Nitty or Nice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitty or Nice?

Just a hand I played earlier.. Thought it might be kind of interesting to get opinions. Have no idea how he was playing since I haven't used HEM for a while. Been meaning to set it up though. My image would be ridiculously tight, as I hadn't gotten any half decent hands..

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 162 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds 10 Ante (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Hero (MP) (t5,815)
    CO (t13,844)
    Button (t10,183)
    SB (t4,411)
    BB (t4,820)
    UTG (t4,382)

Hero's M: 27.69

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q, Q
    UTG raises to t200, Hero raises to t488, 2 folds, SB raises to t1,222, 3 folds

Total pot: t1,336

Results below:
    SPOILER

SB didn't show

6max right? You have the 3rd best possible hand in the game right?

Dont think you can fold. It would be close if utg 5bet all in and then action back on us.

Comment

Originally posted by AKQJ10 View Post
      6max right? You have the 3rd best possible hand in the game right?

Dont think you can fold. It would be close if utg 5bet all in and then action back on us.
      Yeah, I know the dynamics of 6 max are different, but what range would you put him on when he 4 bets over a quarter of his stack out of position over an UTG open and a tight player UTG+1 3 betting? It's a pretty narrow range and obviously I'm either shoving/folding.

Edit to say it's relatively early in the tournament too.
      Last edited by KK82; 13-01-14, 02:36.

Comment

Seems weird to be playing a $162 6m tourney without hem + not following the action. Should at least be doing one of them or you're burning money. Even if you don't want to play with the hud overlayed all the time, you can at least have it running in the background and relaunch it for spots like this.

I donno, not in love with this. I still wouldn't fold but prob prefer a flat and get it in on no A or K flops.

I'd at least quickly scope/google him to see if he's a winner or loser. Might be happier getting it in pre vs a high abi fish even though we don't know his tendencies/stats. I'd imagine most regs will realise how nitty you've been but will probably still cold 4b AK.
        It's all an illusion

Comment

Yeah auto piloting a 162 6m HUD-less and readless is def burning money, players just won't make fundamental mistakes nearly as often as they need to for you to be exploiting them by simply playing strong ranges, even on a Sunday. That's probably the most important thing you can take from this thread.

The hand is a fist pump shove pre readless, gii vs TT+, AK. Expect bluffs a decent amount since a good reg paying even remote attention would find this a pretty decent cold 4b spot. Also makes call and gii on non A-high boards a good line, but folding is criminal without super nitty reads, especially when you're auto piloting and therefore relying mostly on people making mistakes by putting money in bad vs your range.
          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Point taken on the HUD.. Been playing on borrowed laptops since the summer and have just been too lazy to set it up on my computer.

Is TT really a 4 bet there though? Don't think it's a great spot to bluff in either. AK is a definite possibility.

Comment

My decision in this hand is between, shoving and flatting to get in in on a non A/K flop.
              Don't like folding at all.

I play too often without a HUD also, definitely a leak for me.

Comment

call.

Re-evaluate after flop & SB's action.

Comment

Working...
                X