Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come out ye black and trans
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Phil Hogan could be sailing a bit close to the wind in taunting Boris with the Unelected Prime Minister line

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        Musk out tweeting about Mars to distract from the news that he caused fires in 7 Walmart shops. Wonder how long he keeps the fraud running.
        Hang on. He personally started fires?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Brexit really is going to be an anticlimactic non event. Y3k now there is something to worry about .

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Hang on. He personally started fires?
            I wish

Solar City installed solar panels in 250 stores, 7 of them went on fire. Walmart suing Tesla. Meanwhile Musk talks about trying to set Mars on fire.

Indeed, Walmart quickly discovered that Tesla routinely deployed individuals to inspect the solar systems who lacked basic solar training and knowledge. Tesla's personnel did not know, for example, how to conduct inspections or how to use simple tools, such as temperature-measuring "guns" used to detect hotspots, and a Tesla employee failed to identify multiple hotspots that Walmart's consultants observed.

14. Walmart's inspectors observed negligent and dangerous wire connection practices, which were readily apparent at many of the sites visited and are a critical risk factor in contributing to fires. Tesla personnel had made numerous on-site cable connections using connectors that were not compatible with one another, and they had often failed to "torque" (i.e.,tighten) the connectors adequately, due at least in part to their failure to use proper tools for that purpose.

15. Moreover, Tesla's wire management practices were negligent and inconsistent with prudent industry practices. Loose and hanging wires were present at multiple Walmart locations, resulting in abraded and exposed wires, decreased insulation, and a phenomenon known as arcing that substantially increases the risk of fire by causing electricity to travel through an unintended path. Tesla also failed to "ground" its systems properly, violating basic practices for the installation and operation of electrical systems in a way that increased the risk of electrical fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
              If I want to make an offer on a property when buying a house and an estate agent tells me "we already have been offered x" is there any reason why they would be telling the truth?
              So it turns out the house we were after sold for less than we offered. In fact we were told there was an offer in for over 10k more than it sold for and they never got back to us. Feeling we were a bit shafted on this one. Not going to get hung up on it but would like to fire a shot across the bows of the estate agent - what options, if any, do I have?

Comment

So it turns out the house we were after sold for less than we offered. In fact we were told there was an offer in for over 10k more than it sold for and they never got back to us. Feeling we were a bit shafted on this one. Not going to get hung up on it but would like to fire a shot across the bows of the estate agent - what options, if any, do I have?
                Move on, man. You'll waste time and energy and for what? Not sure what you want to happen. They won't care.

Nothing more stressful than buying. Put your focus and energy into your potential next home.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                  Do you see it as a changer ? You would need decent BB speeds, I assume everything is off the cloud, so offline gaming would not be possible ?

Considering the last game i played was bomberman on the NES, im a bit out of the loop...
                  I already have all of this with Nvidia shield and GeForce Now.

Play games that my computer wouldn't be capable off, stream it directly off of beefy servers in London. No clue about how useful it would be in Ireland though. Latency between you and server could certainly render some games (multiplayer online specifically) un-playable.

Comment

In Ireland estate agents are just as accountable as the legal profession

Comment

Any restaurant recommendations for Co. Clare this Saturday? Staying near Killinaboy but will drive. Just finishing up in Campagne tonight. Cracking food and value.
                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                        Any restaurant recommendations for Co. Clare this Saturday? Staying near Killinaboy but will drive. Just finishing up in Campagne tonight. Cracking food and value.
                        Booked in there next month but wtf is with the price of a bed in KK? Crazy prices!

Comment

Wild Honey Inn in Lisdoonvarna is top class. I saw on their twitter this evening they have a room available for Friday and Saturday due to a late cancellation. It's Michelin Star but very (extremely) laid back and a three course meal will probably cost about €60 a head before drinks.

We were strongly contemplating snaffling the room for the weekend but have prior engagements.

Comment

FYI

Comment

Where ya staying?

Would highly recommend here (you've prob booked but anyone else is thinking about a trip to Clare).

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

White Cliff of Dover

SPOILER
                                Is the average brexit voter

Andy Zalzman

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                  Move on, man. You'll waste time and energy and for what? Not sure what you want to happen. They won't care.

Nothing more stressful than buying. Put your focus and energy into your potential next home.
                                  meh I know just a rotten feeling knowing you got fucked. nothing will happen Im just being salty

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                    Where ya staying?

Would highly recommend here (you've prob booked but anyone else is thinking about a trip to Clare).

