NFL Bettin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
    Got some money on my Paddy Power a/c and as a complete noob to gambling could someone explain handicap betting to me? I dont understand the -6.5 and +6.5 next to the team names. See it in soccer too.

Stupid question but needed to ask.
    Its basically the handicap in points that the bookies have come up with to offer an even game. So Ireland play USA in the RWC the handicap was Ireland -36. Which means Ireland need to win by 37 points or more in order for them to win on the handicap. Likewise USA need to lose by no more than 35 points if they are to beat the handicap and make them a winning bet. Its essentially the head start you give to the favourites.

Comment

Got some money on my Paddy Power a/c and as a complete noob to gambling could someone explain handicap betting to me? I dont understand the -6.5 and +6.5 next to the team names. See it in soccer too.

If a team is -6.5 then you take 6.5 away from their final score so essentially they must win by 7 or more points to win on the handicap.

Comment

if you back a team and they are -6.5 they need to win by 7 more more. similarly if you back a team and they are +6.5 they just have to lose by less than 7.

its more prevelent in sports that has a lot of scoring so would be more common in rugby than soccer for example

Comment

Thanks lads.

A lot of the bets on here make a lot more sense now.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
            At the minute I like the look of the chargers getting a start.
            I think Indy have a chance this week too but don't know if I'll back them.
            I think Atlanta will Slam the Jags tonight.
            Hasselbeck for the titans is looking like he wont play and Jake Locker has been very limited in practice. I really do think indy will have a chance even without the +6.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
              NO and Pats both @ -6/5 for me
              Have a feeling that the Saints could falter here. Wont back against them though and they are playing in a dome. Its a no bet for me.

Denver are so confident now and finding a way, think its a difficult prospect for any team right now. A no bet for me again I think.

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
              At the minute I like the look of the chargers getting a start.
              I think Indy have a chance this week too but don't know if I'll back them.
              I think Atlanta will Slam the Jags tonight.
              Like the Chargers too but I think it will be v close.
              Hearing alot about the Colts this week, think they have a good chance.

Agree have Atlanta and Dallas as my big bets this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                Have a feeling that the Saints could falter here. Wont back against them though and they are playing in a dome. Its a no bet for me.

Denver are so confident now and finding a way, think its a difficult prospect for any team right now. A no bet for me again I think.
                Any reason why you dont like the saints? hard to not like them considering they are up against a 2-11 vikings with Pieterson only returning after a 3 game layoff and they are on a 7 game losing streak with nothing to play for. Plus their secondary is in bits coming up against the best passing offense in the league.

As others have said all the public money will be on God's son this week. I just cant see him going blow for blow with Brady especially with gronkoski and welker in their current form. Pats need to win to be sure of a playoff spot so they wont be holding back either

Comment

Colts +6.5 is a solid bet. Hasselbeck wont start and I am not happy with the Titans so far at all, at all.

Gonna go with a treble for the weekend to get me started off.

Bubblekings picks seem pretty solid. And as you mentioned Tony, Vikings are 2-11. Should count on Brees to bring that one home easily.

Cheers for the tips lads.

Comment

Any reason why you dont like the saints? hard to not like them considering they are up against a 2-11 vikings with Pieterson only returning after a 3 game layoff and they are on a 7 game losing streak with nothing to play for. Plus their secondary is in bits coming up against the best passing offense in the league.

As others have said all the public money will be on God's son this week. I just cant see him going blow for blow with Brady especially with gronkoski and welker in their current form. Pats need to win to be sure of a playoff spot so they wont be holding back either
                    I think the Saints give up alot of rushing yards and think Pieterson could have a good game. Dont think they will roll over and have their bellies tickled just because they are 2-11. I expect a big game from them. Dont think it will be enough to beat the Saints but think it will be a sweat.

I really dont rate Tebow as a QB but think it will be close enough.

I think the Cowboys/Atlanta will hammer their opposition esp Dallas

Comment

Trying to get good at analysing props for NFL games so spent a good while on this JAC v ATL game tonight. Think i've found some value in these bets:

Team to score longest field goal: JAC @ 1.87 (b365)
                      Team to score shortest field goal: ATL @ 1.83 (b365)
                      Total FGs scored: under 3.5 @ 1.61 (b365)
                      Total Sacks: Over 4 @ 2.04 (Pinnacle)

GL

Comment

NO and Pats both @ -6/5 for me
                        You need to do some reading regarding Tom Brady vs Denver.
                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Such a stupid delay of game penalty there before that FG better not cost me lol..

Comment

Looking good on the Atlanta bet. Jags are the nut worst team now surely.

Comment

And somehow they managed to hammer the Bucks @ W/E. Looking good for ur Cowboys

Comment

I'v done a fun accumalator Dalas -6.5, New Orleans, -6.5, Bengals -6.5 and Colts +6.5.

