Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh me, oh my...
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Can't remember when I last saw Blacks being comprehensively outplayed in the maul like that.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Puke for English. Sick stuff on the decision . Correct but sick

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Can't remember when I last saw Blacks being comprehensively outplayed in the maul like that.
          Pressure does strange things...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Not the drunken Dice post we have become accustomed to. ^^
            Prob just as well i cant post videos lol....England Welsh final be mad

Comment

LOL.Own goal there.

Comment

Stick a fork in the ABs here, their heads are gone.

Comment

English defence superb!

Comment

England simply the better team and by a long way. Considering they have been very unlucky to the tune of a 17 point swing in the game a 30 plus drubbing looks like a fairer result.
                    Toughest part is picking one MOTM from Curry Underhill and Itoje.

Comment

England look like the warriors here .

Comment

England demonstrating that if you’re positive and aggressive this New Zealand team can be shut down. Fully deserve this victory - everything we weren’t last weekend. Jones has got the prep for this tournament spot on and they fully deserve to be in the final.
                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Could be a Battle of the Bollixes in the final.

Jones vs Gatland.

Comment

NZ just going exactly where England want them to. Like fish swimming into a net.

Comment

South Africa must be loving this

Comment

Could be a Battle of the Bollixes in the final.

Jones vs Gatland.
                                Bollixes they may be but magnificent bastards all the same. I like Hansen and Rassie mind. Coaching royalty all round.
                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Will be a great relief for English people to have something other than the Brexit shit show to think about.

Comment

Will be a great relief for English people to have something other than the Brexit shit show to think about.
                                    Could you argue that Brexit, by throwing off the evil shackles of the EUSSR, has enabled this rugby triumph? That in fact the architect of this win is....Nigel Farage.

Comment

Can't be a coincidence that games Nigel refs are typically free-flowing spectacles. We'll miss him when he's gone.

https://youtu.be/5YUF9LSXAkY
                                      What a dream it would be to hear something like that in soccer

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                        What a dream it would be to hear something like that in soccer
                                        I do love taking the piss out of players when I'm umpiring hockey. My favourite is, when someone is moaning about one of my decisions is to say "tell you what, we'll watch it on Match of the Day tonight and you can tell me who was right."

And then I give Nigel Owens a mental hat tip.

Comment

Be some feat if they pull off the toff sport World Cup double this year. Be a lively sport personality of the year market.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Eng Wales would be a shite final imo. Dreary. Come on the boks!

Comment

Could you argue that Brexit, by throwing off the evil shackles of the EUSSR, has enabled this rugby triumph? That in fact the architect of this win is....Nigel Farage.
                                              Depends, is Farage a particularly good chemist?

Comment

Everything Owens said in the clip was commendable until he brought soccer into it. I find proponents of one sport, who try to run down another odious. Just get on with the game you love and enjoy it, without feeling you need to justify something by denigrating another sport. There is no such thing as a rival sport. A kid being passionate about ANY sport is a good thing.
                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                  Everything Owens said in the clip was commendable until he brought soccer into it. I find proponents of one sport, who try to run down another odious. Just get on with the game you love and enjoy it, without feeling you need to justify something by denigrating another sport. There is no such thing as a rival sport. A kid being passionate about ANY sport is a good thing.
                                                  Just the inherent inferiority complex, GAA heads (cough SP cough) who constantly go on about soccer fans at the GAA etc are the same

Soccer as a business is fucking awful on it's own, doesn't need help pointing it out and there is no need to make yourself small by trying to favourably compare to it

Comment

Pressure in sport is something else, NZ prides itself on athelte centered coaching and letting the leaders on field lead but the backs were missing a lot today. It's easy when you have Carter, nonu or Conrad Smith like the last world cup. everything that people were criticising new zealand for in the lead up to Ireland game last week came true today.

England were outrageously good on defence though.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                      Pressure in sport is something else, NZ prides itself on athelte centered coaching and letting the leaders on field lead but the backs were missing a lot today. It's easy when you have Carter, nonu or Conrad Smith like the last world cup. everything that people were criticising new zealand for in the lead up to Ireland game last week came true today.

England were outrageously good on defence though.
                                                      A cracking match. I think SA will win tmrw and it should be a pretty decent final.
                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                        Just the inherent inferiority complex, GAA heads (cough SP cough) who constantly go on about soccer fans at the GAA etc are the same

Soccer as a business is fucking awful on it's own, doesn't need help pointing it out and there is no need to make yourself small by trying to favourably compare to it
                                                        Goes both, in fact mulit, ways to be fair. Every sport has negatives but many more positives.... well maybe not bog ball.
                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

That show that came on after the Rugby looks nuts/daft... Ninja warrior, how is it on TV, must be some seriously bad injuries

Before I turned it off one lad fell from a decent height into a pool, the pool was narrow enough and if he came off the obsitcle at an angle he could easily be hitting the sides

Comment

Ewan trolling hard this WC but this is a fairly damning stat all the same
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

Ewan trolling hard this WC but this is a fairly damning stat all the same
                                                              It's a sample of 6 though, hardly worth a mention, it's one of the stats rolled out by talking heads but means very little.

