No announcement yet.

Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backing Chelsea today. Theyre nearly 1.9. This is the same price as they were versus man united in S bridge, With united being alot stronger than arsenal

Also backing the unders 2.5 goals. Think it shoud be about 1.85 - 1.9. we're getn over evens on it
    GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
      Backing Chelsea today. Theyre nearly 1.9. This is the same price as they were versus man united in S bridge, With united being alot stronger than arsenal

Also backing the unders 2.5 goals. Think it shoud be about 1.85 - 1.9. we're getn over evens on it
      I like the bet on Chelsea obviously but i think there will be lots of goals in this game. Definately more than 2.5.

Comment

I would lean towards the overs myself today in the Chelsea game.

Comment

Birmingham at 1.92 have to be the bet of the week along with the 3.8 on a red card in the Merseyside deby. Not touching the Chelsea game.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
            I would lean towards the overs myself today in the Chelsea game.

This is a very hard one to call. Both teams certainly know where the goal is, but you have to imagine that Wenger, for all his bluster, will tell his team to go out and play for a draw; my reasoning being that Chelsea have more players able to take advantage of a counter-attack opportunity than Arsenal do.

Arsenal have, more or less, zero depth in defence, whilst Chelsea can launch attacks from anywhere. Were this a full squad game I might lean towards an Arsenal victory, but with the injuries they've incurred in recent times I can't see past a Chelsea win. The question then is whether they'll be happy with holding onto a 1-0 lead or not...
            Hey buddy, did ya get that thing I sent ya?

Comment

I'll lay anyone the overs in the chelsea game. over 2.5 at 10/11 if anyone wants it just quote and say the amount.
              GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by lee_arama View Post
                This is a very hard one to call. Both teams certainly know where the goal is, but you have to imagine that Wenger, for all his bluster, will tell his team to go out and play for a draw; my reasoning being that Chelsea have more players able to take advantage of a counter-attack opportunity than Arsenal do.

Arsenal have, more or less, zero depth in defence, whilst Chelsea can launch attacks from anywhere. Were this a full squad game I might lean towards an Arsenal victory, but with the injuries they've incurred in recent times I can't see past a Chelsea win. The question then is whether they'll be happy with holding onto a 1-0 lead or not...
                You see i dont think Arsenal have this mindset in their team, I really believe Arsenal will score as they are an attacking side even if they are getting beaten.....this is the only way they know to play, the pretty passing football is easy on the eye but their back 4 plus keeper leave a lot to be desired. Just look at the game against United for the example the gaps they leave at the back will be exploited by good teams.

Chelsea have been poor by their own standards in the past two games but this is one of those games that everyone will be up for especially with United going top yesterday and as you say Chelsea are capable of scoring from anywhere. I can see the overs obliging in this one, should be an open game.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                  Birmingham at 1.92 have to be the bet of the week.
                  Never in doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                    2 doubles for the weekend for me

£100 on Liverpool and Chelsea which pays around 3/1
                    Ship

Comment

had to try and grind back after the fun bets losing at the weekend.
                      I had a roma/brest/man city treble i was sure would come in for €440 but man city turned out to be an epic fail!
                      had so many failed bets this weekend, leeds/nottingham forrest/norwich

Had chelsea to win and drogs to score first which made the dent not too horrible. Need a nice win next weekend for breakevenness now plz

this week sucks!
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Next England Captain - anyone know when this is going to be announced - Media all say that Rio has gotten it but one can still back him on betfair at 1/4 - which is free money.

Comment

The markets are for who goes to Safferland as team captain. Rio is team captain by default now since he's vice captain.

Capello appointed a captain, vice, and 3rd in command when he became manager - he's already stated that that will not change.

I would be inclined to LAY Rio at the prices quoted on Betfair since his injury record means he may well not even make the plane.

Comment

The markets are for who goes to Safferland as team captain. Rio is team captain by default now since he's vice captain.

Capello appointed a captain, vice, and 3rd in command when he became manager - he's already stated that that will not change.

I would be inclined to LAY Rio at the prices quoted on Betfair since his injury record means he may well not even make the plane.
                            How do u know thats what the market is for - it doesn't state that anywhere

Comment

It gives the date the market closes - which happens to be the beginning of the WC. QED

Quoth Betfair:

Which player will be captain for England against USA on June 12th 2010?

This market will be settled on whoever is captain at the start of the match.The market will be suspended at kick off. Should this match be postponed by more than 3 days, all bets will be void. Other players on request. .