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...-b-b-1.3161534
                                    It's a pity V4V didn't ask last week, I was in Spanish Point on Tuesday and we stayed in The Armada, pretty average overall, I wouldn't be rushing back.

I definitely would have preferred what you shared.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                      Where ya staying?

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...-b-b-1.3161534
                                      Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                      It's a pity V4V didn't ask last week, I was in Spanish Point on Tuesday and we stayed in The Armada, pretty average overall, I wouldn't be rushing back.

We’ve been camping at Apple Farm (fantastic). Staying at a hotel now and moving to a lovely looking Airbnb house in Clare later today. Nice to try a mix of things.
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                        Wild Honey Inn in Lisdoonvarna is top class. I saw on their twitter this evening they have a room available for Friday and Saturday due to a late cancellation. It's Michelin Star but very (extremely) laid back and a three course meal will probably cost about €60 a head before drinks.

We were strongly contemplating snaffling the room for the weekend but have prior engagements.
                                        Thanks I’ll try and book in later today.

Comment

We’ve been camping at Apple Farm.
                                          Your membership of the Horsehead Elite has been terminated with immediate effect. Kindly return your horse mask at your earliest convenience.

Comment

Hope you enjoy your visit to Clare

A few places you might think about if Wild honey inn doesn't work out.

Oar in Doolin is a new entrant to the market this year it's not a big menu but it's all really well done.

Little Fox in Ennistymon is an experience for an open-minded diner. The menu is eclectic and you're going to have to be willing to eat most of it to feel well-fed. The food is exceptional in terms of quality and ingenuity though. They have a communal seating policy so you can end up sharing a table which is something to be conscious of before you arrive.

If you get a fine Sunday morning it's hard to top brunch overlooking the beach at Randaddy in Lahinch.

If you're heading the other way from Kilnaboy Linnnanes in new Quay is hard to top for seafood and The pier head in Kinvara is consistently good.

Sweet n'green in Ennis is an exceptional lunch stop if you're coming in that way.

Comment

I've head good things about the restaurant at Red Cliff Lodge did you happen to visit while you were in Spanish Point?

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post
                                                I've head good things about the restaurant at Red Cliff Lodge did you happen to visit while you were in Spanish Point?
                                                No we didn't, we actually had Vaughans in Liscannor booked but we cancelled because we were walking longer than intended and got soaked.

We ate in the hotel, the bar menu, which was ok, portions were ridiculously big.

Again pity this question didn't pop up last week as I definitely would have tried Little Fox

Comment

Your membership of the Horsehead Elite has been terminated with immediate effect. Kindly return your horse mask at your earliest convenience.
                                                  Lol. It was class so no regrets!

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post
                                                    Hope you enjoy your visit to Clare

A few places you might think about if Wild honey inn doesn't work out.

Oar in Doolin is a new entrant to the market this year it's not a big menu but it's all really well done.

Little Fox in Ennistymon is an experience for an open-minded diner. The menu is eclectic and you're going to have to be willing to eat most of it to feel well-fed. The food is exceptional in terms of quality and ingenuity though. They have a communal seating policy so you can end up sharing a table which is something to be conscious of before you arrive.

If you get a fine Sunday morning it's hard to top brunch overlooking the beach at Randaddy in Lahinch.

If you're heading the other way from Kilnaboy Linnnanes in new Quay is hard to top for seafood and The pier head in Kinvara is consistently good.

Sweet n'green in Ennis is an exceptional lunch stop if you're coming in that way.
                                                    A great list. TYVM.

Comment

On the whole I'd rather be in Clare.

Have made a few attempts to visit the wild honey inn but haven't managed to get there yet. Are they sticking with this closing for the winter lark?
                                                      That's another great thing about Clare, it's just as great all year round.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          On the whole I'd rather be in Clare.
                                                          Hard to disagree with that....

Have made a few attempts to visit the wild honey inn but haven't managed to get there yet. Are they sticking with this closing for the winter lark?
                                                          That's another great thing about Clare, it's just as great all year round.
                                                          They have a young(ish) family so I think being closed for the winter suits them. It's very hard to do any kind of midweek trade, in Clare, at that time of year anyway and opening somewhere like that just for weekends is probably impractical.

Your right though, Clare is great all year round. I especially love a walk on the flaggy shore on a windy winter afternoon. Heaney had it right...

And some time make the time to drive out west

Into County Clare, along the Flaggy Shore,
                                                          In September or October, when the wind
                                                          And the light are working off each other
                                                          So that the ocean on one side is wild
                                                          With foam and glitter, ....