Colts and Bengals I am worried about but sure.. Will keep me entertained.

Comment

I'v done a fun accumalator Dalas -6.5, New Orleans, -6.5, Bengals -6.5 and Colts +6.5.

Colts and Bengals I am worried about but sure.. Will keep me entertained.
                                  Best of luck.

Feeling the sweat on Dallas, got a bit giddy with my bet.

Comment

Did a bit of looking into stats for the last few hours and came to the conclusion it would be stupid not to be taking The Pats tomorrow night at -6.5 at all. I think they should win by 14 or more tbh.

On a bit of a heater the past 24 hours Sports betting so hoping it all pays off again in the NFL.

GL to you too Rory. Nice win with The Falcons the other night.

Comment

Did a bit of looking into stats for the last few hours and came to the conclusion it would be stupid not to be taking The Pats tomorrow night at -6.5 at all. I think they should win by 14 or more tbh.

On a bit of a heater the past 24 hours Sports betting so hoping it all pays off again in the NFL.

GL to you too Rory. Nice win with The Falcons the other night.
                                      Dont under estimate Tebow he is on a hot streak, tough match to be betting on imo
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Patriots traditionally struggle against the bronco's, maybe its the altitude I dont know. There seems a lot of cut and dry games this week but I would steer clear of this one for the odds on offer. Much better games out there

Comment

Patriots announce 5 players downgraded to out: Patrick Chung, Shane Vereen, Brandon Spikes, Sebastian Vollmer & Deion Branch

officially tweeted. will makes things more difficult for them. I do expect them to win I am just not confident about it

Comment

Small bet on Tampa +7.5 on betfair @ 1.9
                                            Cowboys 2-4 on the road. They seem to like making hard work of games.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                              Patriots announce 5 players downgraded to out: Patrick Chung, Shane Vereen, Brandon Spikes, Sebastian Vollmer & Deion Branch

officially tweeted. will makes things more difficult for them. I do expect them to win I am just not confident about it
                                              yeah I got off this bet - God obviously injuring Pats players

on another note

Its Tampa time

Comment

The line in the Pats Bronco game on PP is 7.5, that seems a lot I think. Given the Broncos D and now players out for Pats I'd expect it to be less than a TD in it. May have a bet closer to the game. Nothing great jumping out apart from that Cowboys bet earlier. Prob have a few quid on Eagles -3

Comment

Dalas -6.5, New Orleans, -6.5, Bengals -6.5 and Colts +6.5.

Waiting on 3 tonight

Dallas did the job last night

Comment

Dalas -6.5, New Orleans, -6.5, Bengals -6.5 and Colts +6.5.

Waiting on 3 tonight

Dallas did the job last night
                                                    Colts??

Just saw this ad on nfl site

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                      Colts??

Just saw this ad on nfl site

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Rv7czl9cU
                                                      Yeah Colts well able to put up a fight against The Titans.

The Titans will run the ball a lot which will chew up clock and keep it low-scoring, which is ideal when you have 6.5 points in hand. Wouldn't expect the Titans to score more than 23 points so 17 will be enough for the Colts which should be achievable. They may even win outright.

Comment

Giants, Packers, Saints, Seahawks, Bengals and Titans in the handicap markets all look good to me.

I mentioned earlier in the week to Bubbleking that he needed to do some reading up on Tom Brady when he said he was backing the Patriots. Brady is one of my all time heroes(if profile pic didn't give that away) and I know pretty much everything about his football career. He has a losing record to only one team in the NFL and thats the Broncos, its not just a losing record but a dismal one at 1-6. Up in Mile High the ball just seems to sail on him a lot, he won there in his only win against them but for the most part he has stunk in games up in Denver. No way I'd touch them in that game.
                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Saints -7, Eagles -3, Giants -5.5 and Packers -11 accum for a bit of interest

Comment

What the fuck was the point of that on the first drive?

Grossman always puzzles me.

Comment

Bottom of page all NFL games 2nite

Comment

Texans look an immense rushing team. should do well in the playoffs

Comment

Cmon to fuck Saints defence!

Comment

lol at Giants. They really dont want to go to the playoffs

Comment

Drew motha fucking Brees!!

Comment

Is there any good sites like livescore to get NFL scores?

Comment

All going well so far except for The Bengals.

Cmon ta fuck!

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                            Is there any good sites like livescore to get NFL scores?
                                                                            The official NFL site updates live (probably a ten second time difference) but its live reports.

Comment

#98
                                                                              Sweating The Bengals big time now.

New Orleans pretty safe and I am really safe with the Colts at +6.5 and they are 17-6 up.

Bengals really need to get me a TD. ;P

Comment

#99
                                                                                Cmon THE BENGALS!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                  Saints -7, Eagles -3, Giants -5.5 and Packers -11 accum for a bit of interest
                                                                                  there was no way I expected the Giants to be fucking this up but the Packers too!!

