Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man City 5-0 up against Watford after 18 mins. Haven't scored for 10 mins though. Record incoming?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
      4. The first entry in a poker diary from 2008. Mustn't have known Kayroo's online moniker 'till later

SPOILER
      I think your name for him is better. Mods!
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Not 1 minute of rugby seen today.

Saving myself for the knockouts.

Comment

Tell us about Nicaragua CC. Just finished Bob Woodward's book about CIA intervention down there in the 80s.

They weren't exactly hiding what they were trying to do tbf

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
            Class. The French have come to party. Rounders get the jersey on!!
            Driving to the NCT during the last 15 minutes of the game listening to the commentary stream!, I could have done without that grief but at last they come out on the right side!. Never change France never change!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Tell us about Nicaragua CC. Just finished Bob Woodward's book about CIA intervention down there in the 80s.

They weren't exactly hiding what they were trying to do tbf
              My memory of it is very vague really. The whole experience felt like westworld (the movie!) with the safety off at the time. Most striking thing was the almost unbelievable level of poverty. For the 4 weeks we were picking, there was no electricity, no running water, and only boiled rice and kidney beans 3 times a day. I was too embarrassed to use my camera, as it cost more than the locals earned in a year. The kids were fascinated with my spectacles, as they'd never seen such devices before.
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The plan to stay with familys and the location was changed at the last minute as that place was attacked, and akair about 10 people killed the week before we were to arrive. We ended up staying together in the school house in a different area, with locals with kalashnikovs staying up all night outside.

Comment

The plan to stay with familys and the location was changed at the last minute as that place was attacked, and akair about 10 people killed the week before we were to arrive. We ended up staying together in the school house in a different area, with locals with kalashnikovs staying up all night outside.
                  Was the whole junior Commie thing something you did yourself or was the whole family raving reds? Curious how you got into that scene in 1980s Ireland.

Comment

Fear not umbrella fans, just picked up my new Knirps T2 Duomatic. A thing of beauty.

In a rather daring move, I went navy this time rather than regulation black. Pushing the limits.

Comment

Was the whole junior Commie thing something you did yourself or was the whole family raving reds? Curious how you got into that scene in 1980s Ireland.
                      Family were pretty serious Trade Unionists, and quite left wing though it was somewhat tempered by their Roman Catholicism.
                      First read the communist manifesto when I was about twelve, and one think lead to another.

Comment

A few old envelopes from Sverdlovsk, now Yekaterinburg

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

Deffo on a couple of lists CC.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                            Deffo on a couple of lists CC.
                            Sometimes wonder if your allowed access to your old special branch photos, though feel it's probably best to not even ask.

Comment

Sometimes wonder if your allowed access to your old special branch photos, though feel it's probably best to not even ask.
                              Under data protection legislation you have the right to access personal information which the Gardaí hold on you, except in certain circumstances. Find out how to access your information.

You might get bored someday...
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

They were presumably more concerned by the IRA at the time!

Comment

They were presumably more concerned by the IRA at the time!
                                  They deffo took photos at various protests. Unlikely that they held on to them though. Just surprised me when one of my nephews was interviewed to be a Garda, the only people they asked him about were myself and my dead brother.

Comment

They deffo took photos at various protests. Unlikely that they held on to them though. Just surprised me when one of my nephews was interviewed to be a Garda, the only people they asked him about were myself and my dead brother.
                                    How did you feel when the USSR crumbled under the weight of its own internal contradictions?

Comment

More from Sverdlovsk. Andrey had such beautiful handwriting

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

Do you know what became of Andrey? He had fantastic English, even throwing in some colloquialisms

Comment

Do you know what became of Andrey? He had fantastic English, even throwing in some colloquialisms
                                          He even had some gaeilge. No, as time went on and he felt freer to talk, we ended up having a bit of a falling out over the execution of the Romanovs. I did try to apologise afterwards, but he was having none of it.

Comment

How did you feel when the USSR crumbled under the weight of its own internal contradictions?
                                            Old documentary about class struggle & Marxism which explains why Brexit happened and why the poor in England still vote Tory
                                            spoiler...
                                            SPOILER
                                            something to do with lying shot in a ditch and never complaining being better than having to think for yourself

Roger Of The Raj, Original air date - 24 October 1979.Plot: On the eve of the Great War Roger Bartlesham's aristocratic parents are firm believers in the Emp...

