Inski

Comment

in

Comment

In.

Cannot wait for the season to start.

Team name from last year: Schaub Shank Redemption
        Last edited by Lurker23; 06-07-12, 20:35.

Comment

In

Comment

Count me in of there's room
            airport, lol

Comment

If you were in last time can you clarify that in your post with your team name from last year. Then I can add and delete teams as necessary.
              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

In please (wasn't in last year)

Comment

In. Cork Cowboys from last year.

Comment

IN.

Comment

In. Show Us Your TDs

Comment

In,

Made the playoffs last year without thinking i did.

Who do i owe money to?
                        I didn't think any money exchanged hands in the end.

The Silver Puddings
                        Last edited by Silver-Tiger; 11-07-12, 13:08. Reason: Add team name

Comment

In also... BigBoysStuff..im sure 20 was collected off me last year Tiger..
                          ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

In if there is room please, didnt play last year!!

Comment

Lurker do I owe you 20 bucks?

Comment

Good to see so much interest. We've got 7 from last year so far.

eagle eye
                                ghostface
                                Lurker23
                                BrianN
                                Juan Pablo
                                Silver-Tiger
                                JackBurton

and then 6 looking to get in

Trippie
                                Marsden02
                                eamonhonda
                                mcnugget
                                A_CitizenErased
                                Fonkey

Hopefully we get a few more and we might even have two leagues. I'll play both if we are a bit short.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                  Lurker do I owe you 20 bucks?
                                  Nope. The money was collected at the start last year.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                    Good to see so much interest. We've got 7 from last year so far.

eagle eye
                                    ghostface
                                    Lurker23
                                    BrianN
                                    Juan Pablo
                                    Silver-Tiger
                                    JackBurton

and then 6 looking to get in

Trippie
                                    Marsden02
                                    eamonhonda
                                    mcnugget
                                    A_CitizenErased
                                    Fonkey

Hopefully we get a few more and we might even have two leagues. I'll play both if we are a bit short.
                                    Ah. I see we are welcoming "The East Berlin Spoofers" to our league this season.

Comment

In if room.

Comment

Would like to play, didn't play last year.

Comment

Any update on this??

Comment

Originally posted by Fonkey View Post
                                            Any update on this??
                                            Its very early so I'm just giving all those that were in last year a chance to get back in. We'll start to finalise things at the end of the second week of the month.

Comment

Drafted my team for league with mates couple days ago. Getting excited
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Anyine have a strong preference for draft night? Mid week/weekend? Early/Late evening?

Comment

Anyone volunteering for collection?

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Pablo View Post
                                                    Anyine have a strong preference for draft night? Mid week/weekend? Early/Late evening?
                                                    I think mid-week and late evening may be best

Anyone volunteering for collection?
                                                    Can collect if no-one else wants to/objects. Can't remember who did it last time. Would only have Stars/Skrill as options really tho.

What's people's feelings on drafting players that are injured but likely to be out for 1st couple of weeks of the season? Was listening to the ESPN podcast last night and Ryan Matthews smashed his clavicle and prob won't return til week 3. Couple more players like that too I think

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                      I think mid-week and late evening may be best
                                                      Agreed

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                      Can collect if no-one else wants to/objects. Can't remember who did it last time. Would only have Stars/Skrill as options really tho.

What's people's feelings on drafting players that are injured but likely to be out for 1st couple of weeks of the season? Was listening to the ESPN podcast last night and Ryan Matthews smashed his clavicle and prob won't return til week 3. Couple more players like that too I think
                                                      Thanks Ste.

Pffft, you think i'm saying anything here, You are the enemy

Comment

It looks like we have 14 people interested in total. Its a nice number to have and hopefully by the time we get to the draft this year they are all still in.

All those in bold need to pm me with an email address and I'll invite them to the league once they've paid up. I've contacted somebody who I hope will hold the money for the league and its not the same person as last year before anybody starts.

eagle eye
                                                        ghostface
                                                        Lurker23
                                                        BrianN
                                                        Juan Pablo
                                                        Silver-Tiger
                                                        JackBurton
                                                        Trippie
                                                        Marsden02
                                                        eamonhonda
                                                        mcnugget
                                                        A_CitizenErased
                                                        Fonkey
                                                        Downtown

Once I've received the email addresses I'll set up a voting thing and link it here to find the most suitable date for the draft.

We have no room for anybody else at the present time so anybody who enters will be put on a waiting list in case anybody drops out. If we suddenly pick up a lot of extra people wishing to enter I'll set up a second one.

Reserves:

1. Padraig
                                                        Last edited by eagle eye; 15-08-12, 15:47.

Comment

Can I still get in on this?

Comment

Originally posted by gocall01 View Post
                                                            Can I still get in on this?
                                                            Reserve/Standby list:

1. padraig
                                                            2. gocall01

Comment

I'm delighted to let all of you know that Iago has kindly agreed to hold onto the money for the league this year.

We are going with $20 again which seems far enough.

