a bunch of hands were I 4b preflop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a bunch of hands were I 4b preflop

I'm not sure am I just running bad in 4b pots or am I doing something wrong but I am down a decent bit in this spot so far this month. I've just pasted a screenshot from HEM. For each hand I've 4b preflop, a lot of them were HU hands in aggro games. Everyone one of them I bet/called on the flop, alot of the time I would be potting. Should I be playing these hands differently on the flop?

Sorry if these are all standard but getting killed in these spots so far this month. Thanks

Posting the HHs would be better. Reading that makes my brain hurt.

Comment

I'll do that later then so. I didn't find out that bad to read but I guess I kinda knew how the action went.

Comment

Unless your playing really deep, your generally commited when you 4 bet. And your range seems pretty strong so once your not folding often its probbably fine

Comment

All looks fine and standard except for hand 3 and the last hand. You need v strong reads and proof that your opponent is 3-betting stupidly wide to cold 4-bet/get in AKJ4ss out of the SB, and even then its spew at $.5/1 99% of the time. Same for 8754ss but at least you can flop well with that and it looks like it was BvB so thats OK. Just look at your all-in EV in all the hands, you just lost a stack of flips and 60/40's in a row, it happens.
          They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
          Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

The AKJ4 hand was a tilty play, I obv ran well below EV in the above hands but I guess I was wondering should I be happy enough to just go and b/c on the KT8 flushdraw & 879 flushdraw flops or am I better to try and get to SD here on these flops. Coming from a nlhe background I am not as used to people flopping so good so often and having great equity even vs a top set hand.

I feel like its just a lot tougher to play well post flop in 3b and 4b pots in plo and I seem to be doing poorly in such spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
              13 of those hands are from the small blind.

I deffo dont have the DB anymore but based on a large sample of play from 2008 I am a major advocate of ultra tight play from the SB. Not saying it is correct but my SB and BB stats were sickly tight and I set myself the target of being a winning player from the SB. Rem reading some of the best players on 2+2 who did anal type analysis on this (probably LFTV or maybe even Aba) wrote something excellent about small blind play and I took it to heart big time.

At a quick glance

AKJ4 (in an average line up will prolly lose you money long term calling from SB so 4b is wrong)
              AAA3 (is close, id prolly 4 bet, but certainly wouldnt 3b)
              AQQJ (rancid imo)
              4578 (burning money)

This is just my perspective and the perspective of someone who played absurdly tight from the SB.
              I assumed the SB hands were HU. If not your playing way to loose from the small

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                13 of those hands are from the small blind.

I deffo dont have the DB anymore but based on a large sample of play from 2008 I am a major advocate of ultra tight play from the SB. Not saying it is correct but my SB and BB stats were sickly tight and I set myself the target of being a winning player from the SB. Rem reading some of the best players on 2+2 who did anal type analysis on this (probably LFTV or maybe even Aba) wrote something excellent about small blind play and I took it to heart big time.

At a quick glance

AKJ4 (in an average line up will prolly lose you money long term calling from SB so 4b is wrong)
                AAA3 (is close, id prolly 4 bet, but certainly wouldnt 3b)
                AQQJ (rancid imo)
                4578 (burning money)

This is just my perspective and the perspective of someone who played absurdly tight from the SB.
                Most of those hands were HU and the AQQJ hand was against a sick aggro player who basically just gets it in with anything at all so that might change ur opinion on some of them.

What kind of stats were you playing from the SB? I'm just after going through my position stats at 6max and reckon I have spotted a leak!!
                Last edited by digiman; 11-08-11, 20:55.

Comment

Working...
                X