Comment

I'll lay odds of 3/5 on Colchester tonight in League One... (4/7 widely available so you're gaining a few points)

Wagering my €30 to some hardy buck's €50.

Transfers via Boyle are preferrable, but we can arrange other methods if need be.

This bet stands until 19:30pm or until taken.

Comment

20 minutes left on that offer.... You're getting better odds than Betfair too..

Comment

tonight

Kayode Odejayi Colchester
                                    11/2 first goalscorer 2pts

Comment

I'll lay odds of 3/5 on Colchester tonight in League One... (4/7 widely available so you're gaining a few points)

Wagering my €30 to some hardy buck's €50.

Transfers via Boyle are preferrable, but we can arrange other methods if need be.

This bet stands until 19:30pm or until taken.

Booked with my nemesis Semibluff.

Comment

Booked with my nemesis Semibluff.
                                        GAA News Website

Comment

It gives the date the market closes - which happens to be the beginning of the WC. QED

Quoth Betfair:

Which player will be captain for England against USA on June 12th 2010?

This market will be settled on whoever is captain at the start of the match.The market will be suspended at kick off. Should this match be postponed by more than 3 days, all bets will be void. Other players on request. .
                                          Worth laying considering theres every chance Rio will be injured.

Comment

Already considered Bohsman. Shall be wading in deepish, should the bankroll allow, in the coming weeks. Rooney would be the likely replacement too IMO. Gerrard too much of a thug for Capello.

Comment

Already considered Bohsman. Shall be wading in deepish, should the bankroll allow, in the coming weeks. Rooney would be the likely replacement too IMO. Gerrard too much of a thug for Capello.
                                              Gerrard is third choice, Capello said he won't be changing it, if Rio doesn't go it WILL be Gerrard

Comment

Well, I know the pecking order right? But I wonder would Capello see a rethink due should Rio fail to make the trip?

He's stripped Terry of his position because he's scum, essentially, and I doubt even the Liverpool fans here could stand up for how their midfield general knuckledragger conducts his affairs off the pitch...

Actually, in that context David James is a shoe-in!

Comment

Anyone have any thoughts on tonight?

I cant get any prices in work here, any kind soul want to put something up here?

I would be interested in Fulham and Portsmouth mainly

Comment

Takin from Paddy Power

man city 4/9
                                                    draw 3/1
                                                    bolton 7/1

pmouth 7/5
                                                    draw 23/10
                                                    sland 19/10

wigan 11/10
                                                    draw 23/10
                                                    stoke 5/2

fulham 4/6
                                                    draw 5/2
                                                    burnley 9/2

I bolded the results eoghan

Comment

Takin from Paddy Power

man city 4/9
                                                      draw 3/1
                                                      bolton 7/1

pmouth 7/5
                                                      draw 23/10
                                                      sland 19/10

wigan 11/10
                                                      draw 23/10
                                                      stoke 5/2

fulham 4/6
                                                      draw 5/2
                                                      burnley 9/2

Haha Cheers I better get on so!

I agree with you aswell I just hoped that portsmouth might have been overpriced, I think they have a good shout tonight but 7/5 is a bit skinny.

Comment

I honestly think sunderland wiill beat portsmouth

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                          I honestly think sunderland wiill beat portsmouth
                                                          I'll give you odds later maybe... Off out to a feile/feis thing there.

Comment

I'll give you odds later maybe... Off out to a feile/feis thing there.
                                                            Thanks but im afraid I am out all day today after one.

So thinking I might make my bet the old fashioned way. (bookies)

Comment

Man City, Cardiff, West Brom & Shrewsbury acca pays 4.3/1. Good bet imo. I'm on anyhow!

Comment

Three bets tonight and a little treble

Man City over 2.5 goals - 2pts @ 1.8
                                                                Nots Forrest - 2 pts @ 2.2
                                                                Leicester - 2 pts @ 1.85

All above - .5pt @ 7.31

New bank @ 87 pts

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post

Leicester - 2 pts @ 1.85

All above - .5pt @ 7.31

New bank @ 87 pts
                                                                  what are pts?

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                    what are pts?
                                                                    i think that they represent ones' bank, so if your bank is €100 then 1 point = €1 etc and if you bank is €400 1 point = €4 etc.