The split will be 70/30 between 1st and 2nd places.

Here are the transfer details.

Payment Transfer
                                                              PPP account is golly6
                                                              Paypal email is gareth dot dempsey at gmail dot com

Comment

As soon as we have all 14 entered in the league we will set up a poll to organise the draft date and time.

Comment

$20 sent by Paypal to Gareth. I will let him confirm.

Thanks Iago and EE

Comment

$20 sent by Paypal to Gareth. I will let him confirm.

Thanks Iago and EE
                                                                    Money received, thanks.
                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Payment received from Juan Pablo

Comment

anyone wanna ship for me ill ship on stars
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                          anyone wanna ship for me ill ship on stars
                                                                          remind me about this over the weekend. should be able to sort it

Comment

Payment received from Lurker23

Comment

#39
                                                                              Payment received from Ghostface & eamonhonda

Comment

#40
                                                                                Pm sent to eamonhonda

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Can I send on Stars for this? Also Im not sure how this works. Is it different than the soccer FF?

Not sure I would know enough about the less obvious positions to compete in a draft

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                    Can I send on Stars for this? Also Im not sure how this works. Is it different than the soccer FF?

Not sure I would know enough about the less obvious positions to compete in a draft
                                                                                    Just offensive positions and a teams defence rather than individual defensive players.
                                                                                    Main differencea between it and soccer FF is you draft players, ie take turns picking them so no two teams can have the same player.

Also its a head to head format e.g I play you this week if i score more points I get the win most wins is top of the league.
                                                                                    Towards end of season top teams go to a playoff to the final.
                                                                                    Much much much better than soccer FF
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Having trouble making a transfer on Paddy, can anyone make the transfer and I'll transfer on Stars? (I'll ship first obv)

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Shipped to Iago. Can't wait for the start of the season. Used to be a mad soccer fan but couldn't care less about the Prem now, just waiting for NFL kickoff!

Comment

#45
                                                                                          EE you there?

I'm setting up a league for me and 7 mates. Never been the admin before. What settings did we use for last years?

Comment

#46
                                                                                            EE you there?

I'm setting up a league for me and 7 mates. Never been the admin before. What settings did we use for last years?
                                                                                            Just use the default settings, I think its by far the best way to go because nobody can complain then about something being changed.

Only thing is maybe setting up divisions. If you have two divisions I think it makes it better, if its just one league then the stronger players are likely to come out on top every year I think.
                                                                                            Last edited by eagle eye; 21-08-12, 20:51.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                              Just use the default settings, I think its by far the best way to go because nobody can complain then about something being changed.
                                                                                              So i say no to divisions and 1 week per playoff matchup?

Comment

#48
                                                                                                So i say no to divisions and 1 week per playoff matchup?
                                                                                                The playoff thing is up to yourself. If you want four teams in the playoffs then you should do that in weeks 15 and 16. Week 17 should never be part of fantasy because a lot of teams will have made the playoffs and they rest players so its a bad week in the NFL.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Bumping this for those who have not paid yet. The sooner we get all the moneys in the sooner we can arrange a draft.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                    Shipped to Iago. Can't wait for the start of the season. Used to be a mad soccer fan but couldn't care less about the Prem now, just waiting for NFL kickoff!
                                                                                                    Money received (sorry for the delayed post)

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                      Pm sent.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        If there are still unpaid players I pay double to get in...

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Money shipped... time to get studying!

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Seven have paid up so far. I'm gonna set a closing date for this now which is Friday 31st August. If you are not in by then you are out. We need to leave time free to do a draft. I can't even set up a poll to see what night is most popular until I have all entrants confirmed as paid. Please get your money in quick. That includes me too I just realised.

Juan Pablo
                                                                                                            Silver-Tiger
                                                                                                            Lurker23
                                                                                                            Ghostface
                                                                                                            eamonhonda
                                                                                                            mcnugget
                                                                                                            BrianN(tbc)

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Payment received from BrianN

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Come on boss, put me in, I'm ready, I won't let you down, been doing test drafts and all here!!!

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by gocall01 View Post
                                                                                                                  Come on boss, put me in, I'm ready, I won't let you down, been doing test drafts and all here!!!
                                                                                                                  As both reserves want in (I'm the other one), would it be possible to go to a 16-team league if all 14 players on the main list sign up?

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by padraig View Post
                                                                                                                    As both reserves want in (I'm the other one), would it be possible to go to a 16-team league if all 14 players on the main list sign up?
                                                                                                                    Max teams is 16 so don't see a problem here. If we do go to 16 teams may I suggest we trim a bench spot from 6 to 5? Was slim pickings on the waiver wire last year in that boards 16 team league, removing one bench spot would make it a bit better.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Lets just see how things go over the next few days. I may need help with this because I'm unavailable at the weekend(Sat/Sun). Nobody has paid up since I put up that post. I have a feeling we are going to have a few dropouts.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        What kind of help ya need. Ill be working all weekend nights but will have free time
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X