HectorJelly Blog Updates: Month End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HectorJelly Blog Updates: Month End

Its true what they say, its a lot easier to blog when you are winning. This month was a disaster from start to finish. Unless something remarkable happens in the next few minutes (Edit: it didn't!) I'm going to post my first losing month since 2005. There was a number of reasons why.

1) I wasn't playing great. I never tilted (which was great) but I definitely could of played better at times.

2) I was playing in some terrible games. I should know at this stage that if I'm the loosest person at the table, I should leave. (I'm pretty tight (usually around 21/17)

3) I ran very badly.

It wasn't a total disaster. I just totted up the figures and I lost about €500 after rakeback. Its a shame to lose my monthly record though, I was proud of it. If February was a normal month I probably would of been able to turn it around, I've already won it back.

So understandably I didn't reach my target of 40k hands. I played a little over 30k, which considering how I ran is pretty good. This month I will definitely (!) play over 40k. (Good start already, I've reached 3k already)

As for football, that has been going great. Our team is undefeated in seven matches. Depending on our last two results we could finish between 6th and 4th; which is great considering the awful start we had. I felt like Juande Ramos at the start of the season, with one point from our first 4 games. I think with the changes in personell we have had, our improvement in skill & physicality, and our honed tactics we can realistically aim for a top 3 finish next season.

I got the play typed up, I need to get the second draft done this month.

More...
Working...
X