Comment

ill be backing ipswich @15/8, i know they draw lots of matches but QPR are going through really bad spell losing 4of there last 5 and drew the other, conceding 12 goals, ipswich also beat them during that spell about 5weeks ago 3nil.

also smaller bets on forest, sunderland, swansea
                                                                      Last edited by TheHaHaWall; 09-02-10, 15:07.

Comment

Takin from Paddy Power

man city 4/9
                                                                        draw 3/1
                                                                        bolton 7/1

pmouth 7/5
                                                                        draw 23/10
                                                                        sland 19/10

fulham 4/6
                                                                        draw 5/2
                                                                        burnley 9/2

This is what I ended up doing. Chose not to touch the wigan stoke game

And so far so good : )

96 minute and Portsmouth scored. FCUKING WAKNERS
                                                                        Last edited by MegaSin; 09-02-10, 21:49.

Comment

Takin from Paddy Power

man city 4/9
                                                                          draw 3/1
                                                                          bolton 7/1

pmouth 7/5
                                                                          draw 23/10
                                                                          sland 19/10

wigan 11/10
                                                                          draw 23/10
                                                                          stoke 5/2

fulham 4/6
                                                                          draw 5/2
                                                                          burnley 9/2

Nice one Eddie.
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                            Nice one Eddie.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                              what are pts?
                                                                              A point is like a unit of betting currency
                                                                              generally your standard small bet

i tell you to put a tenner on a horse,
                                                                              you dont know if a tenner is a big bet or a tiny bet to me
                                                                              I dont know if a tenner is nothing to you or your food budget so instead i tell you put 1 point on

eg
                                                                              tip 1 point at 12/1

point to you is a fiver so you put 5 on at 12/1
                                                                              point to you is a tenner so you put 10 on at 12/1
                                                                              point to you is twenty so you put 20 on at 12/1

tip is 2 points at 12/1

point to you is a fiver so you put 10 on at 12/1
                                                                              point to you is a tenner so you put 20 on at 12/1
                                                                              point to you is twenty so you put 40 on at 12/1

?

Comment

Takin from Paddy Power

man city 4/9
                                                                                draw 3/1
                                                                                bolton 7/1

pmouth 7/5
                                                                                draw 23/10
                                                                                sland 19/10

wigan 11/10
                                                                                draw 23/10
                                                                                stoke 5/2

fulham 4/6
                                                                                draw 5/2
                                                                                burnley 9/2

Well done, that's good shooting!
                                                                                Hope you had an accum.
                                                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Leicester - 2 pts @ 1.85

All above - .5pt @ 7.31

New bank @ 87 pts
                                                                                  This is not going so well

Comment

I had a right unlucky one on the footie last weekend, had a €100 7 timer accum done with Carlisle fcuking it up with a late late goal to deny huddersfield at home, with all other 6 homes winning comfortably, all prices between 4/7 and 10/11. docket would have got me 5k. grrrrrrrrr.

Had a little one up when I took the enhanced 11/8 on Barcelona and real Madrid to be both leading at half time (both did and had 80 to win 110).

Went in today and reinvested the docket.(all ladbrokes prices)

€100 accum (5 homes)

Fulham--8/11-------(3-0)
                                                                                    man City--4/9-------(2-0)
                                                                                    Cardiff--1/2----------(2-0)
                                                                                    West brom--2/5-----(2-0)
                                                                                    Bury--8/15-----------(2-1)

return---803.37

€50 accum: (4 homes)

middlesboro---5/6-------(2-1)
                                                                                    Watford---11/10---------(2-0)
                                                                                    Northampton---11/10---(4-0)
                                                                                    Rotherham---10/11-----(2-0)

return---771.75

€50 treble--3 aways

Swansea won 2-0
                                                                                    Sunderland drew 1-1
                                                                                    Newcastle lost 3-0

return ---0

I guess when your running well, your running well!!!

I'm not the best with computer technology, but I'll get my daughter to try and post a screenshot when she comes in, I wouldnt have a clue how to do it!

Connie

Comment

This is not going so well YET

FYP.

Connie

Comment

betting slip 001.jpg

betting slip 002.jpg

As promised. (Thnx Ciara)

Connie

Comment

Spurs a nice 10/11 away to Wolves tonight.