Comment

Funny enough when darts player Phil Taylor had a similar record (players who beat him in tv tournaments always lost their next game) it was seen as a positive thing from Taylors pov - beating him was such a difficult and energy consuming task that players had no more to give in their next match.

Comment

Pints in Stephens green area with rag2gar and myself if anyone is around

Peters pub now
                                                                  Last edited by Trippie; 26-10-19, 14:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                    Pints in Stephens green area with rag2gar and myself if anyone is around

Peters pub now
                                                                    Stuck in work. Stupid Diwali. :-/
                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                      Stuck in work. Stupid Diwali. :-/
                                                                      Imagine your Indian colleagues saying 'fucking Christmas'....

Comment

Imagine your Indian colleagues saying 'fucking Christmas'....
                                                                        I hear this a fair bit.

In good spirits mind, but they definitely say it.
                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                          I hear this a fair bit.

In good spirits mind, but they definitely say it.
                                                                          One lad said he was planning on going on hols he found it so annoying, until he saw it was triple time for working Christmas Day...
                                                                          Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 26-10-19, 18:03.
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Anyone know what price Thomas Davis were and the handicap?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                              Anyone know what price Thomas Davis were and the handicap?
                                                                              Kilmacud were 1/5 before the game
                                                                              Some shocked

Comment

In Kerry, Rathmore were relegated to Intermediate for the first time in 20 years. Kilcummin needed a 2nd half comeback to beat them and they themselves only won the intermediate last year.

I'll be lumping on Rathmore for any competition they're in next year, including the intermediate all Ireland club which I'll imagine they will piss through.

Comment

Continuing with the amateur sporting buzz, Ireland currently 1-1 with Canada in the men's Olympic playoff. Live on RTE Player.

Comment

1-2 at half-time, despite owning the ball.

Comment

1-2 at half-time, despite owning the ball.
                                                                                      3-2 up and RTE Playa goes on strike.

Another game tomorrow. Same craic, same opponents for the women in Dublin next weekend. Bringing the daughters, son refused to attend.

He'll develop an interest in women in short skirts at some juncture.

Comment

5-3 victory. Tokyo beckons, assuming they can keep the heads tomorrow.

That's a huge achievement.

Comment

Boks to win RWC outright. Lumpage now.

Comment

Two best anthems go head to head. Tension unbearable.

nkosi sikelel iafrika shades it for me, heard a gospel version of that at a wedding that was unreal. I was the only whitey there.

("What you doing this weekend man?" "Nothing much, just hang around Sandton." "OK. You coming to my brother's wedding.")

Comment

Will be cheering for Waayaals but hard to make a winning argument for them. SA to pull away after 60 mins.

Red card 5/1.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Black and white arm in arm. Some transformation.

my bloed is groen!

Comment

Well this a shite game.

Comment

Faf de Klerk channelling his inner Peter Stringer with that tap tackle, best part of the half and they didn't even show a replay.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Well this a shite game.
                                                                                                      quite unattractive after yesterday's game but if Wales can hang in there until about 70 mins you could get a good finish.
                                                                                                      Both teams seem to be lacking a bit of positivity and are just wanting to grind it out, I'd have expected a bit more from the Boks.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                        Faf de Klerk channelling his inner Peter Stringer with that tap tackle, best part of the half and they didn't even show a replay.
                                                                                                        Poor selection of replays has been a feature of this whole tournament, I've never used the live pause rewind myself so much before.

Comment

North a huge loss, I'd prefer to see Wales win generally but I backed England/SA straight forecast before the match yesterday so I feel I'm largely freerolling now.

Comment

quite unattractive after yesterday's game but if Wales can hang in there until about 70 mins you could get a good finish.
                                                                                                            Both teams seem to be lacking a bit of positivity and are just wanting to grind it out, I'd have expected a bit more from the Boks.
                                                                                                            Wind seems to be a big factor, ball swirling all over the place from the box kicks.

Could come down to an (un)lucky bounce here.

Comment

Basics gone to shite from both teams. Like a different sport to yesterday.

Comment

Well this a shite game.
                                                                                                                This shit show definitely favors Wales. Horrible handling all round

Comment

Shite game but potential nailbiter now.

Comment

Very unfortunate for Wales but will likely make for a better final. England by far the better team and should be able to deal with the Boks size and strength.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                      I see APOB has 11 of the 12 entries in the G1 Racing Post Trophy on Saturday.
                                                                                                                      Fairly unhealthy situation.
                                                                                                                      Rained off yesterday and re-scheduled for Friday evening at Newcastle. Entries re-opened so APOB probably won't get a procession.
                                                                                                                      First G1 in the UK on the all-weather, probably also first to be ran on an evening card and first in November.

Comment

Interesting VAR decision in Germany, not sure how many would have known this was a rule that's a penalty offence.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          Interesting VAR decision in Germany, not sure how many would have known this was a rule that's a penalty offence.
                                                                                                                          Yeah, saw that yesterday and didn't know it was a pen either, so checked up the rules.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X