• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

possibly the worst thing about this crash...

All the shit I have to hear in the office.

The god damn "i-told-ya-so" from John. "I have no idea how stocks or anything like that work but i know bullshit when i see it. I can't believe people were dumb enough to buy fake money."

Yea ok mate, if i need a status update on that box of donuts in the break room, you're my go-to guy. other than that? shut up and go back to being shit at your job.

Then you've got Becky, flapping her useless mouth in the background who "knew" bitcoin was a scam when her boyfriend's Sister's cousin told her that the "bitcoin inventor guy" posted on his website that he was selling all his bitcoin.

"Money can't just be numbers on screens, that's not how money works. it has to be something you can hold as well! With all this net neutrality stuff going on you'd be crazy to invest in money that they can just shut down with the flick of a switch!"

Becky, last week i heard you ask the IT guy if you needed two mice plugged in to your computer if you want to use two screens at once and now you have a working knowledge of both the monetary system, crypto currencies AND the internet?! that's very impressive.

I have no idea why this is annoying me so much, I just found the need to rant while waiting for a meeting to start.

Don't be a John or a Becky
        Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Opr
          The overnight experts with a staggering lack of self awareness are infinitely worse than the john and becky tbf!
          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            Are previous years data of much relevance now though?. Seems like every idiot in the street is getting involved now which adds a completely unique aspect to this unlike those last few years. So expecting those trends to continue this year would strike me as particularly naive.
            We had a long BBV discussion about people who pose questions in this way. I don't have a clue myself like but this is what I think ....

The overnight experts with a staggering lack of self awareness are infinitely worse than the john and becky tbf!
            Most of us are gambling and have said so from the start. I find the whole thing a load of fun.

It is no surprise though that you choose now to start posting in this thread.

Opr

Comment

I don't mind the ones who fully admit they are gambling. Which in fairness is pretty much all our lads.

The ones who pretend that they can analyse the market however....
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

There is a thread on boards someone started a few months back called "Can we pool our knowledge on taxes". Someone with a genius comment just now. Can we start a thread on pooling our knowledge of bankruptcy

Opr

Comment

I have to say it's invcredibly fun, I even have a crypto group now that is great fun to take part in. I also am looking in to creating a blockchain and messing around, it''s so simple but such a brilliant concept.

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                  Yeah,Way more of the people involved in previous years were presumably people who believed in bitcoin as a sort of utopian project,not just a vehicle for punting like most of the money piling in now (myself included for a brief period)
                  You would think the crash would be even worse so this year seeing as it was already happening with most people being believers. In all honesty it could be anything, tea leaves are as good as anything. Buy the dips.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  The main markets tend to rise more quickly in a recovery, as compared to the periphery markets, so I'd be more tempted by bitcoin itself if ye were going back in.
                  Yeah, I've always held BTC because if alts crash BTC doesn't care, if BTC crash then alts crash, it's even mostly the only trading pait.

With recovery however BTC may double in the short term, with some coins it's much more which is driving them more recently.

Comment

Bought this with some of my profit yesterday

Comment

Am ready to jump aboard this banter bus.
                      "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                      "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

I have some crypto (know zero about it like most people). All I read when trying to look for info is

- 'I think these coins are undervalued.'
                        - 'Why?'
                        - 'Shoulder shrug/silence/points to random white paper/more people will read this and want to jump on, raising the price.'

I can see why blockchain/technology behind companies would be used by other companies but why are the coins connected to these companies/tech worth anything? Why not just use the technology, adapt it to your business and leave these coins behind?
                        Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 17-01-18, 20:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          There is a particular science in trading called Charting.

I remember one dude I worked with getting highly excited about the emergence of 'the duck'.
                          Adrian's Pitchfork a personal favourite.

Comment

I linked it before on the BBV but some may have missed it, it's very informative and they explain the blockchain technology well. It's worth a listen.

Colossus® is the premier destination for investors, founders, and operators to learn the world’s best information on business building and investing. We're mapping the world's best business and investing information. Join us in the search at Colossus.

Comment

Bought back in. ALL ABOARD!
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                Bought back in. ALL ABOARD!
                                How is TRON of all the coins leading the recovery of people pilling back in

Opr

Comment

Don't delay

Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                    just bought some xrp, no weak hands lads.
                                    Up over 50%, go on my son.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                      Up over 50%, go on my son.
                                      Everything flying again. It looks like we might not be partying like 1999 again just yet.

Opr

Comment

Bitcoin up 13%, ETH up 13.5%, ICN up 31% - and I'm still down 30 quid. This is more like it.