Comment

Takin from Paddy Power

man city 4/9
                                                                                            draw 3/1
                                                                                            bolton 7/1

pmouth 7/5
                                                                                            draw 23/10
                                                                                            sland 19/10

wigan 11/10
                                                                                            draw 23/10
                                                                                            stoke 5/2

fulham 4/6
                                                                                            draw 5/2
                                                                                            burnley 9/2

Good picking Eddie! I went with the Portsmouth win so that was the only one that let me down. Nice double on City and Fulham though.

Any kind soul fancy popping up tonights prices for me?

Comment

Birmingham 21/10 away to West Ham tonight is the value. Don't go crazy though, it's hardly a dead cert. I'll also do a double of United and Chelsea draw no bet, even if this is a shitty market, and Arshavin to score against Liverpool for the jinx factor. Leave the rest of it alone.
                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                Birmingham 21/10 away to West Ham tonight is the value. Don't go crazy though, it's hardly a dead cert. I'll also do a double of United and Chelsea draw no bet, even if this is a shitty market, and Arshavin to score against Liverpool for the jinx factor. Leave the rest of it alone.
                                                                                                Was waiting on birmingham Sunday for a nice treble they look pretty tired then and only for philips they could have been done. They've been playing the same 11 the last 12 games and that's bound to have an effect u need a squad in the priemiership top half. I think I might keep awAy from them 2night, but interested 2 see how it pans out good luck with the bet.
                                                                                                location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                  Any kind soul fancy popping up tonights prices for me?
                                                                                                  Again from PP

Arsenal evs
                                                                                                  Draw 23/10
                                                                                                  Liverpool 14/5

West Ham 13/10
                                                                                                  Draw 9/4
                                                                                                  Birmingham 21/10

Villa 3/1
                                                                                                  Draw 12/5
                                                                                                  United 10/11

Wolves 10/3
                                                                                                  Draw 5/2
                                                                                                  Spurs 5/6

Blackburn 5/6
                                                                                                  Draw 12/5
                                                                                                  Hull 7/2

Everton 4/1
                                                                                                  Draw 5/2
                                                                                                  Chelsea 8/11

Comment

I have done a double on spurs and birmingham with a fun lucky 15 of first goalscorers!

Defoe
                                                                                                    Arshavin
                                                                                                    Rooney
                                                                                                    Drogba

Comment

Anyone wanna lay me 2/1 for a Liverpool win, draw no bet. Currently 7/4 on PP.

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                                                                        Anyone wanna lay me 2/1 for a Liverpool win, draw no bet. Currently 7/4 on PP.
                                                                                                        I'll give you 15/8? I really fancy arsenal for this! What sorta stakes are we looking at?
                                                                                                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Also, I wanna lay Birmingham tonight. I'll go up to 23/10. They're 21/10 on paddy's according to Kev and AndyFB.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                                            I'll give you 15/8? I really fancy arsenal for this! What sorta stakes are we looking at?
                                                                                                            Nothing more than 50 i'd say, i'll see how today goes though.

Comment

Cool. Pm me if you decide you want it cos I wanna get something on Arsenal today.

Comment

Brag: Found €120 sticking out of an ATM this morning.
                                                                                                                Beat: I do have a conscience and located the rightful owner.
                                                                                                                Brag: I got to keep €20.

Variance: My doom switch is surely turned off after that.

After a quick trip to Thortons to procure some chocolate pour moi, I placed a wee €15 treble on:

West Ham 2.20
                                                                                                                Spurs 1.83
                                                                                                                Inter 1.80

If footie trebles still return a 10% bonus I could be a happy camper come FT tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                                                  Just saw I can get 3.1 on betfair, thanks anyway.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by max_power; 10-02-10, 18:11.

Comment

Spurs 10 pts - 1.85
                                                                                                                    Chelsea 5 pts - 1.73

Double 1 pt - 3.2

New bank - 71 pts

Comment

Hibs, Dundee Utd, Rangers & East Stirling pays 9/2 tonight - looks good.

Comment

£50 quad for me tonight. Just done it in the bookies so no need to lay me.

B'burn 5/6
                                                                                                                        Chelsea 8/11
                                                                                                                        B'ham 11/5
                                                                                                                        Spurs 5/6

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                                                                                          Just saw I can get 3.1 on betfair, thanks anyway.
                                                                                                                          Hmmmm. Thats a bit more than I wanted to go but I'll lay it anyway if you're not on already. Wanna get some on arsenal.

Still want to lay Birmingham. I had offered 23/10 but I'll go out to 12/5 for anywhere up to €225.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by TommyGunne; 10-02-10, 18:24.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X