Big draw deep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big draw deep

Villain 3bets very rarely. He probably 3bets a little more oop than IP from what I've seen. He's quite aggro postflop, and is certainly not terrible. Probably a winner at this level.

BTN is opening about 65% of hands here, and calling them all to the 3b.

Villain probably sees me as pretty aggro. I would imagine he has me somewhere around 35/25 with a decent postflop aggression. I haven't played a decent hand against him before.

Just checking that its still pretty standard to pump/get the money in here 400bb deep?

$0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Hi
    3 Players
    Hand Conversion Powered by http://weaktight.com/

Stacks:
    BTN $311.46
    Hero (SB) $505.79
    BB $446.66

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 3 players) Hero is SB 8s 4c 5d 7s
    BTN raises to $3.50, Hero calls $3, BB raises to $14, BTN calls $10.50, Hero calls $10.50

Flop: 3s 6d Ks ($42, 3 players)
    Hero checks, BB bets $31.50, BTN folds, Hero raises to $136.50
    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

I wouldnt be going too crazy with this hand. Its only when we consider what he villain actually has that we realise how weak our hand may actually be. Getting 400bb in on this flop against a competent opponent is bad imo.

If the BB has AAxx ss (which should be the weakest holding he has) We are 40/60 behind. The same can be said for AKxxss

If we had a pair on the flop already it would increase our hand to 45/55 against the above hands.

Then there is our hand versus KKK. We are 53% against his 47%. Its never too bad to stack off with KKK here, but you may find alot of competent players may wait for blank turns to get it in especially when this deep. (edit to say - more reason to wait for blank turn when in pos, as you may lead out strong, giving him FE on the turn also in a pot were you may have priced yourself in when behind)
    If the KKK has a higher fd than ours, we are now 35/65.

The other possible hands that we play against are A457ss were we are now 40/60.

So in summary, against a capable player, i think its bad to get it in 400bb deep with this holding, as you shouldnt bet getting called by a hand you are ever in good shape against.
    GAA News Website

Comment

I dont like getting it all in here so deep either, very possible your flush outs are no good so we are looking at 10 clean outs at best. I peel the turn to see if we can hit our bingo card.

Comment

Thanks. Makes sense.

I just saw my hand and started jizzing, but afterwards was thinking that we're not actually that good when we felt.

The problem I'd have is our line on spade and other non-straightening turns? What is best? Also, what do you guys think he barrells on those turns? Sorry if its a long question, just trying to get a better handle on the game.
        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

As worried as you are about the turn card, he also will be equally worried about what your holding and have you hit. You may find yourself folding to a blank turn to a large bet. Yet if he bets less than 2/3 the pot on turn (blank turn) i would imagine he actually has a monster that has you dominated. Either a massive drawing hand or a made hand with re-draw that he doesnt terribly mind pricing you in on.

If a flush hits and he has a set, he may check behind. Also with a high non nut flush he may also check behind hoping to pot control. Its very hard to know how he acts on turns that change the nuts unless youve more table time with him. You mention he is an aggro player, so he may put you in a horrible situation and make you fold the better hand on the river if he 3 barrells. But presuming we just flat flop, id do my best to keep the pot small and re-adjust depending on bet sizing

Edit to say - betsizing tells are very player dependant and a default situation here is very hard to describe
          Last edited by Semibluff; 04-02-10, 23:21.
          GAA News Website

Comment

I would just call here with these stacks, as said above, you arent ever getting it in good, although he may peel with a similar hand without a fd, but those hands are very discounted with his low 3 bet

How we proceed on blanks? Mostly check folding..you could bluff on K's sometimes

Comment

Working...
            X