Comment

Doug Polk has been saying, BitConnect is an out and out ponzi scheme for months now. Sure enough during this crash it fell 90%+. That isn't unexpected but it is now recovering despite all this? It is back to a $500m market cap.

Opr

Comment

portfolio up 35% in the last 12 hours.....

To the MOOOOOOOOOOONNN
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I wish I could self-ban myself from Blockfolio until 31st-Dec, can't keep up with this madness but at the same time is just too much fun refreshing that screen 20 times/day in the good and in the bad !
                                              "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

speed using lightning network for bitcoin

Comment

Opr

Comment

I wonder how much the crash is related to futures contract settling on the 19th and 26th?
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                      I wonder how much the crash is related to futures contract settling on the 19th and 26th?
                                                      It certainly is a contributing factor.
                                                      The next futures dates are around January 27/28th, it will be interesting to see if there is a similar dump & rebound.

Comment

Didn't seem to be enough money in the futures for that, probably just a few things compounded. My xrp is up 75% now. I was 1 cent off hitting a big limit buy before it came back up, damn

Comment

NEO dragged me back into profit quite quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                            Another for ye...

Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

In guessing this is where the IPB edge lies in the crypto game:

Comment

Comment

what is the consensus here on the impact of a stockmarket crash/onset of a (US) recession on Bitcoin price?

Comment

Polk seems to have gained a decent amount of traction in the crypto space. He has just promoted a specific altcoin for the first time on this channel that I have seen. Coin is LUXcoin. Interested to see what kind of a pump he gives the coin. The video is only up around half an hour and already has 5k views. Coin was about $30 at the time of him posting.

LUXcoin is a project that I believe has a great deal of potential. It is a privacy coin that features a hybrid of proof-of-stake and proof-of-work. It also i...

Opr

Comment

anyone offering odds on bit coin below 500 dollas within 12 months?

Comment

Blue Horse Shoe loves Anacot Steel

Comment

Polk seems to have gained a decent amount of traction in the crypto space. He has just promoted a specific altcoin for the first time on this channel that I have seen. Coin is LUXcoin. Interested to see what kind of a pump he gives the coin. The video is only up around half an hour and already has 5k views. Coin was about $30 at the time of him posting.

LUXcoin is a project that I believe has a great deal of potential. It is a privacy coin that features a hybrid of proof-of-stake and proof-of-work. It also i...

Opr

+20% as of now. Did any other channel promote the same coin the past 12 hours? Just trying to understand the potential impact of Polk's influence on this (and future) prices.
                                                                          "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Originally posted by ViperEyeIRL View Post
                                                                            https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/luxcoin/

+20% as of now. Did any other channel promote the same coin the past 12 hours? Just trying to understand the potential impact of Polk's influence on this (and future) prices.
                                                                            He definitely has a decent following in the space and any video on a low cap coin that he does is going to jump. He also appeals to a poker audience who probably have more money in crypto than the average joe.

His videos also get a decent amount of traction on reddit . That following though has always praised the fact that he doesn't shill coins so remains to see what the reaction will be like to this video. No doubt it has had an impact as relative the market the coin is up huge. Alts are generally down 7% since his video while LUX has gone in the other direction.

Opr

Comment

I'd be very concerned about someone like Polk getting paid to shill a random coin
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

https://referral.lino.network?code=En3WwPZn

New airdrop of 20 coins.
                                                                                Stick em in an ether wallet, I'm using eidoo
                                                                                Decentralised distribution of video and media content.
                                                                                Seems on the up and up.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  https://referral.lino.network?code=En3WwPZn

New airdrop of 20 coins.
                                                                                  Stick em in an ether wallet, I'm using eidoo
                                                                                  Decentralised distribution of video and media content.
                                                                                  Seems on the up and up.
                                                                                  So what do we have to do?

I've set up a wallet on eidoo and put the address of it into LNO. I need other people to sign up to get free coins or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                    So what do we have to do?

I've set up a wallet on eidoo and put the address of it into LNO. I need other people to sign up to get free coins or something?
                                                                                    you need to post your referral code on their telegram you'll get a message saying received and done.
                                                                                    You'll get the 20 then, then more from whomever uses your code.

Comment

And the coins end up on my eidoo wallet at some stage then?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                        And the coins end up on my eidoo wallet at some stage then?
                                                                                        thats the plan yeah
                                                                                        The telgram channel is getting swamped at the moment, so I'd say there is some backlog

Comment

Robinhood adds zero-fee cryptocurrency trading and tracking

Rolling out initially in California, Massachusetts, Montana, Missouri and New Hampshire with a planned full rollout initially offering BTC/ETH trading.