Comment

Touchdown Bengals!!!!

Comment

That an accum A_CE? and if so what odds

Comment

Paying 40/1.

Dallas was a win too obviously, just took screenshot before the game

Comment

Bricking it. Rams taking an onside kick.

Edit: YES! Recovered by Bengals.

Comment

40/1 shot.. Ship it!

Comment

Originally Posted by Downtown
                                                                                              Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total
                                                                                              12/15 8:25 ET At Atlanta -12.5 Jacksonville 42.5
                                                                                              12/17 8:20 ET Dallas -6.5 At Tampa Bay 47 Like -6.5
                                                                                              12/18 1:00 ET At NY Giants -7 Washington 46.5
                                                                                              12/18 1:00 ET Green Bay -13.5 At Kansas City 46
                                                                                              12/18 1:00 ET New Orleans -6.5 At Minnesota 51.5
                                                                                              12/18 1:00 ET At Chicago -3.5 Seattle 35.5
                                                                                              12/18 1:00 ET At Buffalo PK Miami 42
                                                                                              12/18 1:00 ET At Houston -6.5 Carolina 45
                                                                                              12/18 1:00 ET Tennessee -6.5 At Indianapolis 41
                                                                                              12/18 1:00 ET Cincinnati -6.5 At St. Louis 40
                                                                                              12/18 4:05 ET Detroit -1 At Oakland 47.5
                                                                                              12/18 4:15 ET New England -6.5 At Denver 46
                                                                                              12/18 4:15 ET At Philadelphia -3 NY Jets 44
                                                                                              12/18 4:15 ET At Arizona -6.5 Cleveland 37.5
                                                                                              12/18 8:30 ET Baltimore -2.5 At San Diego 44.5

Monday Night Football Line
                                                                                              12/19 8:35 ET At San Francisco -3 Pittsburgh 39.5

Cowboys are on a mission as are the giants, Eli has been on fire. both to beat the spread

Indy to put up a fight against titans and this could be the week, I would take the + points if its over 5.
                                                                                              10 out of 13 so far, easy game

Comment

40/1 shot.. Ship it!

congrats!
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

San Fran -3 tonight much value?

Comment

San Fran -3 tonight much value?
                                                                                                    depends if ben plays,steelers think he will play. i tend to avoid the spreads when its 3 or less, only 3 SF games all season have been decided by 3 points or less and they lost two of them and only won the other by 1 point.

I would give it a miss to be honest as think the steelers will have too much. they know they win this and the division is most likely theirs with the ravens loss

Comment

Anyone know where I can get the best price on a Steelers handicap? Looking for biggest handicap possible for Stelers to win.

Comment

Not sure what you mean exactly but Steelers +3 is 20/23 on b365 and Laddies...

Comment

depends if ben plays,steelers think he will play. i tend to avoid the spreads when its 3 or less, only 3 SF games all season have been decided by 3 points or less and they lost two of them and only won the other by 1 point.

I would give it a miss to be honest as think the steelers will have too much. they know they win this and the division is most likely theirs with the ravens loss
                                                                                                          Like the Steelers myself but I like the under 38 points better. Be surprised if its over 30 points. Its a cold, sleety night out there and these two defenses are mean.

Comment

Originally posted by boba_fett3099 View Post
                                                                                                            Not sure what you mean exactly but Steelers +3 is 20/23 on b365 and Laddies...
                                                                                                            Yeah a little drunk but want the best "-" handicap for Steelers is what I want. Think they will win by 10+

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                              Yeah a little drunk but want the best "-" handicap for Steelers is what I want. Think they will win by 10+
                                                                                                              Yeah thought you might have been looking for alt handicaps. You can get -4 @ 2/1 on b365

Comment

Originally posted by boba_fett3099 View Post
                                                                                                                Yeah thought you might have been looking for alt handicaps. You can get -4 @ 2/1 on b365
                                                                                                                Looks to be the biggest reverse tease alright. Perhaps the 6's about the Steelers winning by 7-12 points might be of interest? Also on bet365

Comment

Think there is huge value in the SF -2.5 @ 10/11 on Hill atm. Likely wont be around for long, alot of movement on pinny (they're offering ~1.78)

Edit: Serious money obv coming in on SF, pinnacle's line is now -3 @ 10/11 was at -1.5 around 20 mins ago! Someone asleep at the wheel in hills..
                                                                                                                  Last edited by boba_fett3099; 19-12-11, 23:45.

Comment

Dont think The Steelers will be winning by a lot at all at all.

Gonna trow them at +3 into an accum.

Comment

My money pushes Steelers out to 41/20 (-4). FU @ 365 traders!

Comment

agree with whoever said that the unders is the bet, thats where my money is tonight

Comment

Reports saying Big Ben looked in significant discomfort during his warm up and went back to the locker room early. Still think he'll play but under bet looking even better now!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X