Tricky spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tricky spot

Playing the Fitz €75 on Friday night and got caught in this spot. A couple of days later and I'm still not sure of the right play.

Blinds 200/400 ante 25

Raise to 1k early position, caller in MP, I call in BB with 8d9s

Flop is j 10 4 sss. I check, Initial raiser bets 2k, other player calls and I call.

Turn is Qd. I check, initial raiser checks, other plays puts it all in for 9.5k into a pot of 9.4k.

I didn't know what to do here. I had 40k and other player behind me yet to act had about 45k. Had been active early on and was calling down many hands. Player all in was seeing a few flops but wasn't calling anything after that.

Is this a call or a fold? Or do I ship it in? I was worried about the player behind me having AK or a flush. Any help here on what the right play is would be appreciated

Fold pre to avoid these situations out of position. As played, it's a fold now.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungGun View Post
      Playing the Fitz €75 on Friday night and got caught in this spot. A couple of days later and I'm still not sure of the right play.

Blinds 200/400 ante 25

Raise to 1k early position, caller in MP, I call in BB with 8d9s

Flop is j 10 4 sss. I check, Initial raiser bets 2k, other player calls and I call.

Turn is Qd. I check, initial raiser checks, other plays puts it all in for 9.5k into a pot of 9.4k.

I didn't know what to do here. I had 40k and other player behind me yet to act had about 45k. Had been active early on and was calling down many hands. Player all in was seeing a few flops but wasn't calling anything after that.

Is this a call or a fold? Or do I ship it in? I was worried about the player behind me having AK or a flush. Any help here on what the right play is would be appreciated
      Call for me....
      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
        Don't think it is.
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Ok, you may have the 3rd best hand but that could be enough. The play on the flop was a bit weak so can't read too much into that I think.
          Last edited by pokerhand; 08-05-16, 15:45.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
            Don't think it is.
            Player all in was seeing flops and giving up easily. Now all of a sudden he calls a c-bet and sticks it in on the turn. He's flopped a shitty flush imo. For that reason it's a fold. Could also have K9. Don't think AK as he would possibly 're raise pre.

Comment

Their ranges are so wide here you can't fold
              Last edited by Hectorjelly; 08-05-16, 21:48. Reason: there/their

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                Solid advice, wait for nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by IPBYOUSAY View Post
                  Solid advice, wait for nuts.
                  Ah. You crawled out from under your bridge. Well done. An insightful reply as always.

Comment

Like HJ said, it's not a fold. Call and give up if other villain reshoves. Jamming turn makes no sense, you never get called by a worse hand

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                      Like HJ said, it's not a fold. Call and give up if other villain reshoves. Jamming turn makes no sense, you never get called by a worse hand
                      this,
                      folding in this spot would be terrible imo and im never folding pre in the bb either
                      https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                        Their ranges are so wide here you can't fold
                        Yeah it's a call but I wouldn't feel good about it. I certainly wouldn't get all results-oriented when he turns over a better hand. He can have all kinds of bollox here.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

All day call.
                          You see 2pair with a flush draw here a lot.
                          Maybe AsQx
                          Maybe a woefully played set
                          I think you see k9/AK a lot less than you think.
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

But if he just calls rather than ships it will the player behind not think it's worth calling too ?

I think call or all in.
                            This is a Shashka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3uhImuy6E Ty Menya Ne Ishi. Ti menya ne stoish. 'Do not look for me you are not worthy of me.'

Comment

think the call pre was fine, but think its better to just fold the flop to avoid this sort of spot, hand is weaker than it looks,with too many cards getting you in trouble.
                              As the hand was played i call but its a tricky spot with original raiser to act. i can't see any hands that beat us C-betting into 2 players, getting 2 calls and checking back this turn so i actually prefer the shove to protect your hand. if you call raiser may call with his draws and any A,K,9 or spade leaves u in a lot of trouble with a pot size stack left
                              The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
                              MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Call pre is fine, I'd flat here to maximise value and if we get shoved on, it's pretty ugly and might just have to fold, always player dependant though.

Comment

Basically everything everyone has said has popped into my head since Friday. In the end i reluctantly folded, not because of the guy who shoved but more out of fear of calling and the bigger stack coming over the top with a shove all in. Fella behind me folded and said he had everything beat but spades which would suggest AK but couldn't see him laying that down there. If i didn't have the player behind me to act it would have been a snap call

Comment

call/fold vs a reshove. Will happen v rarely. Even tougher to be beat holding 9
                                    "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Yeah justify's the tricky in the headline tbf ;-) but I think your preflop play is OK based on the action (stack sizes would help a bit in the intro to see how deep we are). With respect to how the hand plays out post flop I'm flatting and puke folding to a reshove.

Comment

As said above, flat & prob fold to a reshove. I think flating on the flop was poor though.

Comment

Don't like flatting flop either.
                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Call as played, can't really fold 3rd nuts against someone who could've butchered a set or something else.

edit: stack sizes pre?

Comment

Working...
                                            X