Opr
                                                                                          Last edited by Opr; 25-01-18, 22:33.

Comment

What does everyone make of these Tether/Bitfinex rumors? If Tether implodes I think given the links and the implications of what they have been doing, it would mean a catastrophic crash in the Crypto markets. The whole thing is beyond shady.

They confirmed today that they have servered links with audit firm Friedman.

Opr
                                                                                            Last edited by Opr; 28-01-18, 12:54.

Comment

Bloomberg - U.S. Regulators Subpoena Crypto Exchange Bitfinex, Tether

I think this is old enough news but now being reported in mainstream media which is bound to cause some panic.

Opr

Comment

Bloomberg - U.S. Regulators Subpoena Crypto Exchange Bitfinex, Tether

I think this is old enough news but now being reported in mainstream media which is bound to cause some panic.

Opr
                                                                                                Market is in free fall all day

Comment

What does everyone make of these Tether/Bitfinex rumors? If Tether implodes I think given the links and the implications of what they have been doing, it would mean a catastrophic crash in the Crypto markets. The whole thing is beyond shady.

They confirmed today that they have servered links with audit firm Friedman.

Opr

Love the quote on why they severed link with auditor
                                                                                                  We confirm that the relationship with Friedman is dissolved. Given the excruciatingly detailed procedures Friedman was undertaking for the relatively simple balance sheet of Tether, it became clear that an audit would be unattainable in a reasonable time frame. As Tether is the first company in the space to undergo this process and pursue this level of transparency, there is no precedent set to guide the process nor any benchmark against which to measure its success.

Have they not heard of kpmg?

Comment

To be honest you just have to embrace the the shadiest of it all. I am currently deeply involved in XRB. The whole situation around it is insane. So they setup this coin on a new technology called a block lattice. It was flat enough for a long period in the market but underwent an enormous growth in a very short time. It went from under a dollar to 30 bucks in the space of around a month.

They at that time only had one small exchange that served all the XRB trading, BitGrail. They have since introduced another small one and Binance is due to launch at any time. The current situation is incredible though. The owner of BitGrail the small exchange trading it allowed deposit/withdrawals for months with no issues. Now that he realises the exchange is going under he is pulling all shorts of shady moves.

He firstly forced people to start doing KYC. Crashed the market. He posted today that he won't allow people outside Europe to withdraw XRB full stop so the only way they have out is to terminate the account and convert to BTC to withdraw. This completely crashed the price. You even had a situation earlier where the same coin was trading on BitGrail for 11 as people dumped it trying to get money out as opposed to 17 on KuCoin. He is basically controlling the price of the coin and able to gobble them up for himself on the exchange by forcing people to sell them at a hugely reduced price. Thankfully while I did buy on BitGrail, I sent them to a wallet straight after each time.

Complete wild, wild west.

Opr
                                                                                                    Last edited by Opr; 30-01-18, 23:19.

Comment

should have just invested in doge

Comment

Fuck off India

This guy knows what's up

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

Everything is green in China

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                              are all the altcoins retreating as well in line with bitcoin, or they're still the same mixed bag they always were of some breaking out and some collapsing?
                                                                                                              Almost all falling with it. Some have held like XRB but only because it has hugely positive news driving that. Rebrand happened yesterday to Nano, huge Chinese exchnage due to start trading tomorrow and Binance about to go live any time. Most alts though tend to fall directly in line with BTC moving down. ETH although not sure it should now be classed as an alt anymore is charting its own trajectory. It has held firm throughout today's collapse and even gained a little. The flippening between it and BTC looks like it will hapen at some stage this year.

Opr

Comment

I’m actually genuinely unsure if this is a parody or not
                                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 01-02-18, 15:17.

Comment

Fuck off India

This guy knows what's up

Opr
                                                                                                                  LOL, the sad thing is people will actually follow this awful advice

Comment

Originally posted by alocon View Post
                                                                                                                    LOL, the sad thing is people will actually follow this awful advice
                                                                                                                    Fools, they need to do some proper technical chart analysis.

Time to invest!

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

GFYHG. Should have never doubted investosaurous. BTC touched $7.3k on GDax yesterday and looked like the only place it was going was down. Massive buy orders flooded in at that point and it is currently on the rampage back up. These markets certainly aren't for the faint of heart but if you can time entrys you can do unbelievably well. Same obviously goes for the flip side.

Opr

Comment

Bought xrp at .80 .70 .60 and .50, back up you go

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X