Comment

More Andrey

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

He even had some gaeilge. No, as time went on and he felt freer to talk, we ended up having a bit of a falling out over the execution of the Romanovs. I did try to apologise afterwards, but he was having none of it.
                                                Jaysis. You must both have been insufferable at that age.

Comment

Jaysis. You must both have been insufferable at that age.
                                                  Ah, I'd say it was 95% me being a cunt. You'd think a handwritten letter would make you more diplomatic, and it usually does.
                                                  Last edited by ComradeCollie; 21-09-19, 21:54.

Comment

Lovely try Namibia

Comment

What are we expecting against Scotland and the latter matches?
                                                      High hopes or praying for the best?

Comment

Jeez, that rain is brutal

Comment

Does Jamie Heaslip have a prop bet to say pivotal over 100 times?
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                            What are we expecting against Scotland and the latter matches?
                                                            High hopes or praying for the best?
                                                            We win the group with consummate ease. Then we win the whole shebang.

Healy FTS today pls. RUGBY.

Comment

Maitland/stockdale fts for me with the pp special.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                Does Jamie Heaslip have a prop bet to say pivotal over 100 times?
                                                                Nice suit, nice shirt. Jesus, learn how to knot your tie.

Comment

Maybe it's just getting up so early but that is some miserable bunch in the studio.

It's fucking sport, not the Potsdam Conference.

Comment

Do you know what became of Andrey?
                                                                    Actually found him easily enough. He's been working in the Ural State University since finishing his PhD in 1990. Fair play to Andrey

SPOILER
                                                                    Last edited by ComradeCollie; 22-09-19, 08:07.

Comment

Maybe it's just getting up so early but that is some miserable bunch in the studio.

It's fucking sport, not the Potsdam Conference.
                                                                      O'Connell and o driscoll on itv. Why would you put yourself through the misery of watching it on rte?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                        O'Connell and o driscoll on itv. Why would you put yourself through the misery of watching it on rte?
                                                                        Can't find ITV on Virgin.

Comment

Actually found him easily enough. He's been working in the Ural State University since finishing his PhD in 1990. Fair play to Andrey

A Serious Man.

Comment

O'Mahony has the psycho face on. All good.

Comment

Wayne Barnes. Ah, ffs.

Comment

Because Virgin Ireland doesnt have it!

Comment

Were a good few of the Scots lads crying at the anthem? You'd think they might be over hyped if so.

Comment

It's definitely available. I wonder if it's one of those you have to auto tune?

Comment

Aki and Larmour, two loose plays already. Joe will be jabbing the voodoo dolls.

Comment

410 for Eir

Comment

Boom! Some gap for Henderson there.

Comment

Do ye not have Rte 2 ?

Never mind too hungover/drunk to follow threads .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                              Do ye not have Rte 2 ?
                                                                                              That's what I'm watching but apparently I shouldn't be.

Comment

Oh flowery Scotland.

Comment

Keep squeezing

Comment

I think Rory just stole a try from O'Mahoney
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

No need to get too excited yet, tis only Scotland after all.
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                        No need to get too excited yet, tis only Scotland after all.
                                                                                                        Softest group of all time tbf:

Japan look pretty shit thus far. We won't break sweat winning this group.

Comment

Softest group of all time tbf:
                                                                                                          It really is, but You'll need all your energy for SA

Comment

Might as well go get breakfast

Comment

Scotlands scrum was so slow to react there
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

What was the spread Sitch?

Comment

What was the spread Sitch?
                                                                                                                  Pretty sure it was 8

Comment

High balls just seem to be a lottery in these conditions

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                      Pretty sure it was 8
                                                                                                                      Was 8 on pp anyway
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

One thing we're very bad at is finishing off a clean break. Both Stockdale and Stander unable to slow down, get the head up and see who was coming up in support to run in an easy try.

Comment

One thing we're very bad at is finishing off a clean break. Both Stockdale and Stander unable to slow down, get the head up and see who was coming up in support to run in an easy try.
                                                                                                                          Ah here Roy Keane . We're on fire.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X