acting out of turn and dealer turning over mucked hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acting out of turn and dealer turning over mucked hand

i wast involved in ether hand but am intrested in what the correct rule shud be,
    hand 1 a player declares raise before some 1 acted then the person whose turn it was raises to 4.5k and the person who said raise(didnt say how much or put any chips in) out of turn was made to double the raise and wud of folded had there been a raise infront of him .
    hand 2 flop was out and 2 guys go all in 1st player shows a set of 7s think the flop was 7710 other player just mucks his hand but the dealer then gets his cards turns them over 66 and 6 hits river and is awarded the pot.
    are both these decisons correct ? i tend to agree with hand 1 ruling but hand 2 seems a bit off i dont think the dealer shud of done that

Hand 1,

The player who wanted to raise out of turn does not have to raise, He would only be made raise if the player before him had only called or folded.

When the action had changed i.e. the raise in front of him now he has full choice again, fold/ call/ re-raise with a warning for acting out of turn

Hand2,

Was this a tournament or cash game?

If it was a cash table & if the cards were clearly retreivable imo the hand is live but it should have been pushed back to the player face down and ask "do you want to surrender the hand?"

If its a tournament it is a shown down situation so imo both hands should be turned over.

But in both situations if the cards actually hit the muck and not 1000% identifiable then they are dead

But thats just my opinion
    Last edited by Donkathon; 28-04-11, 16:05.

Comment

Agree with both of those.

In a cash game you should be able to muck your hand in that spot if you want, in a tournament the showdown has to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by playuppompey pompeyplayup View Post
        i wast involved in ether hand but am intrested in what the correct rule shud be,
        hand 1 a player declares raise before some 1 acted then the person whose turn it was raises to 4.5k and the person who said raise(didnt say how much or put any chips in) out of turn was made to double the raise and wud of folded had there been a raise infront of him .
        hand 2 flop was out and 2 guys go all in 1st player shows a set of 7s think the flop was 7710 other player just mucks his hand but the dealer then gets his cards turns them over 66 and 6 hits river and is awarded the pot.
        are both these decisons correct ? i tend to agree with hand 1 ruling but hand 2 seems a bit off i dont think the dealer shud of done that
        Hand 1 the action has now changed before the accidental out of turn mistake he now has the option to fold/call/raise he shouldn't be made to raise.

Hand 2 if this is a tournament then the dealer done the right thing to turn over the hand that tried to muck.
        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Hand 1 he shouldn't have had to raise

Hand 2 he folded face down. If it was a tournament the cards should have been added to the muck and the pot awarded to the other guy. If someone requested to see the cards they should be touched off the muck so there is no doubt they are dead and then turned over. You can't fold face down and your cards still be live.

Wasn't there an incident like that where some German player was angle shooting and got De Wolfe to fold face down by saying he was beating De Wolfe's K high? And when De Wolfe threw the cards face down the German guy one with his busted draw

Comment

Video here of something like this situation involving JC Tran where the hand was turned up and the showdown was played out:

Poker Videos about strategy, lifestyle, news, and interviews, only on Card Player TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
              Hand 1 he shouldn't have had to raise

Hand 2 he folded face down. If it was a tournament the cards should have been added to the muck and the pot awarded to the other guy. If someone requested to see the cards they should be touched off the muck so there is no doubt they are dead and then turned over. You can't fold face down and your cards still be live.

Wasn't there an incident like that where some German player was angle shooting and got De Wolfe to fold face down by saying he was beating De Wolfe's K high? And when De Wolfe threw the cards face down the German guy one with his busted draw
              The hand with De Wolfe was on the river and all action had taken place if I'm reading the other hand correct all the loot is in on the flop and the other player tries muck so the dealer did the correct thing (if its a tournament)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                The hand with De Wolfe was on the river and all action had taken place if I'm reading the other hand correct all the loot is in on the flop and the other player tries muck so the dealer did the correct thing (if its a tournament)
                Sorry I missed that bit, was thinking of the river

Comment

sorry shud of said both hands were in a tournament. thanks i wasnt sure on either really

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                    Sorry I missed that bit, was thinking of the river
                    Disaster Condon

Comment

Working...
                    X