Comment

A1

Comment

Not sure what is more beautiful there.

Heaney or Trump

Comment

A1

He did self-describe as the chosen one recently...

It's hard to tell but I definitely feel his nuttiness has gone up a few levels lately. Imagine being his chief of staff.

Comment

Best one yet I think

RELIEF has washed over a panicked world as their fears that retailing giant Amazon Inc and its warehouses had been set ablaze have proven incorrect, WWN can confirm. The shocking news that over 73,000 fires had …

Comment

We’ve been camping at Apple Farm (fantastic). gs.
                                                                    How are Mr and Mrs Boot, the two kids and Rusty?

Comment

After some careful consideration I’m going with Outsider but in form Matsuyama in the golf. Nothing at the top is of value under this format.

I may of course just go into my nearest bookies and incur the wrath of the value hunters who know a great way to squeeze some extra green out of it.

I’m looking forward to a nice bit o golf viewing. 15 million dollar to the winner. bethejaysus

Comment

Are the markets treating this as a scratch tournament or taking the fedex handicaps into account?

Comment

A1

He turns more and more into Alan Partridge as the days go on.

"Wings - the band that the Beatles could have been!"Alan tells about his favorite music after buying a state of the art Bang & Olufsen stereo. Very funny Par...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                            Are the markets treating this as a scratch tournament or taking the fedex handicaps into account?
                                                                            Markets available for both

Comment

Speaking of Clare. Stayed @ Killofin House in Labasheeda couple of years ago which was one of the highlights of the trip around the south west.

It's not an amazing house, but it is certainly authentic, a proper step back in time.

Sat and chat with the two owners for a couple of hours over tea, ate breakfast supplied fully from their farm the next morning. They were savage value.

Herself didn't sleep a wink though, not after seeing the sacred heart of Jaysis, the 5 foot statues of mary, and the photo of the Pope above the bed. Hilariously enough, I was utterly blind to all of them, as they didn't seem out of place at all. She (a true heathen, born and bred!) was terrified we were going to be invited to mass and held up as an example of a couple living in sin.

There was sweet fuck all to do around the place too. Went to the pub in the back of the shop for a bit, but was all driving distance so didn't stay late.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                How are Mr and Mrs Boot, the two kids and Rusty?
                                                                                We kept calling it Apple tree farm in advance so she was looking for them when we got there. She had to make do with Con and his two donkeys, and the playground and all the other adventures. We told her Apple tree farm is in England not Tipperary in the end! 😂

Comment

Australia collapsing in the 3rd test, Archer gonna be a superstar.

Probably time to lump on Oz tbf, given recent test form.

Comment

Every day my tolerance for this fucking bollox gets stretched further.

I'm getting close to the Denny position of "fuck them, they need this to go so savagely wrong that they fucking wake up and see what the world is actually like".

I can't believe that I'm still being surprised by the Brits' ignorance at this stage. It's ridiculous.

Comment

Also, fair play SatNav.

Last edited by Emmet; 22-08-19, 20:18.

Comment

Supposed to stay in Portlaoise and have a night on the tiles with the Satnavs and co on Saturday...

Plug pulled due due Sky workage early on Sunday morning for poor Satnav.

Kinda fidgeted around so as not to blow a free pass...

Now travelling free grata to United match...straight to watch Arsenal demolish Pool..night on beer in Liverpool and back by midday 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

I'm getting close to the Denny position of "fuck them, they need this to go so savagely wrong that they fucking wake up and see what the world is actually like".

I can't believe that I'm still being surprised by the Brits' ignorance at this stage. It's ridiculous.
                                                                                          The really frustrating thing is we can’t properly enjoy watching them destroy themselves because of the impact it’s going to have on us

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                            Supposed to stay in Portlaoise and have a night on the tiles with the Satnavs and co on Saturday...

Plug pulled due due Sky workage early on Sunday morning for poor Satnav.

Kinda fidgeted around so as not to blow a free pass...

Now travelling free grata to United match...straight to watch Arsenal demolish Pool..night on beer in Liverpool and back by midday ��
                                                                                            See everything happens for a reason.
                                                                                            We shall reschedule dear. Imagine me heading into work Sunday after a fucking session with you ffs, we both know that's a fucking disaster ��

On another note sky 1 Brassic, fucking excellent!!!
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Saw a Facebook on this day post today. 4 years ago took my American wife to her first hurling game (never heard of the sport until the day before). It was Galway tipp semi final which was an astonishing game. Every time she sees me reading about or watching hurling she thinks that was the run of the mill standard game.

SPOILER
                                                                                              she's not far off in fairness

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

But it won't be their fault.
                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

###BREAKINGNEWS###
                                                                                                  Dundalk Ommiplex cinema has just been robbed !!. Police are urging witnesses to come forward!

Two Gunmen have just escaped with an estimated total of €1,500 in goods.

It’s believed the men have made off with 4 hot dogs, 2 medium pepsi max’s, a family size popcorn and a bag of revels...

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                    ###BREAKINGNEWS###
                                                                                                    Dundalk Ommiplex cinema has just been robbed !!. Police are urging witnesses to come forward!

Two Gunmen have just escaped with an estimated total of €1,500 in goods.

It’s believed the men have made off with 4 hot dogs, 2 medium pepsi max’s, a family size popcorn and a bag of revels...
                                                                                                    Owners are probably happy it wasn't one of their Dublin outlets as you would have to add a zero to the losses!

Comment

Pfft, ye are doing it wrong. The only thing I've brought into a cinema in the last 5 years is booze.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                        On another note sky 1 Brassic, fucking excellent!!!
                                                                                                        Agreed.

Comment

Enjoyed this:

Comment

The Chinese artist and dissident Ai Weiwei is swapping his adopted home of Berlin for Britain, saying German society has become intolerant of refugees and that he feels like a man without a home.

LOL, who wants to tell him ?

Comment

Enjoyed this:
                                                                                                              The Finns were aligned with the Nazis in WW2 (Solks can remind his Mrs of this at suitable moments) so they probably shouldn't take all that much offence...

Comment

The Finns were aligned with the Nazis in WW2 (Solks can remind his Mrs of this at suitable moments) so they probably shouldn't take all that much offence...
                                                                                                                Diamond talks about their strong national identity and ability to navigate their precarious situation in the 20th century.

They kept the Russians at bay during the Winter War and signed a treaty with them, I wasn't aware they were actually aligned with Nazis. Pretty sure as a proportion of their male population, Finns lost more than any nation during WW2.

Comment

Diamond talks about their strong national identity and ability to navigate their precarious situation in the 20th century.

They kept the Russians at bay during the Winter War and signed a treaty with them, I wasn't aware they were actually aligned with Nazis. Pretty sure as a proportion of their male population, Finns lost more than any nation during WW2.
                                                                                                                  I don't think your stats are correct. They couldn't possibly be when you consider where the bulk of WW2 hostilities and deaths took place. And indeed they are not.

Hard to feel sorry for them when you consider what was inflicted on then Leningrad. Which the Finns enabled via the Karelian Isthmus

The Russians made them pay in the end. In typical Stalin fashion.

Then, just to finnish off this little tale, Finland ended the war as one of those strange countries who fought both with and against the Nazis in WW2.

Name the others, without Google.

Comment

Football trivia

I have over 50 international caps

Player of the year 7 times in my home country

Played for 3 premier league teams, 2 of which are London based

Played for 2 different teams in a champions league final

Who am I?

Comment

I don't think your stats are correct. They couldn't possibly be when you consider where the bulk of WW2 hostilities and deaths took place. And indeed they are not.

Hard to feel sorry for them when you consider what was inflicted on then Leningrad. Which the Finns enabled via the Karelian Isthmus

The Russians made them pay in the end. In typical Stalin fashion.

Then, just to finnish off this little tale, Finland ended the war as one of those strange countries who fought both with and against the Nazis in WW2.

What exactly do you mean? Not sure what you want me to name and why you think I would Google anything to refute any point you made.

I'll have to get the exact excerpt but I'm almost sure he mentioned Finnish deaths as a proportion of population, not debating what you shared, just anecdotal from the book.

Comment

What exactly do you mean? Not sure what you want me to name and why you think I would Google anything to refute any point you made.
                                                                                                                        It's just a trivia question: what countries both fought with and against the Nazis in WW2? (as a nation state, not partisans etc)
                                                                                                                        Feel free to play or not.

I'll have to get the exact excerpt but I'm almost sure he mentioned Finnish deaths as a proportion of population, not debating what you shared, just anecdotal from the book.
                                                                                                                        It's clearly incorrect (like not within a million miles of correctness) so I'd take that book and throw it away.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Italy, Greece (perhaps if you count the Vichy regime you could say France )
                                                                                                                          ?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X